Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:10 PM
Default What college is the best to play?
I'm about to start my brand spaning new custom neighborhood, and I have my main sim who I'm gong to try anf get to live forever (without hacks). I'm starting him out as a young adult in college - BUT, I have to decide which one to play! Since I haven't played any of the University expansion stuff yet, and want to make this one count... which should I play? I'm gravitating towards Academie Le Tour or Sim State University. I think I'm just sending my sim to college because I want to make him a super-sim when he gets to my neighborhood.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:34 PM
Sim State is pretty good, I think. I don't really play Academie le Tour or La Fiesta Tech, so I wouldn't know, lol.

My cellmate's a killer, they make me do push-ups in drag.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:50 PM
I normally end up playing Academy Le Tour because I attached itto my Old Prosperty Neighbourhood because it reminds me of my old University a lot.

However, I honestly think that I prefer La Fiesta Tech. The characters already in the neighbourhood are more interesting, the scenery change is refreshing (most of my neighbourhoods are 'lush') and the streets are NOT named after pastries!

Sim State is just a little blah for my liking.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 12:59 PM
I like and play them all. They're all attached to my custom Hood. They've been given new names and most of the premade simmies has been deleted.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Site Helper
#5 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 3:18 PM
I like the Secret Society castle that Academie le Tour has better than the others, but La Fiesta Tech will give you a female alien to play with, and she is fun!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#6 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 9:57 PM
I like the acadamie, its a refreshing place to send your sims, full of history and character, the sim state college is average and the storylines of the characters are average. I do like Le Fiesta tech its pretty cool too.
Instructor
#7 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:03 PM
I've only just started playing Uni, so all I've played yet is Sim State.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
#8 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 10:59 PM
Fiesta! Really because it's got a pre-set dorm for 5 people and I can't be bothered befriending a million people so my sim really needs to just befriend 4! *is lazy*
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th May 2007 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claireishness
Fiesta! Really because it's got a pre-set dorm for 5 people and I can't be bothered befriending a million people so my sim really needs to just befriend 4! *is lazy*

A quick way to befriend people: have them play chess. I usually have my students do build their class work within the first day, so I tended to have a lot of free time. So if they play chess for hours at a time at the max speed set, other students play with them and will continue to play until they have to go to class or replenish needs. By the time a semester is over with, my student would have about two new friends.

I found this out by accident because sometimes I would use the maxmotives cheat; they would play all day and by the time they graduate, they would have many friends. Plus, it builds up their logic skill and max their fun motive.

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th May 2007 at 11:43 PM
they're all the same to me, but sim state (i think) doesn't come with frat buildings.
#11 Old 15th May 2007 at 4:52 AM
I like La Fiesta Tech the best. I guess it's because it was made for Strangetown in a way, and Strangetown is my favorite pre-made neighborhood. I don't play pre-made neighborhoods anymore, but I like La Fiesta Tech's buildings, secret society, frat, and the basic desert feel of it. It was the first college I played, and it is by far my favorite.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th May 2007 at 5:16 AM
I like La Fiesta Tech, if only because I like the desert landscape. Sim State is probably my least favorite. It's boring.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th May 2007 at 6:04 PM
I like Fiesta Tech best. However, I just use the Maxis ones with the Maxis hoods. I usually make my own for my own neighborhoods. The Brixham set is useful for making your own college, as well as Wolfsim's community buildings.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th May 2007 at 7:50 PM
I'd say sim state, cause ive only just got this ep and thats the only one ive played :D

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th May 2007 at 12:32 AM
Personally, I like Sim State & Academie Le Tour (SP?). But, that's just my opinion. I don't like La Fiesta Tech that much.
#16 Old 18th May 2007 at 5:40 PM
I voted for Sim State University. I dunno why I like this university, it's just cool! The default young adults and dorms that Maxis created are really cool as well.

Test Subject
#17 Old 31st May 2007 at 3:59 AM
I play Sim State. I haven't played the others. They somehow don't compare to State in my mind.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st May 2007 at 5:33 PM
I play always in Academie Le Tour, because there are very few playable students there, who seldom visit your house, and it's a relief.

I redecorated several community lots, packaged them, and my sims visit only there.

The Secret Society club is very large, so I openned the second floor (deleting the columns), and could put there two bowling alleys, and in the first floor - deleting the middle walls, and adding all kinds of entertaiment objects.
Test Subject
#19 Old 31st May 2007 at 5:51 PM
Since I use Pleasantview as my neighborhood I play Sim State. La Fiesta Tech is made for Strangetown and Academie Le Tour for Veronaville, I think.
I really love the frat and the sorority at Sim State
#20 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:06 PM
I tend to play La Fiesta Tech if I don't create a custom neighbourhood. More because the sand and building style appeals to me more than the other ones.
#21 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 2:22 AM
Sim State University is my favorite.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 2:27 AM
I like LaFiesta Tech... the characters seem the best to me...

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 11:36 AM
Sim State and La Fiesta are really fun to play (especially the latter). Academie is quite boring.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 3:19 PM
I think La Fiesta's pre-made Uni students are just so much more interesting than Sim State's , so it definitely gets my vote. I haven't played Academie yet because I only have one college per neighborhood and I found Veronaville played it for less than three sim-days (then I got Uni and reset my neighborhood and haven't been into Vernoaville since). Maybe I'll use Academie for my Alien Village.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 3:24 PM
I like La Fiesta Tech, probably because it's more unique. Sim State U and Academie Le Tour are boring, though there are some buildings over Academie Le Tour that I do like.
Page 1 of 2