Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:10 AM
Default New Apartment Life Trailer
I apologize if someone has already or is already making a thread for this but EA/Maxis just released the official trailer for Apartment Life.

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep8_videos.php

It looks really awesome, plus I love the turning bookcase and adore the children dancing together near the end! ^0^
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:29 AM
Thanks for the link. The game looks exciting. This might make it feel like we're in a whole new game. Also, I think it looks a lot like Sims 3 with controlling multiple households. Does anyone know the system specs on this EP?
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:39 AM
I didn't know they can hit their nose while kissing, or is it new?

I definitely love the hidden room behind the book case :D
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:55 AM
HeeHee! Cute trailer! XD I wonder if that hitting noses thing has to do with reputation? Anyway it is new, sims couldn't do that before. XD
#5 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:12 AM
My eyes. Almost exploded. When I saw the revolving bookcase.

Can anyone say Scooby Doo?

I'm so looking forward to this expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:18 AM
Did you see the kid jumping rope in the beginning? It also looks like there are some kids riding those bouncing animals that are in parks.There's an adult jumping rope too, now that I rewatch. I would love some new interactions for children.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squid
My eyes. Almost exploded. When I saw the revolving bookcase.

mine would have if i hadn't read this first. :P

and the nose-bumping thing is adorable! i can't wait to get AL.

Instructor
#8 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:26 AM
That's so crazy, the other day I was just wondering how hard it would be to make a revolving bookcase Anyway, I'm really exciting for AL, and this trailer just made it worse

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:34 AM
yea i loved this video and im really looking forward to this EP's release..i agree that nose bump is really cute and from what ive read so far i can wait for all the new kids interactions and playgrounds!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:04 AM
Non-controllable roommates, reputation, magic, and now secret doors. This expansion is looking to have every little thing I've wanted.

Who'd have thought an expansion with such a drab name like "Apartment Life" would be so robust?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:09 AM
What I'm really looking forward to are all of the new interactions. They have certainly been a long time coming.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#12 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:31 AM
Eee!! SUPER SEKRIT DOORS!!
#13 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:13 AM
I was like "WHATTTT!?!" when I saw the revolving bookcase. Also I loved the interaction with the guy swinging the child round.
*SQUEE*
Can't wait for this Pack
#14 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:33 AM
wow children can now dance together. thats awesome
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omgitsashley
wow children can now dance together. thats awesome

Yeah, I noticed that too! It would be sooo cute if kids could have crushes on each other now and grow up childhood sweethearts!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 12:05 PM
Revolving bookcase! Perfect for my hidden basement for the Goth to hide Alex and Beau's lovechild in while Alex is at University! :D

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:39 PM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the sim swinging the child had a low relationship score with them and "accidentally" let them go flying ? Kind of like the leap into arms hug when the receiver fails to catch the sim jumping.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the sim swinging the child had a low relationship score with them and "accidentally" let them go flying ? Kind of like the leap into arms hug when the receiver fails to catch the sim jumping.

Lol, that would be sorta funny. Well, that advert looks pretty good. but EA always dress it up a little
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 4:10 PM
Love the new interactions...about time! And the eye rolling...lol...suprised no-one mentioned that.
Story idea's are coming strong...
Theorist
#20 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 4:18 PM
starwyn, I was wondering how they made him rolling his eyes So I guess it's new?
Alchemist
#21 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:42 PM
Ohhh that looks so cool! I actually want it now... I hope my computer will run it. I bet it won't.
#22 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:54 PM
I'm so excited for Apartment life! I've tried so many times to make a "fake" apartment and a condo for my elders to move into, but it never works out I can't wait for this!
#23 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:10 PM
the heart bed is back!!
bahaha
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:06 PM
I want! I want! It looks like a great EP.
#25 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid

LMAO! That was my very first thought upon seeing that interaction for the first time!
Page 1 of 3