Replies: 11460 (Who?), Viewed: 694880 times.
Page 459 of 459
Mad Poster
#11451 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
I don't see why. I've already done the framework for this in fairy changelings. Also, this doesn't need any kind of controller. If you just want something to be user-configurable, there will just be a configurable BCON in the mod.

I know. However, it would be nice to be able to configure it differently in each neighbourhood, like maybe make witchery dominant in one and recessive or X-linked in another, and maybe have 9% for each creature townie that is initialized in one or maybe 20% Vampires in another and 2% of other types, or just vampire and werewolf creature townies and nothing else. Maybe in a more ecological oriented hood, there could be more townies initializing as plantsims, while in another town that is more magic-oriented you can have mostly witch townies (or technomagi if you wish).
Scholar
#11452 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 11:04 PM
If you want creature townies, create creature townies when you set up the hood. That's got nothing to do with genetics and doesn't require any mods.
Mad Poster
#11453 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
If you want creature townies, create creature townies when you set up the hood. That's got nothing to do with genetics and doesn't require any mods.

You're missing the point. I KNOW I can do that. I want creature heredity and I want townies to sometimes initialize as creatures.
Mad Poster
#11454 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:11 AM
An in-wall shower (like the cheap UNI one) that's top-of-the-line, so I can make luxurious walk-in showers that are actually as fancy in terms of their hygiene and environment scores as they look.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11455 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
An in-wall shower (like the cheap UNI one) that's top-of-the-line, so I can make luxurious walk-in showers that are actually as fancy in terms of their hygiene and environment scores as they look.

There are CC showers around, I like the one from the Aussie bathroom. It looks nicer and it's cheaper.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#11456 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 9:19 AM Last edited by inspiredzone : 6th Jul 2020 at 9:50 AM.
I just wish the uni shower didn't show the ugly pipes going down through the wall. It's hidden with the walls up, and hideous with them down. No other plumbing/appliances in the game have hidden mechanics like that, why this one shower?
Mad Poster
#11457 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 6:55 AM
Basically just better creature heredity tokens based on Midge's super awesome creature genes mod, which would include dominant and recessive options, and the option to tie the trait to the X-chromosome. Meaning boys would be more likely to manifest it. It's kinda like the lutino/albino trait in birds. With birds, the female has non-matching sex chromosomes - a Z and a W - while the male has two Z chromosomes. The albino/lutino trait is linked to the Z chromosome, so the female is more likely to exhibit the albino or lutino traits depending on her base colour (white or yellow).

The mod could have a controller object which ideally would have the option for the user to change its appearance to match the environment. Like, in a farm or rural setting, it could be a clump of pampas grass, sage brush, cactus, tree, haystack, etc. In a space or futuristic setting, it could be an alien plant or tree, or a rock or crystal. Heck... it could even be a Baba (which can unfortunately never be YOU). This item would be clickable and it would have lots of options for each trait and could have modular options for Midge's other creatures.

And I would like to see defaults for each one, but honestly, I don't mind adjusting it to fit my preferences for each trait. I would just love to see that amazing hereditary creatures mod improved (and I suck at programming, mind you, so I am in awe of Midge's genius).
Mad Poster
#11458 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 7:06 PM
Reading kestrellyn's thread about surrogate pregnancy made me wonder...
Is it true that birth of a baby is always a positive memory? I would like to see it be NEGITIVE in some cases; like if I've left ACR default at a negative number of children wanted. Or a jealous older sibling could actually cry at the birth, and dislike the baby. Guess I could alter the memory, but that doesn't change behavior/reaction. I have a mod that makes husband know the baby is not his (and he will dislike the mom -which is cool except when the birth is due to an abduction!). But would also like to see the non-baby-daddy be unwilling to take care of the baby, and difficult to build a relationship.

Namaste
Theorist
#11459 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 7:08 PM
Jealousy of the new sibling is already in the game. The older kid doesn't cry, but sometimes they have a negative relationship score with the baby right after it's born.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
8th Jul 2020 at 6:16 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic. Reason: not a request thread
Scholar
#11460 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 7:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra

Agree with Jo; I know you don't always use cc, Zarathustra, but for my fancy bathrooms I love using the ones by Veranka:
Io Bathroom
Simi Bathroom
Aura Bathroom
Keep Me Clean Outdoor Shower

@inspiredzone, the Aura shower without the glass doesn't have pipes. It's a bit expensive, but you can always reprice it.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | Kelyns on other forums
Field Researcher
#11461 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 10:22 PM
How about this shower?
https://modthesims.info/d/184793/mo...redownload.html
It's an in-wall shower.
Page 459 of 459