Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 12:02 AM
Default Skye's Sims3 Review
http://www.sterlingsims2.com/phpBB2...opic.php?t=1850

Hope you all enjoy it! Danny
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 4:02 AM
Thank you so much! I read it today and I enjoyed it very much!
#3 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 4:47 AM
Wouldn't that be a preview, not a review? Since it's not even hands-on or says what's good or bad with the game..
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:01 PM
It doesn't specifically say so, but it sounded hands on to me
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:09 PM
I think that this definition,
Quote:
re·view (rĭ-vyū')

v., -viewed, -view·ing, -views.

v.tr.
4 To write or give a critical report on (a new work or performance, for example).

fits better than this,
Quote:
pre·view also pre·vue (prē'vyū')
n.
3 An introductory or preliminary message, sample, or overview; a foretaste.

But, you know. Either or.
You had me curious though!
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:14 PM
*Looks at Dictionary Extracts*
...right...

The ARTICLE (:p) Has some great points, but i think I've seen too much, I'm going to want this game like crazy soon

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#7 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:31 PM
It does sound good so far. I am hoping that in the months to come they will elaborate more on the customization features of The Sims 3. I agree with people on that board, every sim player should be able to design their own hairstyles rather than having to download them! That would be awesome.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:48 PM
Hair and mesh creation is not going to get easier - it's just going to get harder, and I see no reason they would let us actually create them in-game when they can sell new content to us in EPs and SPs. From what I can see in the preview pics, hair, clothing, etc., are still based on bone assignments and uv mapping which aren't going to be things the average player can wrap their head around. Objects are still based on polygons and need to be properly mapped to be textured properly so again, ain't gonna happen.

There are some cool features they mentioned there though - like the save-sim bin.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#9 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:54 PM
and our friendly Green Aliens are *partly* confirmed too,

Quote:
...with it! Skin-tones (pale to green), muscle-tone and eye color are on sliders, hair has 4 different parts to customize; roots, base, tips and hi-lights.. There are now slots for shoes, jewelry, gloves, socks and stockings. All facial and...

:p

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
*Looks at Dictionary Extracts*
...right...

I can't appologise for liking words. :p
As for TS3... I can't get over the eyebrows on Simmies. I really won't be able to wait to use some nice custom genetics, assuming some will be released. But you know, playing with them and seeing them animated might make the world of difference.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 3:40 PM
I've seen too much! I want it like crazy now. lol at the rubber duck taxi drivers
Alchemist
#12 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Algalara
I've seen too much! I want it like crazy now. lol at the rubber duck taxi drivers

I know. I'm not even playing TS2 as much anymore because of all the goodies coming in TS3
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 3:04 AM
If you have any realistic requests, post them at Sterlings and Skye will ask them. EA listens to her very closely lol Danny
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 4:45 AM
Well, I read somewhere in one of the reviews that the Zodiac signs were currently not in the game but if we demand it to be it could be possible. I am not so sure if I want them back. I don't like how I when I want to be a Gemini I'm limited to neat 4 or 5 and I can't be higher than that. If we do get them back, I hope we can possess any trait and choose any Zodiac sign.
Alchemist
#15 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:17 PM
I've never seen any point to the zodiac signs.
Theorist
#16 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 12:23 PM
Good pre-sets?
I personally want the same as Frankie, I'm not super-duper active and I AM Sagittarius! :p
I want another age group, They did it with Uni so its not impossible, Pre-Teen - Its a Must. I can see why people want a "Pre-Child" age, But personally I think the age span is fine for them. The audience is focused for "(12-UK) 13"s and thats the main age for them, where things like adolescence are just beginning to start *IE the 'Teen age'*

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#17 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 1:22 AM
Personally, I'm shocked that the preteen age was not added. Preteen and middle-age were indeed the two most requested ages to be added. And we only got one of them. If preteen could be added, then I would feel like it is more complete than now. Unless they are working on it being a surprise? That would be cool.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 1:44 AM
So if they have a young adult lifestage that means University will be apart of the base game I think the wind is neat also. I can't wait for the came to come out. I'm really curious about the price though. Lets just hope it isn't too pricey lol.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 1:50 AM
No, it doesn't have anything to do with University, it's just the new name of the default adult stage. They are basically when Sims 2 adults currently are and adults are now the new middle age group. Young adults can marry and have kids.
Alchemist
#20 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:17 AM
Maybe instead of doing The Sims 3 University, they'll do The Sims 3 Junior High, and give us a preteen age. :laugh:
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Maybe instead of doing The Sims 3 University, they'll do The Sims 3 Junior High, and give us a preteen age. :laugh:

They might as well put in the basegame from the start. College is optional for many people but junior high is not or at least should't be. Parents might say they are encouraging school dropout.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 12:09 AM
Yeah, preteens is an age where it should not be in an EP, it must be in the base game because then it will interfere when you add a new age that is required to use. YA's in Sims 2 weren't required to use because college was not required. Preteens on the other hand would have to be required because everyone in the world has been a preteen or will be at some point. Maybe they stated all the ages for now to see how much more of a demand there will be for a preteen age? I know, it's definitely wishful thinking. But one can only hope at this early stage of the game!

Actually, to make the span complete, it could go like this:

Baby
Toddler
Young Child
Child
Young Teen (Preteen)
Teen
Young Adult
Adult
Elder

Just thought to keep the young part of the name for certain groups to make it easier. I know the newer ones I added won't be in the game but at least preteen would be nice.
#23 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 2:00 AM
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

-Sigh-
Alchemist
#24 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 2:16 AM
I was being sarcastic about the preteen age being included in an EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie

Actually, to make the span complete, it could go like this:

Baby
Toddler
Young Child
Child
Young Teen (Preteen)
Teen
Young Adult
Adult
Elder

Personally, this sounds like too many age groups. LOL I can understand a Preteen stage but I don't see what a young child could do. Kids in TS2 are already so limited-can't cook, can't have crushes, can't do a lot of things-so what would a Young Child be able to do if they were to enhance the Toddler and Child stage? I think the Preteen and Middle Aged stage is necessary since the Child to Teen and Adult to Elder transition is so drastic but the Toddler to Child isn't.

While it does sound uber cute, I don't think the Young Child stage would serve much purpose except help Mommy with chores (something Toddlers should be able to do), have play dates (Toddlers again), or own coloring books (both Toddlers and Kids).

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Page 1 of 2