Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:30 PM
Default "The Complete the Sims 2"?
A while ago a complete the sims 1 was released with all of the sims 1 expansions. And I was wondering if anyone else was wondering if there would be something like that for the sims 2?

And if rabid simmers who already had the lot would buy the compact version, since it'd be smaller, (full sims 1 game, bought one at a time- 14gig, complete version ~6gig), and less buggy (patches included). On the other hand, it would still be thirty bucks for a game that introduces nothing new and if a person did have the complete set would have spent (including EA's paysite content, every stuff pack and every EP at full price) $490?

So would you buy it if they made it? Do you reckon they're going to make it?

DISCLAIMER: I have no evidence, other than EA's history of being money grubbers, that this will be made. Just wondered about your opinions on it. THIS IS PURELY IDLE SPECULATION. Assume nothing!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:34 PM
Yes, they'll make it. They did for TS1, they will for TS2. Yet another thing to milk the franchise. Wouldn't surprise me if they included some sort of exclusive content with the bundle to try to lure completists.

No, I won't get it - I already have all that stuff (except for any exclusives), and hard drive space is no concern for me.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
A while ago a complete the sims 1 was released with all of the sims 1 expansions. And I was wondering if anyone else was wondering if there would be something like that for the sims 2?

DISCLAIMER: I have no evidence, other than EA's history of being money grubbers, that this will be made. Just wondered about your opinions on it. THIS IS PURELY IDLE SPECULATION. Assume nothing!

Well, I am a new simmer, and all I have is the Double Deluxe -- which was a great way to get in. So Yes, I'd love a complete set on DVD's or something like that -- as long as my system can support it. Because I haven't spent a lot yet,a nd that would be a thrifty addition for me.
#4 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 8:29 AM
I'm sure they will make it, but when they do I probably won't be getting it. I've got all the expansions up to Bon Voyage, but at the moment I'm not actually planning on buying FT or AL just because even with the current expansions I'm probably only making use of maybe 25% of the added content, so it seems a bit pointless to add even more stuff I'll probably never use.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 8:49 PM
I think it will be made and I don't plan on getting it. I've never gotten the boxed sets, I get the expansion packs/stuff packs. They usually are given to me and just seem to accumulate on their own.

I'm indifferently curious.
8/2010
9/2011
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 11:32 PM
I won't, they got me a little that way on the original (I have Sims 1 Double Deluxe), but I won't bite again. I seriously doubt they could throw in any custom content I wouldn't be able to get the equivalent or better of from free sites... or it'd just show up in the store a couple months later (though it'd have to be pretty spectacular to get me to dump money into that concept). Heck, I'm still torn on whether to get any Stuff Packs.

Now, since I haven't gotten any SPs, if they released just a SP compilation I'd pounce on it (actually, I've rather been hoping for that).

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
#7 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 12:45 AM
Nope. Wouldn't buy it. That would be a waste of money...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:56 PM
Think I'd be pretty annoyed if they made a box set with everything in it, for a reasonable price. After spending hundreds on the full game, I don't want to see a complete collection on sale in a few years time, for £30-£40. I doubt EA would go so low with Sims 2 though. They might make it though, since they've milked the game for everything its worth, and more.
Alchemist
#9 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 2:58 PM
I think that if it took up less room i would buy it and ditch all of my sims games, because im on a laptop and i need a lot of space.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 3:36 PM
I already have all SPs and EPs so I'm not going to bother buying whatever boxed version they might release. I spent the money once, and if I spend some more then it's going to be for a new game that I don't already own.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:43 PM
I don't have an issue with them doing a complete set. It saves waste and is cheaper for newer players who are getting into the games.

I also don't like the idea that because I've spent hundreds of dollars on Sims, that means everyone should. People who bought DVD players or Wiis, or PS3s straight away paid a lot more than people who waited. Its how business works.
#12 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:57 PM
I'm pretty certain that EA will realease a all in one sims 2 compilation, but we will have to wait until after AL to see it on the shelves.And of chorse it will probably have a whole big list of good things to say about itself on the back of the box, and a big shiny sticker with "NEVER BEFORE SEEN CONTENT" streaked across it.It would be a great gift for someone who doesnt have the game, but wants to start playing.

Personally, I like the fact that I've slowly built up my Sims 2 collection.Sure the boxes are dusty and broken, but I like to have each individual one, in fact, its a ritual for me that whenever I buy a new EP, I lay my entire collection out in order of release, just to see them lined up!And as for saving HDD space, we cram so much CC into our games that, a little bit of tidying up of the original's content becomes pointless.

WOW!.....rant.Long story short, I wont buy it
#13 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 2:38 PM
I won't buy it. It probably won't come out for Mac, anyway.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:49 AM
I don't have anywhere near all of the EPs and SPs so I probably would buy the set if they made one. I did for Sims 1 though we bought that after we started playing Sims 2 so it didn't get played much. But since I'm not planning on buying Sims 3 anytime soon after the release, I'd buy the Sims 2 set.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zzelda16
I won't buy it. It probably won't come out for Mac, anyway.

It might, the sims 1 version came out too.

I have no need for it now, but maybe after many years when all my eps are gone or broken or something, I'll buy an all in one. What would be interesting to know is - will the life stories be included, or will they have their own all in one box.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:36 AM
I wouldn't buy it. Waste of money. Besides, I don't even like all EPs, so I prefer just picking out a few I like and keep the game running smooth (old computer, so more and more lag with every EP).

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#17 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
It might, the sims 1 version came out too.

I didn't know that! Thanks for correcting me. (:

Well, if it does, I won't buy it unless it's only about $30 and I'm missing an expansion pack.
#18 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 7:02 PM
if they ever make one I would definetely get one, not only will it save some shelf space but make the whole installation process much easier
#19 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 9:52 PM
I would buy it, if A) it did not have securom and B) the size of the compilation did not kill my computer. Something like that would probably have about 4 or 5 disks-the same size if not more than the original Sims 2.
As it is right now, I'd have to upgrade the RAM to put in any more EP's; even with it being "cheap", I can't afford it.
So, in the long run, no. But they will do it, because they saw the figures after the Sims 1 Complete Collection was released-not bad at all. They like money, in any way possible.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 10:15 PM
Considering I have all EPs --and I don't want to start calculating how much money I spent on those over time-- I don't see a reason to buy the complete collection.
I don't have a space problem with my computer either.

EAxis have got enough money from me already.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 11:11 PM
I wish I was patient enough to wait until they sold the complete set, and save a lot of money. But I snatch up every EP and SP as soon as it comes out. The game is too fun to wait :D
Instructor
#22 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM
I thought this was gonna be "how do you complete the sims 2" and I was gonna say, "When everyone's dead."
dissapointing that it wasn't that, but anyway yeah They'll make it but I won't buy it, I have them all up to seasons, so no point.

edit: i got mine cheap anyway, I haven't payed over £9.99 for any of them
Scholar
#23 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 11:39 PM
I'd like to get it coz I only have a few expansion packs and they are already slowing down my PC.

But meh, The Sims 3 will be coming out soon anyway, and I'll be uninstalling the Sims 2 to make room for that.
Alchemist
#24 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 2:00 PM
43 days until TS3 arrives
#25 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 2:38 PM
i'd buy it if the load times were significantly improved...
Page 1 of 2