Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:17 AM
Default How do pets die?
Can anybody shed any light on how pets die, what happens etc. I don't really keep up to date too much with the latest ep news, so excuse if there is something really obvious I missed :P
Advertisement
#2 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:37 AM
All I know of so far, is pets die of old age. I don't know how yet, but I assume its just like how a normal Sim dies - with the Grim Reaper etc.
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:49 AM
I'm thinking there will be more deathes added, it'd be pretty stupid to have just old age.

Oh yeah, that guy from the pound will come and get 'em.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:25 PM
Obviously I have no proof of this, but I'd assume they can die from hunger, fire ect. Also, The Sims Resource says that Womrats can die of fright.
Here
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:39 PM
I wonder if the Grim reaper will turn up for our pets when they die, or whether they'll get an animal reaper or something? The Grim Squeaker perhaps? j/k
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:39 PM
I suppose smaller animals like parrots and fish can die, but dogs and cats are old age only. Are Womrats like rats?
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:47 PM
More like guinea pigs, judging from the pictures.
#8 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 2:53 PM
i'm going to guess they'll be like kids. they can die of fire, drowning, etc... but if you try to starve them, the social worker (or animal control...?) arrives and takes them away.
#9 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:10 PM
:twisted:I think its great that they can die at all. Kill pets! Kill pets! Just like our sims. :flamer:
#10 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harumiru
:twisted:I think its great that they can die at all. Kill pets! Kill pets! Just like our sims. :flamer:

:O HOW COULD YOU!?!?!? PETS ARE AMAZING! I think it would be cool if a sim dies and then the pet is passed down the family!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:19 PM
I'm more sad about a pet dying than a sim dying I've killed my sims on purpose I don't think I'd do that to a pet!
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:20 PM
Well you can hire a guy to train your pet and he can cure something but I don't know what may its a cure for a sickness or it could be the cure for a werewolf to turn back to normal
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chaz g
I think it would be cool if a sim dies
Lovely.

What do you mean, like an asset, something in their will?

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunarsea
I wonder if the Grim reaper will turn up for our pets when they die, or whether they'll get an animal reaper or something? The Grim Squeaker perhaps? j/k

I read that there's only going to be the Grim Reaper.No special thing for your pets,but he does show up.
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmebemme189
Well you can hire a guy to train your pet and he can cure something but I don't know what may its a cure for a sickness or it could be the cure for a werewolf to turn back to normal

yeah, the animal trainer cures werewolves.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:04 PM
Hunter(I think) said that there's going to be the same Grim Reaper because he's an equal opportunity Reaper xD silly maxis peoples.

Cheese = Good
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:15 PM
This was taken from the chat transcripts and should answer your question.

Quote:

nikki9dor92 (Jul 27, 2006 3:26:20 PM)
is there a new grim reaper for pets?

MaxisDon (Jul 27, 2006 3:26:20 PM)
No. Grimmie is an equal opportunity reaper.

Quote:

fluffydevil04 (Jul 27, 2006 3:13:41 PM)
Will pets be able to die from anything but old age?

MaxisDon (Jul 27, 2006 3:13:41 PM)
Pets are afforded the same protection as children: if you starve them, they will be taken away by the Animal Control Officer.

Scholar
#18 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:19 PM
What if you have one simmie and they die, and he has a dog??? Hummmmmm....

*computer explodes*

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:22 PM
No, he just gets taken away..
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:31 PM
I believe like babies,toddlers and children was taken by social service when parents die than when their owners die animal control Office will take them
#21 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nckw
I believe like babies,toddlers and children was taken by social service when parents die than when their owners die animal control Office will take them

Toddlers at least don't get taken right away-- I had some stupid nannies almost kill my baby, so I dismissed them and had the mommy try to save him. The instant she dropped dead for sure I saved, exited, and brought back her sister from the university-- she was able to rescue the toddler. So they only get taken when they're neglected long enough due to lack of parent.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 8:15 AM
Old age - I think they answered that in the chat If you don't take care of them, they either run away or get taken away by animal control..so I'm guessing it would be similar to babies/toddlers/children.
#23 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:32 AM
I think its dumb they can only die of old age.
In Unleashed, they could die in fire,and i thought they could starve to death too.
In the official trailer, the guinea pig was there from when the female was a kid, and is STILL there when shes an elder and has grandkids. I think they should only last upto 8sim days, then die!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 10:35 AM
Maybe they bought a new one that looked identical...
It happens!
#25 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:09 AM
Maybe, but it says, something like 'friends for a lifetime'
Page 1 of 2