Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th May 2013 at 2:32 AM
I know there's worse, and I've seen plenty of things that were equally or more disturbing in different ways. I don't even want to imagine what I've been spared.

Disappointed that Matt would do such a thing, though I don't know why it surprises me. I remember one time he described himself as "nice" and seemed serious about it. I lol'd.

Oh well. C'est la vie.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 25th May 2013 at 4:53 AM
I'd have kicked him off my board ages ago-and enjoyed it.
I got really tired of reading about how toddlers and such were = to rats guts and so forth.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#28 Old 25th May 2013 at 5:11 AM
That's extremely awkward that an old post about Pets was commented on and you all talked about it and then I commented on an old thread just now about pets... I always thought it was better to comment on old things rather than make new ones. o.o
and I was there watching as he was last here, and it was the first time meeting him.

ETA: JK I was just googling fixes for my pets, I actually commented on something different. Whoops.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 25th May 2013 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I know there's worse, and I've seen plenty of things that were equally or more disturbing in different ways. I don't even want to imagine what I've been spared.

Disappointed that Matt would do such a thing, though I don't know why it surprises me. I remember one time he described himself as "nice" and seemed serious about it. I lol'd.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

Grawp at Wikipedia, with his annoying "HAGGGGGER!!!" crap and constant inserting of random links to shock sites, that was worse.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 27th May 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'd have kicked him off my board ages ago-and enjoyed it.
I got really tired of reading about how toddlers and such were = to rats guts and so forth.

Apparently he didn't just do it here, either. He has an encyclopedia dramatica page about him.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th May 2013 at 8:13 PM
Lol! That's so funny. I like how this thread went from being a question about where dogs go to fill their bladder meter, to being necro-ed, to talking about the behavior of Matt and how he got banned.

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th May 2013 at 8:25 PM
I'm not sure what would be most depressing. Writing it yourself about you, or someone else taking time to write it. Why does a page like that even exist? Please excuse me why I go facepalm a few hundred times.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 27th May 2013 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I'm not sure what would be most depressing. Writing it yourself about you, or someone else taking time to write it. Why does a page like that even exist? Please excuse me why I go facepalm a few hundred times.

Because someone has to catalog the universe's morons, and it's much easier to do on the internet. Plus, it's encyclopedia dramatica.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th May 2013 at 9:30 PM
Silly me. Here I went around thinking it was more useful to catalog things that actually contributed to the world and that did something good. Clearly I got it mixed up.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 27th May 2013 at 10:47 PM
Silly me. Here I went around thinking it was more useful to catalog things that actually contributed to the world and that did something good. Clearly I got it mixed up.

Eventually you run out of important things to catalog.

Simblr.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 28th May 2013 at 12:30 AM
I'm equally amused/entertained and horrified that a site such as Encyclopedia Dramatica exists. Wow.

Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
Grawp at Wikipedia, with his annoying "HAGGGGGER!!!" crap and constant inserting of random links to shock sites, that was worse.

Never ran across that one, thankfully.
Instructor
#37 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Because someone has to catalog the universe's morons, and it's much easier to do on the internet. Plus, it's encyclopedia dramatica.

And someone has to write up incredibly nasty things about someone they have a grudge against on the internet.

Having an ED page just means some jackass on the internet got pissed off at you. Sometimes it's deserved. Sometimes it's not. It's always gross.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Fivey : 28th May 2013 at 6:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
And someone has to write up incredibly nasty things about someone they have a grudge against on the internet.

Having an ED page just means some jackass on the internet got pissed off at you. Sometimes it's deserved. Sometimes it's not. It's always gross.

It's the nature of the internet. A man-made universe providing secure anonymity will always result in jackassery. Though, Matt himself confirmed most of the content on that article. Of course, he did it in a much nicer, "please sympathize me while I insult you all" manner.

Though I can't particularly sympathize with a guy who hisses at others for not using 'STRICT LOGIC AND SCIENTIFIC REASONING' for making decisions, then states his hatred of MtF transgenders, because he's afraid they might try to trick him into sex. Or goes around treating women as objects with squeezy parts, then attempt to pull the 'women are mean and superficial because they won't accept me for who I am' bullshit.

Simblr.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 28th May 2013 at 5:44 AM
Do goatse need bush to pee on like puppy dog do? Is goatse puppy dog do? If face of Matt person looking like rock, bush, or puppy dog? This site is so intellectualiallity.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#40 Old 28th May 2013 at 7:02 PM
Though I can't particularly sympathize with a guy who hisses at others for not using 'STRICT LOGIC AND SCIENTIFIC REASONING' for making decisions, then states his hatred of MtF transgenders, because he's afraid they might try to trick him into sex. Or goes around treating women as objects with squeezy parts, then attempt to pull the 'women are mean and superficial because they won't accept me for who I am' bullshit.

Oh, I wasn't saying I sympathized with Matt. Just remarking on the nature of ED. I don't actually know anything about Matt except that he seems to like trying to shock people. He sounds like a total creep, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 28th May 2013 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neriana
Oh, I wasn't saying I sympathized with Matt. Just remarking on the nature of ED. I don't actually know anything about Matt except that he seems to like trying to shock people. He sounds like a total creep, though.

He called me a cutie, once. Then he proceeded to promote eugenics based on intelligence.

So yes, creep would be a right word.

Simblr.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:34 AM
I've seen dogs use political signs to fill their bladder meter IRL.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:44 AM
He called me a cutie, once. Then he proceeded to promote eugenics based on intelligence.

So yes, creep would be a right word.

Troll would be the word; people like him get their jollies over watching people's reaction to their bulls**t. Much like bullies in school, except fortunately it's much harder for them to get physically violent (towards their internet victims anyway; God only knows what they do IRL). The best thing you can do about a troll is deny recognition; if there's no reaction to their nonsense, then it's not fun for them.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:10 AM
I don't think Matt was a troll. If what he said about himself is right, then I would place him in the "I'm disabled and it's everyones fault. I hate you all for making me this way". So... cynical, bitter and childish. Actually, he reminded me quite a bit of a (ex) friend of mine. When I read he claims to be disabled the pieces fell into place and I could see the connection, because that friend was also disabled and really bitter about it.

And just to be clear, I am not saying all disabled people are that way. I'm disabled myself, but I'm old enough to deal with it the mature way and not blame all my problems on everyone else in the world.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:16 AM
Troll would be the word; people like him get their jollies over watching people's reaction to their bulls**t. Much like bullies in school, except fortunately it's much harder for them to get physically violent (towards their internet victims anyway; God only knows what they do IRL). The best thing you can do about a troll is deny recognition; if there's no reaction to their nonsense, then it's not fun for them.

But trolls have this flair to them. This style that can either be subtle or blatant, but it's still there. If a troll works correctly, you can actually appreciate their existence. Matt had no flair. He was just a complete idiot, who blames everyone but himself for his problems.

Simblr.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:18 AM
I don't think Matt was a troll. If what he said about himself is right, then I would place him in the "I'm disabled and it's everyones fault. I hate you all for making me this way". So... cynical, bitter and childish. Actually, he reminded me quite a bit of a (ex) friend of mine. When I read he claims to be disabled the pieces fell into place and I could see the connection, because that friend was also disabled and really bitter about it.

And just to be clear, I am not saying all disabled people are that way. I'm disabled myself, but I'm old enough to deal with it the mature way and not blame all my problems on everyone else in the world.

Well, I'm not really all too familiar with Matt. I kind of glanced over the ED article, but I tend to take everything they say there with a grain of salt. From the looks of it, Matt seems like a Rat-Wikian trying to push his views on everybody else. Once again though, I'm not all too familiar with Matt.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:22 AM
Well, I'm not really all too familiar with Matt. I kind of glanced over the ED article, but I tend to take everything they say there with a grain of salt. From the looks of it, Matt seems like a Rat-Wikian trying to push his views on everybody else. Once again though, I'm not all too familiar with Matt.

Have fun.

Simblr.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:24 AM
Have fun.

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Such a fun message. LOL
Forum Resident
#49 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:47 AM
But trolls have this flair to them. This style that can either be subtle or blatant, but it's still there. If a troll works correctly, you can actually appreciate their existence. Matt had no flair. He was just a complete idiot, who blames everyone but himself for his problems.

I have to agree that some trolls can be kind of interesting to watch (some more than others), and they usually have some sort of style to them. Like the Phone Losers of America with their "Cactus?" theme. But then there's other's that are just completely boring.
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 29th May 2013 at 1:54 AM
"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Such a fun message. LOL

Then click "look at posts"?

Simblr.
Page 2 of 3