Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS! Downtown Rooftop (Create & Family in one screen)

by ClicknPsycho Posted 8th Mar 2009 at 10:01 PM - Updated 13th Mar 2009 at 11:59 PM by ClicknPsycho : Title

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:20 PM
What a clever idea!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:24 PM
I love this.

-Zenka
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:30 PM
wow, that is awesome with the sims in the back. How did you do that? I thought the camera position is fixed in another file and won't change when the cas-objects are arranged differently...?
The urban rooftop setting is quite cool, too!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
I thought the camera position is fixed in another file and won't change when the cas-objects are arranged differently...?

So did I, until NickM406 moved his. Then I tried moving the family part and to my surprise....

Thank you all for the thanksusses!

ClicknPsycho
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 10:52 PM
That is really cool how you managed to do that. The rooftop setting is creative. This made me delete the other CAS I got like 2 days ago. But this one is too cool, thank you.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." - Don Vito Corleone [Godfather]
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 8:44 AM
WOW and I love this one too ! Your truly creative ! Thanks a lot for sharing with us
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 3:58 PM
oh, I'm so gonna try that!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 7:41 PM
How cool ! Is it possible to customize to background decor in a more weathered way ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
How cool ! Is it possible to customize to background decor in a more weathered way ?

Using your recources ("luv your stuff!"), absolutely.
If you would like to make it, or want me to work on one ?

ClicknPsycho
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 12:03 AM
Both proposals are very attractive ! If you feel inspired, go ahead but if you give me some indications how, I'll grungyfy it with pleasure !
It's up to you...
Thanks for the kind words.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 6:29 PM
Thank you so very much again I love your CAS screens! Super idea to have them not on the first story.
Keep up the wonderful work!
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:23 AM
hey so just wondering, how did you get the urban background? i mean is it a neighborhood you have or something? cuz ive been wanting a new york city like neighborhood and havent found one and that looks pretty good so i was just wondering. thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by X32WaysToDie
hey so just wondering, how did you get the urban background? i mean is it a neighborhood you have or something? cuz ive been wanting a new york city like neighborhood and havent found one and that looks pretty good so i was just wondering. thanks

That is just building facades on the CAS! lot, nothing more.
Thank you for thinking it looks good though.

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:16 PM
wow now u can see the sims behind when creating
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 10:56 PM
hi (:
i know this may sound like a noobish question but i need help.

i downloaded this file and im pretty sure it messed up my game.

so im searching it in the downloads folder (im searching CAS)

and i cant find the files ! i re download it and it says to overwrite.

i search the exact file name and its still not in the downloads but it says it is !

please i MUST remove this file !

whats the files name exact ?

searching CAS and nothing !
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 320pisces
i downloaded this file and im pretty sure it messed up my game.

Well, on the first note, these are the exact file names included with the download:
CAS!.package -'file that overwrites existing CAS!.package'
CAS!.DowntownRooftop_package -'disabled by default'
DowntownRooftop.txt -'just text'

They should only be in your sims2/downloads folder.

(when you try to re-dowload, look and see where the files are trying to go).

If they aren't in the downloads folder then yes, the might cause your game to do something awefull, and for that, I'm sorry
If they ARE in your downloads folder, then they shouldn't do anything wrong, been tested and is basegame compatable.

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ClicknPsycho
Well, on the first note, these are the exact file names included with the download:
CAS!.package -'file that overwrites existing CAS!.package'
CAS!.DowntownRooftop_package -'disabled by default'
DowntownRooftop.txt -'just text'

They should only be in your sims2/downloads folder.

(when you try to re-dowload, look and see where the files are trying to go).

If they aren't in the downloads folder then yes, the might cause your game to do something awefull, and for that, I'm sorry
If they ARE in your downloads folder, then they shouldn't do anything wrong, been tested and is basegame compatable.

ive been exactly searching CAS in my downloads folder and when i overwrite it its in the downloads but i still cant find it :\
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 3:25 AM
Documents/EAgames/sims2/downloads ?
or*computername*/downloads?

it should be the first.
I'm here to help if I can.

ps- which OS?

edit: also make sure its not in your 'sims3' downloads folder, or if your using the installmonkey for sims3 it would put it in your mods folder. :p

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
Documents/EAgames/sims2/downloads ?
or*computername*/downloads?

it should be the first.
I'm here to help if I can.

ps- which OS?

edit: also make sure its not in your 'sims3' downloads folder, or if your using the installmonkey for sims3 it would put it in your mods folder. :p

ummm my downloads folder is jenny/documents/EA games/the sims 2/downloads

and its in there because it shows up in my game and when i overwrite it its in the downloads file. i just cant find it ! and i really need to remove it because always when i make a sim in that CAS i always get an error in the game saying to delete them unless im controlling them. and this started happening when i downloaded this.

whats OS ?

and nah i dont have the download monkey thing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:29 AM
well I'm confused.
It HAS to be in your downloads folder if you are using it. (also sounds like you have testingcheatsenabled on)
Is it in a subfolder in the downloads folder ?

just sort your download folder files alphabetically and look for CAS!

If you cant find it that way then I am confused.

I am really trying to help, but I think your problem might be something else because this has never done this with anyone else (to my knowledge), and I have used it on three different machines with no ill effects.

I'm not saying it couldn't be, but highly unlikely.

OS = Operating System (Windows XP/Vista etc...)

I will continue to think of any other solutions but at this time I have no Sims2 on my computers. My daughter does but it is in her room so I cant test until morning.

I will say once again that it HAS to be in your downloads folder if you are using that CAS in game, search again.

Do you have administrator rights on the computer You are using?
Is there a search filter you were using that might be blocking it?

Just suggestions.
feel free to email me or PM me or post here as often as you need to resolve this. Like I said, I want to help.
Can you take a screen cap of your downloads folder and post it here?

~ClicknPsycho~

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:40 AM
well I'm confused.
It HAS to be in your downloads folder if you are using it. (also sounds like you have testingcheatsenabled on)
Is it in a subfolder in the downloads folder ?

just sort your download folder files alphabetically and look for CAS!

If you cant find it that way then I am confused.

I am really trying to help, but I think your problem might be something else because this has never done this with anyone else (to my knowledge), and I have used it on three different machines with no ill effects.

I'm not saying it couldn't be, but highly unlikely.

OS = Operating System (Windows XP/Vista etc...)

I will continue to think of any other solutions but at this time I have no Sims2 on my computers. My daughter does but it is in her room so I cant test until morning.

I will say once again that it HAS to be in your downloads folder if you are using that CAS in game, search again.

Do you have administrator rights on the computer You are using?
Is there a search filter you were using that might be blocking it?

Just suggestions.
feel free to email me or PM me or post here as often as you need to resolve this. Like I said, I want to help.
Can you take a screen cap of your downloads folder and post it here?

~ClicknPsycho~

yeah i use boolprop. i never turn it off but it never harms my game :X
nope its not in a subfolder its in the downloads folder thats where it says to overwrite it and i search it a bunch of times. it says it finds nothing.

oh my OS is vista.

i have full adminstration rights.

and ok but i have alot of stuff in my downloads folder so what do i exactly take a picture of ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 5:54 AM
I would suggest a manual search in view/list mode not thumbnail, I know it would take time but if its alphabetical you should be able to narrow the search.

and if you have alot of cc than a picture would not do much good.

I had all my downloads in subfolders listed by creators.
you might consider subfolders for future downloads, at least one subfolder for recent downloads in case of game errors (like this).
Screenshots

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:37 AM
I would suggest a manual search in view/list mode not thumbnail, I know it would take time but if its alphabetical you should be able to narrow the search.

and if you have alot of cc than a picture would not do much good.

I had all my downloads in subfolders listed by creators.
you might consider subfolders for future downloads, at least one subfolder for recent downloads in case of game errors (like this).

ugh im having troubles uploading pics do you mind if i just put links to the picture through tiny pic ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 6:43 AM
I don't mind anything, lol
I just want your game to run. :D

ClicknPsycho
Page 1 of 2