Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
neglected as Desiderata

EXCUUUUSE ME!?!?!? Desiderata Valley, neglected!? You are insane, aren't you! :vikingb:
Advertisement
#27 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
This is a bad joke, but...

...Everyone mysteriously dies. But Bella Goth somehow returns--with a evil grin! What has happened?

Maybe it was the aliens plans all along. They tormented her, threatened her with evil space weapons, causing her to become *dramatic music plays* .....
PLAY THE SIMS 3 TO FIND OUT
Field Researcher
#28 Old 27th Apr 2008 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kzakel
EXCUUUUSE ME!?!?!? Desiderata Valley, neglected!? You are insane, aren't you! :vikingb:

I'm sorry. I thought Desiderata was neglected but I am wrong. I do LOVE the Contrarys but I feel that the Desiderata families don't have the same depth as Pleasantview and Strangetown. Hmm...... I only guessed that DV was neglected because it came shipped with an EP and not the main game. And the other EP hood (Riverblossom Hills) is kinda neglected compared to the original base game hoods. But I have seen in the meantime that Desiderata Valley ain't neglected at all.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 12:57 PM
Apprently in the making of TS2 they deleted Bella by mistake and did'nt have enough time to bring her back so they came up with all this 'kidnapped' thing.I think if the kidnapped thing wasnt here the goths would'nt be as popular, yes they we're in the TS1 and Momiter's[sp] parents were in TS1 but Brandi Broke's parents wre in TS1 ( Bob & Betty Newbie) but she's not as popluar as the Goths.
Anyway i think the should forget Bella but maybe EA will bring her back as a elder. But i want a whole lot of new sims! Maybe to link the games together just have Dunstin Broke or Anglea Plesant or Julliette Capp Or Alexander Gother as a elder.
But i don't no, we will just have to wait till we play TS3!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Instructor
#30 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 1:12 PM
I think the polls on Thesims2.com are a little more than just polls. They had a poll about which expansion people would like and they said Apartments and lo and behold, Apartments is coming out. One of the more recent polls was which is your favorite neighborhood. Unfortunately (for me), Pleasentview won by a landslide. So i'm betting they're going to stick with the suburban theme for awhile.

I hope they make references to TS1 still. Kind of a nod at the people who actually have been playing the game since it first came out. I never end up playing any of the already in game characters, but it's still nice that they do that.

I would be suprised if they didn't mention the goths, but I doubt it will be as big of a thing as in TS2. They'll probably focus more on the Caliente's or even Don or something.

Judging by the poll that said pleasentview was the favorite, I doubt they'll include much from Strangetown or Veronaville. They came in a far last to even Riverblossom and Desiderata.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 6:53 PM
I am sorry to say you are wrong. Pleasantview has not been in TS1. The Goth family has and the Newbies (Brandi Broke's parents). The other Pleasantview families and Pleasantview as a neighborhood are just as irrelevant to TS1 as the Strangetown and Veronaville families.

Sorry, you're wrong. You forgot the Pleasants; they've been there since The Sims and were available as a family to move in from the sim bin. They like the Brokes and Goth have expanded from the original family.
Scholar
#32 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 9:31 PM
I am sorry to say you are wrong. Pleasantview has not been in TS1. The Goth family has and the Newbies (Brandi Broke's parents). The other Pleasantview families and Pleasantview as a neighborhood are just as irrelevant to TS1 as the Strangetown and Veronaville families.

Don't forget the Pleasants - they where in TS1 too. So thats three families from TS1 in Pleasant view... which is more that the other neighbourhoods, which has a grand total of zero.

EDIT: Didn't see Anyerfillag's post above, sorry!

Anywho, I'm not overly bothered about Bella. I never played her story anyway. I would like it if she's included, or maybe at least Alexander is.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:53 PM
I still say Bella is an alien who wiped out Pleasantview

But now we know that there's only one 'hood in the game, there's no guarantee that there's still a Goth family in it.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:28 AM
I want a Pleasantview SuperRace of Don Lothario's multiple offspring
#35 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:39 AM
I think there should just be a cemetary with some of the more popular characters [Cassandra, Don, Nina, Dina, Mortimer, Lilith, Angela, etc.]

Then maybe Bella could just remain a random townie. That way, it's like she's immortal or something.
#36 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 3:47 AM
Oh, I adore the Bella thing. I'm making a fanfic of it soon ^_^

And obviously, I <3 pleasantview because...
wellll....
I live in it. Pleasantview, Canada <3 Harhar.

I hope we finally get some closure with the whole bell mystery.

And yeah, I played desiderata until I filled it to the brim with useless families and moved on to Verona.
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 2:39 PM
I hope not, that would get annoying
I hope we get all new characters
#38 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
Instead, they should have storylines involving the existing TS2 characters.
Quote: Originally posted by durene
I hope not, that would get annoying
I hope we get all new characters

I go somewhat between this two lines. For some reasons I'd love to have the old TS2-TS1 characters in TS3. I like pre-made families/ties/dramas and it would add a lot of continuity to the saga.
Yet, I'm pretty positive we wont get any of the older family in TS3, for one simple reason.
In TS1 there was no such thing as aging. Pre-made families were supposed to be exactly the same..forever, and the only way to change it was killing the sims (!) by setting them on fire or something like that.
This made possible to bring TS1 families in TS2.
But, in TS2, gamers had a whole lot of new chances to change pre-made families! From their looks to their life, making them grow up, getting married, having kids, dying etc.
Every sims-player choose a different life path for their sims. I have myself choosen very different lives every time I re-started TS2 from scratch!
Wouldn't it be weird to have TS2 characters like Bella Goth or her children, since they would probably never had the life *we* decided back in TS2?
Edit: btw, I think I saw in some screenshot the name of OFB's Malcom Landgraab.

Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
Apprently in the making of TS2 they deleted Bella by mistake and did'nt have enough time to bring her back so they came up with all this 'kidnapped' thing.I think if the kidnapped thing wasnt here the goths would'nt be as popular, yes they we're in the TS1 and Momiter's[sp] parents were in TS1 but Brandi Broke's parents wre in TS1 ( Bob & Betty Newbie) but she's not as popluar as the Goths.
I've never knew about this! This would explain a lot tho.
Anyone ever thought that Bob&Betty Newbie were supposed to be in the game along Brandi? Whe you look trought the Brokes' family album, there are pictures of baby Brandi and adults Bob and Betty, wich led my to think that maybe the producers wanted to have the Newbie family in the game as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Anyerfillag
Sorry, you're wrong. You forgot the Pleasants; they've been there since The Sims and were available as a family to move in from the sim bin. They like the Brokes and Goth have expanded from the original family.
Quote: Originally posted by Ferret II
Don't forget the Pleasants - they where in TS1 too.
:O I don't remember about them! My poor memory..!!

(forget my english, I'm particularly wasted today!)
#39 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 5:10 AM
There is no Bella Goth mystery. The Sims has no storyline other than the one in your head.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 3:15 AM
Bella will be there. TS3 is a prequel to TS1. All the adults from TS1 are kids in TS3. Note the following screenshot name on the official site:

pcSCRNmortbell_big.jpg

Bella and Mortimer are the children playing in that shot.
Larger version (link to Snooty Sims).
#41 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iryl
Bella will be there. TS3 is a prequel to TS1. All the adults from TS1 are kids in TS3. Note the following screenshot name on the official site:

pcSCRNmortbell_big.jpg

Bella and Mortimer are the children playing in that shot.
Larger version (link to Snooty Sims).

I just wanted to say this! haha TS3 is a prequel indeed. I read al these ideas of the bella mystery and how it would proceed in TS3 and i thougt. Do they still not know that TS3 is a prequel to TS1.

But okay now you guys know.. :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 10:44 PM
I agree there. She is fascinating but there are other mysteries in the game that are just as "mysterious and fascinating" which are totally ignored. Just go to Olive Specter's home in Strangetown. Did she kill all those people? Why ain't the Olive mystery just as popular????

I killer her and her daughter
Instructor
#43 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:53 AM
the bella mystery annoyed me. for a start bella is going to be alive at the same time as her great decendants according to family tree, no one thought of that did they?
nah the bella mystery was annoying becuase the truth is there is no answer, except t'ere is a bella in strangetown and that just make things worse.
SO no I think bella mystery was a mistake, it's flawed it overall sucks
(I am thinking about spawning Bella in the future were she will meet her great desendant after being taken into the future by the aliens who abducted her. good idea actually, thanks for the topic I never would of thought of it other wise)

edit: oh and about the olive specter mystery, Nervous subject is her and the grim reapers child and I always thought that she just had bad luck and people happened to accidently die around her, like a curse or somethign
#44 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:10 AM
Nooo...i doubt it.
As someone said before; They will have new characters.
On the sims 3 website i read the blog of the lady who is
in charge of creating the plots and characters, and
she didn't mention anything about bella goth.
Thank God.

Edit: nevermind, i read somewhere that
they were making bella as a little girl.

nyehh.
D:
#45 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slipknot93
edit: oh and about the olive specter mystery, Nervous subject is her and the grim reapers child and I always thought that she just had bad luck and people happened to accidently die around her, like a curse or somethign

Really? o_O
I never knew that.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:57 PM
I hope they include young Brandi and Skip - always wanted to set them up for another fall
#47 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 5:26 PM
bella is probaly dead by now
Page 2 of 2