Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 12:59 PM
in the hate category

1. Magic. I'll probably never use it
2. Could be the lot I'm playing but it's seems a bit sluggish

In the love category
1. The concept. Apartments add to the realism, which is how I prefer my sims

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I hate all the bugs.
I hate that it's laggy as hell despite having an excellent PC for gaming.

Hey HP I haven't played it much yet, what kind of bugs have you encountered?

I noticed the lagginess too and my pc runs Crysis on high settings very well
Advertisement
#27 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore

I haven't noticed any lagginess and I have a good CPU (Core 2 Duo E8300 @ 3.55Ghz) but an old GPU (6800GS 256MB, getting a HD4850 soonish) and I'm running it on highest, except on lots with a LOT of stuff on them.
#28 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:34 PM
The reason why this game lags is because EAxis didnt bother to optimise the game. with is 4-year-old engine core it still manages to lag on my E8500
Alchemist
#29 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brutuz
I haven't noticed any lagginess and I have a good CPU (Core 2 Duo E8300 @ 3.55Ghz) but an old GPU (6800GS 256MB, getting a HD4850 soonish) and I'm running it on highest, except on lots with a LOT of stuff on them.

I'll have to try another apartment and see if it makes a difference. I'm running an Athlon 64 X2 dual core with 4 gigs of ram and a 8800GT.

Quote: Originally posted by game90
The reason why this game lags is because EAxis didnt bother to optimise the game. with is 4-year-old engine core it still manages to lag on my E8500

I'm glad it's not just me. This is the first expansion I've had with this problem
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#30 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore

I listed some of them - like that little edge fencing making things a common area when it shouldn't.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...9052038-wtf.jpg ... this was particularly lovely... sim came in to view apartments to rent and autonomously sat down in on a disappeared-sofa and watched a disappeared-tv.

I'm getting a LOT of crashes and freezes despite having no hacks and no custom content that would cause anything remotely like that.

I spent all day yesterday trying to make working apartments and never got it working properly. I'm rebuilding them today and between the lag, crashes, freezes, and other general mayhem, I'm about fed up and getting ready to uninstall the damn thing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#31 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:11 PM
I hope you manage to sort everything out HP, Its really a pain isnt it?

I Hate how my game used to take under 2 mins to load and now its taking a max of 20 mins to load... Its also very very laggy.
Scholar
#32 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:38 PM
i hate that you can visit another sims apratment and cook but you bring the dang food back to your own apartment >< stupids oh and i hate that the only way a sim can have a car is to have a garage...that ruined several planned apartments already ><

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#33 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 2:46 PM
Thankfully I haven't gotten any bugs that make my game crash, but I do think I've got some bugs. Whenever I click on someone for my sim to talk to, I get two options that I highly doubt should be there. #1 is Macro which gives me the option to have my sim go through a litany of "friendly", "unfriendly", or "romantic" options with said sim. It's handy if I want a quick friend or lover, but I don't think it should be there. The other is "autonomy" which I really don't understand and am not going to mess with but basically whenever I click on anything this option comes up to add or take away autonomy for whatever thing I just clicked on. Again, probably not supposed to be there.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I love it either way. My sims picture seems to automatically fix itself if my sim changes clothes. I'm funny about that sort of thing and whenever I had them change clothes, I immediately sent them to the mirror so that their picture would update. Now I don't seem to have to! :yippee:

I love all the new interactions. I haven't even gotten the chance to use them all yet, but the ones I've seen are great. Peek-a-boo with the toddlers is by far my favorite although I also love the toddler hugs. Chloe Curious-Smith and Daniel Jacquet's twins did that all the time till they aged and now they use the "torment" option which is also highly entertaining. My teenage 2nd gen legacy kids torment each other too.

The magic for me is a love/hate thing. I love that my sims can now do magic. Kim Cordial set her husband on fire using Inflammo after he said he was rich but only brought $1. However, I hate that they have to have a bunch of stuff in their inventory for the magic options to come up. That's really annoying so I likely won't use witches all that much for that reason. If my witch wants to cast a spell, she shouldn't have to run upstairs behind her secret bookshelf to whip up 15 eyes of newt first. I highly doubt the Wicked Witch of the West had to do that!

HP, thanks for the new skins. I hated that Kimberly Cordial was bright green. Kinda defeats the purpose of being a secret witch when you look like someone dunked you in green jello.
#34 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I hate that furnishings disappear when you go to move a sim in.

Isn't there a hack to fix that? I thought there was something that let you keep the furnishings when the house was empty, but I'm not sure.
Theorist
#35 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 4:04 PM
I haven't play much but I hate that you have to use ingredients to cast a spell. But that's gonna change soon...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:01 PM
I love the witches, they're way cool I read somewhere that it was hard to find witches, but the 3rd community lot I sent my sim to, lo and behold, a good witch appears :D
I also love the new social groups, and the fact that my sim lives in a low class apartment, so all the gearheads live there too
I love Belladonna Cove! I've scrapped all my other hoods in favour of this one, I don't usually like Maxis hoods much, but this one I do
I also love the new clothes which come with the EP, the fact that they fit into the social groups. The gearhead clothes are awesome!
Also the "networking" feature is pretty cool too - my sim met a townie from one of the new social groups downtown, and they got chatting. After awhile a popup came up saying she was offering him a job in the Oceanographer career track, and it definitely wasn't a low level job! So that was cool, my sim got a high paying job with no work involved :P

I don't hate much really, have noticed a bit of lag but my PC is quite old anyway and I don't have high specs so I just put it down to that. Its not terribly laggy though, still perfectly playable.
The only thing I find annoying is not being able to change furniture in common areas without moving my sims out first, or using a cheat. But I guess thats realistic - its the Landlords decision about furniture, right? :P

Call me Kay please :)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:13 PM
I have to agree that the furniture disappearing when a playable Sim moves in is annoying. I've spent several hours today developing a complex that I'm quite proud of, and have been putting a lot of effort into decorating with furniture, decorations, etc. so that when my Sims visit their neighbors, things look good. But knowing that my own Sims will never get to enjoy it unless I do it all again from scratch? Frustrating. I wish there was an option to pay higher rent or simply buy the furniture in the apartment outright instead.

And apartments are an extreme amount of work. I;ve always mainly focused on gameplay rather than building and designing. It has certainly never taken me 8 hours (and counting) to design a lot before. But I am pretty sure it will pay off once all is said and done - it will likely become the default lot for my Sims before they buy houses.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:17 PM
Most of the furniture (excluding the awesome TVs and a couple of more things) is just not very nice. Not that I ever use maxis objects, but it would be nice if they at least tried to match the community's level of meshing and texturing.

I do however LOVE the wall decoration at any height feature. Would get this EP for that feature alone. Finally we can hang wall hangings like... wall hangings, in real life.

I wish they'd enabled it for windows too. Since these are non-interactive wall objects (unlike mirrors & phones, etc which can't be moved because they need the sim interaction height), I really see no reason you can't move them up and down either.
#39 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akksgurl
Thankfully I haven't gotten any bugs that make my game crash, but I do think I've got some bugs. Whenever I click on someone for my sim to talk to, I get two options that I highly doubt should be there. #1 is Macro which gives me the option to have my sim go through a litany of "friendly", "unfriendly", or "romantic" options with said sim. It's handy if I want a quick friend or lover, but I don't think it should be there. The other is "autonomy" which I really don't understand and am not going to mess with but basically whenever I click on anything this option comes up to add or take away autonomy for whatever thing I just clicked on. Again, probably not supposed to be there.

Those two options you have are caused by MATY hacks, the Macrotastics and the Autonomy Controller.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by humblebumble

I wish they'd enabled it for windows too. Since these are non-interactive wall objects (unlike mirrors & phones, etc which can't be moved because they need the sim interaction height), I really see no reason you can't move them up and down either.

Actually, Sims do interact with them. Sims autonomously look out them, and when Seasons was added there's the weather reactions.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#41 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simply_Sims
Isn't there a hack to fix that? I thought there was something that let you keep the furnishings when the house was empty, but I'm not sure.

When you rent an apartment, even if it starts furnished, it goes unfurnished when you move a family in. NPC homes apparently stay furnished, but your playable sim homes do not. It's apparently meant to be that way, so you can furnish it how you like, but I already did when I built the damn thing. Grr.

There -is- a cheat for it (testingcheats, shift-click the door, rent furnished) which works if your sim is right next to the door and has nothing else in the queue, but it's still -really- annoying. Especially as one of the apartments I built, the upstairs rooms stay furnished either way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Actually, Sims do interact with them. Sims autonomously look out them, and when Seasons was added there's the weather reactions.

But this is one the same level as you interact with a painting, i.e. "look", or "admire" whatever it is that they do. It's very passive and different from picking up a telephone at a set height or using the mirror.

If they can do it for buy mode wall hangings they can do it build mode wall hangings.
Theorist
#43 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:56 PM
Oh, and I also hate the fact that you cannot move sim paintings and sim photos
Instructor
#44 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Oh, and I also hate the fact that you cannot move sim paintings and sim photos

Do you mean up and down the wall? You can do that, you have to use the [ and ] buttons.
Test Subject
#45 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettiammie2005
Do you mean up and down the wall? You can do that, you have to use the [ and ] buttons.

I think treeag means the in-game made paintings and photos. You can't move those.
Instructor
#46 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 6:25 PM
Aw! GYP!

I was looking forward to taking some photobooth pictures and moving them up and down the walls! DX
Instructor
#47 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 7:16 PM
I've been playing non-stop since Wednesday and haven't come across much I hate.

The only thing that annoys me is the penned dog. It sits there and whines and cries when I don't pay attention to it, but it's not a normal pet, so I can't take it out and have it follow me around. Very limited interactions compared to normal pets.

To those making thier own apartments: I don't know if this helps, or if you know already, but I read in the prima guide that apartments you build won't work as apartments unless there is only one door to the unit. They can only have a back/side door if it's surrounded by a wall (like a fence for a patio or balcony).
#48 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ennui
Those two options you have are caused by MATY hacks, the Macrotastics and the Autonomy Controller.

Thanks! :D
Field Researcher
#49 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:32 PM
i hate how my neighbours never seem to go to sleep and how i keep on getting a 'force error' dialog box thingy when they return from work !?!

but i love the paintings thing, the new wall shelves, the spiral stairs and the pre order special gifts i got from maty

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
#50 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 8:45 PM
i also noticed how the picture of my sim on the menu bar changes everytime they change clothes, wake up, come home from work-is that supposed to happen? i love it though
Page 2 of 8