Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 2:35 AM
Kids at College
My girl has Woohoo'd and everything but can they have babies and get married at college? If so, how?

Thanks!!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 2:48 AM
Ordinarily, students in university can't have children or (I think) get married. There's probably a hack for it somewhere, though.
Site Helper
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:21 PM
The Inteenimator will allow that. But it can get kind of weird, especially if you get pregnant as a freshman and the kid becomes a teen while his mom is still in college. (Apparently if you don't immediately move him out he will automatically transition to Young Adult at that point, making it even weirder.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#4 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 12:10 AM
My sim-son and girlfriend got pregnant at college.. I use the InTeenimator, but I'm pretty sure it was the Risky Woohoo hack that did it ><

I've had babies there, and if they couldn't be moved back, I used the Summon feature of the InSiminator and added them to the household manually *Shrug*
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 2:15 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I didn't want to create a new one when there was already one like this. ^^;

So, thanks to risky woohoo, one of my college girls just got pregnant, and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I've heard some people say they've had no problems with kids in college (as far as them moving out with their mother when she graduates) but I've heard others say that the kid won't move out with her. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep her in college, or have her drop out and avoid the potential risk of that.... any suggestions on what I should do? I know I can just spawn - add to household if they don't come with her, but I'd like to try to avoid the situation altogether.
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:03 AM
You could suspend her pregnancy with Insim until she graduates and moves out. That's what I did.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:07 AM
Oh, I hadn't even thought of that! That's a great idea, thank you. ^^
Inventor
#8 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:09 AM
You're welcome! Glad I could help.
#9 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 11:22 AM
I have a similar question...
I have a teen couple with a baby but I'm worried about what'll happen when they go of to college. Can they take the baby with them or can I get a family member or the nanny to take care if him while they're gone? Or will the social worker just come and take him?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 12:09 PM
If you have OFB you could make a Servo.
Otherwise get the sets from Valdea, live in nannies etc... the other name for Valdea is DMA NPC.

You could get a family member to look after the baby.
#11 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 12:58 PM
Alright. Thanks for the help!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 2:24 PM
o_o I got an adult sim to adopt them like this: I made the kids turn into teens, go to the same college, etc, then age them to a toddler and a kid and then the friend of the mom graduated and adopted them. o.o The mom couldn't adopt them because I killed her. >:3
Site Helper
#13 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah

Servos don't work on Uni lots. It's been tried.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 9:17 AM
Can you please.....?
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah
Otherwise get the sets from Valdea, live in nannies etc... the other name for Valdea is DMA NPC.

You could get a family member to look after the baby.

Can you please give me a website for GOOD live-in nannies or tell me STEP-BY-STEP how tomake one!

I'm Desprate!!!!!!!!!
Site Helper
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 1:46 PM
I don't remember offhand where the DMA NPCs are, but if you have InTeen you can invite an adult or elder to move in with you. If you get the baby monitor from MATY and the teleporter shrub from simlogical you can move an elder in (so they never have a class to go to), have them retire from any job they might be in, then use "make me a townie" to make them unplayable again. Then there will always be someone around to tend to a baby. The baby monitor will make sure that someone actually does tend to the baby. (or toddler)

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 1:48 PM
drsoda007 - Please use the Where Can I Find forum for finding custom content. You can do it without any custom content at all though: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...s/Miscellaneous ... read there, under Live-In Servants.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 6:48 AM
Can I just say about Iteen:
If you live in a non dorm or greak house, the teens will not turn into YA immeditely, I have found that when a sim lives in a dorm or Greek house the teens will turn into a YA but if you have the Uni students and the kids living on the normal houses then the teens will age normally.

About Sims and children, the sims children do usually move out with the last parent of that sim to gradute, so I don't know what's up.

With the Nanny thing, I only hire them when all my sims are at final exams, otherwise I make one sim never go to class so he or she can look after the kids (And still get thier grades up)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 9:46 AM
IIRC, they can get married without hacks as YA as long as they are not living in a dorm (or greek house?), but they can't have children. YA can get an adult pregnant tho.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#19 Old 15th May 2008 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Can I just say about Iteen:
If you live in a non dorm or greak house, the teens will not turn into YA immeditely, I have found that when a sim lives in a dorm or Greek house the teens will turn into a YA but if you have the Uni students and the kids living on the normal houses then the teens will age normally.

That's good to know. I have a girl in a Greek house that has a baby and another on the way (Risky WooHoo FTW?), and the baby will probably end up a teen before the girl graduates, so I'll just be sure to move them to a residental lot before he becomes a teen.
#20 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:12 AM
About 5 minutes ago I was playing on a Campus, No they cannot get married, or get pregnant/have a child.
You have to either drop them out of college or wait till your done. =]
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 1:00 PM
My legacy sims went off to college a little while ago, and I decided I wanted to go ahead and get started poping out the heirs, so I used the InSiminator (sp?) to impregnate her. Pregnancy went smoothly and now the baby's an infant. A few wierd things happen, like other dormies will come by and play with them, but other than that, it seems to be working ok.

Nannys will come to Uni lots. I didn't know if they would, and it was a little worrying because my sim couple has about an hour that they're both simotaniously at class.

I tried selecting dormies or the cafeteria worker to help take care of the baby, but they will not. They will only play with and cuddle the baby, not feed, bathe, change, or anything...usefull. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hope that helps someone. :howdy:

Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.
Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Valis
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 1:08 AM
All I did was move my three young adult sims to their own place on campus, then had my male sim get abducted (by use of the boolprop thingy). He returned pregnant, and now we have a baby. Fortunately there's always someone home at all hours of the day, except for exams, of course, so my alien baby's going to be all right (if people don't stop putting her on the floor).

That's the only way I know how to do it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sydlet
All I did was move my three young adult sims to their own place on campus, then had my male sim get abducted (by use of the boolprop thingy). He returned pregnant, and now we have a baby. Fortunately there's always someone home at all hours of the day, except for exams, of course, so my alien baby's going to be all right (if people don't stop putting her on the floor).

That's the only way I know how to do it.

is that with a teen pregnancy hack or no?
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 4:11 AM
Quick Question - the risky Wohoo thing is that in the game or does it come with the Inteen hack? Do I have to have the flavor pack?

I did not know that there was such an option :confused: , I thought they can only get pregnant when you try for a baby? Sorry is a bit Offtopic....
Site Helper
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 7:41 PM
it comes with Inteen or a couple of other hacks

Page 1 of 2