Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:01 PM
Do you want another EP after Apartment Life ? (Please Vote)
Do you want another EP after Apartment Life ?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:25 PM
Sure, why not? There were 10 ep slots built into Sims2, so why not use them all? I think Sims3 is going to be very different game play than Sims2, and I will want to continue playing Sims2 even after Sims3 comes out.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:27 PM
I am not sure what else can really be added, but if they make it, I will buy it :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:29 PM
I think it would be interesting if they made another on after apartment life. I don't know what they would make though b/c this up and coming one is going to tie a lot of things up(spiral stairs,apartments,magic) I guess we'll see.
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:29 PM
Nope. I'll be ready and perfectly happy to move on to Sims 3 after Apartments.
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:31 PM
I wouldn't mind another expansion pack or two after AL. And to be honest, for all those who don't want anymore, don't buy 'em :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:42 PM
For me, my game pretty much almost runs on custom content; the more EPs I have, the more CC my game will be compatible with, and I don't want to be unable to have something for my game and not be able to use it because I don't have the means whereby. Personally, I would rather pay a little more for an EP and get more stuff in there than keep shelling out for "stuff packs."
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:45 PM
I'd quite like to see an expansion pack that involves theme parks with customisable rollercoasters and the like. I enjoyed the theme park items from Makin' Magic and the side show stalls from Vacation.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:47 PM
Any expansion packs they make, I will almost always buy. Yeah, I'm waiting for Sims 3 but I'll still play Sims 2. Bring more EP's on!
Alchemist
#10 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 9:00 PM
Definatley want them cos im probably not gonna buy TS3 But knowing me i will end up buying it
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 9:39 PM
I think 8 is enough for me. I wouldn't want to ruin a good thing with too much of it.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Theorist
#12 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 9:58 PM
happycowlover : Too true

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
#13 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 10:05 PM
I would feel really bad spending $30 on another EP and then switching over to The Sims 3 a month or so later and never using it again...but, I know if they do come out with another EP, I would buy it...so I'm just hoping they don't. Plus, it kind of sounds like they're trying to pacify the people who were waiting for a Makin' Magic or Superstar remake (myself included) by adding witches and the stand up microphone to Apartment Life.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 10:17 PM
Well I'm with divine; CC makes my game, not more bland EA stuff. I don't want another EP - just Sims 3 please. And EA knows it would be financially unwise to release a new EP just before the grand release of Sims 3, which everyone will be getting.
#15 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 10:24 PM
My pc can't handle any more eps >.> I'm gonna see if I can squeeze the Ikea Stuff, Happy Holiday Stuff, and Apartment Life on it...and hope it doesn't explode because I'm too poor to afford a new pc/upgrade plus I don't want the dreaded Vista T.T Worse comes to worse I'll ditch HHS, but I hope my pc can handle 2 more packs...there's no way in hell I'm getting TS3 until I have a new desktop...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 10:39 PM
I want another EP. I love the sims 2, and it has kept me fascinated since I got it c.2005. The sims 3 will probably not be able to run on my computer, and even so I don't care how great the difference is, the sims 2 is still an endlessly complex endlessly reusable and endlessly fascinating game, since I have all 7 EPs, and the sims 3 won't be so great as to eclipse ts2 as ts2 did ts1. So keep 'em coming, and I may get ts3, but ill still play ts2 anyway and buy the EPs.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 10:47 PM
Yes, one or two.

I just have a feeling that Sims 3 won't be all it's cracked up to be -- the Sims 1, at least, had really outdated graphics and a lack of fun options (and, iirc, was beginning to become incompatible with newer computers?) when TS2 was released but that's not the case now.

I just don't see anything that they absolutely NEED to improve upon right now, and definitely nothing in the promo material for TS3 that's going to convince me to shell out $60 for what's going to be TS2 with stupid-looking sims and bad gameplay ideas.
Theorist
#18 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Sure, why not? There were 10 ep slots built into Sims2, so why not use them all?

How do you know there's such thing as a slot for EP? I've never heard of that...
Inventor
#19 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 2:43 AM
I voted no, only because I don't think my computer could handle any more.
If I were to get a new computer, a few more would be good xD
Sims 3 doesn't look all good I hate to say. I think I may end up sticking to Sims 2 in the end.
Instructor
#20 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 3:37 PM
treeag, in one of the games files (after a whole jumble of code) it mentions something about ep10 or up to ep10. i'm looking for the exact location of the file now and i'll post when i find it, or if someone else knows where it is feel free. i was just messing around one day about 2 years ago and found it. it shocked me because i think 10 is a bit much. i'm sure it was just a precaution so the base game would recognize the ep's up to 10 without new coding.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Instructor
#21 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:26 PM
Yes, I want lots more EP's! I'm not ready to give up the sims2 yet >.> I plan to play (If my computer can handle it, which I doubt!) the sims 3 alongside the sims2.
#22 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:37 PM
Yes, I would like more expansion packs.

I have a Mac. It will probably be a year or so untill the Sims 3 comes out for Mac after it has came out for Windows. I have to keep myself busy with more expansion packs. (=

Besides, Free Time hasn't even come out for Macs yet.
#23 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:39 PM
more...
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Sure, why not? There were 10 ep slots built into Sims2, so why not use them all? I think Sims3 is going to be very different game play than Sims2, and I will want to continue playing Sims2 even after Sims3 comes out.

I 100% agree...

I think sims2 is not done yet, and I can think of at least three more EP's for this game. Since I also think sims3 and sims2 will be like two different games (like sims1 and sims2), there should be more things and options for the game...superstar remake, more animals, etc.

Does anyone from EA reads our comments here?
#24 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WillStefan
Does anyone from EA reads our comments here?

I've always wondered that too!

If you're from EA, don't be afraid to say you are. We don't bite.
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 4:43 PM
i voted yes because quite honstly sims 3 looks like crap. I dont plan on buying it after just spending so much on all the Eps and stuffs packs for sims 2. Oh yeah plus i will be to busy with spore.
Page 1 of 6