Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 9:41 PM
- Also the fact that objects don't stay upon move-out. I have the shrub.

- I really wish we could drag and place queued items, say, if we change our minds, or if a bathroom break is needed before something else in the queue.
Advertisement
#27 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:21 PM
Most of what everyone has said PLUS
I hate that you can't visit a community lot with your toddlers/babies.
The only time toddler siblings interact is when they are fighting for a bottle or playin with a dollhouse.
#28 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:36 PM
I totally hate when they cry and moan when ever you buy something new for the house! They hate everything. OHHH and crying because they have bugs! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Instructor
#29 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:38 PM
Fires. I can't leave one Level 6 Cooking sim to make a chili con carne for lunch without him setting the house on fire. Or the level 8 Cooking sim who sets the house on fire making TOASTER PASTRIES with the TOASTER OVEN because seriously, how do you do that?!

Also, autonomous staring out the bathroom window while other sims need to pee.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#30 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:47 PM
OK, i'll only name a few as i could be here all night:

1) the whole "What's This?" thing. annoys the hell out of me!
2) "It's raining" say no more
3) Enrivronemt motive never works properly! It's sooo random. the best of houses can have a very low environment but a horribly set out house can give them a good rating???
4) I agree with proxian - fires. One of my trees got struck by lightning and went up in flames. My sim calls the fire service and when they get there they tell me to "be more careful next time." Hello, how was it my fault!!!
5) they wont just stand still, even with free will off. I'm trying to take a picture for a contest but after a while they get bored, start fidgeting and eventually walk off to stand somewhere else!! What are they doing!
Theorist
#31 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stylequeen
5) they wont just stand still, even with free will off. I'm trying to take a picture for a contest but after a while they get bored, start fidgeting and eventually walk off to stand somewhere else!! What are they doing!

Probably trying to remind you they're standing there with free will off. :D

I've tried to get big families together for a picture. I line up all the chairs just so, then have them sit down, and what do they do? Start looking at each other and talking, so I do know what you mean. It's a royal pain.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:47 AM
I HATE their obsession about the babies. They're CONSTATLY picking them up! Leave the baby alone. It's not crying=don't bother with it.
And when you tell them to chat or do something or the computer, they dio it for 5 sim-minutes nd then play SSX!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:08 AM
OH! I think my #1 is the the "what's this" with new stuff.
#34 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:10 AM
That weird thing with there eyes. When they look sideways or up or down or anywhere not straightforward. Also the nannies, reactions to fires, and toddlers/babies are sooo annoying lol!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:16 AM
Gah, I need to add the fact that kids can't make any meals. Seriously, what 8 year old can't make a sandwich. :hmm:

My name is Loren.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:18 AM
I find the crying over bugs ridiculous. You're crying over BUGS like you would over a dead parent. That's just beyond wimp-hood.

Not so much annoying as something I wish would be handled sometime--toddlers not being able to play with each other.
Banned
#37 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 6:27 AM
I hate secret society members, they NEVER, EVER clean anything up!! Everything is gridlocked with plates and garbage!!!!

I hate when my sims complain about their needs, when I've already told them to go do what they need to do!

Crying because they saw a bug. "Waaah, a bug was in the house, it could have ate meeee."

Ever since Turn Ons and Turn Offs where added to my game, my sims make enemys all the time.

Stompping because something is in the way.

Quote: Originally posted by stylequeen
One of my trees got struck by lightning and went up in flames. My sim calls the fire service and when they get there they tell me to "be more careful next time." Hello, how was it my fault!!!

:laugh: Oh my gosh that is just too funny!
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:19 AM
1. When a Sim meets a Sim of the opposite sex that fulfils at least one chemistry factor but have had no prior romantic interaction, they kiss immediately upon greeting. It is really annoying.

2. They always want to cook lobster thermidore ... and then end up burning it. That's one-two Sim-hours gone just because of that, when it could have been better spent cooking food that wouldn't always somehow end up being burnt. Bah.
#39 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 7:50 AM
The only issue I have right now is that a CAS sim of mine, formerly Dalia Lawson, married Maxis sim Cyd Roseland and they have 2 sets of twins and 1 single child, who is the youngest, ALL the kids are african american like their mother, which doesn't bug me except I'd like more diversity in the house, ALL are boys, and they ALL seem to be clones of the one born before them. I've never had an problem with kids being identical(unless the are twins, which isn't a problem) in any family I've created until now.
Test Subject
#40 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 11:37 AM
I hate that no matter how many fantastic custom clothes I have in my downloads folder, sims always age transition with the worst clothes available, especially when you don't have any spare simoleans to buy them new ones without cheating, jodphurs and a slinky red corset top, purleeasseee!

Yarr!

Sweet dreams are made of this
Field Researcher
#41 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 12:09 PM
Actually, sometimes I quite enjoy it when that happens. It's fun trying to make them "work" the look. I can be a cruel and unusual simmer. The only one that really cheeses me off is when girl toddlers transition to having short hair and a tux (even the pink one) - then they look like boys.

What annoys me the most is the basic inability my sims have recently developed to shoo people out the bathroom. The have peed themselves next to the toilet after trying to get visitors to leave for over a sim hour. Oy!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 1:54 PM
Another thing i hate....i should of wrote a list of everything but everytime i play the sims i remember another...lol

so yeh..i hate when people keep bringing people back from work/school - because sometimes, about 4 members of the family bring people back, and then for AGES you've got total strangers wondering round the house and getting in the way! arrrgh

oh oh and another thing, when a kid brings back someone from school, it says, "bla bla has brought a FRIEND from school today", whereas in thier relationship stats, they're arnt a friend..there is no smiley face....so really it should say "bla bla has brought a stanger from school today" JEEZE

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Instructor
#43 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaimeA
The only issue I have right now is that a CAS sim of mine, formerly Dalia Lawson, married Maxis sim Cyd Roseland and they have 2 sets of twins and 1 single child, who is the youngest, ALL the kids are african american like their mother, which doesn't bug me except I'd like more diversity in the house, ALL are boys, and they ALL seem to be clones of the one born before them. I've never had an problem with kids being identical(unless the are twins, which isn't a problem) in any family I've created until now.

Did you re-roll genetics? If not, then they're going to be clones.

Before the next baby is born, exit the household, go to Neighborhood, and go to Create a Family. Make two adult sims of opposite genders, then go to the Create a Baby option, and click the pacifier a few times to change the way they mix genetics.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 4:05 PM
What annoys me is the fact that there isn't any outside play things for toddlers and kids. I mean come on, how meny kids, and even toddlers are always in the house playing video games. Not my kids.

It also annoys me that when you want to go to a community lot, and you have pets and kids, and only want to take the kids, unless you form a group the pets come too. I don't normally take my dog out clothing shoping with me.

And that you can't take babies and toddlers out. What no daycare centers? It is the time for working parents. I hate the nanny too, one of my babies nearly got taken away when she was watching it. For the fact she ignored it.

Of course all the other things too that have been listed. But I've been working on downloading those things to make it less annoying. Like toddlers and kids, putting them to bed a 9pm, and only having them sleep until 2am, then they're too tired for school. I had that download to make them sleep until 6am, but its not working anymore.
Instructor
#45 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 5:44 PM
When they NEED to get their fun up but they won't do any of the fun things I make them do. Drives me nuts!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 8:16 PM
-When the kids put their homework books somewhere I can't find them.

-When a Sim spends more time complaining than doing what I just told them! Instead or stomping your feet and moaning, just move around the object/person or watch TV already!

-The phone seems to ring more after I installed Seasons. It's seriously getting on my last nerve.

-Sims seem to be drawn to talking specifically in the bathroom, and this can be bad when it's the only one in the house, and others have to use it!

-Limited things kids and toddlers can do for fun.
#47 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I_Love_Simming
Anther thing that really annoys me, it might be just me but...when sims have a baby 97% of the time its a boy! why carnt it be a girl? alwaaaaays a boy, not been playing the sims for long but ive only had 2 girls! had about 14 boys though lol its so stupid.....
and also when i do have a boy, when its a toddler they always look the same...lol
is it just mine?

Funny that! I'm doing a legacy family, and right now I'm up to my fourth generation... and so far, no boys.

Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skylark
Actually, sometimes I quite enjoy it when that happens. It's fun trying to make them "work" the look. I can be a cruel and unusual simmer. The only one that really cheeses me off is when girl toddlers transition to having short hair and a tux (even the pink one) - then they look like boys.

What annoys me the most is the basic inability my sims have recently developed to shoo people out the bathroom. The have peed themselves next to the toilet after trying to get visitors to leave for over a sim hour. Oy!

The first one happens to me all the time - I keep freaking out, thinking I mis-read when the baby was born and I've named it the wrong gender xD
Site Helper
#49 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Passion4Film
- Also the fact that objects don't stay upon move-out. I have the shrub.

- I really wish we could drag and place queued items, say, if we change our minds, or if a bathroom break is needed before something else in the queue.

I also wish we could lock an autonomous action. There are times when I tell them to do something while they are in the middle of doing something else and find myself yelling "I didn't mean that you couldn't finish taking the trash out!"

And I object to the sheer idiocy of someone asking to play punch me- punch you with someone who is more than happy to leave a bruise, getting mad about the overly hard hit, then IMMEDIATELY asking to play again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:23 PM
I hate when the go oooogie praaa or something like that. drives me nuts. did you notice when there in the pool if there sleep deprovied they talk in this werid language. or something once my Scully just drowned in the pool. it must be a seasons thing.
Page 2 of 9