Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:00 PM
grrrrr... Newman gets more despicable every time he's in the story... but I'm glad you told us what happened to Helen, even though it's horrible!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 6:29 PM
Default Chapter 5/1
The Wall Girls

When I found my friends we headed for the back garden and took our place by the wall.
Only three of us were wearing make up.

‘Mom stopped me at the door and made me scrub it off.’ Terri told us as she polished her glasses.

‘I had some on.’ Carla sighed mournfully. ‘but it made my skin burn and itch. Now I have a really bad rash on my face. I didn’t want to go to school looking like this, but Mother said it served me right for getting into her things.’
The rest of us gathered closer to look at the angry red bumps on Carla’s face.
It figured Carla would be allergic to make up. She was already allergic to nuts, eggs, dairy products, bee stings, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, chalk dust, and crayons.
We all reassured her that the rash wasn’t that bad.

‘Look at you.’ Wendy the unofficial leader of our group smiled at me. ‘You look so nice. How come Emily and I look like a couple of clowns?’
I think we all looked up to Wendy because she was a bit more mature and worldly wise than the rest of us.
Her mother was an actress and had been married seven times. There wasn’t much Wendy didn’t learn before we did, but she was always generous about filling us in.
That was how I learned about the mysterious act of Woohoo, before ever taking Miss FinchMeyer’s class.
I quickly passed along some of Trent’s make up tips and advice.

‘Your so lucky, Lanie. Every girl needs a gay uncle around to keep her from going out and committing all sorts of fashion faux pas.’
I giggled, Uncle Remington had teased Trent by making almost the very same statement.
However; I agreed with Trent that it was because fashion and make up were part of his profession that made him knowledgeable on the subject.
‘Did your mother ever notice that some of her make up was missing?’
‘Nah, I told you she wouldn’t. She always forgets what she has and buys more. She has five make up kits like the one I gave you. Two of them have never had the plastic band popped off.’
I felt a little better. Deep down I felt guilty that my new make up was stolen.

‘How were you and Emily able to get past your mothers.’ Terri wanted to know.
‘There was a big party in Studio Town Hills last night.’ Wendy told us cheerfully. ‘Mom wasn’t able to open her eyes, let alone notice what I look like. I doubt she would have minded anyway, as long as I didn’t talk to her. She hates to be spoken to before noon.’
‘My parents are vacationing on Twikki Island.’ Emily explained. ‘Our governess Miss Burns is half blind and mostly deaf. As long as we leave her to her books and knitting, we can do as we please while the folks are away.’

‘Look out.’ Carla warned the rest of us. ‘It’s the attack of the killer mushrooms!’
There were only nine girls in our class. Four of them had formed an exclusive little group that became known as ‘The Swingers’ since they used to hog the swings to themselves. The rest of us started hanging out by the wall and became known as ‘The Wall Girls’.
While the Swingers looked down on everyone and embraced uniformity, we Walls Girls tended to be a more diverse lot. We enjoyed the fact that we were all unique. Though we did things together, we were still four separate individuals.
I couldn’t believe my eyes when the Swingers took their accustomed place by the swings, each with the same identical bowl haircut. I could tell by the proud way they had marched past us, they were quite pleased with themselves.
Wendy, Emily, and Carla cracked up laughing.
Terri gasped in mock horror and tore her glasses off to polish them again.

I snickered too when Tiffany VanSwearigen’s eyes narrowed on our group.

Knowing she and her faithful followers were being laughed at, she signaled to the others to follow her lead.
Stomping single file they came to confront us.
This might be fun!

P.S. You do see a rash on Carla's face...I couldn't find a spotty face for kids and my photo shop one looked horrible...so just humor me, pwease.

Coming Next: A nasty exchange between The Wall Girls and The Swingers.
Theorist
#28 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 6:34 PM
Oh my! Drama alert! *Waits eagerly to see what will happen*
Forum Resident
#29 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:18 PM
LOL sweet!

It would have been more than the face, but you could have maybe tried to get Carla to get a sunburn (though more often than not, if I *want* them to get a sunburn, they get a tan and vise versa LOL)

Can't wait to see what transpires between the Wall Girls and the *snortgiggle* Swingers! I do love the haircut they've got though... very cute :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 2:41 AM
IrishGrace:
Oh wow! I never thought of that! I just got BV recently and haven't had anyone get sun burned yet.
Trent and Remy got deathly pale for awhile when I took them on a mountain vacation. I kept wondering why they couldn't get warm no matter how much cocoa I gave them and even after buying a fireplace....it took awhile for me to realise I didn't put a roof on their vacation cabin. LOL! Happily, they are back to normal.

DarkPhoenix: Talk about drama! I'm like so addicted to your story!
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 9:30 PM
I love your story! Just a question, (I don't know if this s been brought up before)
but In The Beginning, it says "my husband Reginald". Lanie's not talking about the
same one who's with Helen right?? I sure hope not! I wonder what's going to happen next!
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 1:48 AM
*hugs* RosesRRed
I've been asked that a lot LOL!
I never actually gave a straight answer...but I think given the age of the two Sims on the plane and the fact he has the same ugly mug...it's a probability. I just hope I can keep you and everyone reading to see how that would come about. (There will be many turns and twists in this story!)
RL has been hectic lately to say the least..so sorry about the lack of updates. I'm working on the next chap now!
Test Subject
#33 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 3:37 AM
Yay! I'm sure there will be lots of twists and turns and I can't wait for the next update.
But take your time, life often gets busy. Right know, I should probably be studying for my finals
coming up next week but instead I'm looking for some clothes for my little sims!:clap:
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 8:12 PM
Default Chapter 6/1
Wall Girls vs. The Swingers (Round One)

‘What are you laughing at, pimple face?’ Tiffany demanded of Carla, who had been laughing the loudest.
‘We’re laughing at you!’ Emily snapped back at her. ‘What’s with the bowl haircuts?’

‘Yeah, what’s up with that!’ Carla abruptly stopped laughing. She was mortified to have her rash mistaken for pimples. ‘You all look stupid.’
Tiffany placed her hands on her hips and stuck her face out even further. The girl not only had this annoying way of sticking her face up at you as she spoke, but also shook her butt around too.
We look stupid! You should learn to wash your face and maybe you wouldn’t have a face full of zits!’
‘They have a product called Ozy10.’ Tiffany’s best friend, the dark haired scowling Alexis added cooly. ‘You really should try it.’
‘It’s not acne, dimwits’ Wendy informed them. ‘It’s a rash caused by an allergic reaction to make up.’
Tiffany’s eyes narrowed and zeroed in on all our faces in turn. She snorted contemptuously at both Wendy and Emily, then her face lingered on mine. I saw a glimmer of jealousy.
‘You all look like a bunch of circus clown freaks!’
The other Swingers quickly made noises of agreement.
‘That’s not very nice, WiggleButt.’ Wendy calmly admonished. ‘I was actually going to tell you that I like your new haircut.’
‘You were?’ Tiffany asked looking suspicious.
Normally, she had a moose when anyone called her by that hated nickname.
‘Yeah, I like it because you can see all the big ugly freckles on the back of your neck.’

Tiffany’s face turned beet red with anger and humiliation.
‘At least when I wear make up, I don’t end up looking like I got orange popsicle smeared all over my mouth. What kind of color blind idiot wears orange lipstick with purple eye shadow anyway?’

Beth Ann, the quiet shy looking, brown haired Swinger finally spoke up. ‘Emily looks like she’s eaten a fudge popsicle!’

‘How original.’ I scoffed.
After Tiffany, I hated Beth Ann the most. She couldn’t say or do anything without looking at Tiffany or Alexis for approval first.
‘Do you ever come up with your own ideas or do you always just parrot pretty much what Tiffany says?’
Beth Ann looked a bit frightened and cast another one of her looks at Tiffany, as if asking for help on what to say, do, or think next.

‘That’s real rich coming from you, Lanie Mansfield!’ Alexis took up for her.
They all knew I hated it when the Beyer was left from my name.
‘If Helen Harper were to shave her hair into a Mohawk, you’d get one too!
Ouch!
Okay, that stung a little.
It was just that I missed Helen so much, that adopting her current hairstyle and trying to imitate the way she talked made it seem like she was still part of my life.
I doubted if anyone would ever understand.....
Forum Resident
#35 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 10:26 PM
Yay for Tiffany being jealous of Lanie!! Though I hate to admit it, she probably does have a point about Lanie copying Helen, but I couldn't fault her one bit... not being able to see Helen must be torture.
#36 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 2:11 PM
yay for the girls fighting back at tiffany and her gang. cant wait for another update.....
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 4:27 PM
I thought you might enjoy some close up shots of Wendy and Emily with their overly made up faces.
(Before they wash it off!)
In the far shots they actually look pretty nice. LOL!

Ms. Wendy Koontz

Ms. Emily Estrada

All Lanie's classmates actually went to school with me...I just changed the names.

An update will be up in a jiff.
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 5:46 PM
Default Chapter 6/2
The Wall Girls vs. The Swingers (Round Two)

‘Long hair is so on the way out.’ Tiffany airily informed us. ‘It won’t be long before Helen Harper cuts hers too! Bigger stars than her have short hair. Take Katey Feldman, the figure skater, she has a bob just like mine.
Look at Limber, the famous model. She has really short hair. Limber's soooo in right now. She’s going to be a guest at the Mayor’s Annual Ball. My father will be there too. Anyone that’s important will be there. All our parents will be there.’
I ground my teeth in extreme annoyance when I thought of the famous Limber. She was another Newman protegee.
The woman’s tall skeletal frame and pale gothic features graced everything from lunch boxes to beach towels. Her trade mark was her tired world weary gaze, black lipstick pout, and dark smudges under her eyes. It looked like she never got any sleep.

‘Limber needs a blood transfusion and a sandwich!’ I sneered, repeating what my Uncle said when he was asked his opinion of her.
‘I can’t figure for the life of me what she’s famous for.’ Terri once again polished her glasses.
‘That’s because you’re a nobody.’ Alexis snarled at her. ‘The only great thing you will ever be, is a lonely old maid with a houseful of cats.’
Terri shrugged, the Swinger’s grim predictions for her future never bothered her a bit.
‘I’ll still be a mad scientist.’ That was her life time want. ‘I also want a few dogs, horses, birds, and maybe a guinea pig, to go along with all my cats.’
‘You’re hopeless.’ Tiffany rolled her eyes.
‘You act is if a woman must have a man around to be complete. I intend to marry into a fulfilling career.’
I knew Trent would be so proud of Terri right now.

‘I always wonder why they call her Limber.’ Wendy spoke up. ‘Maybe your old man might know. I mean you always see her clinging to the arm of a really ancient old geezer. That's the type she seems to go for.’
Tiffany’s father was an elderly looking man with a stern gaze and self important swagger.
Tiffany was quick to brag on her important father, but tended to gloss over and forget his famous womanizing ways.
‘My father is devoted to my mother!’ she screeched. ‘When your as rich and influential as he is, there will always be women that will tell lies and try to trap him! As for Limber, we will all be meeting her for the first time. She’s coming to an after party at our house. Daddy’s going to give her a personal tour of his trucking company.’
‘I’m sure.’ Wendy grinned wickedly.
‘Her boss or what ever he is will be there too!’ Tiffany raged at Wendy.

Casting a smug look my way.
‘Helen Harper and her husband are also invited.’
I felt so jealous that my worst enemy was going to see more of Helen than I did. I tried not to show it. I also prayed that Helen didn’t like her and become friends with her. That would be unbearable.
‘You’re just jealous because your wh*re mother isn’t on the list.’ Tiffany jeered at Wendy.
Finally, the cheerful expression left Wendy’s face. She didn’t like it when the Swinger’s said cruel things about her mother.

‘Your old man’s just mad because Mom flung a drink in his face at the Studio Town Awards Ceremony last year. My mother isn’t cheap and she let him know it. As for the Mayor, he’s another womanizing old prune that my mother’s turned down.’
I met Wendy’s mom. She was as down to earth and as easy going as Wendy. She was also very beautiful.
My mother says your mother is nothing but a drunken tramp.’ Alexis spat out. ‘She got up on the buffet table at the Goth’s party and tried to dance with their son Mortimer with a lampshade on her head! ’
‘Oh yeah,’ Tiffany smirked. ‘They call your Mom a cougar because she likes her men really young. Most decent women would call her an old alley cat.’
I thought for a split second Tiffany’s obnoxious upturned face was going to get slapped......

Coming Next: A new teacher?!
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 11:41 PM
Oooh, a verbal fight! lol
Nice update and just because I'm curious
what grade are Lanie and the others?
Forum Resident
#40 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:15 AM
I volunteer to slap Tiffany :P
Theorist
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishGrace
I volunteer to slap Tiffany :P

I call second! Very awesome update, Montridge! *Cheers loudly* I'm eagerly awaiting the next update. Those "swingers" sure are cruel, eh? Getting a head-start on being teens? Ha ha.
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:24 PM
LOL! I see everyone lining up to slap Tiffany (like on Airplane).
I often itched to slap the RL Wiggle-er Tiffany a really good one in real life.
*Takes place in line after IrishGrace and DarkPhoenix*
Trust me, she was every bit as obnoxious as her counterpart.

RosesRRed: Lanie and her friends are fifth graders. Lanie, Terri, and Beth Ann are ten. The rest eleven.

Sugaplum (below): Cool! Another slapper.
The real life Tiff loved to threaten people with 'You don't know who my Daddy is.' or 'My father owns (insert businesses/properties here)' It was really funny. She probably hasn't changed a bit. :D
#43 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 1:30 PM
i would volunteer to slap tiffany, again and again. shes just so mean going on about ''DADDY''!

cant wait till another update
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 2:30 PM
Default Chapter 7
Exit, Mrs. Evans

A shrill whistle brought us all to attention, since it was Miss Finch-Meyer, the headmistress that came up on us.
She raked her cold stern eyes over the lot of us.
‘I have announcement to make, Butterflies. Your teacher, Mrs. Evans has taken ill and will not be returning this school term. Until I find a suitable replacement, I will fill in as your teacher.’

We momentarily forgot our rivalries and bitter words as we looked in horror at each other.
Everyone of us fired off questions of concern.
‘Mrs. Evans and her baby will be just fine, if she follows her doctors orders and stays in bed until her due date. I’m sure your cards and letters will cheer her up until she is able to join us again next year.’

‘Miss Finch-Meyer.’ Wendy timidly held up her hand. ‘Can we have Art Class first, so we can make her some get well cards?’
Miss Finch-Meyer peered down at her.
‘What on earth have you done to your face?’
The headmistress also zeroed in on Emily. ‘You and Ms. Estrada will do nothing until that mess is washed from your faces.’
The Swinger’s snickered among themselves.

‘Miss Finch-Meyer.’ Tiffany sang out sweetly. ‘Lanie’s wearing make up too.’
‘Oh!’ Miss Finch-Meyer swooped down on me. I caught the cloying fragrance of Everything’s Roses cologne.
‘You’ve done a better job of it then your friends,’ The headmistress admitted grudgingly. ‘but your school handbooks clearly state that no girl shall wear anything other than lip gloss until year ten and then only if she’s passed my Charms class.’

‘Payne!’ she pointed a pink lacquered nail at Carla. ‘Go see Nurse Fletcher about that complexion. I’m sure she has some creme that will help clear up your acne and some good advice on how to keep your skin clean and clear.’
Miserably, Carla bowed her head in shame and slunk away towards the nurses office. She didn’t speak up for herself, because like most of us, she tended to get tongue-tied around Miss Finch-Meyer.
Wendy attempted to explain, but was cut off short.
‘You, Estrada, and Mansfield need to do as your told and wash your faces. Be quick about it! I want to see you in class in ten minutes.’

At least Miss Finch-Meyer didn’t seem to mind that Terri followed us into the ladies room instead of going on to class.
‘What rotten luck!’ Wendy seethed as we scrubbed our faces clean. ‘Having that old dragon as our teacher is really going to suck!’

Coming Next: Trent has a surprise for Lanie
Theorist
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 2:52 PM
Ooh... the evil teacher! *Cues dramatic music* What will they do? Go to war against her? Reluctantly obey her? *Eats popcorn and waits eagerly* This is getting better and better!
Instructor
Original Poster
#46 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 3:00 PM
*hugs* Thank you Dark Phoenix.
I'm really on pins and needles over what's going to happen to a certain villain in another story.
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 3:34 PM
Default Chapter 8
Trent's Surprise

‘What happened to my little glamour girl?’ Trent asked when I got in the car.
I quickly launched into a tirade of my day.
Miss Finch-Meyer was so mean. She had gathered up all our fashion and Studio Town magazines.
She felt that we could do more constructive things with our free time. She also sniffed that most of the dreamy rock stars and boy band members we were infatuated with now, would be nothing more than Los Wages lounge acts by the time we were old enough to date them.
Trent had made all the right sympathetic interjections while I poured out everything I’d endured today, but my Uncle laughed.
‘Finch-Meyer sure has that right!’
‘Never mind that old Miss Finch-Meyer.’ Trent tried to sooth me. ‘I managed to get a bag full of make up samples from work. It’s much better stuff than what you had on. I guess you can wear it at home or when ever we go out.’

‘That reminds me, Missy.’ my Uncle cast a stern eye at me through the rear view mirror.
‘Where did you get that make up? Trent and I could not recall ever buying it for you. I can’t remember anyone giving it to you either.’
‘My friend Wendy gave it to me.’
Sometimes I felt my Uncle could read me like a book.
‘Return it.’
‘Okay.’
‘In future, I’m to be informed when ever anyone gives you any type of gift.’
I crossed my fingers behind my back.
‘Sure.’

‘You’ll have an opportunity to wear your new make up tonight.’ Trent turned around in his seat to smile at me. ‘I called Mrs. Hammond from the office and asked her to make us a very light supper. I figured we would all go to the movies tonight and have a real meal afterwards.’
‘What movie are we going to see?’ I asked eagerly. I had my hopes.
‘Your Uncle has reassured me you are old enough to see the latest Helen Harper movie Terror in the Sky.’
‘Cool!’ I shrieked out.
Seeing Helen at the movie theatre was better than not seeing her at all.
Airplane disaster movies were really popular in Studio Town at the moment. The critics and fan magazines were claiming that ‘Terror in the Sky’ was the best of the lot.

'Will you show me one more time how to put on my make up?’
‘Sure,’ Trent readily agreed. ‘With the powder make up, you will need to learn the swirl, tap, and buff technic. Just pay attention to what I do and you’ll be doing you own make up tomorrow. It’s that easy.’
He also assured me that applying make up was much easier than learning to style hair.
‘I guess I need to find another hair do.’ I thought out loud remembering Alexis’ comments.
It was time I started to be myself again...who ever that was.
‘I couldn’t agree more.’ Trent told me. ‘I think between the two of us, we can come up with a fabulous, yet original new look that’s your’s alone.’
I couldn’t wait!

Coming soon: Trent is attacked by a blonde bombshell!
#48 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 8:43 PM
yay another 2 chapters
i already hate that headteacher....
i wonder how Lanie will look with her new make-up on....
Forum Resident
#49 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:09 PM
Ugh... Miss Finch-Meyer... she scares me LOL Can't wait for Lanie's new make-up and hair :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 3:17 AM
*Once again cues evil music*
Miss Finch-Meyer has a diabolical plan for the Butterflies..that's all I will say for now.
In the mean while I'm on a down load spree finding hair for Lanie and the mysterious blonde that will show up soon.
Page 2 of 11