Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 3:35 PM
Would you like a new update on Pleasantview in TS3?
I would! I would!

The way I'd like to see Pleasantview in TS3:

- Mortimer has passed on, Dina is a wealthy bitchy widow. And possibly involved with Don Lothario.
- Cassandra is married to Darren Dreamer and has a baby.
- Alexander is an adult (or in College ... I think it would be cool if they integrated college into the main neighborhood, especially since they are talking about it being one expansive neighborhood ... then if you choose, you can just treat college like you would work, and you progress through it as quickly as you can the levels of a job. If you're SMRT, you can get through it fast. Otherwise, you might be on the 5-7 year plan ).
- Nina's doing ... something, lol.
- Daniel and Mary Sue are divorced.
- The twins are grown up along with Darren and Dustin and are starting families. Maybe Mary Sue is living with Lilith and Darren. Since they hate each other, that would make it interesting.
- Brandi is remarried or something like that.
- Most importantly ... Bella Goth mysteriously reappears!

What do you think? How would you like them to turn out? Or do you not want Pleasantview back again at all? What about the other neighborhoods -- would you like them to be updated, too?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 3:55 PM
Well, whatever Maxis decides the storyline is going to be, I don't really care, since they're usually pretty interesting anywayz. I would definitely want Brandi's storyline continued, since her parents were the Newbies, and the Goths have to continue too, of course.
I'd also like to see a continuation of Strangetown. Those characters really grow on you. :D
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 4:07 PM
Yes, I really love Strangetown. I live Veronaville too, but Strangetown is so bizarre. Actually, sort of unrelated, but I hope Sims can travel between neighborhoods. That's something I've always wished we could do.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 4:13 PM
This sounds good...that would be an awesome update!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:02 PM
Sorry to say that but if maxis makes a remake of only Pleasantview and not Strangetown and Veronaville, I will boycott the whole game! I think it is biased and idiotic, especially since not all simmers have Pleasantview as their nr 1 favourite (some prefer Strangetown or Veronaville). If maxis are going to remake a neighborhood the smartest thing to do (what I would do if I owned the game) is to remake all the 3 neighborhood instead of risking losing fans!
It kinda annoys me that some simmers (I'm not talking about any specific person) see Pleasantview as the only hood/the major hood or the only important hood. Yes, Bella, Cass and Morty were in TS1 but Darren Dreamer, Don Lothario and Nina Caliente weren't. So I see no reason why they should remake only one neighborhood and not all three. Don Lothario is no more relevant to TS1 than Pascal Curious so I don't see why they should remake only Pleasantview. Did they make Pleasantview to continue it until The Sims 10 while Strangetown and Veronaville were only made to throw away?
#6 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:09 PM
I think I'd like to see Pleasantview and Strangetown thrown in together as part of one big neighborhood! (They can put Veronaville in too, for Oceanborn. I would just delete those families. Hehe) Actually I would kind of like to see them continue the neighborhoods, but I think it would be difficult to decide how many years have passed since the Sims 2. Some people could have played them 8 generations while others might have only played them for 2 generations. No matter what the do with them, it will not be like what the players have done, as everyone has done something different. That's one of the things I love about this game. I've even played out several different scenarios with Pleasantview over the years. (I have a tendancy to restart the neighborhood every couple months or so.)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Feenkitty
I think I'd like to see Pleasantview and Strangetown thrown in together as part of one big neighborhood! (They can put Veronaville in too, for Oceanborn. I would just delete those families. Hehe) Actually I would kind of like to see them continue the neighborhoods, but I think it would be difficult to decide how many years have passed since the Sims 2. Some people could have played them 8 generations while others might have only played them for 2 generations. No matter what the do with them, it will not be like what the players have done, as everyone has done something different. That's one of the things I love about this game. I've even played out several different scenarios with Pleasantview over the years. (I have a tendancy to restart the neighborhood every couple months or so.)

Honestly I don't want a Veronaville to play with (being sarcastic?). I would probably delete it. It's Strangetown I want! But I would want maxis to make a Veronaville remake for the loyal Veronaville simmers just as they should remake Strangetown and Pleasantview for the ones who play them.
I don't want the three neighborhoods thrown together but I want to be able to throw neighborhoods together. The three hoods are losing a lot of their charm by throwing them together. I imagine Strangetown to be FAR from Pleasantview (maybe as far as from NYC to California or Texas) so it would destroy a lot if Lilith Pleasant brought home Ripp Grunt half a continent away from school!
I don't know how many generations it would take but I guess they are going to continue the way they have done. One generation. Like they did with the Goths. And the thing I would love most was if they didn't change it at all. Why not make a remake of the neighborhoods and sims exactly like they were in TS2?
#8 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:27 PM
I think an update is inevitable . . .
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmarSAcharya
I think an update is inevitable . . .

You mean age update? Yes..... When I think of it it feels a bit tame to play the same "Bella is still missing" storyline. They should at least skip 10-15 years forwards. What should happen to Bella? I would love to see her married to General Buzz Grunt in Strangetown (as she is in my game).
Scholar
#10 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
I would! I would!

The way I'd like to see Pleasantview in TS3:

- Mortimer has passed on, Dina is a wealthy bitchy widow. And possibly involved with Don Lothario.
- Cassandra is married to Darren Dreamer and has a baby.
- Alexander is an adult (or in College ... I think it would be cool if they integrated college into the main neighborhood, especially since they are talking about it being one expansive neighborhood ... then if you choose, you can just treat college like you would work, and you progress through it as quickly as you can the levels of a job. If you're SMRT, you can get through it fast. Otherwise, you might be on the 5-7 year plan ).
- Nina's doing ... something, lol.
- Daniel and Mary Sue are divorced.
- The twins are grown up along with Darren and Dustin and are starting families. Maybe Mary Sue is living with Lilith and Darren. Since they hate each other, that would make it interesting.
- Brandi is remarried or something like that.
- Most importantly ... Bella Goth mysteriously reappears!

What do you think? How would you like them to turn out? Or do you not want Pleasantview back again at all? What about the other neighborhoods -- would you like them to be updated, too?

Hmmm... I don't think in your idea that much time would have passed between Sims2-3. Between 1-2 there was 25 years, it could only be a few months even weeks passed between 2-3 for your idea.

Personally, I'd like to see most of the characters in Sims2 either old or passed on, still following the Maxis storylines, and the story following the kids of the Sims2 pre-mades; maybe some of the families have moved to other neighbourhoods? Or new ones added? I'd love the Goths to stay, with Cassandra just passed on and Alexander quite old at least. I'd want to see that quite a bit of time has passed, otherwise Sims3 will be too similar in terms of story to Sims2 and I would have the feeling that not much has changed/happened since Sims2.

I would want the 3 main neighbourhoods to still be there, and possibly R.H as a sub-hood (R.H. being I think the weakest one in terms of storyline). Romeo and Juliet should either be dead or very old (perhaps one of them already dead?). But the whole Capp/Monty thing should be solved, and a sub-family to a new main plot; Summerdreams, or a new family, perhaps?

Strangetown could be made more interesting and more diverse - also made bigger!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 5:44 AM
Well, honestly, I play all three but I actually like Veronaville. Bianca is always the first Sim I play since she is the only single Sim family in the bin and it's great as a test family for new EP's. But yeah, I think if the residents of all three 'hoods were to continue, they need to be much, much older with some having passed on.
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:36 PM
I always pick Bianca to play with first in Veronaville, I find Bianca/Kent much more interesting as a Capp vs. Monty storyline than Romeo and Juliet.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 11:13 PM
Me, too! Plus they are adults so they can have their own homes.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Sorry to say that but if maxis makes a remake of only Pleasantview and not Strangetown and Veronaville, I will boycott the whole game! I think it is biased and idiotic, especially since not all simmers have Pleasantview as their nr 1 favourite (some prefer Strangetown or Veronaville).

That is a bit drastic. I think Maxis will prioritize Pleasantview simply because of two of its families has their roots in Sims 1 so I expect them to continue the family story into Sims 3.

What they will do with the other families is anybody's guess. Not all families from Sims 1 made a appearance in Sims 2, the Valentino for example did not appear.

Maxis will not be able please everybody. They will disappoint some by leaving something from Sims 2 out.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:50 PM
I really want a Pleasantview in TS3. Its my favorite town because its interesting, and crazy. So I would love a update. I dont however want just predictable stuff. Like the twins married to their boyfriends. Thats kinda obvious. Unless they put some kind of twist on it.

And I could see maybe having Alexander Goth become his father. Rich and cute, and maybe still trying to find his Bella. That would be interesting.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Maybe the twins married each other's boyfriend?

DUN DUN DUN

That would be interesting, and kinda crazy.

I could see Mary Sue and Daniel divorced and hating each other. And maybe Daniel is living broke with Kaylynn the made or something(his punishment for cheating)!

As for Nina and Dina... I dont know what to say about them!

I see Brandy Broke old and living with one of her sons and their family.

And I see Lucy Burb growing up and becoming a female... Don Lathario!!!
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:59 PM
I think that Sims 3 won't have any of the characters we're familiar with. I'm sure there will be new sims with new stories.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrawberryKisses
That would be interesting, and kinda crazy.

I could see Mary Sue and Daniel divorced and hating each other. And maybe Daniel is living broke with Kaylynn the made or something(his punishment for cheating)!

As for Nina and Dina... I dont know what to say about them!

I see Brandy Broke old and living with one of her sons and their family.

And I see Lucy Burb growing up and becoming a female... Don Lathario!!!

How about Pleasantview 2 : Scandal Ville ?

Don marries Cassandra but is having two secret affairs with both Caliente sisters.

Dina marries Mortimer for the money but is secretly having an affair with Don and carrying his child.

Nina moves in with the Goth and continues her affair with Don and is impregnated by him.

Cassandra discovers Don's affairs and in retaliation, starts an affair with Darren Dreamer and is having his child.

Sue maintains the image of a happy marriage for her career but is having an affair with Darren Dreamer in response to her husband's affair.

Brandi Broke knew all the secrets and secretly blackmailed everyone, retiring rich.

This is getting off topic.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:02 PM
I wouldn't mind if we had completely new families. Besides, the name has been changed in TS3. It's not Pleasantview anymore, so it makes me wonder if we will get brand new families and no old ones.
#20 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
I think that Sims 3 won't have any of the characters we're familiar with. I'm sure there will be new sims with new stories.

This is what I'm hoping for now. I think it would be too hard to continue the stories. Everyone has done something different and if they continue I'm sure it will be completely different than what I did with them. I also think it fits in with the feel that the Sims 3 is a completely different game. Besides, if I want the Goths or Pleasants, I could always recreate them myself just as many have created Sims 1 in the Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:12 PM
They continued in from TS1 to TS2 because it was easy and TS2 introduced us to aging and generations, so it could go easily.
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:20 PM
Color me crazy, but I'd actually like to see an original Pleasantview (though I do love the Calientes). I miss the original Goth family. I would love to play them "as was" in TS1.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:30 PM
I doubt they would be taking a step backwards, lol.
#24 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:36 PM
I, personally, would like to see a bit of a role reversal between the Goths and the Brokes.

Perhaps Dina and Mortimer do get married and she ends up squandering the Goth fortune which eventually leads the family into poverty.

Then maybe Brandi ends/ed up winning the lottery and/or become a famous chef sending her family into fame and fortune.

I think that would be interesting
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 8:39 PM
I actually had thought about Brandy getting a new life out of poverty. When I play her family in TS2, I always ressurect Skip and make them together again and move them in a nice home with more money.
Page 1 of 3