Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 1:39 AM
Wow...I like Veronaville. I play a lot with Capps and Custom Michaels family I made as soon as I discovered that NH. Now I'm making it more dramatic, but I will say how it used to be before.

Capps:Consort stayed same old fart. Juliet married Romeo (duhr...) Hermia, nothing much she stayed teen through out, Tybalt( I loved and still like how he looks) I hooked him up with Diana.

Michaels: Dean was exceding in Law career, Marina was with her 4th child, Jordan Went of to college, so did Diana with Tybalt. Lucy stayed home with mom and her little sister Gwen.

I never aged them up beyond that point, because my computer crashed and I lost everything so I had to reinstall it and after that I had no time to play because of the exams.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 6:55 PM
I just re-installed and plan to use Veronaville for the Mafia Family Challenge. I've never played it before, because I didn't care for the storyline.

Does anyone else find it odd that Romeo and Juliet aren't really all that attracted to each other? It makes me want to split them up, then I feel like they aren't worth playing without being together.

The first time I tried to play the 'hood, I had Romeo and Juliet suicide together in a crypt. That's pretty much as far as I got.

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Mad Poster
#53 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 7:04 PM
I think it is because game randomizes turn ons and off.
#54 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eva Aisling
Does anyone else find it odd that Romeo and Juliet aren't really all that attracted to each other? It makes me want to split them up, then I feel like they aren't worth playing without being together...

As a rule, I generally keep Romance Sims far, far, away from Family Sims.

Juliet ended up with Mercutio in my last play. Romeo ended up dying from flies, I think. I do like your idea of them dying in a crypt. :devil: Neither one of them make cute babies.
Instructor
#55 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:59 AM
i killed the two main maxis family and deleted the neighborhood.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:11 PM
What Did You Do With Veronaville?
There is a post for Pleasant-ville, but not for Verona-ville! Tell us what you did with the Shakespeare Sims, did you fulfill there wants? Did you kill them all off due to bad genes? (Take Romeo's nose for example... *Shutter*)
Here's what I did (Note: No one has died! Yet...)

Capps: Juliet, Hermia, Tybalt, and Consort all got make overs. Personaly, I like Hermia the best. Because I don't know the story of Juliet and Romeo, I decided to make my own version, and in this one Romeo got Juliet knocked up. Thanks to Inteen, Juliet had a miscarriage while still a teen and was really mopey for a long while, that was until I had Romeo come over to chat, and it ended in the bed room
Well, Juliet did pretty well until Tybalt started to get in her face, I like to think he was just mad that she was carrying Romeo's kid. Well, Juliet gave birth to little Flora, and it was suddenly VERY boring. I aged up Juliet because, hey, she had like two days until growing up so why not? Then I remembered -->I<-- control this story! So, I moved Juliet out, because Tybalt was being a jerk and her father was glaring at her every time she came in the room, and she became a modern single mom. I moved in Kent, Regan, and Regan's creepy looking husband, and then moved them out because there wasn't any room! (Hey, Regan changed Flora once, so thats a plus?) Then seconds after the house guests moved out, Juliet popped! I didn't remember her whoohooing any one, but then I remembered that she had a fling with some Sim named Brain. So I moved Brain in and found out he was a romance Sim. I don't care that romance Sims make the best parents! I moved him out in a heart-beat, and then Flora grew in to a toddler. She's got Her moms skin ton, Romeo's black hair, and Juliet's blue eyes. Flora's really cute, though I wish she hadn't gotten Romeo's puffy cheeks and his hooked nose.
Enough about my Sims, whats happening in your game?!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Test Subject
#57 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:24 PM
I love Veronaville; I think that its one of the best-looking neighbourhoods and I can never be bothered to make my custom 'hoods that nice.
As I have recently uninstalled then installed my game I haven't got very far, and so obviously I have started again since my last post.
Bianca & Kent: After a fight between him and his brother-in-law, Kent moved out while his sister and in-law were at work and moved in with Bianca. They got married in secret, with only the Summer dreams present; although it turns out Titania was in love with Kent, so she slapped him when he kissed Bianca. Kent and Titania have since made up and are now just good friends.
They then had several children after moving into a decent-size house; Cleopatra, Anastasia, and the twins Elizabeth and Hermione. Bianca has the LTW to marry off 6 kids so I'm trying to fulfill that.
A short time after Cleopatra's birth and half-way through her pregnancy with Anastasia, Bianca invited her parents round to visit. Both her mother and her father attacked Kent - one after the other - thus, she has had no contact with them since that happened.
Inventor
#58 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:40 PM
I killed all the Capps. The first I killed was Consort because every time I turned around, he was attacking my sims, not just the Monty family. When I killed Tybalt I let Hermia live a while because I wanted to torture her a bit. But then she fell in love with one of my hard-working neanderthal sims that was born-in-game. I put them together to build up a very nice produce farm. But I still didn't like Hermia.

I didn't break up Romeo and Juliet, but I never let them get together. Of course, they both called each other on the phone all the time so their relationship was always high.

Romeo and Mercutio went to college and graduated. Shortly after, Juliet went to college. Because of bad behavior, she was there a long time. Romeo and Mercutio got their own places because they were always falling for the same girls. and I really loved the house I made for Mercutio, so I used the copy I put in the sim bin for a new hood. Mercutio had two roommates, both gained skills and badges to help him with running a restaurant. But it took so long that the first roomie moved out. I gave both Romeo and Mercutio non-surgical makeovers. Made Romeo an intellectual jock and sports major. Mercutio majored in drama and was gay.

I had Juliet move into a house with a bunch of the other Capps, including Desdemona, Ariel and Hal. I made up a bunch of rules to play that household to see which ones I would let live. But they really got boring. So I decided to kill off all the adults and let Juliet raise the kids. But Juliet never did what she was told and I accidently killed her with a swarm of locusts along with the male kid, Hal.

The social worker that came to collect the kids accidently was killed with locusts. I moved the rest of the Capps in from the sim bin and killed them. Lost the kids trying to adopt them, but eventually found Ariel Capp who was taken in by Hermia. Moved the Summerdream family in and killed them all but Titania and Bottom. Titania adopted a couple kids looking for Ariel and Desdemona, but gave up. By then she was really into Mercutio's first roomie, so they moved in and started Summerdream Decor, a candle and lamp store.

Romeo, had a complete breakdown when Juliet died and the therapist had to come get him out of his funk. This caused him to lose favor with me in a major way. I don't care for male sims that cry like it is the end of the world. Even Hermia didn't do that after losing all her family members. So I played him very little after that although he did come over to Mercutio's house a lot where I was having fun playing the roomies because Mercutio was always working.

Bianca Monty fell in love with her gardener, Vince Centowski. They had a kid, Elaine Monty, shortly after Bianca fulfilled her ltw to become Education Minister. Vince, a romance sim, moved out when Elaine was a day away from going to college. Elaine went to college, graduated and moved in with a female college friend she fell in love with. As a graduation gift, Bianca gave Elaine the house she lived in. Bianca moved into a new house across the road. Bianca was one of my favorite sims, so I played her a lot and had to age her down before she turned to an elder. It was too difficult to remember to give her the elixir.

Bianca, fell in love with Elaine's roomie from Uni and they lived together in Bianca's new house when the roomie graduated, but just barely before Bianca gave birth to another daughter she had with one of my favorite (of two) CAS studs. This daughter, MonaLisa Monty, also went to college at the same time as two other girls who had the same CAS father. All three girls were roomies and became nearly inseparable best friends and business owners after graduation.

Bianca, who was no longer my Queen of affairs because of the union with her new lover, adopted another kid that grew up to be identical to another sim that I really wasn't liking at the time, so I made her move out when she became an adult, instead of sending her to college. She moved into a house with the girls Titania adopted.

Isabella Monty did not grieve for Patrizio when he died. He died just one day after moving into a new home with Isabella while Romeo and Mercutio were still living with them as teens. Isabella immediately rolled a want to fall in love. So, a couple days later, I aged her down to an adult. After the boys went to Uni, she met townie Jonathan Turner and asked him to move in.

Antonio Monty was very boring to play. I got rid of the unkempt facial hair he had and put him in business suits. He fell in love with a Barista and she moved in with him and his kids where they lived in the house Isabella and Patrizio had abandoned. The house was renovated into a very modern three-story mansion. Both Benedick and Beatrice fell in love with born-in-game kids of CAS families. But, by then, Veronaville had really become too big for me so I annihilated the entire hood.
Inventor
#59 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamrinjacobs
I love Veronaville; I think that its one of the best-looking neighbourhoods and I can never be bothered to make my custom 'hoods that nice.

I really hated every one of the prebuilt houses in Veronaville. Before I nuked the hood, I had deleted all of them and all sims were living in houses I built. The only exception was Antonio Monty. He moved into Patrizio and Isabella's old house after I totally remodeled it so that the only thing that resembled the original was the color of the exterior paint. I still don't know why I took the time to pay close attention to all the details of the remodeled house, but I was very pleased with the result.

Some of the comm lots got major modifications, but I bulldozed most of them to create new ones. I didn't like using the comm lots at all without remodeling. I also hated how often I had flooding on my lots with that hood.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 3:34 PM
There is a thread like this already.
What did you do with the Veronaville characters?
Mad Poster
#61 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 8:10 PM
you looped back to the actual and only thread about Veronaville.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 10:48 PM
Actually refox_14 started a new thread, which was merged to this original after my last post.

I started playing Veronaville again, we'll see how long it keeps my interests. (I still have way too many hoods to play with!) I moved all teens out and killed the elders and adults in those three houses. Bin families are still there, for now. Anyway, so the Capp-teens, Summerdream-kids and Monty-teens are the only ones I plan to play with. They all move to new houses and will start eventually populating the hood.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Mar 2010 at 6:18 AM
It bored the heck out of me the first and only time I played it

"Broken hearts think twice before falling.
Heart breakers don't think who to "fall" for.
Stupid hearts make the same mistakes more than once.
Thoughtfull hearts make twice the mistakes than the stupid hearts do.
And at the end everybody finds someone.
Who they can't be with."
-Gethsemani
Mad Poster
#64 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 4:31 AM
I feel like I am the only person who is actually obsessed with this neighborhood as much as with Pleasant view.
Scholar
#65 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 3:08 PM
I would play Veronaville except for all the junk coding EA left behind - which apparently means that in order to play with InTeen as I do, I have to go through each and every playable in the entire neighbourhood, spawn their Biological Clock and save the lot in order to make them age and stop being read as a pregnant teen (and then go back and RE-put away each and every Biological Clock).

It's just too irritating to start up.
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:35 PM
I really wasn't all that interested in Veronaville, so I used it for the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge.

(For people who might want to play that challenge you can find the rules here http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=35397.0;wap2 )
Mad Poster
#67 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 6:27 PM
I like the houses in Veronaville--if I build houses there, I make them blend in, depending on what side of the river they're on. I think the Open Me doors and windows look spiffy with the "English" side's style.

I don't particularly care for playing the Veronaville families, but I enjoy creating Sims to live there.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
I would play Veronaville except for all the junk coding EA left behind - which apparently means that in order to play with InTeen as I do, I have to go through each and every playable in the entire neighbourhood, spawn their Biological Clock and save the lot in order to make them age and stop being read as a pregnant teen (and then go back and RE-put away each and every Biological Clock).

It's just too irritating to start up.

Really? Mine was fine. I had YA Tybalt date Teen Diana, it was all cool.
Scholar
#69 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 2:34 AM
As I'm thinking about it, I think I might be mixing up Strangetown with Veronaville. There's one entire n-hood that's junked to the high heavens and one where it was only one family in the hood. I have a feeling Strangetown was the junked-up one (fits, though, don't it? ) and I think it was the Montys in Veronaville.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 2:37 AM
Yeah, it's Monties. They are one side of river bank which look like a green desert. I hardly played them, but I think they were pretty bugged, not too sure.

I played more with Capps and Summerdreams and they all were perfectly fine to me.
Scholar
#71 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:03 AM
I'm half-tempted to load up Veronaville just to play something besides Pleasantview - but I hate their houses, and then I'd have to bulldoze it and rebuild an entire town again... I really should keep to Pleasantview. *sigh* One commercial lot down, and only a gazillion lots more to go...
Mad Poster
#72 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:33 AM
You could install custom houses for simplicity or rebuild existing ones. I actually gotta rebuilt or put custom Community lots there. I hate the originals and I still have em >_>
Scholar
#73 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 4:04 AM
The whole point of me bulldozing Pleasantview was to force myself to build my own houses, and not be lazy. It's a good idea, though - I would do that for Veronaville, but I'm scared that my Downloads folder is already too big. I'm not sure how much more abuse my poor little four-year-old processor can take.

Meh. I'm going on a Simmish house hunt any way.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 6:18 AM
Sometime makes me wonder if Eaxis people put thought in house creating. I just rebuilt Capp manorrecently . I just looked at the other lots and they just so simply build.

There are some Veronaville themed houses out there I have this mall in my game, It is huge and I have to lower the setting when I enter it though D:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=224250
I am so installing this! XD
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=128206
Scholar
#75 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 3:02 PM
Yeah, I hate Capp Manor. Takes them like five hours to get from the roadside to the front door and the gardener always gets stuck at the bushes around the house. I'm not fond of Monty Ranch either.

Then again, I suppose if I were on the dev team for Sims 2, I'd do a lot of copy-and-paste cookie-cutter houses too. I get bored of building after a while. I've enforced a one-lot-a-day rule for Pleasantview.

Oh, well, Veronaville's next on my list.
Page 3 of 7