Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 8:29 AM
HystericalParoxysm!! I use your Natural Beauty set as defaults, and they're just perfect. The best skins I've ever had (and believe me, that's saying something!)
Advertisement
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 12:08 AM
Um, I love (and I mean LOVE) Enayla's skins, and I tried to download all of them but more than half said "file is corrupted" then "unexpected end of archive". Is this the downloads or my computer? Is there any way to bypass this?

Oh - I tried to download the defaults with her pixie skins, the light skin was fine but the other three were "corrupted". O.o

Does anyone else have this trouble?
Instructor
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 2:37 PM
Further questions about technical issues need to go elsewhere, but I'll give you a freebie -- if you try to download something and it doesn't work, a) try again, and b) if it's posted on a site that allows comments, read the comments, since if there really is a problem with the files, the comments will be basically nothing but "it's b0rken!".
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 4:38 AM
I ONLY use Enayla's skins. I also have a set of her defaults. I think i may still have two of JoeBarts skintones in my downloads folder somewhere.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 5:19 AM
I love Enayla's skins, the KSK skins, and HP's skins. HP, I lurrvvee your African-American Idoltary skin, it's the most realistic I've used.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 6:29 AM
Though for the longest time I've been a fan of Lyran's, my new favorite skintones by far are these ones by oepu. I love the "Maxis skins made better" feel to them.
#32 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 10:06 PM
I used mostly Ren's from SimScribbling and Ephemera skins,and sometimes Enayla skins for those special,shiny sims
I try not to download too much skins,my game is lagging quite abit lately.
Instructor
#33 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:20 AM
My personal favorites are the ever-popular SimCribbling #7 series (I use Nihilin's edits for every skintone she's edited, since she took off the navel rings and the painted-on eyebrows). Every default I use except one is based on those skintones.

Others I love are Rensim's Circonflex series (the Freshie ones are too Sim-like and I'm firmly in the semi-realistic camp... the existing Circonflex tones are too yellow to be defaults, or I might've been tempted to replace the Louis ones), the set that Lyholy@MTS2 made (and the recolors of them), and Helaene's 1/12 skintones (which aren't on her archive anymore, darnit -- the darker shades were too red, but the lighter ones are wonderful). I use Lyholy's lightest on my selfsim.

I also have all the non-fantasy Pixie skintones by Enayla in my game, and a few others, but they're not favorites, just the rest that made the cut to be worth keeping.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:50 AM
oepu and exnem's.
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:28 PM
I've started using Navetsea's skins a lot lately, they're not too shiny, and they're nicey textured. I generally edit the faces though, but then I do that with all my skins.

Sheer wonder, baby.

#36 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:33 PM
Some skins from adult site O.o and also 1 paysite skin.
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 12:24 AM
Genensims.com has awesome skins, especially for furries. They're about 99.9% of my sim population. If I make them a human I'll usually have a Maxis skin.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:02 PM
Well of course Ren is my absolute favorite, and nothing will replace that. They're incredible.

But STEFAN is my second favorite! Oh my goodness, they're very realistic, but they don't have wrinkles or blemishes like some of the other popular realistic skins (I'm talking to you, Jirka and Chazdesigns). Also, some of the Glance skintones aren't complete; the toddlers use maxis skintones. That kind of made me mad. >( So I got rid of 'em and I don't miss them at all.

I like the Enayla pixie skins, but there are some details about them that bug me. I don't like that many of them look like they have dark circles under the eyes, and it bugs me that so many of them look grayish until you zoom in really close. The details are mostly nice, but the actual tone isn't so great.

Zavi: I have a friend who got TS2 and loooves furries, and she was practically kissing my feet when I showed her genensims. They're not my cup of tea, but they're perfect for making furries.
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:06 PM
Genensims, I love their better maxis like skintones, Some of Ren and as default Louis.
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 7:37 PM
I am incredibly picky about skins and eyes. On skins the noses in particular have to be absolutely the way I want them or they freak me out. Also, I do not like too much realism, but neither do I like my sims too cartoony. So generally I only use the ones I made myself.

However, I do find myself currently smitten with the new Rensim skin. It's the nostrils, they are beautiful. Yes, I know, I have a problem XD

Before those were released, I would occassionally play with Simscribbling ones.
#41 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morcalivan
However, I do find myself currently smitten with the new Rensim skin. It's the nostrils, they are beautiful. Yes, I know, I have a problem XD

LOL, you are not crazy, if you are then I am crazy right with you. I am very particular about sim-noses as well and the *only* skintones right now that make the grade for me are Ren's Circonflex set.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Oct 2007 at 1:59 AM
i like enayla and louis for non-human skin tones.
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#43 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 7:38 AM
I use Louis's Skins, HP's skins but mainly Maxis is what I prefer to use. I have Some Genensims Skins (Star Trek) and I have a few from creators that make horror type stuff and of course all of crunk_kitty's skins too.

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Field Researcher
#44 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 8:38 AM
I use your's HP. I have them as defaults and love them. :-)
Scholar
#45 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 3:13 PM
The ones I tend to use most often are from Glance, but only the ones that have a smoother appearance. I hate pores as much as the next person. I also use Stefan's and several blends from the SimAntics forum.

Any less realism than that lacks distinction, in my opinion.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
sugarfree sugarette
#46 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 7:29 AM
Definitely WillStefan, Enayla and Coris. That's the only skintones I use :D
Instructor
#47 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 5:06 PM
I like yours HP They are among my favorites. I also like Glance/Jirka, very good skintones. Enayla have some very good skintones, so has summersong.
I think you all are so good in creating.

Oepu must be one of my absolute favorites, and slimBB by beos and wireless and Louis, i really mix names here. One can get them at Insim. Yes, i like some of willstefan after removing the big brown fleck - for own use in game. Helaene have some good light skintones.

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
#48 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 5:37 PM
Simscibbling or what was it :D.
Rensim and Stefan
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 3:49 PM
I use Oepu's skintones as default (as offered by Corvi), I think they look good on everybody, the NPCs, the townies and most of my Sims families.

But sometimes, I like to use other skintones for specific sims: HP's idolatry of flesh and enayla's pixies are gorgeous.

I haven't found yet a green skintone that I love for using as a default for aliens... but I like when my aliens marry a blue-skintone sims, so I use the blue one made by Nouk, it's gorgeous!
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 3:06 AM
Mostly Enayla skins and default replacements of Opeu's Maxis Match Skin. I love that set.
It took a lot to get me to use custom skintones, but once I did it was hard to go back.
I find too many custom skins look like they were dipped in donut grease.
Page 2 of 5