Locked thread | Replies: 15460 (Who?), Viewed: 1360163 times. | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 1 of 619
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:12 PM
Default What did you discover today while playing the sims?
Since the last thread was deleted in the purge, I figured I'd start a new one. ^_^

Today I encountered the coach for the first time. My sim wasn't even that out of shape! Weird.
Advertisement
#2 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:21 PM
The Coach? Wow, which expansion is it on if any? I'd think UNI because thats the one I've never had/used, besides pets of course.
Banned
#3 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:22 PM
I discovered that Open For Buisness is awsome!! I discovered that a man can come and review your shop also.

Edit:
King Of My World: yes, it is University that it comes with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Of My World
The Coach? Wow, which expansion is it on if any? I'd think UNI because thats the one I've never had/used, besides pets of course.


Yeah, it's Uni. If your sim is out of shape, a coach appears on the lot and makes your sim drop what they're doing and exercise.
#5 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:25 PM
I discovered that Sarah the dog's puppies are hideous abominations.

(><).
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:50 PM
I discovered that when cats are bored to tears, they seem to spend all their time jumping on and off of counters

I've also discovered that some of my sims think that their dog is the dumbest in the world and don't like training them.

(and thank you Stephness for making this thread again)
#7 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:50 PM
I discovered that they put new commercials on the sims TV.. At least, theres one on the cooking channel.. XD
#8 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:54 PM
My sim invited her boyfriend 'round for dinner, but headed to bed shortly afterwards - and...

...the non-controllable boyfriend started trimming the hedges, weeding the garden and generally tidying the house. I never realised they could or would do that. My sim can't be worth all the hassle, surely?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:56 PM
I discovered that you can now lock doors on your houses and/or fences. You can limit whether only you can unlock the door, or whether you and household members only can unlock the door, or whether you, friends, etc. can. I think this is a really neat addition and I'm assuming it came with the new pets expansion. I've noticed that the animals can go in an out of the house as they please and assume that this lock was made so that you can prevent strays from coming in when you don't want them to. If you pet or feed a stray (get friendly with it), it automatically can then come in your house and wander around your lot freely, therefore, the locking ability makes sense, if you want to keep them out of your house.

This is also useful if you get tired of friends coming home from work with your sim and you don't want them to automatically be able to walk in the house and do what they please. I don't like it sometimes when they come home from work with you, because a lot of the time it seems to be at an inconvenient time that disrupts something you're trying to get your Sim to accomplish.

I have also discovered that I absolute love this new expansion pack!!! I really didn't think I would when I first heard about it, but now I just love it!
#10 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 10:28 PM
Cats can cough up hairballs (><).

Yes, I got a picture.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 10:58 PM
I saw a stray cat puke (or at least he looked like that to me) after my sim tossed him in the air a couple times. At least it wasn't on the clothes like with toddlers.
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:02 PM
I found that if a sim doesn't have a high enough body skill while he's on the spinning dance thing, he'll occasionally vomit after he falls out of it.

Momicajack: the door-locking options came with OFB.
#13 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momicajack
I discovered that you can now lock doors on your houses and/or fences. You can limit whether only you can unlock the door, or whether you and household members only can unlock the door, or whether you, friends, etc. can. I think this is a really neat addition and I'm assuming it came with the new pets expansion. I've noticed that the animals can go in an out of the house as they please and assume that this lock was made so that you can prevent strays from coming in when you don't want them to. If you pet or feed a stray (get friendly with it), it automatically can then come in your house and wander around your lot freely, therefore, the locking ability makes sense, if you want to keep them out of your house.

This is also useful if you get tired of friends coming home from work with your sim and you don't want them to automatically be able to walk in the house and do what they please. I don't like it sometimes when they come home from work with you, because a lot of the time it seems to be at an inconvenient time that disrupts something you're trying to get your Sim to accomplish.

I have also discovered that I absolute love this new expansion pack!!! I really didn't think I would when I first heard about it, but now I just love it!


OFB had doors you could lock

I discovered my burning hatred for EA. I was at the mall today-- THE mall, the ONLY mall in town-- and they had 5 copies of pets sitting on the shelf AND they'd had bandit cat for preorders. But no, I preordered from EA games, who hasn't even SHIPPED yet
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 2:01 AM
Quote:
I discovered my burning hatred for EA. I was at the mall today-- THE mall, the ONLY mall in town-- and they had 5 copies of pets sitting on the shelf AND they'd had bandit cat for preorders. But no, I preordered from EA games, who hasn't even SHIPPED yet
That's how I was feeling until I got home today. I checked my e-mail and I had a message that said it had shipped (apparently this morning, but that has to be a lie), and I checked my mailbox and there it was. So I think that EA is screwy, because it couldn't have shipped from Detroit to Vancouver Island within the day, I don't think.
#15 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 2:01 AM
I discovered an intense passion to kill off the two sons of my favourite sims, one of whom is the kid of my favourite sims before them. It's not my fault though, I can't stand the sight of the boys anymore, and they certainly can't carry on the family line; their noses spread all over their face.
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 4:23 AM
I found out that my sims are stupid, and not your average stupid. More like "I'm going to shock my self a million times and see if I live" stupid...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyo
I found that if a sim doesn't have a high enough body skill while he's on the spinning dance thing, he'll occasionally vomit after he falls out of it.

Momicajack: the door-locking options came with OFB.


Lol! You both got me on that one! I guess that goes to show how guilty I am of deserting my Sims this past year to play World of Warcraft so dang much! I haven't explored my Business expansion all that much yet, so I guess I just didn't know. In any event, the topic is about what new thing we learned today, and it was new to me, so . . . :frying:

hahahahahaha!
:moo:
#18 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:31 PM
Yesterday I discovered Aly and AJ were on my sim's boombox. o.o
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 12:51 AM
that my dog has a obsession with yowling at the tv
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:15 AM
I discovered that it's apparently impossible to adopt strays. They just hang around all day if you interact with them and then leave sometime at night.. which sucks, because I have a sim family that would totally suit being the stray-magnet.
#21 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:50 AM
I discovered today that my pc is very well equipped to handle all ep's except pets. LOL. I am so bummed.
Banned
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:02 AM
I discovered that OFB enables bumpmaps for me!
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:39 PM
I discovered that sims can aspire to be a warewolf. This happened after the sim aspired to and saw a wolf. I havent made a warewolf yet, but i plan to
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:19 PM
My sim and her husband (Castor) were kissing on the couch. Then my sim's sister, who has 2 attraction marks for Castor, came and sat next to them. And she was extremely frustrated to see them kissing, she had this "have a fit" thing and her relationship with her elder sister and Castor fell to 50's from 100. Neither my sim nor Castor had such loss on their side though. Castor and this sim are only friends! I think that's very interesting. They can be jealous of someone they are attracted to even if they don't have an emotional thing going on.

Besides, the sister's child "cries softly" when he sees this couple making out!... :confused:
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:32 PM
If your sim is holding a puppy/kitten and you tell them to "watch clouds" outside they will sit down on the floor with the puppy still in their hands and play with them
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 1 of 619
Back to top