Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:39 PM
-hair that is either not binned and/or not placed in the same family (ie: changing the hair colour of a sim from red to blond and you end up with a maxis mesh). Drives me nuts especially when there are like 5 sets of greys. If you family bin them, there will only be one.
-Eye brows and any kind of facial hair that is not binned. I don't like going through the eyebrows and facial hairs trying to guess which one is the brown ones
-Objects that are so beyond their alloted floor space that sims walk right through the object to get to something else
-creators who don't put their name and/or site and a brief description in the file name.
-accessories that don't have descriptive tool tips. Even for facial items because if they're not glasses, necklaces and over sized earrings, you still can't see what it is
-skintones with eye brows...I can't edit skintones if my life depended on it. If the eyebrows are already there, I won't use the skintone
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#52 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:41 PM
Hair and furniture that (mal)functions as if it were designed for photo shoots rather than play. Of course, there are some people for whom designing/decorating/photoshopping is their Sims play. That's fine. Just state your item's limitations on your download page. I have passed up many a pretty object because the creator specified it wasn't animated. I have deleted many more objects with a mismatched footprint. And all the pretty, pretty hair I've killed because of neck gaps...*sob*.

ETA: Floors and walls that are not Mac compatible. (How could I forget this?!?!)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 9:59 PM
when I download something that doesn't work and go's into that thing "Enable or Disable" which screws up my game :mad: I also hate it when the skins get all mesed up when you move your sims to likesit down etc.
#54 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 10:19 PM
This is certainly a popular thread today.

My biggest pet peeves have to be:

- non-binned hair and all the strange colors. I really would like someone to figure out that blonde hair should not look like pee, black hair is not blue, and red hair shouldn't look like my sim had a run in with the ketchup bottle.

- I don't like real people in my sims pictures. I wish we had more options for painting recolors with sims in them.

- Make up with open mouths is so yucky. I don't like lips that aren't "sheer" around the edges, you know the ones where you can only use with 1 skin. That drives me crazy.

- I agree with the clothing in the wrong categories. That just makes me crazy.

- Creators please don't make your recolors in MS Paint! I can't take anymore bad recolors. (coughtatwaattsrcough)

- Weird body meshes. I hate Peggy/Serasims/Simchic meshes (I know a lot of people like that look, it's just not my thing). They are way too skinny and those nasty high heels have got to go! I want my sim women to look like real women, not super models. I get so disappointed when I see a beautiful dress and get down to the shoes and see the mesh is from Peggy/Sera/SimChic. I refuse to have them in game.

- I wish more creators would take advantage of the nice Maxis meshes. Some of the clothing I've seen would be so great, but I just can't keep adding every mesh in the community to my slow computer. There are some things that would work even better on a Maxis mesh. That pencil skirt mesh that everyone uses from I think SimChic. It's horrible with sims legs poking through when they walk. The Tata outfit mesh is the same shape without the weird issues!

- High Heels DO NOT EVER belong on bathingsuits, gym clothes, underwear *except the special HOT Stuff

/rant

LOL I think that's all from me for now.
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 10:31 PM
1. Yellow blond, NO ONE has yellow blond her, never ever (yellow blond = raonsims' blond hair), badly colored hair in general
2. Hair that looks blonde (nice blonde) but is in the brown category badly binned hair in general
3. Skintones with brows and make-up or not age/gender adapted (what kind of toddler has abdominal muscles)
4. when the little icon in the catalog selection of an object is not at the right things (eg: blanc, to zoomed) so that you can't tell what the object is.
5. people who don't change the game description
6. people who don't name their files properly AND people who put their files in folders: I like to do my own folders.
7. people who don't mention the needed ep
8. outfit without fat (at least) and pregnant morph: because it is really really annoying
9. painting recolors showing humans, it is a sims game !!
10. open mouthed lipsticks
11. going through walls items
12. too shiny hair/skintones/lipsticks/anything in game : I don't like shiny and it DOESN'T looks good.
13. tables where the sims goes through or where the plates are hanging in the air because of the shape.
14. clothing in the wrong category

God, I have sooo many! I gess that's about all.
Alchemist
#56 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 11:13 PM
I guess I'll be repeating many already mentioned, but here we go:

1. Beds with invisible sheets. A certain Sims2sister bed comes to mind, it looked so good but when a sim slept in it, the animations were horrible from lack of sheets.

2. Objects that once you place down you either can't pick up anymore nor delete, even with moveobjects on

3. Objects with a ridiculous grid space. For example a clock on the wall that seems reasonably small but in game the "view" animation surrounds the whole room and you can't use any of the objects in it because of one little clock (happened to me)

4. Gappy hair, hair that is less than a year old and still impales sims or has very bad clipping when animated

5. Wine red and pink hair categorized as red, a lack of a real red shade, pee blond and overly shiny or else Maxis strawy textures. Purple as black too, and generally unbinned hair

6. Clothing with seams that don't align - I can deal with very small mistakes but when it's obvious it's just ...ugh

7. Flat textures and bad alphas

8. Meshes with nipples poking through (big peeve) or unnaturally small waists and equally wide hips and big boobs when they aren't a specific bodyshape (at least then I know and I can avoid it)

9.Dresses, suits and generally unsuitable clothes categorized as swimwear, undies etc *coughrosecough*

10. Accessories that don't go on the face without tooltips so I have to guess what they are

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Inventor
#57 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 12:46 AM
Quote:
6. people who don't name their files properly AND people who put their files in folders: I like to do my own folders.

I sort of dissagree with this.. from a creators point. Not with the not naming properly, because that is awful.

But as a creator.. I do put my files in folders before I rar them. Thats not because I want to annoy my downloaders, but it is because I want to make sure for myself that I actually pack everything into the downloadable file that is needed, and because I have it foldered like that when test-playing in game. Since I like some structure in my own download folder and such too.

I do understand people who get my stuff want to do it themselves.. but it's a small trouble to change the way it is set up when you put it in your game.

Unlogical and chaotic foldering is a crime though, and should be punished with whipping.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 4:37 AM
Skintones:
-Skintones that are too shiny (because I stopped playing with my barbie dolls many many years ago)
- Skintones that for some reason makes my male sims look feminine(too creepy looking for my macho sims, if I want a dragqueen in game I can apply the feminine touches myself)

Hair:
-Hair that looks totally unrealistic due to bad meshing/colouring/texturing.
-Hair thats is not binned properly(the only customed binned hair I want are the wacky colours like pink or green)
- Black hair that is charcoal grey(looks like it has been drawn on with a childs black pencil)
- Brown hair that is actually a shade a blond (if you must have a lt brown/dk blond colour at least include a regular brown colour as well to better match the maxis colour.)
- Blonde hair which is too light, bright or yellow( once again if you must make a peroxide blond at least add a natural blond to better match the maxis colour)
-Red hair which is pink, orange, fire-engine red etc, etc (for me these would be considered a 'custom' colour not a natural one)

With colour in general I like it to at least be similar to the maxis version of the colour as it off-putting when you change your sims hair style you have to basically change their hair colour as well.

Clothing:
-Clothing that is not binned properly(who wears a formal gown in a hottub? Although I dont mind some underwear binned as sleepwear if its appropriate)
-Highheels/shoes in general on swimwear/sleepwear/underwear( who wears shoes to bed? Ive had to delete some gorgeous swimsuits etc because of this 'sigh')
- Too skinny waists on some meshes (seriously who wants to look like they had their ribs removed, it doesnt even look attractive)
-Underwear/swimwear with major plumber'scrack (the majority of all the swimwear/underwear I have downloaded has had this problem and I have had to remove them as I cant stand it. I dont mind a little bum cleavage showing but when the pant is halfway down her arse and is showing quite ALOT of crack it pisses me off. Dont creators check their creations a full 360degrees or something? you cant miss it.)
-Clothing that doesnt have a fat-morph (sometimes I dont realise that my sims have gotten fat until for whatever reason I am checking their personal stats)
-Clothing that doesnt have a preg-morph (I play with a silent pregnancy hack and whereas I am more forgivable about this than with the lack of fat-morph it does cause some irritation when for some reason I havent realised my sim was pregnant and she is suddenly giving birth)
-Clothing that is badly colored/meshed/bumpmapped/etc (because it just looks bad)

In between the heel/shoe problem and the plumber'scrack problem it is very hard to find decent swimwear/underwear for my sims and unfortunatly most of the maxis bathing suits/undies are so ugly.

Objects:
-Objects with too big a field (because I'm sick and tired of having to move the object out of the room everytime I want to click on something else near it)
-Objects cloned off smaller objects (I once downloaded a three-seater couch which I discovered was only a two-seater as my sims kept on walking through the third seat like it wasnt there, it's not like the game doesnt already have a three-seater you could have cloned it from)

Basically this is what pisses me off.

About the open-mouthed lipsticks, In America (I'm Australian) I believe it is their 'thang' to smile with all their teeth exposed, I have even heard some of them hold a belief that you cannot trust a person who does not do so. It probably is these people that the lipsticks are catered too. Personly here in Australia the few people i know who do the open lipped thing (in RL) are people with bucked-teeth and it is only because their teeth are poking out their mouths due to that. So whenever I have seen this simulated with the open-mouth lipstick in game, to me it only makes the sim look buck-toothed.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 1:58 PM
- Pay sites
- Too shiny and too realistic skintones
- Clothes that make them look stick thin. This can very often be seen with female clothes. I don't want them all to look like some damn super models. And what's with the high heels? It's almost hard to find decent clothes for women without heels. I do NOT want them all to look super glamorous and super feminine. I want some casual looking girls and tomboys too.
- Clothing that is not binned properly
- Black hair that looks grey. I have seen SO many hairs like these. Come on... black is black, grey is grey
- Too bright blond hair
- Gappy hair. I for example have this one hair which I love but it has a huge gap at the neck which appears whenever they turn their head to some direction
Alchemist
#60 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 7:47 PM
Cars that don't work. I've downloaded a few of them on MTS2 that didn't work and I couldn't delete them. I had to end up using the teh "move objects" cheat to get rid of them
Scholar
#61 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 8:28 PM
-Objects that look like sheet.
-Clothing that looks like sheet.
-Basically anything that doesn't blend into the game and stands out. Sadly even EAxis did the same mistake in some of the TeenStyle Objects.
-Non Middle Eastern CC labeled as just that.
-Insert what everyone said already.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
swimsuits with heels (who goes swimming with heels on?)

The Caliente sisters!!

Here are my pet peeves:

- incorrect color binning (or no color binning...ugh!)
- badly made furniture
- random walls/floors/objects/skins/bedding/etc that you have no idea where it came from
- the skins with self make-up (drives me batty)
- skins with belly button piercings
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 12:34 AM
Red hair that's stop-sign red. Or pink. Or purple.
Lipstick with teeth.
Underwear and swimsuits with heels.
Child clothing meshes with adult boobs.
File names like af8757_dress.
Bad bumpmapping, or too much of it.
High, high heels, bare midriffs, teen-y clothing, unoriginal clothing that has been made by 15 different people.
Neck gaps, poor animation, over-sharpened/blurry textures in hair.
Hoity-toity designer clothing.
#64 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 1:06 AM
-Too many skinny jeans!!!!!!!!!!. i swear everytime i look for guy clothing, they all have skinny jeans.
-nasty skintones that look like sunburn mixed with orange tanning and uneeded makeup
-lipstick that makes it look like the sim is smiling
-clothing that is downloaded into every category
- random wallpapers,floors, and objects that appear when you download a house
- skinny waistlines-- the waistlines are like smaller than their heads
- All the guy clothing is emo!
- When i look for goth stuff, they have more goth clothes for adults but not teenagers-- i never saw a million adults walking around with emo/goth clothes on-- is it that hard to make it for both teens and adults?

MY BIGGEST PET PEEVE:

- houses that look really nice on the outside but when you download it, they have like 300 rooms and a million pieces of furniture. it annoys me because i have to waste my time deleting these rooms and objects
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zzapp16
-Too many skinny jeans!!!!!!!!!!. i swear everytime i look for guy clothing, they all have skinny jeans.
- All the guy clothing is emo!
- houses that look really nice on the outside but when you download it, they have like 300 rooms and a million pieces of furniture. it annoys me because i have to waste my time deleting these rooms and objects

I CANNOT STAND seeing almost every guy clothing for sims made with skinny jeans. Tell me, how many guys have you seen walking down the street with skin-tight, suffocating skinny jeans? Not that many. So why are there so many for sims?! Now, some are really nice for my sims and I truely don't have a problem with them (I would never wear it in real life though!), it's just that most creators are going overboard with skinny jeans and not paying attention to what most guys in real life wear.

Façade houses are beyond ridiculous. What's the point of having a house if it looks amazing on the outside and non-fuctional in the inside? Many houses, especially some of the big names on MTS2, that are for download are like this. With downloaded smaller houses sometimes, it virtually impossible to have an average family living in one.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#66 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 5:49 PM
-Maxis like eyes (yes. Some CC makers make eyes that have exactly the same form and colourization as the maxis eyes)
- items where you require a mesh which is not working (the link.... ah irritating!)
- houses/lots which are totally difficult to play in. Too big or too "far up in the sky".
- necklaces/earrings/accessories which blink all the time (when you come home from work, when you "visit" another sim etc)
- unfurnished houses (unless you just LOVE the architecture)
- overly/ugly furnished houses
- remakes of maxis hair meshes (I hate them most of the time)
- Nearly all female downloadable clothes are made with high heels and skinny pants. They are all overly fashionable, diva like and overly feminine. What about the sims who are more into a practical, simple style??? There are very few female outfits without high heels. I'm not saying that they don't exist.....
#67 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 6:49 PM
1:Most of the aforementioned points, especially the ones about Hair!

2:Anything that over uses Bump mapping, you know, the clothes that have the reflectivity of a new, shiny mirror and look like they were made from clumpy scrunched up tinfoil!

3:Pointy shoes.Shoes are not pointy.Feet are not pointy!

4:ANYTHING that breaks the laws of collision geometry, that is to say, puffy flowing dresses that have parts of them perpetually stuck in the ground, or objects that go through the walls ( except when the object is totally awesome, but those are rare.)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:10 PM
lots that have tons of bushes and flowers that were placed using cheats. my sims cannot get to them for watering and neither can the gardener. they look pretty at first, but not when they are DEAD! i know creators want the landscaping to look nice for advertising the lot, but can't it be done the correct way so all items can be tended to? i spend a lot of time redoing landscaping. ugh...

i'm a hazard to myself
#69 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lwerszva
Red hair that's stop-sign red. Or pink. Or purple.
Child clothing meshes with adult boobs.

I've heard a lot about this, but never seen it. Who is it who makes it?
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:29 PM
I know Peggy is notorious for her god-awful red hairs, along with some other hair creators.

I've never heard of the second one. I've heard of a download on the Exchange about a year ago that was a child with breasts mesh, but it was taken off quickly. That's really disturbing that someone would make that IMO.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#71 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:36 PM
Oops, bad quoting...

I only meant the mesh, I've seen tons of bad red hair.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:38 PM
Huge 5x6 lot houses with only like 2 bedrooms and no garage (I can understand if you don't have NL but most of the people who make these houses, do)

People who put their downloads into a folder without saying anything so that when I extract it to my Downloads subfolder, I now have a subfolder I neither wanted nor asked for.

Poorly-sized footprints/bounding boxes (whatever they're called), either too large or too small. Some cars on MTS2 used to suffer from the problem of their footprint not extending over the entire object (probably because the custom object was much larger than the original they cloned) and so it would take forever and lots of rotating of the camera to find the magic "g-spot" to select the car. Vita Sims early work used to suffer from overly large footprints. I went back and downloaded some of their older stuff and promptly deleted it as the footprints took over the entire room. The television footprint extended out into the hallway, the curtain footprint overlapped the couch so I couldn't even select it. What a mess! That's a huge pet peeve for me.

That roundness of edges and weird shine that objects made with Milkshape have sometimes. I know this shouldn't be a peeve as it's just a result of people are not as talented with Milkshape as others but I hate it!

Pointy shoes.

Taking a very...subjective view to color-binning. Pinks in the red bin, blondes in brown bin, etc.

People who don't take the time to adjust the prices of their objects to a realistic cost (realism as defined in the game, and in common sense). I had to go in and change a bunch of $3000 simoleon toilet paper holders simply because they were cloned from expensive objects.

No one likes crap beds so what's the point of making a great-looking bed with only 2 energy level. I'm not asking for a 9/9 bed that costs only 500 simoleons but don't make it so low that there would be no point in using it.
Scholar
#73 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:59 PM
I know it's already been mentioned but ALL CUSTOM CLOTHING should have a fat and pregnancy morph.. *screams and pulls out hair*

But the number one thing is that i'm currently having an issue where I had an infant clothing override in my game for a very long time and now I wish to change to Bloom's new mesh. Well I found my old mesh in my DL folder but I have one recolor that I cannot find no matter how I search, which means it's one of the many files in my DL folder that are like this: 56987ab9885_9984.package The elusive recolor is sincerely pissing me off because I can't find it to get it out of my game.

Of course it's my fault I didn't organize my DL folder sooner, but that's besides the point (lol).
Site Helper
#74 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 10:13 PM
I agree with abcd1234 filenames being a pet peeve. Especially if you put them into a "what's this" directory and the Clean Pack installer can't figure out what the heck they are either.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#75 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 10:58 PM
well i for one know some of the reasons that clothing file names are like ajflfdljdahojhg.package.

that is because most creaters dont know what they are going to make, or they change their mind, when making clothes they usually just know what meshes to use and go from that. since you first chose the name of the file and then create it. so instead of going back and changing the alkkjffldjlkajdjdf.package name they keep it as is and import it into the game.

for me since i make clothes. i usually change the package name because first of all its easier for my to locate it in my projects folder.

and im a simmer first and then a creater so lkkjaldskffjlkajd.packages are one of my biggest pet peaves. but even i sometimes (rarely now) fall into that category.

My custom content sim site:
Nostalgic Sims
My Flickr

im so confusedddddddd
Page 3 of 12