Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 8:43 PM
Lady in The Water sucked, it feels like a forced role playing movie, each person has a job title, and yes, its too slow, I find utterly worthless to watch that movie

I prefer The Happening, all those people committing suicide, revenge of the plants, it probably contains message that we as human should stop ruining nature
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 6:48 PM
Anyone watched 'In The Bedroom'?! It's such an impressive movie, it really raised moral questions in me.
Before, I never knew such dramas can happen in beautiful Maine (just kidding)
Marisa Tomei didn't give a great performance in it, though I really liked her character. And it is also one of the few movies, in which I sympathized rather with the male lead as with the female one. That's a rarity!
#53 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 5:34 PM
went to see Eagle Eye and LOOOOVE it! haha
and i watched Seabiscuit a few days ago. one of my fave movies ever! such a beautiful movie <3
#54 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:50 PM
Seabiscuit is my mum's favourite film of all time...

My favourite is Edward Scissorhands ^^
Field Researcher
#55 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 5:53 PM
Have anyone watched Kit Kittredge?

it was good, it can be great, but the producer had to add that long scene with the villains becoming idiots(the hobos too)

i just love to see a movie with vintage settings, like King Kong, kinda reminded me of the good years, where global warming was nowhere to be heard
Forum Resident
#56 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 5:57 PM
It's out? I had no idea.

As for the villains, that's how they are in the books... Have you read any of the American Girl books? They're all similar with that kind of thing.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#57 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 10:48 PM
I know this isn't a new movie, but I finally watched Sleepy Hollow a couple nights ago. I just watched it again, it's so good. Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane=Love<33. He's one of my favorite actors of all time.
I also watched Corpse Bride on Tv last weekend. Very good movie. Also love Johnny in that.
UGHIHAVETOWATCHEDWARDSCISSORHANDSUGGGHHH. I can't beleive I haven't seen it. I want to see it so baaadddd.
Yes, I am having a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp phase right now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brad2006
Have anyone watched Kit Kittredge?

I haven't seen it, but I have the doll (and five of her friends) .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#59 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 11:21 PM
This is a film that for the moment I cannot see, as itsa only being shown in 10 cinemas across the US (I'm from the UK):

http://www.repo-opera.com/

It.looks.and.sounds.so.good :lovestruc
Alchemist
#60 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 11:37 PM
Anyerfillag: I HAVE to see that film!!! I totally agree with you.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I haven't seen it, but I have the doll (and five of her friends) .

Haha.. Me too Rabid. I have Molly, Felicity, Samantha and Addy... I also have one of the "me" dolls.

~*I'm a she*~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 12:03 AM
I have Molly, Felicity, Samantha, Kit, Lindsay (she was one of the doll of the year ones), and a "me" doll .

#63 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RainyDaysx
I know this isn't a new movie, but I finally watched Sleepy Hollow a couple nights ago. I just watched it again, it's so good. Johnny Depp as Ichabod Crane=Love<33. He's one of my favorite actors of all time.
I also watched Corpse Bride on Tv last weekend. Very good movie. Also love Johnny in that.
UGHIHAVETOWATCHEDWARDSCISSORHANDSUGGGHHH. I can't beleive I haven't seen it. I want to see it so baaadddd.
Yes, I am having a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp phase right now.

You would love Sweeney Todd
#64 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 3:36 AM
I know, I want to see it so badly, but my mom won't let me. She thinks it's too gorey. How lame is that?
How gorey do think it is?
I really want to hear Johnny Depp sing. xD
Forum Resident
#65 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 5:15 AM
Sweeny Todd is VERY gory... I got queasy just at the opening scene when the blood runs down the streets. Ugh.

I got my first American Girl when there were only four... Before it got real popular, so I'm not too familiar with the new ones. I stopped paying attention right about when Kit came out. But they're great dolls and I think that they are one of the reasons that I love history so much.

~*I'm a she*~
Field Researcher
#66 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 7:34 PM
I didn't know there are American Girl books, I'm not too keen on dolls, they really creeps me out, especially ventriloquist dummies

Abigail Breslin sure have grown, she's so small in Little Miss Sunshine

Sweeney Todd wasn't that gory, watch out though, you might got color blind watching that movie(seriously, the settings and colors are so dull), but I guess that's how Tim Burton liked it, the story was a bit like The Count of Monte Cristo, and the ending wasn't very satisfying

I hate Johnny Depp movies, he loves to plays freaks
#67 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 3:42 PM
The blood is very fake, but you can tell in enough time to cover your eyes

and the guy playing Anthony is gorgeous! =]

and I love Johnny Depp movies...

he is always made into a freak by Tim Burton
and he becomes those characters
Field Researcher
#68 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brad2006
Abigail Breslin sure have grown, she's so small in Little Miss Sunshine

Didn't you love her in LMS?! She gave the most outstanding performance of the whole cast and she was only 10! My fave scene with her is the 'Grandpa? Am I pretty?' scene in the motel, in the night before grandpa dies. It's simply outstanding!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 7:57 PM
She sure is, but I'm really amused when she do that striptease like dance,heheh...

What i'm most astonished is Steve Carrell, I didn't know its him as the gay uncle, I thought it was Ben Stiller(I also didn't recognize Steve Carrell in Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty, Dan in Real Life)
Field Researcher
#70 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 8:24 PM
I didn't regognize him in Bruce Almighty either. But I think it's mostly because he wasn't known in that time. He gained most of his fame with this crappy virgin thing and of course with the office. And this is apparently the reason why.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 12:23 AM
Yeah, probably, but he has that non-threatening look, like a kind single uncle look

Anyway, anyone watched Tropic Thunder?I didn't know that's Tom Cruise until the part where he said "a G5 airplane and lots of money", that sly slightly devilish smile is what sturck me that he's Tom Cruise, and the movie trailers are funny, including Booty Sweat and Bust-A-Nut ad

Lance = Lance Bass, hahahah XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 4:13 AM
I just watched Enchanted... I loved it (and not just because I love Patrick Dempsey )! I grew up on the classic Disney princess movies, so this was just enchanting for me, pardon the pun. Amy Adams was fantastic. As much as I love movies with poignant endings, it's nice to turn off the DVD player feeling all warm and fuzzy every now and then.

Field Researcher
#73 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 10:00 AM
wasn't she. I thought she was almost as good as Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins and she definitely had deserved an Oscar nomination, especially in that weak year 2007...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 3:01 PM
I saw Awake on Friday night... what a strange movie. It had promise, but other than the fact that Clay had money, there was no real motivation behind the doctors' actions. It dropped off all too quickly (I really wanted to see the aftermath of what happened), and even though it kept me hooked, I ended up thinking, "... what the hell?"

To chime in with what was being discussed, I loved Abigail Breslin in Little Miss Sunshine. She was simply perfect for that role. The ending dance scene is my favorite part, but I adore when she was laying in bed with her grandfather and he told her that she was pretty.

I saw Twilight last night and there was a fantastic preview for a movie called Push. It had Dakota Fanning and Chris Evans, and looked sort of like X-Men meets Jumper. I can't wait to see it.

Forum Resident
#75 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 7:15 PM
I watched one of my childhood films a few weeks ago. I used to have it on VCR and it scared me so much that I gave it away - and after a few years I really wanted it back. It's an anime called Windaria, a bit eighties but it's got one of those endings that sort of kill you a bit inside. So sad.

And I know Johnny Depp plays freaks but I think he's great in Finding Neverland (when he's not directed by Tim Burton, surprise surprise), that's such a gorgeous film! :D

I also love early films from the thirties through to the fifties - any one else here like those old classics? ^_^
Page 3 of 6