Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 8:21 AM
Got pets? me too! so what do you think about it..
hi all,

i got pets yesterday, and i am really glad i got it already. it is a great game.

All the pets look really great, and are sooooo cute I also love the new build option. they included the diagonal roof ( which however doesnt really connect well with the original ones) you now also have the option to make a room with diagonal walls, and a room with 8 walls ( sorta round i guess ) just like you had the options to create a straight room before, instead of a single wall. its really cool. The space theme included looks cool as well, and so are the other products.

Things i dont really like is the fact that the dog/cat houses are so big. In the sims 1 a dog house was one tile, now it is 4. it looks a bit to big, but then again, you need to be able to put 2 dogs in to make puppies lol.

I also found a bug ( i think ) if you build on a residential lot, and choose collections, there is one with all the pets stuff. A white counter can be clicked for information but cannot be placed. It does however work on a community lot.

The game in general adds a lot of fun, the create a pet thing is really easy and so much fun to mess around with the interactions are great, and i really think that allthough some dogs ( and cats as well ) are a bit odd, like a chihuaha (sp?) being as big as a french bulldog, its okay, because they are all too cute to notice anything wrong.

Well thats my first impression of the game, what do you think about it. I was overexited, and for a good reason, its alot of fun.

ps.
**rumour starting here**
sims 2 seasons expansion will come probably next year. there is a little paper inside the box with the four seasons presented on it.
**roumour ends here**
Advertisement
#2 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:50 AM
mp.thank you ^-^ im really excited for this game! downloading at 6am thursday NZ time! its ....*scream* cool !
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mpfromnl1986
ps.
**rumour starting here**
sims 2 seasons expansion will come probably next year. there is a little paper inside the box with the four seasons presented on it.
**roumour ends here**

They are finally going to activate the weather feature that was promised in the original game? :o

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#4 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 11:10 AM
So far I have nothing to say besides that I'm very very VERY happy with it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mpfromnl1986
**rumour starting here**
**roumour ends here**

Sims 2 Seasons will ship next spring and will include all the content that they decided not to put into pets. Remember, they originally stated that this expansion pack would not just be about pets. Now we know what happened to the non-pet related content.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:44 PM
STOP TAUNTING MEEE!!! Eight days. I can do that. *breathe in* *breathe out*

I'm calm.

Thanks for your summary, Mp! The doghouse does seem a bit oversized, but what you going to do? I'm sure modders can fiddle around with it in the coming months.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Alchemist
#7 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimWardrobe
Sims 2 Seasons will ship next spring and will include all the content that they decided not to put into pets. Remember, they originally stated that this expansion pack would not just be about pets. Now we know what happened to the non-pet related content.

Double the money! Oh, Maxis...

I'm having lots of fun with my pets at the moment however I'm waiting to see how I'll still feel about it in a month or so from now...when the new EP excitement has diminished. But they're cute, lovable, and there are lots of things I haven't tried yet so I expect to remain interested for a while at least (longer than OFB for sure)

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak

I'm calm.

Thanks for your summary, Mp! The doghouse does seem a bit oversized, but what you going to do? I'm sure modders can fiddle around with it in the coming months.

Glad that you remember to breath ... XD
Btw, it does not hurt to look up those codes that Delphy cracked ...

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Alchemist
#9 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:24 PM
Default Well Worth The Money
My new black Lab rocks
#10 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak

I'm calm.

I personally like the big doghouses, they're cuter . And more detailed. I guess a smaller doghouse would be nice though, just for some variety.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 8:58 PM
I love the game especially when my two cats Sunny and Nicky mated. They had two kitties Manny and Candy. They are so cute. Going back to play now.
#12 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:02 PM
9 more hours until I can play...

... I'm already coming up with excuses for cutting class tonight...
#13 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:37 PM
I'm opening the box to install it now!

WOOOHOOOOO!
#14 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:39 PM
LUCKY!

bUT YEAy...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 11:22 PM
The doghouses are more like dog mansions, lol, but I still like them. I am very happy with the game. My self-sim has a beagle, and since I have no pets in real life, I am living vicariously through her.
#16 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:28 AM
Gettting ready to install It's like Christmas morning or something lol
#17 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:51 AM
ive been waiting months for this game... and now that i got it, im like... ehhh... i think i expected too much out of it.

now that i have it, i remember what a nusience all the pets were in the sims unleashed, although there are so many interactions you can do, its still, pretty much, the same thing... they pee on the floor, bark, chase the mailman, etc...
maybe i dont like it as much b/c i havent really played it much yet. i only played it for about an hour, and i kinda got bored... really fast. :weep: idk... maybe itll get better tomorrow, when i actually sit down and play it for awhile. :hmm:

does anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:19 AM
i like it it is better than unleashed and the pets are more casual instead of needing constant attention it really makes teh gaming experiance seem complete the sims origianlly felt like an unfinished game now it feels finished. anything after this point is bonus and they can take as much tie realeasing it as they want
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:52 AM
I agree. The only problem i'm having in my family is paying attention to the toddler and infant. The seem to be a little neglected now that there are two dogs in the house.
#20 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:31 AM
I love it. My next dog is getting named 'Woofum', so it'll be called by name. I've befriended the leader of the pack (Fred), a white wolf named Baxter, and adopted a grey wolf named Alabama. I stuck my first poor girl with three pets to begin with, so she's really busy. I just really love the pets, pretty much from when the first dog I made barked.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:37 AM
So ... you didn't have any problems with installing the game? I've been lurking around the BBS over on the main site, and a few people say they're having this problem where they get to like 64%-68% ... it hangs, gives them an error message whereby they can either RETRY or CANCEL ... those who cancel find that Pets has installed, but OFB has been UNINSTALLED! This worries me.
#22 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anjelstar76
So ... you didn't have any problems with installing the game? I've been lurking around the BBS over on the main site, and a few people say they're having this problem where they get to like 64%-68% ... it hangs, gives them an error message whereby they can either RETRY or CANCEL ... those who cancel find that Pets has installed, but OFB has been UNINSTALLED! This worries me.

I didnt get an error message, but ofb got uninstalled
this is all getting really frustrating =(
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 4:00 AM
i had that problem. It stalled at 64% I kept trying and the third time was the charm

and i have all expansions
#24 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinnamin316
i had that problem. It stalled at 64% I kept trying and the third time was the charm

Did you get the ofb not being there message?
Maybe if I reinstall it...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 4:39 AM
I just installed mine and opened up Pleasantview. The first thing I did was look at the new lots (they are marked with a little "pets" icon like the clothes in other packs), then the families in the bin, then I looked at the new neighborhood decoration items. I placed a couple of the new things down. Then while I was reading the tips in the new encyclopedia thing in gameplay options, a UFO came flying down and zoomed around the New Stonehenge decoration! It startled me! I haven't really gotten to the gameplay yet, though. That's where I'm headed to now... to play the "crazy cat lady" lot. (no, that's not what her name really is)
Page 1 of 4