Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 3:42 AM
Default Can you adopt a skunk?
Silly, I know, but is it possible to build a relationship with and adopt a skunk? I've yet to have a skunked Sim or Pet. They only seem to appear when my Sims are at work/school. Perhaps I should be grateful. :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 3:53 AM
Im not sure if you can, but I know that if you select a skunk with the move objects cheat on its classified as a cat, so its possible

#3 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 5:20 AM
I want to adopt a skunk too! I downloaded this item that allows you to control NPC pets like the skunk, and it works to a point. After a while, the skunk just leaves, and there's nothing else you can do to stop it, even with pets control and action cancels on. Anyone think they could maybe find a hack to stop that?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 1:00 AM
Just wondered......Why would you want to adopt the skunk?

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yagami-Sama

Because they're kinda cute Yeah, I want to adopt one too, I don't know if it's possible, though, I've just seen one and I loved it. Maybe a hack?
Site Helper
#6 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:11 PM
In the Sims 1 someone made a skunk skin which went with a cat, so you could buy a pet skunk or a pet raccoon. I'm sure something like that will eventually turn up for the Sims2.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 4:55 PM
i think ive already seen both a cat skunk and a racoon on mts2

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#8 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
i think ive already seen both a cat skunk and a racoon on mts2

There's a skunk but it's a dog:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198085
And the racoon is a dog too:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198089
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 3:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Because they're kinda cute

That's pretty much it. Plus, I'd like it if my forest-dwelling sims in my medieval neighbourhood had woodland animals as pets instead of domestic dogs and cats.
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 4:04 PM
I believe the skunk is one of those "special" NPCs which you cannot move in/allow to die, like Mrs Crumplebottom, the Therapist etc. The lack of interractions/relationship with it points in that direction.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketchy
That's pretty much it. Plus, I'd like it if my forest-dwelling sims in my medieval neighbourhood had woodland animals as pets instead of domestic dogs and cats.

oh then i pet youd like the new fawn (dog) on mts2 so cure

all i need now is a bunny didnt the developers say you coul dmake a bunny cat? i havent seen one yet have you guys?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 11:52 PM
me neither! i just went on sims2.com a minute ago and i typed in rabbit/bunny in the search thing and these ugly animals came up (no offense). they we're naming the cats "cabbits" because they we're suppose to be rabbits. ew!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 3:30 AM
Well, you coudl use use the insim, add family tree and pretends it a pet. I think I think it with Mrs.C once, but she got annoying so yeah...
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:30 PM
Since the Skunk is really a cat, why not make a cat look like a Skunk?? It would be easy to make!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Well, you coudl use use the insim, add family tree and pretends it a pet. I think I think it with Mrs.C once, but she got annoying so yeah...

Yeah, that's an idea, if you want to reinstall your game today.

Seriously, if you can't do it without cheating, it's probably not a good idea to try and force it. Some NPC's are not meant to be played with.

ETA: Wow, holy necromancy, Batman! Didn't realise how old this was!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's correct. If you try to move the skunk into your family, you will not only corrupt your entire neighborhood, you will corrupt your installation files. That means that the only way to fix the problem is to uninstall everything and then reinstall everything. It's not worth it!

I'm pretty sure that I've seen skunk cats available for download. A much better option.

What about just imprisoning the skunk?
Site Helper
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:45 PM
As sushigal007 pointed out, this is a very old thread. It makes a lot more sense to post questions in the appropriate thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=349317
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
As sushigal007 pointed out, this is a very old thread. It makes a lot more sense to post questions in the appropriate thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=349317

Oh! Totally forgot about that thread, thanks for the refresh!
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
What about just imprisoning the skunk?

Right now i have a stunk prisoned in O'mackey's little farm thingy. It gets annoying though since i can't do much to it.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:57 PM
If someone manged to ad interactions to the skunk, they can use the "feed treat" animation onto the skunk, that way you can feed it, also, they could also use the "eating from food-bowl" animation too. Some ideas.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:59 PM
Just remember that the Skunk is one of the "universal" NPCs that if corrupted will have you looking at reinstallation. Better to leave it alone aside from the allowed Pet interaction, if you're keen on seeing a sim get sprayed.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Just remember that the Skunk is one of the "universal" NPCs that if corrupted will have you looking at reinstallation. Better to leave it alone aside from the allowed Pet interaction, if you're keen on seeing a sim get sprayed.

If it was a universal NPC, then there might be a way to have one for each neighborhood.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:20 PM
Im sure there would be something in sim P.E, maybe like a token, like the i am dead token, but limits ur interations with it?
Site Helper
#24 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
If it was a universal NPC, then there might be a way to have one for each neighborhood.
"Universal" NPCs have their user data in the installation files. That means one for all of your neighborhoods, past, present and future.

Which is why you need to uninstall and reinstall if you muck it up.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:05 PM
YEEEEES!!!!!! I JUST Foun d what that STINKY skunk looks like under all that fancy dress design! Tiffany's toddeler son just had saw the skunk, a while later he was taught to talk, so i looked in his memories and it said he saw a new animal today. I looked at it and it said ''Met Stinky'' and i thought, ''Wait, when did this happen??????'' i looked under and it said ( Stinky Skunk ) and had a picture of a black, normal cat. Finaly, i know what it is!! Anyone want me to put a pic up to show u??
Page 1 of 2