Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 5:57 PM
I actually like this idea...

Quote:

Outfit your Sims - Give your Sims the right attire and accessories to enjoy their brand-new kitchens and bathrooms including a hair turban, spa mask, cooking aprons and luxuriant cashmere pullovers for around the house.

Contemporary Appliances - Update your Sims’ kitchen with that sleek new look you’ve been dreaming about with a stylish refrigerator, food processor, toaster oven, and more.

Charming Kitchens - Renovate the kitchen into the warmest room in the house with romantic
touches including new themed wallpaper, wood-carved counters, and ceiling-mounted hanging pot racks.

Modern Bath Designs - Make your Sims’ bath time a modern experience with contemporary esign options such as elegant sectional mirrors, quad-quadrant ceiling lighting with a modern flair, and raceful countertop basin sinks.

Bathroom of your Dreams - Indulge your Sims in a romantic bathroom complete with cozy new tiles, fancy towel racks, romantic paintings, designer rugs, and much more.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:08 PM
If anything, I just hope they have good mirrors. The mirrors in this game are pretty bad and the only one that actually is good is the Seasons medicine cabinet which is also counter-friendly. We also need plenty more refridgerators. There's only 4 and I rarely use the Uni ones because the small one doesn't look right in a normal home and I don't usually create sloppy Sims so the messed up fridge is ruled out. I'm fine with the sinks, tubs, counters, and stoves (well, maybe another one won't hurt ... ). We probably need a few more toilets because they're not really that good and I only use the Seasons toilet. I basically love most of the Seasons furniture. :D
Banned
#28 Old 16th Jan 2008 at 9:29 PM
this seems like a pointless stuff pack to get, from the description of it it seems like I already have all that and more with my custom downloads XD need some screenies to be more sure lol
#29 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 12:57 AM
I'm another that's looking forward to this one. Seems that, rather than tackling something rather novelty (see Family Fun and Glamour Life), it's tackling something that's the game's lacking - a good variety of kitchen and bathroom furniture.

I hate decorating bathrooms because the choice is so narrow, especially as I believe many expansions don't update the plumbing category. Sinks are easy, but bathtubs? Showers? Not to mention toilets! Then when I look at custom content, most of it's all super-modern and fancy - the kind where the mesh is oversized and you have to use snapobjectstogrid just to put the thing in a suitable position without penetrating any walls.

As for kitchens... I'm okay for the most part with kitchens, but there's not a lot of variety in small appliances. A new fridge certainly can't hurt either!

I like the sound of the charming kitchens and romantic bathrooms, personally =)
Scholar
#30 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spudjuice
when I look at custom content, most of it's all super-modern and fancy - the kind where the mesh is oversized and you have to use snapobjectstogrid just to put the thing in a suitable position without penetrating any walls.

HUGE pet peeve.. :smash:
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Safyre420
this seems like a pointless stuff pack to get, from the description of it it seems like I already have all that and more with my custom downloads XD need some screenies to be more sure lol

kind of the point of stuff packs though isn't it?

if you buy all of them, you'd probably need less downloads :D
#32 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:07 PM
Another one looking forward to it here. Generally, I've avoided stuff packs (I only have the original holiday pack that they released in 2005 - I couldn't resist having Santa in my game - and didn't update it with the minipack in 2006) because they just didn't fill in anything that I particularly wanted or needed (Glamour Life was too... over-the-top for me, even if there is that one bedroom set that I do like in it, and Family Fun, while cute... I don't think I'd use any of the objects enough... etc etc; although I am considering Teen Style because some of the furniture would fill little voids that I'm particularly lacking for my sims' kids' rooms). But this one... I've actually gotten to the point where I'm starting to delete a lot of of custom objects and instead going with recolors of Maxis objects, but it's really difficult to do that when it comes to bathrooms and kitchens because there's simply way too little to work with. And let's face it, not everyone has identical bathrooms (heck, there are plenty of homes where each bathroom is completely different).

Moreover, I'm kind of disappointed with (and I have my doubts that this niche will be filled) the lack of modern content within the game itself. I'm not talking blocky, hypermodern, almost-futuristic stuff (which a lot of custom content for bathrooms tends to fall under, sadly), but something sleek and elegant - for instance, a rectangular-set toilet, with a much lower tank than on more... "standard" toilets, for lack of a better term. The same would hold true with kitchens, though; I'd like to be able to put something sleek and modern (which it sounds like might be getting that here) in some of my sims' kitchens, as well. But even without getting these kinds of options, just having anything new for these two rooms would really fill a void that's pretty glaring when you're trying to make homes where the rooms have a bit of a unique flair to them.
Theorist
#33 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The T
EA TH took the page down already. I think it is order from the big boss.

Fortunately I've taken a screenshot of it, just let me know if anybody want to see it for some reason.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 5:26 AM
I just posted a new thread about the first info and I now feel dumb for not even looking here first. I didn't realize it was out a few days ago since Snooty posted it earlier today. I can't wait for this SP, it is definitely a necessity!
Scholar
#35 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 2:33 PM
The new info is finally up on the official site. Will this be my first stuff pack? Hmmmm The objects look a little.. "special"
Field Researcher
#36 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 3:43 PM
i think this is awesome. I've been thinking about going almost completely Maxis with furnishings and they're making it much easier.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 4:13 PM
ahhhhh theres no pictures.... sad.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#38 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 6:09 PM
Sims 2 South Africa advises the release date is 1st of March for this SP. Isn't it very early?
Forum Resident
#39 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The T
There are 5 rendered art on front page of official site.

bah... that doesn't count... :P

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#40 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 7:04 PM
I don't know, I'm loving that there's going to be some kitchen clutter. I like the oil and vinegar bottles with the salt and pepper shakers. (And I like that sectioned mirror.)
Scholar
#41 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 7:16 PM
Yeah the oil and vinegar bottles, salt and pepper shakers. Love those.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
:O OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Squee! My Sims need more things around the kitchen! I hope we get a functioning "blender" :D

Don't we already have that?

Ooooh, my signature was too old, but I don't have anything to write now...
Scholar
#43 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 9:52 PM
Nah, all we got is a food processor LOL unless you're talking about that little contraption attatched to the bars...?
Mad Poster
#44 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:17 PM
Please, we really need more kitchen stuff! How many trash compactors did we ever get? Just 1 and it was with the base game and it does NOT match anything at all other than the value set. And toilets? We only got three and they still don't even match with everything else. The cheap toilet seriously lacks recolors. Fortunately, however, we are getting a brand new kitchen set with FT and it is very nice in stainless steel, my favorite style for kitchens!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:22 PM
It's on the official site now... Here.

I like it. I'm definatly getting it.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Mad Poster
#46 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:23 PM
There is already a counter that comes in stainless steel...
I'am really looking forward to clutter, lots of clutter, don't care much for more trashcompactors or appliances unless they match each others and the rest of the counters. And Maxis made upper cabinets with shelves and stuff might be nice.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:51 PM
Yes, that was the other thing, upper cabinets! This EP should come with them! By the way, what would we abbreviate the new SP... KBID?
#48 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 10:58 PM
Since there are no official screencaps or renders yet:

Scholar
#49 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 11:02 PM
Ashley you're awesome :D
Scholar
#50 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 11:15 PM
Page 2 of 8