Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:28 PM
I accidentally pressed the tab button and it put me into camera mode -- but it also took my camera to wierd view -- kind of 3/4 top down -- how do I get it back to normal? I don't have any camera mods in -- would that help me move the camera -- that is one of the most furstrating things about play. :confused:
Advertisement
#52 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JanePstar
I forgot how to make my sims pass out on the floor. xp
Anyone got a answer for my lossed brain?

If you're playing a sim in UNI and they're in a greek house, they have the option to sleep on the floor, other than that they pass out on their own if their energy bar is too low
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pooklaroux
I accidentally pressed the tab button and it put me into camera mode -- but it also took my camera to wierd view -- kind of 3/4 top down -- how do I get it back to normal? I don't have any camera mods in -- would that help me move the camera -- that is one of the most furstrating things about play. :confused:

If you have the scroll bar, you can click that and move around and find your angle again.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grayx3eyedsoul
If you have the scroll bar, you can click that and move around and find your angle again.

scroll bar? there are no "scrolls bars" at the edges of the screen, it's just -- stuck. I tried pressing other keys -- judiciously -- like the arrow keys, and it moved me around laterally, but didn't change my view. I was afraid to just click around willynilly.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 8:35 PM
scroll bar? there are no "scrolls bars" at the edges of the screen, it's just -- stuck. I tried pressing other keys -- judiciously -- like the arrow keys, and it moved me around laterally, but didn't change my view. I was afraid to just click around willynilly.

If you pushed tab again to take you back to the "normal" mode, then press it again, and just move your mouse to get back to the angle you like. Then press tab to get you out of free camera mode.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 8:43 PM

The thing that is in the middle of your two mouse buttons.

Click that, then move your mouse around for your angle back.

That's what I do.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez1987
you arent supposed to hit delete alot of people cjoose reset or cancel... I choose reset and nothing ever happens it goes back to normalish, ha ha. and its not your whole neighborhood its just that lot. at least i hope so.
I hope you're right!!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:39 PM
Scroll wheel. :D
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
If you pushed tab again to take you back to the "normal" mode, then press it again, and just move your mouse to get back to the angle you like. Then press tab to get you out of free camera mode.

I think that worked Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:03 PM

Click that, then move your mouse around for your angle back.

That's what I do.

oh, okay -- I'm playing on a laptop with a touchpad, I'll play around with that for a while.

All the responses are great -- thank you so much!
Instructor
#61 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:23 PM
2 questions here-
1-My sim's cat ran away and his bars are completely red- I fear he will die. Is there anything I can do to either get him to come home or will he die while hes run away?

2- I downloaded FT from the site where you can buy them online. If I lose my internet connection due to random reasons can I still play? I know sometimes it asks for me to connect to the "download service" to verify- but wouldn't there be some sort of offline verification too? (and I am only asking cuz the internet is a "added expense" that might need to go due to the cost and we can't afford it)
Mad Poster
#62 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 10:37 PM
I can only suggest an answer for your first question.
I think if the pet was wearing a collar then you can report pets missing on the phone.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
Scroll wheel. :D

Huzzah!

Thank you, I was like..what do you call that?
Forum Resident
#64 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:15 AM
ok heres another stupid question. how do i become a vampire or one of those plant thingies?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:21 AM
I think for a plant sim you have to garden..alot. I think.
Vampire, you have to find grand/great vampire in a community lot and start a relatioship...or cheat.
Here, googled this: http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Vampire-in-Sims-2
Field Researcher
#66 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
2 questions here-
1-My sim's cat ran away and his bars are completely red- I fear he will die. Is there anything I can do to either get him to come home or will he die while hes run away?

2- I downloaded FT from the site where you can buy them online. If I lose my internet connection due to random reasons can I still play? I know sometimes it asks for me to connect to the "download service" to verify- but wouldn't there be some sort of offline verification too? (and I am only asking cuz the internet is a "added expense" that might need to go due to the cost and we can't afford it)

1. I'm not sure what expansion it's from, but you might be able to use "maxmotives" cheat until you can get him back.

2. You should be able to, but you might want to test it. If it won't work for you you can try to use the disk from a "stuff pack".

Good luck.
Forum Resident
#67 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:05 AM
thank you im gonna try it.
I think for a plant sim you have to garden..alot. I think.
Vampire, you have to find grand/great vampire in a community lot and start a relatioship...or cheat.
Here, googled this: http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Vampire-in-Sims-2
Instructor
#68 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:07 AM
I think I read somewhere that if a sim is alien pregnant and has a daughter, she doesn't get any alien genetics. This has happened twice in my game (out of the two times my sims have been alien pregnant, lol), so either its true or my game is glitched. Is there a hack to change that?

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#69 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:34 AM
I believe that certain genetics are dominant while others are recessive, I've had a sim get alien pregnant and they had a daughter with the alien skin and eyes, so I dont think it has anything to do with gender
Instructor
#70 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:44 AM
Hmm, well in both cases my sims' daughters came out with normal hair and eyes. In the first case, she did have biggish eyes, but they were a normal color.. In the second case, well.. I don't know yet, she's still a baby But she's not green, so.. :shrug:

edit - I aged her up to check things out, and she's just a clone of her dad I hope it's just a string of bad luck.. I guess I'll have to set up some alien bait and start making some test babies.

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
#71 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 11:26 AM
You could save right before the sim gives birth, and if the baby doesnt have the alien skin/eye color, just exit without saving and then re-enter the lot. The next time he gives birth the baby might look different. Thats what I always do when I don't get the baby I want
#72 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 11:56 AM
Ok dumb question, i have tried the link for suggestions on a Vampire i must have a glitch he wont turn my sim into a vampire, neither will the wolf with glowing eye bite his wife for her to be a werewolf, i am soooo trying, it's hard is there a potion? The gypsy walks past the lots also when they call her .....*has tried about everything i have or could do and serched at MATTY and here, no one has my issues though is it my BV i just got it and installed it or do they now need to be on a vacation or am i just glitched and bewildered?
Field Researcher
#73 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:11 PM
Okay, downtownie question. D;

I have downloaded new default face templates a while ago. Before making my sims, I used the deleteallcharacters cheat to get rid of the normal townies.

After that, I added a Downtown, assuming the sims there would automatically use the new face templates... but afterwards I noticed they didn't. They still have the ugly maxis ones. u__u;

So, here's my question. If I now use the deleteallcharacters cheat in Downtown, will that just delete the Downtownies or the sims in the normal neighbourhood too?

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 12:58 PM
I'm started to run very low on disk space in my C drive. I have a 500 GB external hard drive, would it be possible to move all of my massive Sims 2 files there or will I just have to re-install and lose everything?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 1:28 PM
Adrianics - I'm not sure about how just moving the files would work for running the game due to registry issues and such. I'll let those with more technical knowledge answer that one. As for losing things though...you can (and probably should anyway) back up your Sims 2 folder in your My Documents to a separate directory on your external drive....I usually just do a file copy over to another directory to make a backup. Then if you have to reinstall to the external drive, you'd still have all your files for your CC, neighborhoods, settings, etc. and could just copy them back over into the new installation and you won't have lost anything.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 3 of 1000