Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:06 AM
Default You've been playing Sims 2 too much when...
I'm pretty sure many of you have read the "You know you've been playing The sims too muchwhen..." but if not, here's an example: "You've been playing Sims 2 too much when you look above you to see if God has you selected."
This is just the same but with Sims 2.
How do you know you've been playing to much?
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:07 AM
When you stare at the space above your head idly wondering where your plumbbob has gone.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#3 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:08 AM
When you dream of your self in-game as a sim.
#4 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:10 AM
you know all the lyrics to the sim music videos off by heart
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:12 AM
when you visualize a bladder meter dropping when you have to pee

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Theorist
#6 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:19 AM
When you build a snowman in the winter and expect to see a penguin strolling by your house.
#7 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:20 AM
When you accidently write "motherlode" or "kaching" on a check instead of the proper dollar amount.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:21 AM
When you make a mistake when building and look for the 'undo' button.
Inventor
#9 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:22 AM
When you actually start to understand simlish.

When you get pregnant and three days later expect to spin around and be holding a baby
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:22 AM
When you talk in Simlish freely... I dont do that But Im guilty of some of the other things written above.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:28 AM
When you play food fight with a friend of yours and you get a crush on him/her
Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:30 AM
I still make "noise" like "blah-blah-la-bleh ...." in the Sims 1 from time to time when I do housework, but I wasn't into the Sims 1.
I don't know how, why it was stuck in my mind for all these years.

Hopefully, it can be cured one day. XD

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#13 Old 14th May 2007 at 3:33 AM
When you think of relationships on a scale of 1-100, and can imagine after everything you say, little people above your head with a green plus or a red minus

I serioiusly have thought of doing that while hanging out with my friends

EDIT:

True story, my stove caught a grease fire while I was looking through these forums, and I did the whole fire dance before putting it out XD
#14 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:26 AM
When you think of the meals you eat in the context of the meals your sims eat.

When you look at a house and think you can't model the roof properly.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:32 AM
When your bored in school and you find yourself longing for a triple fast foward button
#16 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:33 AM
When you don't do anything else with your time other than play sims and go on this board
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:45 AM
I quite often go through my screen captures and I find myself rolling the mouse wheel or trying to scroll and pan around, until I realise I'm looking at a still picture.
#18 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:56 AM
When creating an outfit for yourself in real life, you look to sims clothing for inspiration!
#19 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:16 AM
when you're chatting on AIM with a friend..and when she talks too much you press the ~ button (you press it to pause your sims) on your keyboard in attempt to pause your friend..haha oops.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:19 AM
lol, when you drive by a house and wonder what cheats they used to build it! (i've done that SO many times)

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:20 AM
-When you stargaze on a telescope, thinking you can get abducted with it.
-If you look for your plumbob.
-If you mistaken an extremely fat man for a pregnant one.
#22 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:22 AM
when you get annoyed with your friends who also play Sims 2 but have no idea what BoolProp is or what Maxis means

when you make it a goal in your life to get all of your friends addicted to the Sims 2

when you get mad at your friends who you got addicted to the Sims 2 because they get an expansion pack before you do

when you spend too much time in class scribbling ideas for your Sim's names

when you get depressed realizing how hard it will be to work for Maxis and test the Sims 2 games for a living since you have no connections with anyone who works there

when you spend $1,500 on a new gaming computer just to be able to play the Sims 2

:P
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th May 2007 at 6:07 AM
I've mentioned this one before, but thought it was funny enough to repeat....when you're sitting in a restaurant, and a couple comes in - first thing that pops into your head is "What a funny-looking baby they'd have. I hope it doesn't get his chin!" and you're thinking of this in Sim-genetics terms. I am so guilty of this.
Banned
#24 Old 14th May 2007 at 6:24 AM
-When you see plus and minus signs when talking and 'interacting' with other people.
-When you have a temper tantrum because a chair is in the way.
-When you try to pause the game but then realise that this is real life.
-When you start dreaming of the sims 2
-When you start dreaming of the sims 2 websites
#25 Old 14th May 2007 at 6:40 AM
When you can turn off the headlines and still understand what your sims are saying( ok so I'm pretty much doing something sim related all day,even when at work I'm thinking of playing sims, and scarily enough sometimes I do understand what my sims are saying in their simmish language)
Page 1 of 115