Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2009 at 10:55 AM
Welcome to Meshers United!
Welcome! This group is all about meshing! Surprisingly! Do you enjoy just the process of meshing? Like looking at meshes? Working with them? If you could re-do the universe, would everything be made from tiny triangles instead of strings? Yes? Well then, pull up a chair and join the club! What we do in this forum is discuss anything relating to meshing: others' meshes, your own meshes, meshing tricks and techniques, tutorials, tiptorials, texturing, etc. Content does not have to be limited to Sims 2, so express your feelings and say what you want. :P

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:23 PM
Meshing is hard. Veeeeery hard. It can also suck, but it can also be fun. UV mapping is evil.

*thinks* Did I leave anything out?

Ah, yes. Ripping apart maxis meshes because you can't make your own properly yet is FUN!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Anime Addict
#3 Old 10th May 2009 at 3:25 PM
Hiya peoples!
I decided, as i can't mesh myself, that i'd come here and get tips from the "masters"
Nice idea about the group though Raps

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th May 2009 at 4:29 PM
You know I'm awful at meshing (it's seen in my cat-dog ), so I'd like to learn more from all of you...

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:21 PM
Nice to see you guys here. :D

*random* does anyone here remember quatala? (I think that's how it's spelled) She did the broken set? I think I should invite her, she's better than I am by far, even I'm here to learn. :D

Zombie Socks
#6 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:32 PM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 10th May 2009 at 6:41 PM.
Gutala! Everybody loves Gutala!

It's not a mesh, but it is shapes in a way, sooo... I'm currently making Sora from Kingdom Hearts into a sim. I was originally going to edit his face in milkshape (which burned to the ground horribly by my lack of talent with meshtool) so now I'm making him in bodyshop. I think I've learned more about bodyshop sliders making him than I have in all my years of playing the game. I've managed to get his face almost perfect, if I do say so myself!

Making a sim with a non-simmish type face actually requires basic mesh knowledge of vertices. Sims' faces are pretty much a basic mesh where you're moving specific groups of vertices at a time instead of one point at a time. Getting rid of sharp edges caused by vertices overlapping vertices was a major problem for me with making Sora. I actually have some pretty good knowledge of fixing distortion now! I was so worried that I couldn't make a sim of Sora without using that HP (amazing!) tutorial that was so hard to do, but in the end, I learned a lot!

Now I have to make his custom content. I now fear the hard part is only beginning.

*sneaky spelling fix

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2009 at 6:02 PM
Gutala, as I found out.

by meshtool, what do you mean? Also, bodysop jint: for extreme faces, make a sim as close as possible, save, then clone him, and the sliders will be back to zero, allowing you to make even more extreme features.

I was never particularly adept at sim creation. Too much mimicry involved, which isn't my talent.

I wish you luck on his clothes. but, that's what this forum is for! Keep a running thread on it if you like, we can help when you need us to.

Zombie Socks
#8 Old 10th May 2009 at 6:39 PM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 10th May 2009 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
I wish you luck on his clothes. but, that's what this forum is for! Keep a running thread on it if you like, we can help when you need us to.

*laughs evily* Oh Raps! You shouldn't have said that! I'm very new at this, so you might regret that very very soon!

I'm stuck right now, because he has KH2 face sculpt and hair but I always liked his KH1 outfit sooooo much better. *she likes the red hotpants*

http://nene.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=207836
This is the tutorial I meant. Is SWEET no?

http://www.khmaniacs.com/wiki/index...:Sora_KH1_1.jpg
http://campinfinity.cs.luc.edu/Memb...ten/kh2sora_pic
This is going to be one heck of a mesh project. *sighs*

Wiki Wizard
#9 Old 10th May 2009 at 7:27 PM
Mesh Mesh Mesh Mesh Mesh

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th May 2009 at 7:28 PM

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:12 AM
hmm, I'm thinking do the KH1 version. i can see something and make it into a mesh in my mind, and i see the KH1 being easier for several reasons:

1. No chaps, those are HARD to mesh

2. more geometric shapes, less abstract shapes

3. less clutter

why don't you start a new thread about it? by the way, i recommend starting with the keyblade, because that's easiest to mesh.

Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th May 2009 at 11:14 PM
Hey, thanks for the invite, Raps! I finally belong somewhere!!

I'm working on some meshes for the Purity Project group right now. Busy, busy, busy...
Theorist
#13 Old 12th May 2009 at 12:00 PM
Yay I joinerized! erm....... I think some of you know that I am currently working on this mesh for child girls.... it's coolies. My first Mesh EVA! XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:16 PM
hi swami! Glad you accepted the invite. I figured with your meshing abilities (the talents you have are for USEFUL things, while mine are for NON-USEFUL things ) you might enjoy, and possibly give tips to, the group.

Zim, you want to post some pics? For those members with no knowledge of your project?

Theorist
#15 Old 14th May 2009 at 12:21 AM
ok, It should be uploaded soon anyway though.
Here's 2 pics:

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th May 2009 at 5:03 AM
woot! :D

Theorist
#17 Old 14th May 2009 at 5:24 AM
hehe, I don't know why it's taking so long for them to get uploaded... *waits patiently*... *stresses*... *mental breakdown*... I have had a mental breakdown before XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th May 2009 at 6:43 AM
Wait, are they taking forever to get approved, or are you taking forever to upload them?

Theorist
#19 Old 14th May 2009 at 7:06 AM
to get approved, they've been in the thingy for ages maybe the mod dudes who check the uploads just aren't on at the moment. there were onlly 2 changes required. A bit more description and they wanted me to take of the night life ep for required eps. I must have accidently clicked it. Anyway it probably will be approved.
Zombie Socks
#20 Old 14th May 2009 at 5:17 PM Last edited by whitewaterwood : 15th May 2009 at 3:46 AM.
I see some fakepeeps inspiration here! Which is good, because fakepeepsmakes some pretty cute meshes. Without her, I don't think there would be a third as many clothes. Very true.

*fixed

Forum Resident
#21 Old 14th May 2009 at 6:21 PM
Looks great, ZimZ! I'm sure it'll be approved soon. I posted some stuff for the Purity Project group a couple of days ago, and it just now showed up on the board. They must be backlogged--it doesn't usually take that long.

Raps, I'd be happy to offer tips and advice for meshing, but I'm coming to find that I don't quite mesh the way other people do, so I don't know how helpful I'll be. I'll try, though!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th May 2009 at 11:45 PM
Hmm, how do you mesh? Me is curious now! i use cylinders a lot.

Theorist
#23 Old 15th May 2009 at 12:35 AM
WWW: Don't you mean fakepeeps7 not fanseelamb? I'm more inspired by fakepeeps...
Zombie Socks
#24 Old 15th May 2009 at 12:38 AM
I started out just moving around vertices, but then I realized you can do a lot with a combination of creative vertice movements and tricky UV mapping. AND it keeps down the poly count! Using alpha peices is also amazingly wonderful, because I've always been betters at texturing than 3D models anyway.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th May 2009 at 2:59 AM
alpha isn't my fav thing ever, but it has it;s advantages, like for instance the flowers I'm working on.

Page 1 of 2