Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:39 AM
I hate jack Black, he just seems obnoxious(the only movie I like is Shallow Hal)

I love Adam Sandler & Jim Carrey, have you watched 8 Crazy Nights?Its so rudely funny!

Oh, I hate Disney's HSM casts, because HSM is so fake, I know musicals are filled with songs & dances, but in HSM2 when Troy is mad when he found out about Sharpay's plan, he stromed out to the golf field and sung & dances alone!(I thought he was going to get Sharpay and punch her in the face, or at least sung taunting song to her)

I hate Justin Timberlake too, for no reason(except looking stupid in movies is one)
Advertisement
#52 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anyerfillag
I don't know - I'm not the sort of person to stalk people JUST to see if they're doing the right thing Just because actors/actresses like the ones I mentioned don't give to charity that you see means they're plastic? You have some seriously mucked up logic! Do YOU go after people to make sure they're giving money to random people in the street? If not, then how do YOU know they're not giving their money away? A fine example of someone who gave money for charity was a guy called Jeremy Beadle - he was a TV presenter and a comedian who sadly passed away here in the UK last year. It wasn't until his death that we knew as a country that he had donated and raised millions for different charities because...guess what...it was done in private! What are we to know what famous people do in their private lives...because its their PRIVATE lives!

I completely agree - Pux-80's can never be pleased because neither way works in her favour or how SHE thinks things should work.

Some people will believe what they want, despite all the evidence in front of them.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 5:51 AM
I don't know - I'm not the sort of person to stalk people JUST to see if they're doing the right thing Just because actors/actresses like the ones I mentioned don't give to charity that you see means they're plastic? You have some seriously mucked up logic! Do YOU go after people to make sure they're giving money to random people in the street? If not, then how do YOU know they're not giving their money away? A fine example of someone who gave money for charity was a guy called Jeremy Beadle - he was a TV presenter and a comedian who sadly passed away here in the UK last year. It wasn't until his death that we knew as a country that he had donated and raised millions for different charities because...guess what...it was done in private! What are we to know what famous people do in their private lives...because its their PRIVATE lives!

I completely agree - Pux-80's can never be pleased because neither way works in her favour or how SHE thinks things should work.

Kay, First....I'M A GUY!
I like the kind of people that donate privately. No media whatsoever knowing untill their untimely death.
But most stars donate to the same charity...Autism isn't an issue?!
Just cancer?
(Yes, I know Cancer is HUGE, but what happens to all the small children being "kidnapped of their souls leaving just a body"(quoted and modified)?

When I said plastic. I ment, they act fake. Always smiling, acting like nothing is wrong...we know its all plastic.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 6:37 AM
PuX- 80's - Well, I wouldn't say they're plastic. Yeah, their lives are not so perfect. But imagine if you took a picture fo them frowning or sad. Would that be something you want? And announcing their donations publicly--it might seem shallow, but they're proving to people they can do good. Don't diss actors just because they act fake. You've got to know what's happening behind that smile before you can say they're plastic.

Well, back to the topic...

I can't stand Orlando Bloom. Too monotone-like, like everyone says.

I don't like Brendan Fraser. I don't know, some of the parts he acts aren't him (he did good in The Mummy and its sequel, I'm not quite sure with what he's did in Looney Tunes: Back In Action.)
Field Researcher
#55 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
Kay, First....I'M A GUY!
I like the kind of people that donate privately. No media whatsoever knowing untill their untimely death.
Just cancer?
(Yes, I know Cancer is HUGE, but what happens to all the small children being "kidnapped of their souls leaving just a body"(quoted and modified)?

When I said plastic. I ment, they act fake. Always smiling, acting like nothing is wrong...we know its all plastic.

But how do you know that all actors donate just to cancer charities - where is your proof? They only 'proof' you have is what is in the media - their public domain. For all we know there are people out there doing very important work for all sorts of charities but do it in their free and private time.

Its called playing up for their public - the media and the so called 'fans' want and demand their favourite celebrities to be all smily, happy with no problems because they deem them as something bigger than us. But really, a lot of those smiley, happy people are depressed and no as happy as we think (and people want) them to be. I agree with the following said by 1306:

Quote:
"Yeah, their lives are not so perfect. But imagine if you took a picture fo them frowning or sad. Would that be something you want?"...."Don't diss actors just because they act fake. You've got to know what's happening behind that smile before you can say they're plastic."

Its attitudes like yours and the need for people to pry into famous people's private lives as if they have a right to that piss me off. They human, just like the rest of us.
Scholar
#56 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 12:36 PM
Maybe it's media, but most actors/actresses have given the first reactions that they are there just for the money.
I'm sorry I'm just stating my opinions.

I think that is an unfair statement because if you're really an actor (and not a model/singer/rich person's offspring who decided to 'try out' acting) it's a really hard business to break into. Anyone can say they're an actor... you don't need any qualifications. (Unless your in Union shows and if they really want you they'll make an acception. There are wavers you can sign and whatnot) I was an idiot and went to college and got my BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts... fours years and LOTS of money I don't have) in acting... whoop deee doo... no one gives a shit. If I don't 'look' the part (which is a nice way of saying I'm too fat/short/pigfaced/whatever) someone else gets it. It doesn't really matter that much who the better actor is... at least in anything that's going to pay you any money. Actors are 'plastic' because they have to be or they don't get jobs. It takes a lot of work and you are CONSTANTLY looking for a job, rubbing elbows with people in the business and selling yourself. There is no real stability unless you start your own company (or have amazing luck and land a big role... which, by the way, only lasts for a short amount of time.) I wanted to be an actor because I enjoyed the craft of it. Turning yourself into someone else. Walking in their shoes. Finding reasons they do what they do. I didn't realize all the crap attached to it and now, I want nothing to do with it. My friend Amie (who I went to college with) says to me all the time, 'Don't you want to make great movies?' and my response is, 'No. I want to watch them.'

but I'm getting off topic... I hate Cameron Diaz...
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 4:27 PM
But how do you know that all actors donate just to cancer charities - where is your proof? They only 'proof' you have is what is in the media - their public domain. For all we know there are people out there doing very important work for all sorts of charities but do it in their free and private time.

Its called playing up for their public - the media and the so called 'fans' want and demand their favourite celebrities to be all smily, happy with no problems because they deem them as something bigger than us. But really, a lot of those smiley, happy people are depressed and no as happy as we think (and people want) them to be. I agree with the following said by 1306:

Its attitudes like yours and the need for people to pry into famous people's private lives as if they have a right to that piss me off. They human, just like the rest of us.

Ok, the 'Stars' just make their body guards get weird obssesing people back off.
They probaly have people to get their mail.
People to watch their kids...(when they are home!)
They pay normal people to do normal things that normal people do everyday.
Why can't they do it them selves?
Is their botox going to get messed up?

When do you see a 'star' unhappy (not throwing a fit like little kids just unhappy)? ...Let me answer that...Never.
Yes, some 'stars' do actully show some 'real-ness'. In American Idol (that Idol Gives Back show) Simon actully shows that he isn't just mean and rude...he showed the real him...Caring, Loving, Nice, Giving.
I can't remember his name now, but he was on there with his wife...that guy is one of those pop up actors that does a lot of movies then might stop for a while. But he still has a heart. He gets sad over things that really matter. People dying over some stupid evil bug and disease. Not that he didn't get the main part in some movie.

I'm sorry (actully I'm not) if I give my opinion when asked.

--
Velveteen Principles 'Real' and an 'Object'.
That is a really good book that describes the 'stars' that cry over not getting a movie part.
They are just objects...Have to look, be, act a certain way.
They put in botox so they don't turn all wrinkly.
When I get all old...I'm gunna stay all wrinkly. I don't care what I look like.
Does someone not like how I act, look?
...I don't care. I change for the better of me..not for movies or pictures (that will be forgotten in a years time).

---
[QUOTE=Zaggytiddies]...I wanted to be an actor because I enjoyed the craft of it. Turning yourself into someone else. Walking in their shoes. Finding reasons they do what they do.
QUOTE]
Zaggy, I like that you said that^.
That's what acting is (or it was supposed to be).
Like Broadway. The average Joe and Jane in a Broadway Musical...do they get all put in the media...No.
Those who want to not in the Limelight are the real actors and actresses.
They don't want all the fame and glory (plus the weird stalkers) that comes with 'stardom'.
They are acting 'cause of the art of it.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

#58 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 6:57 PM
Kay, First....I'M A GUY!
Just cancer?

You obviously don't pay that close attention to autism donation, or you would have known about the Night of Too Many Stars about a week ago where many celebrities donated money and time to help raise millions for Autism.

PS Simon from American Idol ISN'T an actor.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 6:58 PM
Ok, the 'Stars' just make their body guards get weird obssesing people back off.
They probaly have people to get their mail.
People to watch their kids...(when they are home!)
They pay normal people to do normal things that normal people do everyday.
Why can't they do it them selves?
Is their botox going to get messed up?

When do you see a 'star' unhappy (not throwing a fit like little kids just unhappy)? ...Let me answer that...Never.
Yes, some 'stars' do actully show some 'real-ness'. In American Idol (that Idol Gives Back show) Simon actully shows that he isn't just mean and rude...he showed the real him...Caring, Loving, Nice, Giving.
I can't remember his name now, but he was on there with his wife...that guy is one of those pop up actors that does a lot of movies then might stop for a while. But he still has a heart. He gets sad over things that really matter. People dying over some stupid evil bug and disease. Not that he didn't get the main part in some movie.

I'm sorry (actully I'm not) if I give my opinion when asked.

--
Velveteen Principles 'Real' and an 'Object'.
That is a really good book that describes the 'stars' that cry over not getting a movie part.
They are just objects...Have to look, be, act a certain way.
They put in botox so they don't turn all wrinkly.
When I get all old...I'm gunna stay all wrinkly. I don't care what I look like.
Does someone not like how I act, look?
...I don't care. I change for the better of me..not for movies or pictures (that will be forgotten in a years time).

But not all actors/actresses are like that; some are in the profession because they adore acting, theatre and film and have dedicated their lives to their craft. You can't generalise all actors/actresses with those who hog the limelight because they have no talent. The ones with talent are those who don't step into the limelight, they do their job and get on with their lives. Those who do hog the limelight are just greedy attention seekers who don't deserve to be in the business. I have dedicated my life to theatre and aim to eventually either become a theatre director or someone involved backstage. I have seen first-hand that not all actors/actresses behave in the manner that you think they do - they are hard working people who work getting into drama schools, university and the professional world 24/7. So stop downgrading and belitting their hard-work because you think they're all 'plastic'

And you know why they do all the botox? Because the industry forces them to - if they don't look 'pefect' in the eyes of producers and agents they won't get work and will struggle to make ends meet. Its because of these higher powers that you see a lot of the very skinny actresses in the press - they have been brainwashed into thinking that this is the only look they can have to get jobs in films etc. If the industry and society itself (we as a society are obsessed with looks and less about the person) didn't pile this pressure onto actors/actresses then they wouldn't need botox, fad diets and rehab - they would be normal, healthy and growing old gracefully.

And why do they throw fits? Because paps get in their faces, snapping away when they're trying to walk down a street. How would YOU like it if you had 15 cameras going off in your face as you walked down the street, either alone or worse with your children? If you don't like it, why do we as a society expect them to be treated so, just so we can see images of them looking haggered etc in glossy magazines?

And yes I have seen actors unhappy - I went to a post-show talk of a play directed by Alan Rickman, who looked despressed and desperate to get out of there because of the women who flocked around him drooling when all he wanted was to discuss his play and the issues raised by it. I had the pleasure of talking to him about the play (I am a huge fan of political theatre) and he looked so happy that I wanted to talk about his work and not about him.
#60 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 7:02 PM
I'm an actor and I most definately am NOT fake.

It's not an actor's job to show you how "real" they are while grocery shopping.
Their job is to act.
When they aren't acting, they don't owe you anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:18 PM
Faithlove13xxx, No, your right it's not their job to look 'real' while shopping (of any sort), but they make it look like the whole world must bow to them or that they are always walking on the red carpet.

Anyerfillag, I agree with those fits, but I'm talking about not liking another star that got the role they wanted.
Some got in the acting profession because, they liked the 'craft' (as Zaggy said) of acting....then most (that I see) are going to far with hogging the limelight.
They are more like stealing the limelight and can't let go of it.
As you stated in your last paragraph, about that one guy unhappy with all the girls way too obsessed him just his looks than why he's really there.

---
When I say all 'stars' I'm meaning....
Brittany Spears
Lindsey Lohan
Brad Pitt
Angelina Jolie
Jessica Simpson
Must I list them all?
...All the main 'stars' that are ALWAYS in the media.
The ones that are in most of the (said to be 'popular') movies out.
I like Jim Carrey(sp?).
He got his start as being the guy with the rubber face at some comedy place...not 'cause of his looks or what he can look like...because, of his real humor...Him.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

#62 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:32 PM
Pux, really. Stop generalizing. It's obnoxious.

Just because you have a problem with people who are successful with what they do, you make stereotypes about who they are!

Also, the 'stars' you listed? They're not half bad. It's all about opinion and point of view, which everyone has. You can't change that.

So stop trying to, and stop insulting people that you do not even know.

"blah blah blah, they're plastic"

...I'm sorry, they're human. Last time I checked, humans are real.

and the thing about 'they think they're better'
What makes you so high and mighty that you can generalize so much?

and the phrase 'in the media'

movies, newspapers, television...all media. Is an indie film entertainment? Are all those stars hogs for the spotlight? [I don't expect you to answer this, because it will most likely be degrading actors, as usual]

So please, step off your pedestal, Pux.

Admins, this'd probably be a good thread to lock.
Theorist
#63 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:40 PM
I can't say I hate anyone but there are certain actors I can't really enjoy in movies. I am one with the Tom Cruise crowd...I don't like the guy. I don't think he's anything special. I liked him in Rainman and Interview With a Vampire but he's pure 'pretty boy.' I just can't take him seriously.

I think I look for performance rather than 'the person.' I don't like these new crop of waif girls who really can't act. Paris is not an actress.

I agree with the Daniel Radcliff comment..he may 'look like' Harry Potter but he cannot act. I would like to see him in something else to judge him further.

Go watch some old movies to see 'real' acting. (Thought there are good modern ones). I just finally saw All About Eve the other day. Ann Baxter, Bette Davis, and cast...very good acting.

Underacting is BETTER than overacting.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 11:42 PM
Lindsay Lohan.

She sounds like she's reading off the script, is the same in every movie regardless of the actual character, and has admitted to not looking at her lines till the last minute which is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe she's delusional enough to think she'll eventually get an Oscar.
#65 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:05 AM
Angelina Jolie, though she's always in the tabloids, does a LOT of good in the world through her activists intentions.

She's not "fake"
And Brad Pitt is helping New Orleans a lot. I'm from Louisiana...
and we need the help. So just because the magazines talk about them all the time about what they are wearing, doesn't make them any less human or important.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Angelina Jolie, though she's always in the tabloids, does a LOT of good in the world through her activists intentions.

She's not "fake"
And Brad Pitt is helping New Orleans a lot. I'm from Louisiana...
and we need the help. So just because the magazines talk about them all the time about what they are wearing, doesn't make them any less human or important.

I know they do good things, I'm talking about them when they were in the taploids about her being...I forgot the words they used, but I know they frowned on her...big time.

---
Quote: Originally posted by Connectzeedots
Pux, really. Stop generalizing. It's obnoxious.

Just because you have a problem with people who are successful with what they do, you make stereotypes about who they are!

Also, the 'stars' you listed? They're not half bad. It's all about opinion and point of view, which everyone has. You can't change that.

So stop trying to, and stop insulting people that you do not even know.

"blah blah blah, they're plastic"

...I'm sorry, they're human. Last time I checked, humans are real.

and the thing about 'they think they're better'
What makes you so high and mighty that you can generalize so much?

and the phrase 'in the media'

movies, newspapers, television...all media. Is an indie film entertainment? Are all those stars hogs for the spotlight? [I don't expect you to answer this, because it will most likely be degrading actors, as usual]

So please, step off your pedestal, Pux.

Admins, this'd probably be a good thread to lock.

Umm...Wow....Check yourself at the door next time you deside to make a big insult. So, Step of your pedestal.
Yes, M-E-D-I-A. Is a newspaper, television etc....
No, they aren't hogs of the spotlight. When did you see a Indie Star in the limelight...Never...besides when the movie or play was talked about...Umm thanks for agreeing with me?
Umm...Maybe you need to read the Velveteen Principles book to see what I'm talking about.
And last thing...this whole thread was ment for peoples opinions..and last time I checked my post was my opinion.
Maybe you might need to get some respect for other people 'cause, I'm not feeling.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

#67 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:16 AM
See
you're problem is you actually believe the tabloids
Tabloids are sh&%.

They are trash mags made for prepubescent kids to gab about in their locker rooms.

It doesn't reflect the actors as artists.... and the actors have nothing to do with what the mags decide to publish.

PUX... around here we have a saying you might could learn from...
Trash in- trash out.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:24 AM
PuX, how are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt an example of less than savory celebrities? They've donated huge amounts of money to relief efforts in New Orleans and, from what I've read, I believe that Brad is designing and helping in the construction of houses for victims of Katrina. Granted, I don't think he'd be doing this if he wasn't in a relationship with Angelina Jolie, but that's beside the point. Jessica Simpson went to Iraq and cheered the soldiers up with a performance, not to mention her provocative presence. Why does their motivation to perfrom these acts of charity matter? Done simply for a good reputation or "plastic" (as you call it), what they're doing are still acts of charity. Does it have to matter why they're doing it so long as they're getting something done for the benefit of humankind?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
See
you're problem is you actually believe the tabloids
Tabloids are sh&%.

They are trash mags made for prepubescent kids to gab about in their locker rooms.

It doesn't reflect the actors as artists.... and the actors have nothing to do with what the mags decide to publish.

PUX... around here we have a saying you might could learn from...
Trash in- trash out.

I don't read them 'cause, they tear apart the 'real' person inside the celeb.
I'm not understanding the saying. Clarify Please.

---
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
PuX, how are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt an example of less than savory celebrities? They've donated huge amounts of money to relief efforts in New Orleans and, from what I've read, I believe that Brad is designing and helping in the construction of houses for victims of Katrina. Granted, I don't think he'd be doing this if he wasn't in a relationship with Angelina Jolie, but that's beside the point. Jessica Simpson went to Iraq and cheered the soldiers up with a performance, not to mention her provocative presence. Why does their motivation to perfrom these acts of charity matter? Done simply for a good reputation or "plastic" (as you call it), what they're doing are still acts of charity. Does it have to matter why they're doing it so long as they're getting something done for the benefit of humankind?

I haven't liked Brad Pitt from the 'get go' (I have no idea why, but I don't).
..He's planning house design?!

Plastic simply ment that they are 'objects' (some care that 'fans' don't think that their looks aren't good enough).
I think that the 'stars' just need to put some of what they think, what they feel like doing/ wearing, but still make the movie people happy.
Compromise.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#70 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 10:44 AM
Geez. So freakin' bitchy over something that matters so damn little. Also, please read the rules, item 4.

Thread locked.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Gah... so hostile...
Page 3 of 3