Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM
Default has anyone in australia got it yet?
"Read title for question"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:02 AM
no they told me its out on the 36th why so long grrrr
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:24 AM
It's the 26th, Sissybreezerboy. I think you pressed 3 instead of 2.

Next Thursday... only 5 days of waiting left.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:26 AM
oh yeh woops i meant 26th thanks next week.....5 days wow i have not been counting sims2 pets here i come
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:32 AM
Haha, I have a countdown in my sig. :D

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:42 AM
I wonder why Australia gets it so late? It doesn't really bother me too much because I'll be getting it for christmas but you know....

These are the days it never rains, but it pours - Under Pressure by Queen

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:46 AM
I know, I came home from school on the 18th and I was like "Can we go see if Pets is out?!" and my Mum told me that it wasn't out til the 26th. How sad. But she put a $10 deposit down, so I'll definitely be getting it.

28/11/07
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 2:38 AM
I was told the 26th too. Only 5 days to go. Went into EB again yesterday to see if they changed to release date, but unfortunately no luck. I hope it comes out a day or 2 earlier so I can get some more game time though because I have to take my son for an appointment on the Thurday morning, then again on the Thursday night & we wont be back until late Friday. :smash:
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:04 AM
Five more days, just five more days. I can't wait for it to come out. I've been planning what I'm going to do when I get my game.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:26 AM
i pre ordered mine today at EB and deposit of 10 dollars il get it on friday yay!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:48 AM
You all are lucky! Amazon.com still hasn't received my money order yet ,and I sent it on the 13th! Plus, I got free shipping to, so I bet I won't be getting it until next week. Seems like i'm going to be murdered even more for ever additional second I have to add to my torture.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 4:10 AM
EB games at Indooroopilly (Brisbane) had one of those nights where the guys from EA were there and showing off Pets. I missed it but the guy at the store said it was so cool.

You lock the door and throw away the key, there's someone in my head but it's not me - Brain Damage by Pink Floyd
Forum Resident
#13 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxxy_moron
EB games at Indooroopilly (Brisbane) had one of those nights where the guys from EA were there and showing off Pets. I missed it but the guy at the store said it was so cool.

yeah iam frm launceston and our EB store went to that brisbane thing theywas telling me about it this morning how they got a sneak play of it
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 5:44 AM
According to my EB Games they pushed the date back a week. Why? He did tell me to come in on Monday and he'd 'accidently' sell it early.

I'm DL it now. Not sure if it will let me install, but I'll let you know.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 7:36 AM
Ugh I tried to DL it, but my internet connection keeps dodging out so I still have to wait until the 26th, and I already paid for the DL on credit card, argh! On the bright side, I have a $10 deposit on a copy at Gamesmen in Penrith, and the guy said the shipment might be early .... I smell a lot of bribery about to occur ...

Worst thing is was that every other Exp Pack the EB Games in Penrith has been available for purchase on the american release date, so when i went in there this time and it wasn't there i was livid .
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:19 AM
Yeah not sure why this one is different.

Keep trying with the DL. Mine's about 50%, but that's with the computer being down (NEVER go Unwired. They are CRAP)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:33 AM
Ugh I used to have unwired, it was awful! I'm on Wireless Broadband now, but of course we had to move house a week ago to the one place on the planet with a consistently Low/Nil signal .... You've inspired me though and I'm trying .... even though it says it'll take 12 hours .... let us know how your download goes ....
#18 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:42 AM
when i saw the news slide on the first page of thesims2.ea.com i nearly cried! I think it was seriously cruel to put up a pets exchange when some areas in the world haven't even got it on the mainland (I.E. Australia!) I have it pre-ordered at EB, so I'm hoping they might just give it to me early :P
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:42 AM
Update : Now says it'll take ...... da da da dum ..... 21 HOURS!

Danm Wireless Broadband!!!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StaceyV10389
Update : Now says it'll take ...... da da da dum ..... 21 HOURS!

Danm Wireless Broadband!!!

:O :O
That's just crazy!! I haven't been paying attention to the date since about wednesday, and I saw it on my computer this morning. It's going so quickly! With any luck, time will continue to go this fast til Thursday.
Five more days!

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:41 AM
I know its absolutely ridiculous! I cancelled the download .... I just cannot sit at my computer for 21 hours to ensure the internet connection doesn't get lost ugh! I hadn't been paying attention until the 17th and now I'm like a crazy person ..... I'm just going to wait patiently now until next week .... hopefully I'm trying to download the game manual though and hopefully that will work *fingers crossed* so I can flick through that and finish up my story before I get and install Pets ....

I don't have much patience though ....
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxxy moron
Cool. I wish I lived near there. It would've been fun. (Queensland, right?)

And the guy where I pre-ordered said I might come earlier, too.

28/11/07
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 10:24 AM
Im in Victoria, Australia
And i think we have 4 or 5 days left till pets is out, im kind of glad.
Because this way ill know what to do with the custom content and the game.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 10:31 AM
I'm still deciding about my CC. I think I'll take out my DL folder when I install, and start a whole new neighbourhood from the beginning.

28/11/07
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFreak
Cool. I wish I lived near there. It would've been fun. (Queensland, right?)

And the guy where I pre-ordered said I might come earlier, too.

Yeah Queensland. I haven't bothered to pre order. I've only just bought the Nightlife EP three weeks ago so I'm satisfied with that for a while, i still haven't got myself a vampire yet :P

Page 1 of 3