Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrootLoop
I think everyone's focussing too much on the graphics. There's no way EA can top the amazing difference of going from 2D to 3D, so why even try?...I for one can't wait to find out more about the gameplay and the new AI.
Quote: Originally posted by spatulageekgirl
People are so negative and unreceptive to change.
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
Why do people have such unrealistic expectations?

What is this? Reason? Patience? The desire to wait and see how we feel about the game until we've actually been able to see the real thing? These are Sims 3 threads! GTFO logical people!
Advertisement
#27 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
I don't even consider it dumbing down and not sure how filling their bladder/hunger/comfort/etc meters was ever considered "smart" gameplay. There's no strategy or skill involved in it so why is taking it out "dumbing down" the game?

My point exactly. See, it's not that I find motives difficult, but they keep me from enjoying what I love about TS2 that just isn't in TS1. I love playing legacy challenges, fulfilling wants, observing Sim personalities, etc. If my sim is busy taking a dump in the restroom, I don't get to do those things.
Like the gamemakers said, Sims 3 should be a relaxed, fun game that everyone can play, not a stressful busy game where you're constantly taking care of motive after motive.

LOL, snspinelli!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by snspinelli
What is this? Reason? Patience? The desire to wait and see how we feel about the game until we've actually been able to see the real thing? These are Sims 3 threads! GTFO logical people!

LOL. Sorry, I shall take my logic elsewhere :D
Mad Poster
#29 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:35 AM
I personally like the fact that we get moodlets and the changed needs system. If I'm going to get to have the pleasure to run around town (and mind you, 90 lots total to explore) then why do I want to spend more time peeing or showering and less time exploring the huge town? Keep in mind that if we were to have the needs system the same way as in TS1/2, we would not be able to explore much of the new gameplay nor would we have much time to explore the new town which is very huge and I think people keep forgetting how huge the town really is. It's literally the size of a real-life small town. Your Sim to walk from one end of town to the other will take forever! That is partially why the needs system had to be revamped. Besides, as it's been stated many times... no human on earth has a percentage of how much or less they have to pee, so the new system is more realistic. Yes, so it's a notification telling you that your Sim has to pee. Well? How is that unreal? It's just as if the Sim itself were saying they had to pee, only that it has to notify us otherwise we would never know and then they would wet themselves. And remember that now when Sims wet themselves, they can feel embarrassed about it and never want to talk to any other Sim until they get over the embarrassment. That, too, is very real.

I have no complaints so far, the only disappoint really was the no-'hood-creation-in-the-basegame deal, but I got over it after knowing that we will still have a tool for that. The game is not close to being done, people, so we should try our hardest to be positive and see how the game ends up being. Remember that we don't even know half the things that the game will include. We will get more info in the coming months.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 5:26 AM
Personally, I happy with The Sims 2. I'm not really looking forward to The Sims 3, I'm too afraid it'll be too taxing on my computer. I had to buy an entirely new computer just to play The Sims 2 when it came out.
Alchemist
#31 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tatygirl90
Personally, I happy with The Sims 2. I'm not really looking forward to The Sims 3, I'm too afraid it'll be too taxing on my computer. I had to buy an entirely new computer just to play The Sims 2 when it came out.

Every story on the development on TS3 says their making it with being able to play it on older computers. I don't think that's something you'll have to worry about
Mad Poster
#32 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 4:21 AM
I know, that is why I applaud EA for being so generous to our computers.
#33 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tatygirl90

The Sims 2 came out four years ago now, you will HAVE to upgrade your computer around the time The Sims 3 comes out anyway, if you want to be able to run any new games or even programs. 3-5 years is around the average for people to buy new computers, or upgrade an existing computer.
#34 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:08 AM
The game play is the most important part of the game and the way the computer handles the game. The graphics is to make it look good whilst you play it. With the few pictures I seen what the game looks like when the game comes out I bet you within a year time when it comes out, they will look different. When the first time I seen the pics, It looks alright by me said only the sims looks more eastern then western.

With the game being a free flowing game (I hope) then a sandbox game like The Sims1 and 2 games I hope they chose or make a game engine that is not too taxing on a computer.

My average frame rate for The Sims2 game is around about 45fps and it will get up to 60. With all the graphics including shading set on high with medium view, with nothing at the background with short fade. My screen resolution on the game is 1280x1024 for a 17 inch screen.

Gerza71
#35 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by livingstonekat
The game right now gets a little boring if your sim is always happy, but hopefully in sims 3 there will be a lot more to do than just pee and eat and sleep

Start having affairs in your game and try not to get busted.

Gerza71
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gerza71
Start having affairs in your game and try not to get busted.

Gerza71

That is soooo TS1
Mad Poster
#37 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 4:25 AM
Actually, speaking of that, I hope the relationships won't be so boring and predictable where it's too easy to maintain and it's always so perfect to where you have to mess it up yourself to change anything.
#38 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 3:07 PM
The screenshots are pretty good...except for the sims....they look awful as usual.....but the lighting and the cars and furnitures look awesome.....otherwise even the town looks very nice....
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:24 AM
Hello? This whole thing is like, hullaballomo. << Meaning, What's the point on arguing at the moment? Why not argue AFTER the game is done? And we understand more? There are like, thirty or so screenshots up alltogether. You don't see the whole game. >.> Stop the pointless arguing.

NYAN NYAN NYAN, your point has been mooted.
Instructor
#40 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:35 AM
The things that have me sold are the seamless neighborhood and more personality possibilities. Having a seamless neighborhood is a huge deal! I do hope they release the game with better skin and brows. Oh and hair texture. I'm sure there'll be lots of cc though.
#41 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoovermindox
* The screens show very identical looking "pretty sims." Cookie cutter is not cool. They'd better include a face slider that allows careful changes, this time, even closer to oblivion's facegen, where you can actually set the shape of a nostril without the nose turning into a disgusting wonky hook.

* At a glance, the graphics fail to convey that there's been a technological jump of about five years. It's easy to convince yourself that you're looking at Sims 2 screens.

Pretty? I dunno... most of the screenshot sims resemble human-shaped hamsters in my opinion. So on that point, I think I'll stick to S2 genetics. And the graphics do look pretty poor- overall, I get the nagging feeling that all they've really done is shoved all the S2 Eps together, cranked up the polys so older machines can't play it, and used a few 'new features' to crank up the price tag and get more money from us.

But here's hoping the outfits are a bit less fugly. And that we can use CC. Lots of CC.
Alchemist
#42 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babicatz05
The things that have me sold are the seamless neighborhood and more personality possibilities. Having a seamless neighborhood is a huge deal! I do hope they release the game with better skin and brows. Oh and hair texture. I'm sure there'll be lots of cc though.

the seamless neighborhood is what I'm most excited about. I can live with the simmies not being super models as long as that loading screen is history
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 10:40 PM
By the images available at the site I am a bit excited... just a little. I am just hoping I dont have to wait till i get a new computer to get the new sims3 game. I am not such and addict lol.

But I think I am more excited about the apartments expansion at this point than sims 3
they have just been turning out expansions and stuff packs so quickly lately, to soon for a whole new set up. but that is just my economic speal.

IN WAR, PRAY OVER THE DEAD AND RIDE ON, FOR THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FIGHT ON THE HORIZON.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:11 AM
Time to move on, folks, so it's best to get adapted to that fact sooner or later. Sims 3 is official, it's not getting canceled... why should it? And like so many people mentioned, Sims 3 doesn't mean that you have to throw Sims 2 away and quit playing. We have plenty of EP's and SP's to be busy with Sims 2.
#45 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
And like so many people mentioned, Sims 3 doesn't mean that you have to throw Sims 2 away and quit playing.

I agree with you....but when the CCs or EPs or SPs of sims 3 are out, chances of playing sims 2 will decrease considerably (it's my opinion)........
#46 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 4:36 PM
My chances of playing the Sims 2 will be equal to playing the Sims 3 once I own the Sims 3. With Sims 3 being newer and possibly more interesting, I would be more likely to choose to play it. Although I won't throw out the Sims 2 completely, just like I still have the Sims on here. I recently spent a day trying to get Betty Newbie to become a Superstar. I do agree with Frankie though, "Time to move on".
#47 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoovermindox

Overall, much of this should have been implemented initially. This, so far looks like Sims 2.2, and the worst part is, it's going to laugh at any machine that tries to run it. My current machine can throw parties with 40+ people on max settings. So much for realism.

I don't share your pessimism, and think what you suggest should have been "implemented initially" has actually grown over time, like a process of development. The Sims is an interesting game to follow that way, its changing with every new version. Who could have known, playing Sims 1, that Sims 2 would become a reality at all ? Or that a Sims 3 should ever be made?
I'm looking forward to a Sims 4 and 5 too , if you see what I mean, but I think Sims 3 is going to be very different from Sims 2 in many ways, not just a 2.2 version.

Not all peoples machines can do what yours can. I'm very happy they´re not making Sims 3 above reach for my old "Molly". (yes, my comp has a name too...)
Mad Poster
#48 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:30 AM
Why don't people ever believe that EA is trying their hardest to be generous to our computers? I have stated this a million times and people still never seem to believe it. Sure, the graphics are going to at least be higher than Sims 2, but Sims 3 is also being guaranteed to be playable on older machines, as it has been stated in articles. I understand that some things get left behind from early development to the release, but this is not one of those things. This is different than that. EA now knows that after mentioning that Sims 3 will be playable on many older computers, they pretty much have to keep their word to avoid this turning out to be a lie. Yes, I know EA lies at times but this I'm sure won't be. I mean, it's not like they have to do all that much to make the game playable.
#49 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:36 AM
Maybe initially sims 3 will be generous to our old computers...but when the sims 2 EP's came out.....each of them wanted a better system requirement than the original sims 2....so with the sims 3 EP's coming out the system requirements will be much higher!!!!
Mad Poster
#50 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:41 AM
Well yes and I understand that, seriously. I mean of course newer and better systems will be recommended for ultimate experience of Sims 3, but at least with EA saying that the game will be playable on older computers could in fact mean that it will be like The Sims 2 where you get various graphic options/levels which will bet set to low. Even as good as my PC is, it still isn't as fast as it could be for Sims 2 when all the graphics options are set to high, but it's very fast when they are set to low. But that could just be because I still have the default video card that the PC came with.
Page 2 of 2