Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Mode, Redone!

by BlueSoup Posted 8th Mar 2009 at 11:53 AM - Updated 25th Mar 2014 at 6:22 AM by BlueSoup

95 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:10 PM
Looks interesting ! You mention special install instructions, but I can't find them in the post or in the install instructions page.
Could you open my eyes ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:11 PM
Wow this is just ace! You do not know how long I have wanted something like this!! Can I download them all, as I have all EP's and SP's? Thanks so much for this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
Looks interesting ! You mention special install instructions, but I can't find them in the post or in the install instructions page.
Could you open my eyes ?

If you use the new tabbed version of the Downloads page, then you click on the Special Instructions page. If not, I've edited the page to reflect the special instructions (I myself don't use the tabbed version and I saw what was missing when I looked at the thread.)

Quote: Originally posted by snowfairyuk
Wow this is just ace! You do not know how long I have wanted something like this!! Can I download them all, as I have all EP's and SP's? Thanks so much for this!

If you have all EP's and SP's, download them all. Note that there a couple with different versions, don't use both versions of a single mod.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:43 PM
Thanks for your hard work. I really needed this!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:50 PM Last edited by SerpentDragon : 8th Mar 2009 at 12:58 PM.
Is okay to use this with DD, you know the one that was base game + NL + CB on one disk.

Anyways I installed all but two of the files. Happy Holiday (2006) and Free Time because I don't have those that ep and sp anymore. Kinda moved and lost them both somehow

Great mod and hope it works right and I give it a
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 12:56 PM
facking fantastic!!! TY!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SerpentDragon
Is okay to use this with DD, you know the one that was base game + NL + CB on one disk.

As far as I know, the Deluxe version is just the Base game, with NL and Celebrations tossed in there as a special deal. So you should have the BG, NL & Celebrations mods if you want to fix the catalogs. If it doesn't work, let me know. But I can't see why it shouldn't.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:22 PM
Thank you! I guess this was quite some work. However, I see a problem:
the aquariums from base game/AL and the Llama X-ing Sign from NL are moved to pets category. But these EPs don't have that category. You might want to double-check what happens for people without Pets. Will these items stay in their default category or disappear completely from the catalog?

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
Thank you! I guess this was quite some work. However, I see a problem:
the aquariums from base game/AL and the Llama X-ing Sign from NL are moved to pets category. But these EPs don't have that category. You might want to double-check what happens for people without Pets. Will these items stay in their default category or disappear completely from the catalog?

I've tested this - the Pets category will still appear and they will be in the Pets category alone.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:37 PM
That would mean that the pets icon is already included in the base game. Interesting...

You may want to give a note on that in the first post.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Inventor
#12 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:42 PM
Wow. I am going to test this. Fantastic idea - thanks!

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
You may want to give a note on that in the first post.

Thanks for your feedback, I've done that now. I thought I did before, but I guess not.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:05 PM
I'm getting a bad download with the NL file - an empty zip file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykatsim
I'm getting a bad download with the NL file - an empty zip file.

The file is fine, I just downloaded it and it's got the file inside. I think you encountered a site error, so try again
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:13 PM
Great idea! I would like to point out though, that by moving an item that the game recognizes as a sculpture to the plumming section dosent change what it is. In other words, if you have say a "buy a sculpture costing $1500" want, you need to go to plumming to find it. I have noticed this with lots of custom and hacked objects. Still a great effort and awsome idea.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bigjoehenessee
Great idea! I would like to point out though, that by moving an item that the game recognizes as a sculpture to the plumming section dosent change what it is. In other words, if you have say a "buy a sculpture costing $1500" want, you need to go to plumming to find it. I have noticed this with lots of custom and hacked objects. Still a great effort and awsome idea.

These aren't custom or hacked objects, though. This is simply moving things to the categories I think they should be in.
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:24 PM Last edited by bigjoehenessee : 8th Mar 2009 at 4:26 PM. Reason: I am an idiot
I realize that. I was saying that I have noticed, for example, that a custom stereo may appear in the stereo bin but will not satisfy a "buy stereo" want. I was merely comparing that to moving items around between bins. If the game recognizes something as one thing, moving it to another bin will not change that. So, in order to find a particular item to satisfy particular "buy item" wants, you may have to dig around to find them.
Scholar
#19 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:28 PM
these files, all of the eps and sps one has, goes only into the newest ep one has? not divided into the individual eps? is this correct or no?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueSoup
The file is fine, I just downloaded it and it's got the file inside. I think you encountered a site error, so try again

You're right, I got it this time. I tried 3 times before too, must have been a problem there for a few minutes. Thanks. :-)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
these files, all of the eps and sps one has, goes only into the newest ep one has? not divided into the individual eps? is this correct or no?

That's right. You put all of the files you need into the latest EP or SP, because that's the only one that is loaded by the game when you start it up.
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:56 PM
Your hack,is totally a lifesaver!I didn't know that i had all this objects in my game!Thank you!It worked fine!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:27 PM
I'd like to let you know everything seemed to load fine for me BlueSoup but I'll keep an eye out just in case.
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 6:57 PM
if this works in my game it will be awsome will test now thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 9:04 PM
Great work! Now everything is on the right place ^^.
Page 1 of 4