Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:42 PM
Default Is there anything you want to know about AL??
Here's a couple of things I didn't know were going to be in it.

There's a new food stall. Similar to the ones you can have at the vacation destinations. It sells hot dogs, hamburgers and gyros. Not sure if there's different types of stalls yet, I haven't been into buy mode on a community lot yet

There are new study options from the bookcases. It's like reading a self-help book, you can study anger management, lifelong happiness, phsiology,fire prevention and couples counselling.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:47 PM
Heh! The all knowing gamy fruit loop hath returned!

Anywhoo, I heard there were new outfits for elders? Pics?
And if there are any for adults and younger, pics of those too.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 10:50 PM
any outfit/hair for todd/children ,,, thankiesssss

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Heh! The all knowing gamy fruit loop hath returned!

Anywhoo, I heard there were new outfits for elders? Pics?
And if there are any for adults and younger, pics of those too.

LOL. Yeah, I don't spend too much time on here most of the time. But I always make sure I have a bit of time off work when a new EP comes out

Will go sort out those pics
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 11:56 PM
everytime your sim plans an outfit (including formal, pjs, etc.) the picture in your sim's icon regnerates, so they are wearing the outfit. and you don't have to go change appearance to get it to change after you've planned a new outfit!
also, don't know if this is just my game, but my new closet only allows 'dress for work' option.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:09 AM
Here's some pics for the guys new outfits. Once again, it's pretty much only everyday clothes, with some of the same outfits also spilling over into formal and workout.

These are the elders clothes

*I just want to check the quality of them showing up on here, I may have compressed them too much*

Edit: Yep, not great quality. Looks like I might have to re-edit the other pics. Give me a few minutes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:27 AM
child and up can play peek a boo with toddlers!! it very adorable. =]
pictures(the mom/toddler in 2,3,4 are wearing cc clothes, hair, skin, eyes):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ms/peekaboo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/peekaboo2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/peekaboo3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/peekaboo4.jpg

the last 3 are cho family pictures i took, first one came with belladonna cove.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 12:35 AM
OK, I hope these pics are better. I'm wondering if we should keep this thread more for discussion though, and put most of the pics in the pic forum???

Here's the teen boys clothing. Not much in the way of hairstyles for the guys this time, mostly just hats.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 1:37 AM
Has anyone noticed any major conflicts with your existing hacks or neighborhoods yet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 1:49 AM
I've not even got my downloads folder in it yet. I have to go to work soon so probably won't get a chance to lookinto hacks until Saturday.

Here's the teen female clothing, the rest will have to wait till tonight
#11 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 2:37 AM
I have had all my downloads and some of my hacks in for a few days with no problems.. I culled my hacks down to the basic non global type. Including Merola's paintings and the find a mate crystal ball and a few others.. so far so good.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:15 AM
The only conflict I've had so far is that I didn't have the apartment mailboxes show up. I removed the downloadable mailbox and trashcan I had in my hacks/mods folder and now the apartment mailboxes show up fine. So I guess that was the problem.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:41 AM
Can toddlers leave the house with their families now?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 3:50 AM
Does anyone know how to use all the items in build mode when in an apartment lot?? I want to adjust a few walls but it's greyed out. Is there a cheat for this? I tried the dormspecifiltools cheat but that didn't seem to work.
I'll be really peeved if i can't move a wall or a door in an apartment!!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:08 AM
I love those dresses for teens... and I hate that style in real life. :D

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
Does anyone know how to use all the items in build mode when in an apartment lot?? I want to adjust a few walls but it's greyed out. Is there a cheat for this? I tried the dormspecifiltools cheat but that didn't seem to work.
I'll be really peeved if i can't move a wall or a door in an apartment!!

You can't. Like in real life, if you rent a place you can't just go knocking down walls and moving doors. However you could rezone it back to residential with the cheat (changelotzoning), exit (save), reenter and build mode should work (make sure to zone it back to apartments when done). However, I have no idea what'll happen if there are families already living there when you do this.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:22 AM
I do believe there is a cheat but I can't remember what it is. Its similar to the dorm one.

~*I'm a she*~
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:28 AM
changelotzoning residential/community/apartmentbase

You mean?
Forum Resident
#19 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:34 AM
No, the one so that you can use the building stuff in apartments.

~*I'm a she*~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fantasyrogue
You can't. Like in real life, if you rent a place you can't just go knocking down walls and moving doors. However you could rezone it back to residential with the cheat (changelotzoning), exit (save), reenter and build mode should work (make sure to zone it back to apartments when done). However, I have no idea what'll happen if there are families already living there when you do this.

No but in real life the landlord could do it right. So if i enter an apartment block before anyone moves in i should be able to make some small adjustments....now this zoning cheat you mentioned. What is it exactly?? boolprop changelotzoning true?? and when would i type the cheat in...before entering the lot or while i'm on the lot?:jig:
Test Subject
#21 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:44 AM
Well, if there is it isn't listed in their readme. That's about the only cheat listed (well, and a few to change the lot's class)

Starwyn:
After you enter the lot (uninhabited) you just type "changelotzoning residential" (without the quotes). Exit (save) and then reenter. Build mode should work. When you're done just type "changelotzoning apartmentbase" and voila.
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:45 AM
one question, i cannot turn a residential lot into a renting place right? E.g rent a house or some sort, instead of "FOr Sale", it is "For Rent"? THanks

Nevermind, scrap that question, i just found out after reading the prima guide
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 4:51 AM
Is anyone else a little disappointed in the prices for renting apartments. Yes, it's cheaper moving in, but you'll run out of cash quick with the rent charges. Even the dinky little mobile homes start at 775/wk...The cheapest one I actually saw on the lot was 882 and barely has room to squeeze in a roommate, if you can at all. I thought the idea was to save money?
You can buy a house with the money you start with, get the essentials, and quickly save up cash paying the lower bills.
Or, you can move into an apartment and watch your bank account slowly dwindle away until you get promoted enough. And then, you'll still be paying more in bills than you would if you buy a house.
So...when does this come in handy, exactly?
Of course I love all the other aspects of it! Maybe there's something about the apartments that I'm not "getting", as far as being able to afford it. As of right now, I'm just playing them for the game experience.
Any insight would be welcome.

**Ok, I viewed another thread that cleared this up. In an apartment, you pay every week. In a house, you pay twice a week (every 3 days). Makes more sense now.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
#24 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 5:02 AM
Anyone find the breakdancer yet? I had a sim hang out at one of the community lots that came with AL, and she was there for ages and I didn't run into him. I want to breakdance, baby!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Aug 2008 at 5:18 AM
What I really want to know is: what does the inside leaflet say. New SP? One giant collection package?
Page 1 of 10