Replies: 11597 (Who?), Viewed: 711875 times.
Page 464 of 464
Scholar
#11576 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 3:28 PM Last edited by BeckyBoo8 : 24th Sep 2020 at 4:37 PM.
I wish there was a chance where if a Sim found out their partner was cheating on them they wouldn't always fall out of love or get a super negative relationship. I'm not talking about jealousy- I do have ACR and I like that jealousy depends on the Sims' aspiration/personality. It would be cool if there was a random chance of what could happen when a Sim gets cheated on: the Maxis way with furious/out of love/low relationship, furious/same relationship, or furious/lower relationship/still in love. I think it would add a lot more variety and add a lot more story possibilities of what to do with characters. It would be easier to have that Sim that constantly gets cheated on and stays in the bad relationship, because they are sad and upset but still crazy in love. It's a lot harder to do this type of stuff when Sims that get cheated on automatically fall out of love.
Mad Poster
#11577 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 4:18 PM
As it is, the only way they do find out is if they actually are present when 'cheating' takes place-and under most circumstances the spouse will automatically become furious with the cheater. Their relationship takes an immediate hit in both the daily and lifetime scores.
But 'disappointed by' the cheater would be a good reaction, if it were possible. Not furious with them enough to move out and break up at that time.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#11578 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 1:52 AM
My ultra dream hack — a mod that rolls the pacifier automatically and you don’t need to use the bat box to cure first born cloning. I love that there is a fix at all for it, but wouldn’t it be great if you didn’t even have to think about the bat box every time you started playing?
Top Secret Researcher
#11579 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 2:37 AM
Unfortunately, that's not possible. Rolling the pacifier outside of CAS creates new sims, if you did that automatically before every birth you would have a ton of extraneous sims filling up your hood and obviously you can't delete them because deleting sims is bad. The way the batbox works is it generates all those sims and then it exits without saving, so those sims are never saved and thus don't take up space in your hood. You wouldn't want something that has to exit without saving to run automatically whenever a sim is born - in addition to probably causing you to lose progress it would prevent the baby from ever being born.
Scholar
#11580 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:10 AM
I knew most of that. I meant I wish there was a mod that did what the bat box did automatically without exiting. I know it’s not possible due to game mechanics. I’m just saying I wish it didn’t have to be impossible.
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#11581 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
I know it’s not possible due to game mechanics. I’m just saying I wish it didn’t have to be impossible.
I wish we could override the broken random generators!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Test Subject
#11582 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 3:42 PM
the mods i want i think would be impossible, but i'm not sure if they actually are

- a minor fix mod that makes the sim look burnt or shocked as soon as lightning strikes them (like in the beta) as it looks odd on how the screen freezes for a split second after they get shocked to show that they are now burnt. i probably worded that horribly but it just doesnt sit right with me
- custom aspirations or a proper restoration of the power aspiration (this one is for sure impossible but i wish it was not)
- a 2003 beta ui mod (not so sure if this is impossible but i'd really love if someone did this, i love the wonky yet minimalistic ui of that era in the game, and someone could use assets of the ui from simcity 4, still probably wont happen)
- a fame mod, something that would work similar to the sims superstar or sims 3 late night, something that would make some sims actually appear like celebrities instead of just having a decent or bad reputation (which is a feature i never really noticed)
Mad Poster
#11583 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:53 PM
I reckon a fame mod could be done with traits. I have actually made a Superstar trait, but it doesn't really do anythin right now because I don't know enough about modding. I kinda want to make it so Superstars can influence for free, maybe give them the beauty wish treatment and have randos drop off date rewards, that sort of thing.
Field Researcher
#11584 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 10:08 PM
I'd love to see a sims 2 get to work mod that is similar to the sims 4 GTW game pack where you can follow your sims to work, have them do work related tasks that ties in with your promotion,have set hours like 9 to 5. After your sim is done with their work tasks, you can shoot the breeze with other employees until your shift is done and go back home. Of course sims would still have the requirements for the job at hand, friends, charisma, logic, creativity, etc. I would love to see a hands on, scientific, detective, and a musical career with singing or dancing or both, or maybe a movie star career like the get famous TS4 pack.
Mad Poster
#11585 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
I'd love to see a sims 2 get to work mod that is similar to the sims 4 GTW game pack where you can follow your sims to work, have them do work related tasks that ties in with your promotion,have set hours like 9 to 5. After your sim is done with their work tasks, you can shoot the breeze with other employees until your shift is done and go back home. Of course sims would still have the requirements for the job at hand, friends, charisma, logic, creativity, etc. I would love to see a hands on, scientific, detective, and a musical career with singing or dancing or both, or maybe a movie star career like the get famous TS4 pack.

Chris Hatch has made a mod that lets you follow your sims to work and set up workplaces for them.
Mad Poster
#11586 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
- a minor fix mod that makes the sim look burnt or shocked as soon as lightning strikes them (like in the beta) as it looks odd on how the screen freezes for a split second after they get shocked to show that they are now burnt. i probably worded that horribly but it just doesnt sit right with me

As far I've had it happen, they not only look shocked and burnt, they usually make a puddle on the ground. Then they either fix themselves up in the bathroom, (feeling outwardly ashamed of themselves) or go home if they're visiting. They definitely do not look normal!

The reason the screen freezes for a second is the amount of animation that it requires to make that bolt of lighting. it's pretty heavy-duty animation, and some computers do freeze badly on it. My older one didn't even start for about a minute after one.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Field Researcher
#11587 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:10 PM
I wish there was a mod where hunting for bugs just involved taking their picture and releasing them - I hate that they kill them for the bug box! Also, why isn't the bug box worth anything? It should be sellable.
Instructor
#11588 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles89
I wish there was a mod where hunting for bugs just involved taking their picture and releasing them - I hate that they kill them for the bug box! Also, why isn't the bug box worth anything? It should be sellable.

You can say they just take a pic of them and put the pic in the box, can't you? I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence to suggest they don't do that, right?
Scholar
#11589 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
As far I've had it happen, they not only look shocked and burnt, they usually make a puddle on the ground. Then they either fix themselves up in the bathroom, (feeling outwardly ashamed of themselves) or go home if they're visiting. They definitely do not look normal!

Yes, and if they are townies they can wander around for some time looking burnt. I had 4 different sims get hit in one night on a community lot and it took me forever to track them all down and Gussy them up.
Field Researcher
#11590 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:47 PM
You can say they just take a pic of them and put the pic in the box, can't you? I don't think there's a whole lot of evidence to suggest they don't do that, right?

I tried telling myself that but you can see the pins!
Field Researcher
#11591 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:50 PM
I don't suppose there's a way to stop gardeners from nicking my money tree simoleons is there? If not that would be a great mod to have!!
Lab Assistant
#11592 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 3:22 PM
You could fence them and lock the gate? Put the in the attic and lock the door?
Theorist
#11593 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 4:29 PM
Quote:
I don't suppose there's a way to stop gardeners from nicking my money tree simoleons is there? If not that would be a great mod to have!!

I know I used to have a mod that stopped vistors from touchin the money tree. However upon searchin my download zips I can't seem to locate it. I Googled and found Visitors can't take from Money Tree . It says I thanked it so this must be the mod I once had

There is Landlord only gardens communal areas

So maybe between these two it might save your money trees
Alchemist
#11594 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 5:46 PM
Quote:

Pescado's mod left gardener untouched, saying it seems to be intended for him/her to take money. You can keep your trees in room with "removable" door, just in case if gardener ignores locks.
Scholar
#11595 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:59 PM
I'd love a social worker overhaul.
I like the idea of the social worker coming to take neglected or orphaned kids, but I will never get over the fact that the kids disappear into a void until they're adopted and that they lose their memories and relationships/family tree.

My ideal social worker overhaul mod would be that the kids can still be taken away, but that they're transported to a lot that you have designated as an orphanage. They're still playable and have their memories and relationships intact. They can be adopted, but when they're adopted they're still shown on their original family tree. The "Found Family" mod can be used with the kid and their adoptive parents so they are still family but the tree won't show that they are biologically related. Parent Sims would still get the memory and consequences of losing their child. Parent Sims could also put their kids up for adoption to be sent to the orphanage. Children would get the memory of being taken away and adopted. And maybe when they aged to a teen if they were never adopted they would get the "Never Adopted" negative memory. I think this would add so much to the game, I would totally pay someone to create a mod like this.

Edit: Oh also it's important that after/if they're adopted that their adoptive parent gets wants/fears and memories relating to their adoptive child (wants them to go to college, memory of them getting married, the child counts towards LTW wants)
Field Researcher
#11596 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBoo8
I'd love a social worker overhaul.
I like the idea of the social worker coming to take neglected or orphaned kids, but I will never get over the fact that the kids disappear into a void until they're adopted and that they lose their memories and relationships/family tree.

Not sure how much this will play into what you are looking for, but kids taken away by the social worker don't lose their memories until they are adopted. So, if you want them to keep their memories and be at an orphanage, you just have to move them into the orphanage using Sim Blender or something like that. You can also use Sim Blender to make a child into a relative of new parents, without it changing the family tree.
It doesn't allow for memories of being adopted, and I don't think the new parents get the same kind of wants about their new kid moved in in this way that they would from an adopted kid. And there isn't a memory of never being adopted, which would be cool.

I think there may also be a mod where you can choose to have your children adopted, but I am not sure.
Scholar
#11597 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 6:05 PM
I'd like to see the names of the items in CAS. If I download a bunch of hair and check it out, if there's one that doesn't look good, it's really hard to find it to delete it.
Mad Poster
#11598 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie
I'd like to see the names of the items in CAS. If I download a bunch of hair and check it out, if there's one that doesn't look good, it's really hard to find it to delete it.

Download Cat's Tooltip Adder. Plop all your Bodyshop content through it so the tooltips are the filenames. Then turn boolProp on, hit Shift and N, and hover over the thing.
Page 464 of 464