Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 7:08 AM
Default Where do dogs go to fill their Bladder meter?
The Blue toilet thingy(Minds gone blank) In the pet items Catalogue says its for kittens,My dogs just keep going on the floor >_<,Is there a item that makes them go urine in them?Or do they always urine on the floor.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:15 AM
There isn't, but if you scold them when they go on the floor, then they will automatically learn to go outside instead..

Feel free to call me Squash

#3 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:22 AM
Dogs don't tend to use littertrays :p.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 4:06 PM
If you have flowers in your garden, they will sometimes use those, so you don't have to water them.

"Sanity is not statistical"
George Orwell, 1984
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:42 PM
That's why I prefer cats... I train them to go in the toilet. Nothing to clean up yay!

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
Inventor
#6 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:48 PM
Is there anyway to train dogs to go in the grass instead of the sidewalk? I have three dogs in my sim family that are potty trained and they always pee on the sidewalk so the poor sims have to mop it up!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 10:01 PM
The pets seem to find a location they like to pee and then stick to it... there must be an emitter or token or something, so that they 'remember' this location. I found a good solution though- use Yedda's floor drain. Works well also with Nervous Subject (or other messy sims) when they shower.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=210454
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Is there anyway to train dogs to go in the grass instead of the sidewalk? I have three dogs in my sim family that are potty trained and they always pee on the sidewalk so the poor sims have to mop it up!

I'm not totally positive on this but I had a dog once who went on the sidewalk and one day I made the front door locked for pets to keep him inside and he was forced to go to the backyard to pee, I mean to remember he kept going to the backyard afterwards even after the front door was unlocked again.

He went right under a tree too, I thought it was cute. Too bad the puddles make weeds grow, kind of unrealistic since my real dogs pee likes to kill my grass rather than make things grow.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 7:54 PM
there is a hack to make it so when your dog goes to the bathroom, it won't leave a puddle.

here is the hack: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198695
#10 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 3:37 AM
My dogs all find a tree they particularly like, but then, I always have lots of trees.
#11 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 7:58 AM
If they are house trained, they look for a tree or shrub or the mailbox I believe. That's why its best to make a backyard area that is fenced off and lock your pet from being able to go in and out of the front door. If it has a job, you can put a gate on the fence away from the closest tree to the backyard door. I could be wrong though, this is just how it appears to me from countless hours of breeding.
#12 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 8:15 PM
Can you not train a puppy to go outside, do you have to wait till they grow into a dog? I can't ever catch mine going on the floor but I find the puddles and then I try to take him outside when his bladder is almost empty and well he won't go out there neither.
Scholar
#13 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 5:28 AM
yes you can train them as puppies just liek the adults

also i find mine even with no training at all seem to gravitate to flower beds so ill usually try to ass a couple out front , also if i know they well have to go soon ill play fetch with them out side and then lock the door so pets cant come in forcing them to pee out side even if they decided they like my woodfloors better then try to praise them this way i dont have to spend money on fencing but my poor sims can still have a dog and no indoor accidents

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:48 AM
Well you can take them on a walk, they will relieve themselves without leaving you any puddles.
#15 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:31 PM
I have trouble with my dogs no peeing, then they would sink into the ground and stay there no matter what dog i purchase....can anyone help?
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th May 2013 at 1:57 PM
I've noticed that when my dog starts to really have to go, that's when the "pee here" option is available after clicking on the grass. So I just wait for that usually.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 24th May 2013 at 2:40 PM
Congratulations on raising a 6 year old thread. Next time check and see how old it is. But welcome to the site!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#18 Old 24th May 2013 at 3:01 PM
bahahaha it took me a minute to realize the necromancy that had taken place, I was going to comment on the dead link posted about the mod to make pee puddles non-existent
Theorist
#19 Old 24th May 2013 at 6:02 PM
Now all we have to do is wait for Matt to come up with a creepy picture of forgotten rituals of resurrecting these ancient threads...
Instructor
#20 Old 24th May 2013 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Now all we have to do is wait for Matt to come up with a creepy picture of forgotten rituals of resurrecting these ancient threads...

Since Matt's been banned, have a creepy thread necromancy picture.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 24th May 2013 at 10:07 PM
I had no idea Matt had been banned, guess I am safe from grotesque mental pictures!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th May 2013 at 10:09 PM
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#23 Old 24th May 2013 at 10:24 PM
It was going to be temporary, until he posted goatse all over the site news threads.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:52 AM
That's too bad. I kinda like Matt, despite his profane and generally disturbing tendencies, but goatse? Ugh. No. That's just not cool. I accidentally saw that horror once, and talk about needing brain bleach! *shudder*
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 25th May 2013 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
That's too bad. I kinda like Matt, despite his profane and generally disturbing tendencies, but goatse? Ugh. No. That's just not cool. I accidentally saw that horror once, and talk about needing brain bleach! *shudder*

Ehhh. I've seen worse.

He was quite immature for his age. Never took responsibility, and always complained about everything. He was also a big hypocrite.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Page 1 of 3