Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DollyL
Butler, private helicopter, apartment, magic.. wow, I'm so excited!

Have the Butler & Private helicopter confirmed? I know they were poll questions... . I dont care about the helicopter but I loved the butler in superstar :D.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 11:44 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you EAxis! I've been hoping for witches since the beginning.
Instructor
#28 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 12:01 AM
A lot is probably left out, but they did seem to cover a ton, plus some different options. I like that they have the magic lots hidden too so that the neighborhood still looks normal. That means I might actually turn a sim into a witch. It always bothered me since I'm not one for themed neighborhoods, so the witch thing never meshed too well in the Sims 1. The ghost cat seems really funny too. I'm getting kind of bummed now that The sims 3 is coming out. I hate that they do that when the previous game finally gets really fun.

I'm excited about the street performers (the mime and breakdancer) too! They're always in any big, populated city.

And there's actually objects to interact with the babies!

New Kid Objects
Forum Resident
#29 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 12:41 AM
I have this NH based on my story which has witches in it, that would be an excellent addition next to Vampires (And any Werewolves characters I may make, Aliens aren't in it much, Plant people don't exist). Plus Zombies too.

But I hope a skin change for thier skin comes out, NONE of my witches are green or have warts and I plan to keep it that way. Although they actually have powers not spells it still good. (Sure there won't be Telekinisis or the will to control Earth. Fire, Lightening, Ice or Water, or Goddess based powers or become ininsvile in shadows or turn into hot black leather chicks).

Although one of the characters Annabelle Young would be a great one for it considering she's more of a prankster in her old days (Not anymore but that can be arranged)

Edit: just looked at the video for kids, Wow, actual things babies can do instead of lying around all day, plus new animation and voice.
#30 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 1:21 AM
Ok WOW!, since the Sims 2 started Ive been DYING for apartments AND magic, now I get them both in one!!! :D

But,man!, those crazy BBS-ers are gonna be very unhappy.I remember back when I was on the BBS, there were arguments over magic that spanned nearly 4-5 pages, and we all know thats a whole lot in BBS terms.I think I'll go over and see if there are any funny, ranting forum-feuds going on
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 1:25 AM
Heh, when I saw the thread title I thought of a housemate....

But I'm psyched for supernatural, because the potion making looks much simpler than in TS1, and I have OFB, so I can just see "Johnson Family Magic Depot." 'Twould be amusing.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 4:53 AM
EA really likes making green creatures. The aliens are green, the plant people, and now the witches. I think it's amusing.
I love the fact that in the Sims we have the choice of using the creatures or not. I mean, they are awesome, and I use them, but if I didn't want them, then they wouldn't affect my hood or game.
And I like witches. I'll make at least one super evil. I wonder if I could make an evil evil witch who cares about his/her family and and super good witch who is a homewrecker.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 6:10 AM
Can. Not. Wait.

Funny, though... it's due on the same day as my baby, so I wonder if I will actually get to play it before Christmas!?!? lol.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 6:12 AM
Ohhh I know exactly which sim of mine will become an evil warlock when this comes out and someone makes replacements for the green skin. XD He'll love it.

I'm pretty excited about this now. I'm glad we're once again getting an actual creature to become, the past couple of expansions were a little disappointing in that area.
#35 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 7:30 AM
I'm one of the people who wants game to stay real. But even I like the witches and casting spells. I'm thinking to create one witch family that witchcraft will pass through the generations, through women of the family actually.

Playground for children especially that hobby horse for toddlers is adorable.
And Apartments and Butler.. We were waiting for them so long.

I'm a little bit sad though that our sims wıll not be owners of apartments.
But we cannot have everything.

As a summary I want this EP and looking forward to it.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 8:16 AM
Wow, witches/wizards! This is just spectacular! These are indeed now the best and most useful creatures ever! And this EP... wow... I am amazed! This is now going to be the best EP yet!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 2:19 PM
alien-zombie-vampire-werewolf-plant-witch, here i come
Forum Resident
#38 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:02 PM
I too, have never actually properly played with supernatural creatures. I play realistic. Vampires and such didnt really do it for me. But the witches thing interests me...i think i will like this.

Check out my Sims for Download Here :)
Take a Look at my Re-Model's of Houses! Here
Even the best fall down sometimes...
Even the stars refuse to shine...
I somehow find, You and I..Collide...
Instructor
#39 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 5:06 PM
All I can so is I hope that the wicthes are like the other creatures and I can totally avoid using them if I want.. >.>
#40 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 9:14 PM
You should be able to, in order to become a witch you have to meet one on a community lot so there's probably an NPC just avoid them and you won't have to worry
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 9:52 PM
I haven't got any EPs yet, but by the looks of it I'm gonna have to get this one.
#42 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MARCINEKOK
Have the Butler & Private helicopter confirmed? I know they were poll questions... . I dont care about the helicopter but I loved the butler in superstar :D.

Yes, haven't you seen screenshots at thesimsresource.com? There's a pic of a buyable helicopter.

Bulter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2#Expansion_packs
Alchemist
#43 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiderchi
All I can so is I hope that the wicthes are like the other creatures and I can totally avoid using them if I want.. >.>

Seems that way, because it looks like the only way you can become a witch is to meet one somewhere and befriend him/her. Just like vamps and werewolves.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 11:36 PM
As far as the whole witches/magic aspect of the game, I can take it or leave it. I don't use any supernatural type stuff in my game, doesn't really appeal to me. But the actual apartment stuff I'm so excited for!! Can't wait!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 4:06 AM
Yes, but the thing about witches (aside from the flying broomstick) they are the closest to realistic of all the creatures. Witches can exist per se, just not as the typical types we know of. And I am one who never plays with creatures (have tried them once, though) but witches just seem to be more fun. And the guys that are witches in this EP are called wizards. It said so in one of the fan events in the text of the game.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:58 AM
it seems like this new EP is getting us ready for TS3 in a big way. This Ep will allow us to be more involved with the whole neighborhood or "apartments" since you can knock on your neighbors door and ask them to babysit, and how friendship levels can change when youre not playing that family. i love it!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 8:57 AM
Did anyone notice at the bottom of this page on the link it mentions a Sim movie???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2#Expansion_packs
Mad Poster
#48 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
... And the guys that are witches in this EP are called wizards. It said so in one of the fan events in the text of the game.

I'd argue with this point because I read a fan event that said there were no wizards, only male witches. I guess we'll have to wait for more info or until the game comes out to know 100%.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#49 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:47 PM
What I want to know is what the connection between magic and apartments is?

The Sims2=Ghosts and Aliens (they're a given)
Nightlife=Vamps (creatures of the night)
Open for Buz=Robots
Pets=Werewolves
Seasons=Plante Sims
Bon Vo=Big Foot

But how on earth can you connect Uni with Zombies and Apartments with witches?
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 12:58 PM
Black_Barook, whats it matter!? We -get- them thats all that matters!!! Do you have a better creature suggestion for University and Apartments?

Anyways this expansion was a no-go for me... apartments? I mean wow thats all you're going to put into one tiny expansion? It's going to be a letdown like the small pets expansion!. NOT!

Theres's so many cool things, and I remember being probably 12 or 13 playing Making Magic' some years ago, it was my FAVOURITE. I'm really excited in it coming back. It's really weird cause I've always been the one to not go for realism after TS1 (actually my sim just got pregnant with my -first- ever alien since release) but this is the most exciting thing ever. And for the people who complain, WITCHES are no different then your aliens, zombies, etc. If you don't want them to bother you they wont :D.

Anyways nuff ranting, its clear from spiral staircases, CEILINGS, baby items, Witches, and -insert insane amount of interesting objects- that this -might- be the best EP yet.
Page 2 of 9