Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Seasons Windows – one-tile and two-tile versions – Update/Fix 2009-04-10

by plasticbox Posted 6th Apr 2009 at 4:47 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:22 AM by plasticbox

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 4:59 PM
Thank you for this set of windows that's giving more possibilities to build houses!
hexameter
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:14 PM
I was just using these and wanted to find some single tile versions.
Then you go one step further!!
Thanx a million.

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:22 PM
I'm a big fan of the seasons objects and build stuff - these are a much appreciated addition!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 5:41 PM
Wow, you would know how much this was coveted by builders. This will be so helpful. Hooray!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:20 PM
These are wonderful, so nice to have a matching set of "country" windows. Plus they are priced so that they will work with the budget of my starter homes. Thank You.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 6:37 PM
Magnificent windows............time for me to retire, methinks.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
#8 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:25 PM
Wow, thank you so much! Have to try these out immidiatly, this window is one of my favorites!
Stupid question maybe, but it is possible to put curtains on the inside/indoors without using a cheat?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:33 PM
Thanks so much! These are awesome and I will now use these windows much more often. I'm especially glad for the shutters and window boxes for use with other windows and the recolorable flowers!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
Stupid question maybe, but it is possible to put curtains on the inside/indoors without using a cheat?

You can't have curtains in- and outside of a diagonal window without cheats, since they occupy the same tiles. That applies here as well - when you already have a shutter or flowerbox outside a diagonal window, the game will think there is a curtain blocking those tiles. Straight curtains can be on both sides.

I think game versions make a difference here though – I'm not sure how games newer than Seasons behave.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:53 PM
Excellent set, pbox! Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:41 PM
"Knock yourself out." You already did that for us! Thanks so much.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 9:45 PM
Thanks so much this is really helpful!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 11:45 PM
(squeals with glee) Thankyouthankyouthankyou! These are AWEsome.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
i really appreciate the separate flower box - thank you!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 10:03 AM
More matching stuff...i really love this world *lol*
Thank you so much for the windows,i really need them

Hugs Piggi ^(°oo°)^

>> Piggi's Sims <<
Alchemist
#17 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 11:11 AM
Lot of work for a week end, plastibox! thank you for not let anything distract you LOL you seem to be a busy bee in these days .... love this set, these windows will be used more often and definetively more then the maxis one, the separate flower box is a genius touch. Thank you veeery much.
Kiss and ciao.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:14 AM
The thumbnails are incorrect on my machine as well. They also show up blue, and I'm on XP.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=323049 may help you?
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 2:40 PM
I love this set! It's going to be much used in my game. This is really beautiful window from the inside too, and it always bugged me that it was so useless in many of my houses, because the flowerboxes and shutters.
Thumbnails are showing blue in my game too and when placed on a wall, there seems to be blue surroundings on a window. Simsconnection has some similar windows too, and they act the same way in my game. I would love to be able to use this set, it's so awesome!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 10:41 PM
BlueSoup – thank you, I've seen that thread, I believe it's about a different issue though. But I just got a PM from HugeLunatic who explained to me what the problem was; I'll fix it asap.

CothigSimmy – what do you mean by "blue surroundings on a window"? Can you post a screenshot? I don't know what you're referring to.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 12:16 AM
Okay, thumbnails are fixed. Thank you, HugeLunatic!

Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 10:12 AM Last edited by CothigSimmy : 12th Apr 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo
Here's the link to the picture on my PB album. I'm not sure why this happens in my game, if no one else has no problems. I have all the EP's and i'm running on windows XP.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 11:06 AM
This looks like it doesn't find the texture for the wallshadow -- that's a texture in the original Seasons window (or rather, in the respective objects.package) You metioned this happens with another CC window as well .. is that also a Seasons-like window? Does it remain blue when you zoom out? Do the original Seasons windows work ok for you?

Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 7:07 PM
Well, the original seasons windows works just okay. The other cc window set i mentioned was multi pane windows from simsconnection and i think those are seasons like windows too. And, i tried to zoom and what not, no difference. Your windows has only the blue surroundings tho, the simsconnection ones are all blue, the glass and all.
I just realized, that i have one country window created by nofrills too, so maybe i'll dump it for a while, and see if that helps at all. That window works okay tho, but if it somehow messes it all up?
Page 1 of 2