Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11476 Old 11th May 2013 at 11:01 AM
It's actually easier to find topics in these forums using Google rather than using the forum search feature (which always gives me the same posts no matter what I searched for). I am surprised that there's no link to the patches from here though.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11477 Old 11th May 2013 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
but you will have to change the aspiration on aged-down adults to "grow up."

I am a little confused by this. I've always read that you have to do so, but the few times I've used Simblender to age adults down to toddlers or kids, they automatically got the grow up aspiration =O
Mad Poster
#11478 Old 11th May 2013 at 3:44 PM
*insert string of swear words here* I just had to reinstall my game and I spent ages installing everything and its patch in the right order, only to discover that I missed Glamour Life. Does it really matter if you don't install a stuff pack in the right order?
Field Researcher
#11479 Old 11th May 2013 at 3:54 PM
If i want to know a townie named diane how can i make my sim meet her
Top Secret Researcher
#11480 Old 11th May 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
*insert string of swear words here* I just had to reinstall my game and I spent ages installing everything and its patch in the right order, only to discover that I missed Glamour Life. Does it really matter if you don't install a stuff pack in the right order?

Nopes. I tend to download AL before everything else, but I have reasons for that. Either way, it works fine.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Top Secret Researcher
#11481 Old 11th May 2013 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

No, it's not like Sims 1 in that respect, luckily. (I played the latter, so tend to install in order, just out of habit, though.)
Inventor
#11482 Old 11th May 2013 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss.pink

I have a mod - a telephone book that allows my sim to look up anyone's number. Sorry - don't know where I got it.
Field Researcher
#11483 Old 11th May 2013 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss.pink

You can use the Simblender to summon her, but you have to find her under the right townie family, or you can use the Visual teleporter from Paladin's place.

Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I have a mod - a telephone book that allows my sim to look up anyone's number. Sorry - don't know where I got it.

Yes, that is Phae's phone book found here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=445336

I have a simblr now! Check it out: simblr
Had a long day and need a laugh? Check this out for funny sims stuff!
Mad Poster
#11484 Old 11th May 2013 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I am a little confused by this. I've always read that you have to do so, but the few times I've used Simblender to age adults down to toddlers or kids, they automatically got the grow up aspiration =O

Perhaps SimBlender takes care of it for you. When you use the aging cheat, you'll need to take an extra step to take care of it.

Always best to check, either way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11485 Old 12th May 2013 at 2:33 AM
Phew. Thanks!
Instructor
#11486 Old 12th May 2013 at 11:20 AM
Character files for babies are created when a sim gives birth, right? So if a sim gave birth, then the game crashed without saving first, wouldn't that mess something up since there would still be character files for the babies but they wouldn't exist in-game? I mean, it's not as though character files can be un-created.

There's probably something really obvious I'm missing here, but I'm just confused and a little bit worried, because my game recently crashed after one of my sims had adopted a baby. I have an adoption mod which means that there is no adoption pool and sims are generated randomly when they are adopted (so sort of like giving birth to a baby normally). I think I might have messed up my brand new custom 'hood already, and I've also been seeing sims with thought bubbles which are blank or blank with only a red 'x' (is that a sign of corruption?).

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Scholar
#11487 Old 12th May 2013 at 4:31 PM
Character files for babies are indeed created when the sim gives birth -- before then, a pregnancy is simply a token which applies maternity clothing, pregnancy morph, and altered walk style. If the game didn't save you should be okay -- character files aren't saved until you save.

For instance, in Create A Sim I often make ancestors for a sim (so I can get recessive genetics without SimPE fiddling), then delete them while still in CAS. If I look in the character file when I'm doing this, character files are created for the ancestors, but until I accept the family, they're not "fixed" in the game.

I get blank thought bubbles and thought bubbles with an X through nothing, and I've not thought anything of them, nor have I thought they're anything to be worried about. AFAIK only the coloured squiggly lines are signs of corruption.
Instructor
#11488 Old 12th May 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
Character files for babies are indeed created when the sim gives birth -- before then, a pregnancy is simply a token which applies maternity clothing, pregnancy morph, and altered walk style. If the game didn't save you should be okay -- character files aren't saved until you save.

For instance, in Create A Sim I often make ancestors for a sim (so I can get recessive genetics without SimPE fiddling), then delete them while still in CAS. If I look in the character file when I'm doing this, character files are created for the ancestors, but until I accept the family, they're not "fixed" in the game.

I get blank thought bubbles and thought bubbles with an X through nothing, and I've not thought anything of them, nor have I thought they're anything to be worried about. AFAIK only the coloured squiggly lines are signs of corruption.

Okay, that makes sense then, thanks! It's good to know that blank thought bubbles aren't a sign of corruption, but they do still seem a bit weird. I wonder what does cause them in that case.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Field Researcher
#11489 Old 12th May 2013 at 5:34 PM
Does anyone know how the game calculates which sim grows a baby up to toddler? I have a household with four adults and three teens (as well as five kids and a toddler), and a baby who grows to toddler in two days, and I'm already freaking out about the logistics of getting all four adults and three teens near the baby so they can grow him up on time, because it's a pain if they miss the original 6 o'clock growing up. I used to think it prioritised parents growing them up, but the last kid to grow up in this house was grown up by his adopted teenage brother, so...

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Theorist
#11490 Old 12th May 2013 at 5:37 PM
I think it's a combination of proximity and the baby's relationship to the person doing the baby toss. The babies in my game seem to have a preferred parent to do the tossing, and I think that it's the parent they like better, but I can't prove it.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Mad Poster
#11491 Old 12th May 2013 at 5:57 PM
I have found that the best thing to do is keep my hands away from the mouse as six o'clock approaches, and not worry about it. They sort it out, usually.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#11492 Old 12th May 2013 at 6:50 PM
In most households they do, but when the house in question is actually two houses joined together by a bridge on the upper floor, and the person they decide they need to grow them up happens to be right at the other end of the other house... I suppose if they miss 6pm, they'll just have to wait until 7 rolls around - I would never use a cake in this house because it would take ages to get everyone to the cake... my fault having such a big household, I guess...

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#11493 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:26 PM
Sometimes it's gotten so stuck for me that birthday cake wouldn't get them to grow babies up, so I do it with the SimBlender if it doesn't happen immediately.
Mad Poster
#11494 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:28 PM
If a playable sim is an employee of a sim-owned business owned by a sim in another household, their career tab shows them as an employee with work hours of 9am - 5pm. Is there any way the change to working hours for some sims whilst keeping them as an employee at the other playable sim's business?
Site Helper
#11495 Old 12th May 2013 at 8:24 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 12th May 2013 at 8:28 PM. Reason: Add quote
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
If a playable sim is an employee of a sim-owned business owned by a sim in another household, their career tab shows them as an employee with work hours of 9am - 5pm. Is there any way the change to working hours for some sims whilst keeping them as an employee at the other playable sim's business?
I believe that there's a mod which will allow you to change the standard hours. Ask in the WCIF forum.
Mad Poster
#11496 Old 12th May 2013 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I believe that there's a mod which will allow you to change the standard hours. Ask in the WCIF forum.

Thanks Mootilda :-) Once I knew a mod was required I found it by Googling. I downloaded the one by Gwenke33, from here. With a few tweaks to change the work schedules it'll be perfect for my new 'hood! :-)

Having a sim go off to work 9-5, Monday - Friday when I knew that the business they worked for was open 16-midnight, Tuesday - Sunday was really bugging me! :-)
Field Researcher
#11497 Old 12th May 2013 at 11:04 PM
My Sim got fired through a chance card just as his teenage children were getting into the carpool for work. Now the car is sitting in front of mailbox for Sim hours with one teenage Sim with a work icon, and the other without, but both in the car. The father Sim is still away from the lot and showing as at work. What can I do?
Mad Poster
#11498 Old 13th May 2013 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vladora
My Sim got fired through a chance card just as his teenage children were getting into the carpool for work. Now the car is sitting in front of mailbox for Sim hours with one teenage Sim with a work icon, and the other without, but both in the car. The father Sim is still away from the lot and showing as at work. What can I do?

Hopefully someone will come up with something better, but, if all else fails, can you quit without saving?
Mad Poster
#11499 Old 13th May 2013 at 12:26 AM
Force error?

Field Researcher
#11500 Old 13th May 2013 at 12:51 AM
I've never used force error. Does it involve clicking on the Sim or do you just type it in the cheat box?

The teenager who showed up as at work actually came home later, but her brother and father were still stuck. I ended up trying to summon them with the teleporter shrub, but that just seemed to make uncontrollable clones of them. After that, I deleted the clones and the carpool car with move-objects and exited and re-entered the lot and the father and son were normal again. I'll check for corruption in a bit, but hopefully that didn't break anything. If it did, it's a very new hood and I'm not too attached to it yet.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 460 of 1000