Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
You mean their definitions, Simsgirl?? Look them up on Google Images.

Thanks Coltraz I looked at google images, I want them... I want everything..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
I'm not getting it...How pointless.

Have it for a few months of Sims 2 play before I throw away the entire series for TS3? Lol, nooos.

That's my dilemma Faith. On the one hand it sounds like an interesting addition to the game. On the other hand 6 months after it's released I won't be playing it any more. Grrrrrr

Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
I agree. It's going to be hard for me to put my sims2 stuff away. I love the whole idea of the sims 3, but i love all my downloads and ep's and sp's and my little simmies. It will be hard for me to give that all up to play a base game of the sims 3.

Not me. When TS2 came out , I dropped TS1 like a bad habit lol
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 2:45 PM
Penned miniature dogs - okay I googled the term and I think it means small dogs in a cage or basket. Is that true?? It better not be another hamstercage
Site Helper
#54 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:05 PM
Isn't it interesting that a lot of the things they are considering including are already available from other modders?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#55 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Isn't it interesting that a lot of the things they are considering including are already available from other modders?

That's kind of par for the course. Which is why I don't waste money on stuff packs
#56 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:34 PM
Oh my god I am sooooo getting this!!!
Then I'll make my simself eat all of my roomates food and chuck her fairly expensive and hard to make stuff out the window and see how SHE likes it!
*collapses on floor in fit of evil giggles*

Seriously though I love that our simmies can have apartments, I've always wanted to know what would happen if I could torch a simmy apartment building!
*evil giggles resume*
Field Researcher
#57 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:34 PM
Quote:
Learn a new life skill: anger management

That made me laugh. XD Some of my Sims need that.

Quote:
Meeting people of different social groups – bohemians, jocks, gearheads, techies, socialites

Wait, so they'd actually be able to recognize different groups of people? They wouldn't just be dressed differently?

All of the items sound neat. The vending machine in particular appeals to me.
#58 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:58 PM
Maybe the anger management will help with the furious state they get with other sims lol
Theorist
#59 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 5:43 PM
FOR ME! MADE - for - me!!

On one condition though, Its all gotta be New.
I don't like how the've sometimes *re-used* an outfit, or its mesh, As its the last, Make it *NEW*? Not Old!

Love the idea of it, I'm soooo pre-ordering, (Off MTS2's amamazon site)
Scholar
#60 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 7:12 PM
Squeee! I actually cannot wait for this EP! Who care is its only 6 months until TS3 comes out? Thats 6 months of furious Apartment Life gaming
Theorist
#61 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:26 PM
Wow, it would be so cool if ownable helicopters were included in this EP! They probably wouldn't be much different from cars besides them taking up more space but I would still like it. Butlers and the ability to visit your apartment neighbors would be great too. Not to mention how awesome it would be to have breakdancing sims. Looks like this EP actually has a lot of potential! :D
Alchemist
#62 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:28 PM
Mehheh I've always wanted a proper urban setting for my game, the whole suburbian thing really isn't my thing but the game is so obviously made for it. I forsee most of my sims living in grungy little apartments

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:35 PM
Cool! It's kinda hard to make a realistic "New York" without apartments, and now I'll be able too. They put some effort into FT,so I hope Apartment Life will be just as good. I'm totally getting, since I've already decided I DONT want TS3.
Scholar
#64 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:36 PM
i havent even gotten ft yet with my gaming computer broke....so im not sure if i ready for yet another ep but there still time i also think the objects might be the best part based on what ive heard so far i never really wanted apartments but if i get it ill try it i hope its better than the dorm set up, i also wonder (could have been mentioned i only skimmed) if more than 1 family can becontrolled per apartment building like if there is a switch to so and so family button? since i assume they will fade out any apartments not under you rfamilies control to keep it from being so slow..i kinda hope so i d like the idea of having in several families that i can hope around to with out having to load up a new lot

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Scholar
#65 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 2:48 AM
They shoulda just included this in the sims 3 base. Most of the things listed are already in sims 2! neighbors, roommates, "adventure, fun, and drama", coffeeshops, visiting, etc. Ill probably need more info and pics to inspire me to buy it
Mad Poster
#66 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:39 AM
Wow, even better than I imagined! Just from the tiny info we got is definitely enough to make me believe this will indeed be the best EP yet! I just bet it will be! Hurry up, fall 2008!
Mad Poster
#67 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
i havent even gotten ft yet with my gaming computer broke....so im not sure if i ready for yet another ep but there still time i also think the objects might be the best part based on what ive heard so far i never really wanted apartments but if i get it ill try it i hope its better than the dorm set up, i also wonder (could have been mentioned i only skimmed) if more than 1 family can becontrolled per apartment building like if there is a switch to so and so family button? since i assume they will fade out any apartments not under you rfamilies control to keep it from being so slow..i kinda hope so i d like the idea of having in several families that i can hope around to with out having to load up a new lot

From the list Snooty Sims posted it appears that we'll be able to move about 4 families into an apartment building and that your family will be able to visit the neighbours. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to control any family and switch between them, otherwise I don't see the point in moving people into buildings only not to be able to control them.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 8:38 AM
I would assume that for computer performance purposes you wouldn't be able to see the other apartments when not playing (like in collage or hotels), only when you go for a visit (if that's (and hopefully it is) in the game). I would also asume that when you click on the house - you would be able to select which household from the building you would play with, and/or you could switch to another apartment but then the household you left would become offlimits.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 8:40 AM
That sound gorgeous! I've always wanted a bit more urban living, too. I won't buy it, anyway :D
Alchemist
#70 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 5:58 PM
I wonder if that means your apartments can only house 4 Sims, and that's IT, or if you could have a tall building with four families plus townies or invisibles on other levels? :\ Seems kind of lackluster to only include four measly levels in every apartment...
#71 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsgirl2
I want all of them in the game. But I don't understand what these are; :confused:

Merry Go Round
Graffiti
Overhead cabinets
Hopscotch
Monkey Bars
Baby Bouncy Chair

Besides I was so right about getting a childrens' garden which I was trying to say playground but couldn't remember it. :D

Merry Go Round is a thing where you sit on things like wooden horses or other animals and it goes around in a circle. Hopscotch is a game, it probably would be placed on the ground like the old Sims 1 basketball court. Moneybars is something found on playgrounds. Baby bouncy chair is something you can sit a baby in and the baby can "bounce".

Overhead cabinets is probably like wall cabinets, perhaps for the kitchen?

Does that help?

I'm fairly excited about this expansion. I hope we get bunk beds. Murphy bed sounds good, especially for smaller apartments.

I also hope they consider banking options.

And I like the idea of asking a neighbor to babysit.

I hope the neighbor would be better than the insane nanny who cooks instead of playing with the children.
Alchemist
#72 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:56 PM
A banking aspect of the game would be great.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 12:04 AM
EEE! Yes! Apartments! Apartments! *hops around the room* Squeediddlies! Thank you snooty, and SimsGirl for posting the info!

Fall 2008 is around the time of my B-day, so I'm happy.

Gonna go lie down now with my headache though.

Mad Poster
#74 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM
I, too, want bunk beds for more convenience so that siblings can share a room.
#75 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 6:04 PM
I havent been excited about an sims2 expansion pack in a while, this one sounds good
Page 3 of 12