Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 9:27 PM
My sims are of all the same race: Simnese. African, Caucasian, Asian, Malay, doesn't matter.
Advertisement
#27 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 9:53 PM
I haven't done specific countries/nationalities. I've been doing a big ol' mix of Latino sims though. Some of them come Spaniard backgrounds while most have a Caribbean vibe to them (though they are a few with Columbians or Brazilian in mind).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:23 AM
I forgot.... I have done a lot of aliens!
And long time ago I had a "Scarlegan" neighborhood. The Scarlegans are a "fantasy people" with black hair, very light skin and blue eyes and some unique facial features. I invented a totally new culture.......
When I first came to this board I played them.

And I always think of the maxis sims as having an origin. I just look at the name and the look etc. Circe Beaker is greek-irish, Loki is scandinavian, Ajay Loner is Indian, Don is Italian etc. But it's unclear with some......
The Curious brothers for example. In my head they are a mix of Mexican, Asian, Eastern European and English. Pascal and Lazlo have passed on some dark features and asian eyes while Vidcund and Jenny look very caucasian.
Inventor
#29 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:24 AM
Oh yeah Caribbean! I forgot I got a few Reggea Rasta Heads in my Uni :p

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
#30 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:29 AM
chinese... english??

i don't know, i don't really choose ethnicities. don't think of my sims as anything.
just light, med, tanned, dark. i never use the dark skintone for some reason. usually go for the tanned or med.

their just simmies.
Theorist
#31 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by endersgirl07
Hmm... actually, all my CAS sims are of a certain ethnicity. I don't think any of them are just "Simerican". The ones I've made so far are:

Greek
Kenyan
Venezuelan
Bulgarian
Japanese
Finnish
Russian
Swedish
Irish
Indonesian
Hawai'ian
Mexican
French

Indonesian? Interesting. What stereotypes do you put them in?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

Indonesians are asians. But ask Endersgirl. I seriously don't put much ethnic stereotypes in sims other than looks and names. They all act, eat and think the same. lol.
#33 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:09 PM
I don't really think about ethnicity when I make sims but sometimes I'll decide in my head.
The majority of my Asian sims are Japanese but I do have a Chinese girl not in game yet (she's based off facial features of three Chinese models).
I also have a French-named girl, a few guys with medium skin and Hispanic names, and little things like that.
#34 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:37 PM
I made a Japanese family just the other day and that was the only time I actually looked up specific names for a specific ethnicity. Other than them I have a few Mexican sims, an Indian family, a Chinese family, er...a few people with French names and the rest are just a confused mix of any skintone/hair/features that took my fancy at that moment. o__o
#35 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:40 PM
Russian, Sicilian, British, Welsh, Polish, German, Native American, and Spanish, if you want actual specifics. I only give the ones that may have a role in Omerta an actual 'ethnicity' although they are all technically Americans.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#36 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:50 PM
It's kinda hard to find cc for them and at the end of the day, they all eat, sleep, etc like sims. So while I make the ethnic sims for fun, they end up all beng the same. They all even only speak simlish
Ok so I've put in:
american (duh)
Palestinian
Greek

I want to put more in though. I have yet to reinstall my game though after my big blooper so I'll be doing that tonight. And perhaps I should make sims from all differnt countries of the world
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:52 PM
I agree on Simnese...all I ever change are the phenotypes. I very rarely try to match CC
Field Researcher
#38 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:44 AM
American
Austrailian
English (my favorite i vision my sims having cokney accents!)
Latino
Asian
Italian
Morrocan
Persian
Irish

um....well these aren't really 'races' but you get the idea...i like having themes...
Mad Poster
#39 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazyviolet
turkish muslim aliens

I don't think about races when I play. The game is in english == I play in english == I use english names. The only people I have in game are white and black, never ever had asians or any other kind. I also never give them any religion to follow, or a special culture. They are all the same just different stories.
Scholar
#40 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:26 AM
My sims are almost always Caucasian Americans, since that's what I am. Occasionally I'll throw in a black or an Asian for variety, but they're always American. One time, though, I did make a French family that recently moved to the states... if that counts, lol.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

Well I actually only have one Indonesian sim right now you can see her in the island beauty contest (and my avatar, lol)...she has sort of a mix of southeast asian and pacific islander features. But I also modeled her after a picture of a woman I found on google. As for stereotypes... I kinda like to imagine they keep some of their ethnic traditions, but they live like any other sim in a modern world.
#42 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:23 AM
French, English, American, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish and Dutch of course, because I'm Dutch.
#43 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 10:06 AM
my sims usually have names witch sound like hacker usernames typed in lower caps and 1337speech(ub3r s1m)
Instructor
#44 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:03 AM
I dream of creating a Cypriot and French Sims.. :D
My friend is from Cyprus, and i am currently learning beginner French.

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Test Subject
#45 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:29 AM
This is a rather strange concept to me. My sims have different skin colours and different facial features, but not because I'm making a Chinese sim or an Egyptian sim or anything like that. I make sims with features that I find attractive or interesting. My sims don't have different nationalities or ethnicities - they're all born in their own neighbourhoods, and never leave their neighbourhoods.

They have a large variety of names, too - in my current neighbourhood, I have a family with a mixture of Welsh, French, Spanish and Cornish names. That doesn't mean that those sims are Welsh or Cornish or Spanish though. Just that I like the names.
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 2:43 AM
French
Spanish
Elvin
Japanese
Chinese
Italian
Russian
Aliens

Umm thats all I can think of.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plaything
This is a rather strange concept to me. My sims have different skin colours and different facial features, but not because I'm making a Chinese sim or an Egyptian sim or anything like that. I make sims with features that I find attractive or interesting. My sims don't have different nationalities or ethnicities - they're all born in their own neighbourhoods, and never leave their neighbourhoods.

They have a large variety of names, too - in my current neighbourhood, I have a family with a mixture of Welsh, French, Spanish and Cornish names. That doesn't mean that those sims are Welsh or Cornish or Spanish though. Just that I like the names.

Didn't they have a Welsh, Cornish or Spanish ancestor centuries ago?
Scholar
#48 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 9:22 PM
My sims are mostly what ever I download... but they all have very English names. Sometimes I try to make them have a culture, but I always end up making them how I live XD
Forum Resident
#49 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 9:44 PM
The vast majority of my non-American Sims are Irish, because I'm Irish; I've also had a few French, a few Japanese. I use a name generator for CAS families so if I can figure out the ethnicity of the names that come out, I make those Sims that ethnicity.
Test Subject
#50 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 4:12 PM
Well none of my sims are "Simerican". The default nationality in my game to me is English as that's where I'm from.

So I have:

English
Irish
Scotts
Greeks
Russians
Dutch
Japanese
Chinese
Brazillians
Americans (USA)
Africans