Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:17 AM
It would suck bigtime if we didnt get a 'PetShop' (bodyshop equivalent) that would mean we couldnt even make our own fur and eye colours easily.

I hope maxis is reading these threads!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
There's also how the game classifies these animals, and if it'll even be possible to make up a "new" species, or if you'll have a dragon that barks like a dog and wags its tail.

But what's wrong with a dragon that acts like a dog? I know I'd like to see that in game! Sure, it's not the same as a dragon that actually behaves like a dragon, but it's better than nothing.

I personally am more worried about whether or not we'll actually get a separate, pet-themed version of bodyshop. Because, from what I've seen in screenshots, there seems to be only one coat-color per breed, which is just unrealistic.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:24 AM
Its still early days though. It did seem that you can could put as many different colours as possible though.

Different breeds I think we can make ourselves for anyone who has the patientce to do in game.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 3:19 PM
The one thing I want once meshing for pets is cracked is a Dark Nation for my Rufus Shinra sim. ^_^ That way it is complete.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trivium
I personally am more worried about whether or not we'll actually get a separate, pet-themed version of bodyshop. Because, from what I've seen in screenshots, there seems to be only one coat-color per breed, which is just unrealistic.

Read this:

Quote:
Rather than just picking a fur, and sticking with that, pets have several layers of fur. There's one base layer which defines the pattern and base colour of your dog or cat, but after that you can add as many layers as you like. Simply add a layer, pick a pattern and a colour, and even set its opacity/transparency level to give your pets stars, spots, stripes or just a coloured paw or head. You can add new layers like that, delete any existing ones (except for the base layer), and reorganise the layers by moving them up or down. In the end you can create a unique looking pet with this system.

I found it at The Sims Zone and I really like that. This means we will be able to create unique pets.
#31 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:25 PM
maybe it will just be like dog bowls and stuff
Inventor
#32 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:34 PM
Hopefully the wonderful modders at MTS2 will figure out a way to mesh new types of dogs/cats so that simmers can still enjoy whatever breeds don't come with the game.
Theorist
#33 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:54 PM
Sorry to rain on the parade, but hopefully I didn't blow up all the floats in the process. Unfortunately there will be no pet body shop. I found this out at SimmingWorld.com's article about Pets. Here's the quote:

"Sadly, however, we were told that there will not be a Body Shop for Pets released with the Expansion, which is going to disappoint a lot of content creators, though it seems Maxis is anticipating the outrage. (...which begs the question...why not just make one to begin with, then? That would have been a big priority in my book.)"

This is terrible! Not only will this be harder for modders, but this also means there's no way to customize pets outside the game. They do say at the official site that pets can be shared through the exchange, so maybe custom breeds will have to be done that way?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#34 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:59 PM
Some articles are saying there will be no pet Body Shop, some articles are saying they were not planning on making it due to lack of resources but that could change, some say there will be one. I would be utterly shocked if there were NO way to even make new fur patterns and such, let alone something that would let us mod new types of pets. I think in light of the conflicting reports, it's a little too early to tell.

However, I would go so far as to say that I'd have a considerably reduced interest in purchasing the expansion if they made it so limited.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#35 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:04 AM
maybe they will release it a bit after the exp is release on their official site? atleast then wed have it

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#36 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 9:49 AM
Me Want A Shar Pei (sp?) You Know The Wrinkley One"
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 9:57 AM
Yeah, they're really cute
#38 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 12:52 PM
Cat breeds will be easy, as the biggest differences tend to be fur colours and patterns, and eye colours.

They've made the basic three body types for shorthair cats already - manx, stocky (Burmese) and lank (Oriental). And we know we can change the faces so we can have british shorthairs, for example. I'm yet to see longhairs, yet, but if they exist we can just apply the longhair body to a british shorthair's face for a persians.

Snowshoes can be made with a standard body shape and fur layers!

I'll be making cat breeds from the get go, so I'll probably set up a request thread somewhere for the lazy people once I've got my hands on the game!

The only cat I'd see as an unlikely venture is munchkins... :eviltongu
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:00 PM
Maybe at this time there is no Pet Body Shop, but they just can't do that to us. [Actually they can & probaly will, but it is a slap in the face to talented creators :x]. Let's just hope that by Oct. they will have created a Pet Body shop. I for one don't see a reason not too. Unless they are just jealous that certain modders and hackers have out maxed them lol
#40 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:17 PM
i bet they would try making new breeds. But like HystericalParoxysm said, we should wait a little (a lot)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 11:03 AM
*Sigh* I hope we do get a Pet Body Shop... than at least before meshers got their heads around meshing we'd still have recolours.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
#42 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 4:32 PM
Oh, dear, I hope we could have custom content. I wanted a Tim Burton cat.
#43 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGameFan
Tutus for your pets, body meshes, fur, acessories, eyes, furniture, food, toys.

Oh, god yes, I want tutus and FAIRY WINGS. That's so something a little girl would do to her dog.

Quote: Originally posted by bambibaby
Maybe at this time there is no Pet Body Shop, but they just can't do that to us. [Actually they can & probaly will, but it is a slap in the face to talented creators :x]. Let's just hope that by Oct. they will have created a Pet Body shop. I for one don't see a reason not too. Unless they are just jealous that certain modders and hackers have out maxed them lol

They said that it has to do with a lack of resources at Maxis.
Scholar
#44 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eden
The only cat I'd see as an unlikely venture is munchkins... :eviltongu

well i dunno i was reading from one of the articles and it said that you could change the legs length alot so since munchkins have no set standars (which i think would be why they would actually include them) they will be easy to make you self...any breed and just shorten the legs bingo you have a munchkin (which i want to go along with my daschund!!)
#45 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 9:08 AM
So long as I can make an actual black cat and not just a grayish purple one then all is great, as for custom content, it sucks about the lack of a Pet Bodyshop, I was kind of hoping that modders would be able to make skins for wee little lions tigers and meshes for a mane for wee little lions, but no dice.
#46 Old 12th Aug 2006 at 10:01 AM
A lack of resources at Maxis? Maxis must be one of the biggest money making game companys out there!
They KNOW that if they dont include a PetShop, that will put off a load of people getting it.Its not put me off, no way!But i STILL WANT IT!
#47 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
well i dunno i was reading from one of the articles and it said that you could change the legs length alot so since munchkins have no set standars (which i think would be why they would actually include them) they will be easy to make you self...any breed and just shorten the legs bingo you have a munchkin (which i want to go along with my daschund!!)

I'm just hoping that's a feature available for both cats and dogs... I saw screencaps of them shortening a dog's hind legs in particular, so I'm still curious to see if it will be possible.
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Aug 2006 at 10:17 PM
I hope when they mean there will be no pet body shop, they mean that Sim and pet custom content will both can be created via Sim bodyshop, which kinda makes sense when you think about it.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 8:39 PM
I really like the idea of doing the base coat/as many spots or stripes as you want.. I'm still kinda disappointed at the lack of pet bodyshop, it WAS one of the things I was sorta counting on... I'm kinda wondering, though, how would making skins for the pets even work... if they're layered like they are? I guess, maybe, that you would just make a base skin. Or something. I mean, I can see how it would be a bit to work out, but I don't see how they don't have enough "resources" because EA is BIG. *shrug* Maybe they'll see all the fuss and griping, and make one, but I'd rather it be a later release/download or whatever than them just throwing something together and it just NOT WORKING.

(Oh, and I really really hope that there is a possibility for tiny adult cats, because one of my cats, which I *WILL* recreate in game, is very tiny for an adult cat, not just legs, but overall size wise.)
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 9:22 PM
I want them to make a pet bodyshop too! So we can make more eye colours for pets! Unless we got eye colours for sims and they also worked for pets. =P
Page 2 of 3