Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
#51 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:13 AM
Second Chat Transcript
http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_08_07_08-2.php

onmymind04 (Aug 7, 2008 6:08:16 PM)
Is this the last expansion pack for the Sims 2?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 6:08:16 PM)
Currently, there are no plans for any future Expansion Packs. We will be adding content once a month to The Sims 2 Store.

SHE DIDN'T ANSWER "YES" !

------------------------------------------------------------

honeypooh112 (Aug 7, 2008 6:22:32 PM)
are there witches duels?

MaxoidLakshmi (Aug 7, 2008 6:22:32 PM)
Good witches and Evil witches do have a rivalry. Evil witches like to summon Spectral Assistants to do their dirty work.

Spectral Assistants ??? Controllable ghosts ???
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:48 AM
I don't like how all witches can go to the secret lot independent to their alignment... But I love that sims can brush their teeth :D

Juju, sorry to rain on your parade but I think it'll be the last EP for TS2, unless TS3 flops...
Field Researcher
#53 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
I don't like how all witches can go to the secret lot independent to their alignment... But I love that sims can brush their teeth :D

Juju, sorry to rain on your parade but I think it'll be the last EP for TS2, unless TS3 flops...

I'd be fine if this was the last EP, I just don't see how they could be willing to go 7+ months without making as much money as an EP brings in. Sure they are adding stuff to the online store, but I don't really think that would make up for what they'd lose in another EP. Maybe they are willing to not be greedy though, LOL. Like I said, I don't care if this is the last EP my computer probably couldn't handle another one and I'm trying to hold out on upgrading it until TS3 comes out.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
joelmole100 (Aug 7, 2008 6:12:56 PM)
Will old buildings still function without ceilings or will they have to be updated?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 6:12:56 PM)
A default ceiling will be automatically "installed" in your previously built lots. You may have to turn them on through the UI. You can always change them.

Hurray! This is something I was hoping for since the prospect of having to go in an manually add ceilings to every building didn't seem very appealing... Yay!
Instructor
#55 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 3:17 AM
Quote:
MaxoidBim (Aug 7, 2008 12:14:26 PM)
In AL you'll see new social groups that tend to be found in certain areas. Gearheads and Bohemians are more prevalent in low rent districts while Socialites and Techies are in high rent districts.

and

Quote:
MaxoidJerome (Aug 7, 2008 6:36:17 PM)
Yes, you can make apartment buildings with more than 4 apartment suites. Any apartment suite that does not hold a playable family will eventually be moved into by an NPC neighbor from one of the social groups

I could be wrong, but from these answers it sounds like the different social groups will show up only if there are apartments in a neighborhood. Kinda like the NPCs that only live in certain areas (such as grand vampires in Downtown neighborhoods). I'm kinda disappointed because (and I may be in a minority here ) I actually like the idea of little cliquey sims running around my neighborhood. I know the solution is to put apartments in my neighborhood, but not every 'hood lends itself to apartment buildings (such as country 'hoods).

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
They won't answer about the infant stuff... I have a bad feeling about it

Lol. Maybe they'll put it up for sale in the Sims2Store thingie.

*bangs head against keyboard*

Dream
Field Researcher
#56 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
and

I could be wrong, but from these answers it sounds like the different social groups will show up only if there are apartments in a neighborhood.

*bangs head against keyboard*

Dream

You could always build trailer parks, or duplexes.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Hmm, I am glad teens can be witches too... Although I am a bit disppointed about the hildren, thee are child witches in my story as well (Obivously if there parents and silbings are witches with powers), infact maxis seems to not let Children have any kind of that fun, they can be vampires too and werewolves, I guess they never watched Supernatural shows?

Anway, I am still gonna love the EP, won't attend the chat thought, I can see it on my own when it comes out.

I think it will be possible to pass down witchcraft as a trait. In the first chat I believe, they were talking about Witches having babies. I think that once the children of a witch become a teen, they could become one? :einstein

Theorist
#58 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 4:34 AM
I think they meant witches can have babies, just like vampires, plantsims, etc can have babies. But I don't think the ability is hereditary...
Mad Poster
#59 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
That's because MaxoidBim is truly useless.

I hate when she constantly acts like the new neighbourhood, which myself and a lot of people don't even want, is one of, if not the best, feature. She's so repetitive and acts like no one will notice she's got no clue as long as she just keeps saying the same crap over and over, and is always pushing the fact that she and the other maxoids love the Sims community just sooooo much.

I hate how she beats around the bush when she needs to relay disappointing answers to questions.

I just, really don't like her. Maybe I'm maxoidbimaphobic. :O

Ugh, I know! She is officially now my least favorite Maxoid. Maybe the main reason for me disliking her is because of all the Maxoid videos we have seen, she has been the worst of them all. She stutters way too much and acts like she has A.D.D.

I think they meant witches can have babies, just like vampires, plantsims, etc can have babies. But I don't think the ability is hereditary...

Yeah, I think it'll be like normal Sims having babies. Just that once their children become teens, they don't have to go to a community lot and look for a witch to become one. They live with one already or at least know one so it will be more instant with them. Having babies from a witch will still mean their babies are normal Sims until they become teens and choose to become witches. Yeah, I know, it would be nice if babies to children could become witches, even if it is only if their parents were witches, I'd still rather have that than nothing. Would be cute if toddlers accidentally cast spells, still not knowing what the hell is going on.

And yep! Just like I had predicted on post #7! I just knew that the chat was going to be filled with idiots. Now with Sims 3 since it's going to be a new separate game, they should start fresh and start making the future chats anti-idiotic. As a stupid or repetitive question without taking the time to look it up, you get banned from the site.
Theorist
#60 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 5:53 AM
I was in the second chat, just wanted to know what the fuss is all about. And from what I see, there's no way I can tell which questions had been answered before I joined so I just kept throwing out questions after questions, mostly about the infant stuff, and of course none of my questions made it to the maxoids

Turns out I did ask some questions that had been answered before *oops* :P. The one about bunk beds, IIRC. I had no idea it's been asked and answered before because I wasn't there from the beginning, and there's no way to see the previous questions and answers .

So. My conclusions are:
1. The repetitive questions is not entirely participant's fault. :einstein
2. It's the maxoids themselves that choose to answer the stupid questions because I threw a lot of reasonable questions that hasn't been reviewed by the fansites, and none of them make the cut
Mad Poster
#61 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 5:55 AM
Okay, my turn to ask a stupid question, though it doesn't seem that stupid to be honest, so I was half joking.

Quote:
Stefan1331 (Aug 7, 2008 6:19:00 PM)
Will the 2000 wall segments limit still be in the game?

MaxoidJerome (Aug 7, 2008 6:19:00 PM)
Yes, that limit has not been changed.

What does this mean? I have never heard of this before. Can anyone care to explain?
Theorist
#62 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 6:11 AM
There's a wall limit in the game. You can have up to 2000 wall segments in a lot, no more
Field Researcher
#63 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 7:12 AM
I've never heard of a wall limit either! That's a new one on me lol. I can't say that i'm upset about this being the last ep. It seems they squeezed all the stuff the game has been missing in it. Witches,spiral staircases,apartments, etc... I think this is going to be one of the best expansions they have made. I can't wait. I'm so EXCITED!
Theorist
#64 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 7:41 AM
Yeah, I can't wait for the pack either. But I still want some bunkbeds and clothes for infants . But these stuff are pretty awesome already.
Scholar
#65 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 7:49 AM
Quote:
Tartufica (Aug 7, 2008 6:19:38 PM)
CAN WE SEDUCE AN EVIL WITCH?

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:19:38 PM)
OMG YES.

I LAUGHED *SO HARD* AT THAT POINT YOU HAVE NO IDEA O_O
i love how teens can walk to school if they miss the bus...that is long over due
and more than 1 sim can use spiral stairs! a god-send i say! :D
i wonder what woohoo in a helicoptor will look like...maybe the rotors will go and it'll lift off for a quick bit XD
this looks like a nice game...i might take those trailers in pleasantview where bandi droke lived...take them out and put trailer parks there... and do the same for those palm tree lots near bye! so many new possibilitys! :o
also...can sims brush teeth? Teeag said so but i didnt read it (of course i did skip around a bit)
Field Researcher
#66 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 7:56 AM
Yep they can brush their teeth.
Sockpuppet
#67 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
...can sims brush teeth? Teeag said so but i didnt read it (of course i did skip around a bit)

It's in the first chat transcript !

Sergavon (Aug 7, 2008 12:18:53 PM)
Can you brush your teeth in AL?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 12:18:53 PM)
Yes. We have added a couple of Medicine Cabinets that your Sims will be able to grab a toothbrush from and brush their teeth.

Tasha (Aug 7, 2008 12:23:53 PM)
Will brushing their teeth bring up their hygiene like washing their hands?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 12:23:53 PM)
Yes
Theorist
#68 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:41 AM
I just had a peep at the 2nd chat, and found this :-

Quote:
Nile (Aug 7, 2008 6:57:20 PM)
Can we burn witches?

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:57:21 PM)
No, no, no! Witches are Sims too!

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:57:34 PM)
Well, I mean, they can set themselves on fire.

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:57:36 PM)
Cooking.

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:57:38 PM)
You know.

LOL XD

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Sockpuppet
#69 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:55 AM
[ Second Chat Transcript ]

Guest (Aug 7, 2008 6:22:05 PM)
will witches have any special pet?

MaxoidBim (Aug 7, 2008 6:22:05 PM)
If you also own Pets, in Apartment Life witches can summon a spectral cat.

Twoyys4me (Aug 7, 2008 6:26:11 PM)
Do Witches have a lucky black cat?

MaxoidBim (Aug 7, 2008 6:26:11 PM)
Witches have spectral cats that come in a variety of colors.

WLSEStudio (Aug 7, 2008 6:30:43 PM)
What does the Spectral cat actually do?

MaxoidJerome (Aug 7, 2008 6:30:44 PM)
What do cats do? They love sleeping and eating and sometimes they have to use the littler box... sounds like a pretty good life to me!

umikagami (Aug 7, 2008 6:32:49 PM)
What is the difference between a regular cat and a spectral cat?

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:32:49 PM)
Spectral cats come from the spectral plane, and so do not require some of the care and attention that regular old cats would need. They also look different. You know, more spectral.
Theorist
#70 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 11:58 AM
Quote:
You know,...more spectral.

Oh that was a big funny for me too! I imagine they have a little witch hat on them, Or something, or maybe glow. Oh well, I don't have pets so it won't bother me..

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
#71 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 12:26 PM
Quote:
crystal (Aug 7, 2008 6:30:14 PM)
Tell MaxoidSam and MaxoidHunter we miss them

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:30:36 PM)
I miss them too.

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:30:42 PM)
*sob*

Definitely. I'd rather have them than this Bim nonsense
Forum Resident
#72 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:14 PM
PopeBarley (Aug 7, 2008 6:10:32 PM)
Will our buildings HAVE to have ceilings?

MaxoidScott (Aug 7, 2008 6:10:32 PM)
The ceilings were always there! But you'll have the option of seeing them or not.

Were always there?? So they just could never be assed to make it a feature? Or did he mean they "are" always there? Oh meh, don't care, we're getting them and that's good enough for me

ETA: Here's one thing I don't understand. Why do Eaxis make it that we need to enter a cheat code to build apartments, hotels and the like. They create the game, couldn't they just make it an option when placing a lot? I really don't see why that'd be too much to ask. Not that entering a cheat is hard, just don't understand why they can't just make it an option, alongside residential and community lot in the selection box when you place a lot down.
Theorist
#73 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:32 PM
I think he meant "are" Or maybe for him it's "were" because he had been playing AL for too long :P.
Alchemist
#74 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:13 PM

They stated in the chat there would be no more EPs

onmymind04 (Aug 7, 2008 6:08:16 PM)
Is this the last expansion pack for the Sims 2?

MaxoidShannon (Aug 7, 2008 6:08:16 PM)
Currently, there are no plans for any future Expansion Packs. We will be adding content once a month to The Sims 2 Store.
Sockpuppet
#75 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 2:21 PM
Already said at the top of this page !

But "Currently, there are no plans for any future Expansion Packs." doesn't mean "NEVER" !

Maybe it depends on The Sims 3 success ?
Page 3 of 4