Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fintastic Fishing Arcade Game With Custom Videos!

by Menaceman44 Posted 2nd Mar 2009 at 3:32 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 12:29 PM by Menaceman44

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 9:15 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 2nd Mar 2009 at 9:55 PM.
Fintastic Fishing? Perfectly in line with the other wacky arcade games. :D

edit: retro?! Arcade games are retro? Oh nooooo! I'm oooooold! XD

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 10:05 AM
I love it, great idea ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 3:08 PM
Cheers for the comments.

*Pats Cat's head sympathetically*

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 3:45 AM
Could you please help me. I can't figure out how to place the files in C/programs/EA Games/The Sims 2 University/TS data/Res/Movies/Games/Arcade. I understand that the 6. avi Vid file must go in Arcade and that the mm arcade fishing INI goes in INI. But I don't know how to place the files in. I have the whole download in my downloads file and the arcade machine shows up in game and I know why it flashes a blue screen. But once again, I can't seem to figure out how to place the required files in those ones mentioned. I have windows Vista, if that helps. Please help me. Thankyou.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:43 PM
Forgive me for not fully understanding but I don't know why moving a file should be giving you such problems.
Do you mean that you cannot find the required folders to put the files in?
It should just be a simple case of right clicking on the file you want to move and then selecting 'copy'. Open the folder where it needs to go and then right click and choose 'paste'.

If you still need help then tell me step by step what you have tried already. It may help me understand better.

Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 4:14 PM
Thankyou for your quick response. This is where I'm at. I go to downloads and find your files. I right click the 'INI' one, then choose 'copy'. Nothing happens until I choose 'open archive' then it has a place to type. I type in C:Program Files\EAGames\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Movies\Games\INI then the response is either The files don't exsist or the Path doesn't exsist...try another. I know something in that nature exsists because I've opened up everything to even Maxis arcade games are. I'm hoping it's something I'm simply not doing. Thankyou.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 7:20 PM
Try changing 'Program Files' to 'Programs' in the path address. I think they changed that in Vista.
If you still have problems it may be best to talk to someone who has Vista and can understand the system better. I've never come across 'Open Archive' before when trying to paste a file.

Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 7:51 AM
I finally got it to work. Looks great and I love the animations. Thanks again for your help and your creation. No, you were right, the path in Vista is 'Program Files' and it was a piece of cake when I'm not having a "moron moment". LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 4:11 PM
Glad to hear you got it working and are enjoying it! :D

Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:21 AM
Hi. Please check to see why the file for downloads isn't working. The net claims it can't find it. Thanks.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 8:24 AM
Never mind. I tried it once more after 5 tries and finally got it....again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:51 AM
You can create other arcade games besides the two from Maxis? Awesome!! I was wondering.... *hm*

This looks really cool, & I'll probably be getting it into my game soon enough! ^_^ (tomorrow is hectic & back, so I need my sleep tonight =P)

How do you go in & create another arcade mesh/video clip for it? (besides the obvious of using sims/etc) Cause I'm a big nut for the Wreck-It Ralph movie, & really like the idea of having his & Felix's game for the Sims, it'd be cute! ^^

They have the actual game on Disney's website, so all I'd have to do for the game animation is record some of the gameplay like you would a Let's Play video. =)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 9:36 PM
This is cool thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 10:07 PM
You will need SimPE to clone the arcade machine and then you can use whatever videos you want so long as they meet the requirements in this tutorial> http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=84234
It mentions converting videos to play on a Sims' T.V. but the same formatting is needed for them to play on arcade machines too.
Then you need to set up your own INI file.
All of the videos, apart from the Win and Lose videos, are played randomly by the game so you can't make them play in any specific order.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 8:37 PM
Thank you