Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 10:14 PM
cute update Penny:D.....hey where are their clothes from?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 10:45 PM
sweet story !
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenny
cute update Penny:D.....hey where are their clothes from?

Kamryn's shirt is by hystericalparoxysm @ MTS2, pants by starsims. I'm not sure about Kyla but I'll check.
#29 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 12:57 AM
Great story!
Instructor
#30 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 11:57 AM
Nice update! Poor Kyla, that must be so weird... I hope they start to get on okay!
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 9:48 PM
Default Chapter Seven and Eight!
Note: I know it's kinda weird that chapter seven is only one paragraph but I didn't think it looked right when I made it one chapter.

Chapter Seven

~*~ Kamryn ~*~

When I was little I use to make up imaginary friends so I had someone to play with. Its not that I had trouble making friends, it’s just that I always felt kind of empty, like something was missing. No matter what I did I could never make that feeling go away. After awhile I learned to ignore that feeling, shove it away to the back of my brain. It was still there though, I learned to keep it away pretty good but as soon as I was alone at night, here it would come. Seeping out of brain like a dense fog to envelope me in loneliness. But then I met Kyla, and the fog… it just went away.

Chapter Eight

~*~ Kamryn ~*~

You know all those story you hear about twins who are separated at birth then later find each other and they have all these creepy things in common like they’re parents have the same names or they have siblings the same age? Well, that’s not us. For one thing, I was an only child and Kyla had three siblings. For another her childhood was happy, mine sucked.My “parents” were James and Susan Barnes. They got married straight out of college. Well, dad was out of college, mom was out of high school. At first everything was great, they got a nice house, found good jobs and decided to try for a baby. A couple months went by and no baby but they didn’t worry, they just kept trying. After eighteen months of trying they decided to try a fertility clinic. After trying a test at the clinic there was no need to try further, Susan was sterile.

Susan was devastated, James didn’t give up. He adopted me. Actually, they didn’t meet requirements to adopt so James “bought” me. Of course, I didn’t know anything about this until I was much older. He loved me the minute he saw me, Susan didn’t. After all, I wasn’t her baby; I was some other women’s baby. I didn’t even look like them. I had tan skin and black hair. Both my adoptive parents had light skin and light hair.

At first, James though that she’d warm up to me with time. He was wrong though, Susan would never like me. She ignored my cries for attention and the jobs of feeding, bathing and caring for me went solely to James.

It didn’t bother me. I loved him more then anything and he loved me. By the time I was three I stopped trying to get Susan to love me and started ignoring her. I my daddy and everything was good.

Unfortunately, I turned out to be very unlucky. Years went by and my turned from a cute, chubby baby into a thin, quiet girl. I don’t remember when it started, maybe it was that way all along and I was too little to notice. Most nights, it started after dad got home from work and went long into the night.
I grew to ignore it much like I ignored Susan. I grew to be silent and invisible.

Sometime around when I turned ten the fighting stopped. At first I was perplexed, but then Susan started throwing up in the morning and after that I noticed her stomach slowly growing. She was pregnant. Cold fear gripped me, what would happen now? Would daddy forget me? Worse yet, would he return me?

Things got better though; daddy was around more, always kissing Susan and petting her round stomach. Picking me up and snuggling me, even Susan would give me the occasional hug.

Just like the rest of my luck though, it didn’t last. Daddy was killed in a car accident. Susan wore her grief openly; I could hear her wailing at all hours. I was numb; somehow my ten year old mind couldn’t understand what had happened. He couldn’t be gone, could he? He wouldn’t leave me alone with her? I cried at the funeral so no one would look at me funny or think I didn’t care. I did care; it’s just that I was so use to bad things happening that I’d acquired a natural immunity to all things bad.

Not to be out done by the goodness of my unknown sister’s good luck, my luck got worse. Susan miscarried. The doctor said it was from all the stress but Susan didn’t care, she’d lost her last link to James and she blamed the only person she could, me.

The years passed slowly and soon I was a teen. Sick of being blamed and without anyone to protect me anymore I fought back, often. For every time she yelled at me, I yelled back. Her favorite fight was that I was worthless, that I would never amount to anything and she would be stuck with me forever.She was wrong, without her knowledge (she would have taken it) I was saving money. I got a job at a local restaurant as a waitress and by the time I was eighteen I had enough to leave. I packed my stuff and never looked back. Six months after leaving I was sitting in a campus café, discussing movies with my newly found twin sister.
Instructor
#32 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 9:52 PM
Aw, poor Kamryn, that's really sad... hopefully things will start getting better now. Lovely update! It was nice to see her story too.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:49 PM
i love the update, i feel sorry for kamryn...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 5:02 AM
Very nice update. Poor Kamryn. I like how you switched to Kamryn's view.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Alexander Hamilton
#35 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 4:08 AM
Aww, that is so sad! But, hopefully things will get better for her.
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 9:27 PM
Default Chapter Nine!
Chapter Nine
~ Kamryn ~

Things were really starting to look up after I left home. I met Kyla, got an apartment
and though that maybe I'd actually escaped my bad luck. Of course, I was wrong.
Two months after I met Kyla I lost my job and my apartment in the same day. I told
Kyla and she insisted that I move in with her (Ha! take that bad luck!).

With Griffins help, it only takes us about an hour to move all my stuff , I didn't
have much since I could only take what would fit in a friends car when I left hel- uh,
home. "Maybe I was wrong.." I tell Kirby, sitting next to her on the floor in my
beautiful new room. "Maybe my luck really is better.." Of course, what I don't
know is that bad luck doesn't just go away, it goes somewhere else.

The next morning I wake up to a gagging noise. I ease out of bed and totter over to
the bathroom. "Kyla, you ok?" I ask, my voice husky with unshed sleep. Kyla makes
another gagging noise and leaves an offering to the porcelin gods. "God, I hate this,,"
She moans. "Whats wrong, stomach flu?" I ask. She jumps, spinning around quickly
to stare at me. " How long have you been there..." She sputters. "Jeez, relax would you.
I'v had stomache flu before, I don't care if I see you puke, ok?" I say. Kyla's doesn't look
at me as she stumbles back into her room. "Huh, is she always this way in the morning?"
I ask Kirby. Kirby whines and flops onto her back. "Must be nice to be so carefree." I
tell her, wandering into the kitchen.

Ten minutes later I'm flipping pancakes at the stove when Kyla staggers out of the bedroom.
She looks awful, hair desheveled, Clothes wrinkled and dark circles under her eyes. 'Um, hi."
I say quietly. "What breakfast?" She doesn't answer and instead pulls a face and head for the front
door.

“Something’s wrong Kirby” I say, slipping a pancake into her dog dish.
Kirby swallows the pancake in one bite and comes over to sit in front of me.
She turns her head sideways and barks at me.
“Hmmm, I could try to weasel it out of her….”
*Woof!*
“No way! That would totally break the sister trust barrier if I followed her!”
“Bark! Bark!”
“Of course I’m worried about her but she’ll be pissed if she finds out I stalked her!”
*Whine*
“I do so have a better plan! We can…um….Fine! You win, we’ll follow her today.”
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 1:39 AM
I love kamryn's hair in this update! Where did you get it?

Alexander Hamilton
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:07 AM
Great update, I can't wait to read more!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Instructor
#39 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 12:55 PM
Great update, I love Kamryn's conversation with Kirby. Poor Kyla! I hope she's okay...
Inventor
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kt4prez
I love kamryn's hair in this update! Where did you get it?

Thanks! It's from here. :D
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 2:34 PM
haha, kamryn talking with the dog.. oh well i too talk with my cat, nice update penny
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Thanks! It's from here. :D

Thankyou

Alexander Hamilton
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 7:32 PM
Don't worry, I'm still here. I'v got good news and bad news, bad news is my computer crashed and stupid (me) didn't save anything on cd for awhile so everyone but Kamryn and Kyla are gone. Good news is I can rebuild them all from pictures and I'll update soon. I really want to get Seasons first though so look for an update by around next weekend. :D
#44 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 8:15 PM
Awh. I gotta wait that long? Well okay. Great story. Quite intriguing actually. Update soon. <3
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:38 PM
Default Chapter Ten!
Chapter Ten
~*~ Kyla ~*~

Hehehe, sorry. I had to do something while I waited for Seasons! :D

"How could this happen to me?" I mumble to myself. "I was so careful,
I used birth control and everything!" God, you always hear about stuff like
this happening but you never worry about it until it happens to you. I shuffle
along the sidewalk, being careful not to look at anyone. Even though I'm not
showing yet I can still feel them staring at me, mocking me, blaming me for
this mistake. I sudden thought strikes me and my stomache drops. How do I
tell Griffin? I won't tell him. I'll make it so I don't have to tell him, so he'll
never know.

That's how I find myself standing in front of a small, unmarked building,
the clinic. So far, that all that I can do though, is stand there. "You can't do
it" I tell myself "You can't raise a baby. Your to young, it's not fair to the baby."
Something crunchs in the bushes behind me and I whirl around but nothings there.
Slowly, I shuffle one foot forward, then another, and another until somehow, I'm
standing inside the doors of the clinic.

Inside it's cool and smells strongly of disinfectant. I glance quickly at the room I'm in.
Two worn couches, a coffee table, some magazines(ironicly, parenting magazines), and
a sign in desk. I walk slowly to the desk and a middle age women with a tired look
glances up at me. "Can I help you?" she asks.

I feel dizzy and lean against the wall to keep from falling over. Suddenly, I
can see memories flashing through my mind. Being little and playing with
dad, mom hugging me, Daddy dancing around the room with me standing
on his feet. These are replaced by images of Griffin. Kissing me, smiling at me,
telling me he loves me. I can't, I can't be here, I have to go.I can hear the women
calling me, asking me whats wrong but she's fading, being replaced by my heartbeat
in my ears and my foot falls on the pavement.

Then she's gone, and so are my choices. There's only one thing I can do now,
one option. It will be hard, and tiring and painful but it's the only option. First,
I have to tell Grif- *Crunch* I spin around and stare into a matching pair of bright,
blue eyes, their startled expression reflected in my glare.

"I shouldn't be here." I whimper, backing away from Griffin's door.
"You whimp, get in there and tell him before he hears it as gossip."
Kamryn snaps, shoving me back towards the door. "I can't" I mumble
"I can't tell him, he'll hate me." I'm not normally a shy person. Quiet
for the sake of hating conversation,yes. But by no means afraid to
talk to people. Unfortunatly, no one told my stomache this because
its rolling around like crazy and threatening to yack up that buritto
I ate. "I think I'm gonna be sick.." I tell Kamryn. (the only reason I'm
talking to her after she spied one me is I'm really in need of the support,
although her sarcasm is totally unnecessary.) "Consider it practice for
the next nine months." Kamryn replies blandly, giving me another shove.
I try to glare at her but the best I can manage is a kind of pathetic, glassy stare.

"Knock!" Kamyrn hisses at me. I raise my hand and let it fall limply against the door.
"Argh, your pathetic!" Kam grumbles, darting forward to land five hard raps on the
door. I hear a thump, followed by some scrambling noises and Griffin appears at the
door in his underwear. Before I can doubt myself I launch into an explanation.

"Griffin,I have something really important to talk to you about and I know its going to
change our lifes forever but its a choice we made and- wait, why are you in your
underwear?" "I was sleeping" Griffin mumbles "What did you need to say?"
"What? oh yeah, um....can I come in?" I say quietly, having lost my start.
"Why? can't you just say it here?" Griff replies,
"No! Its way to important! let me in." I say, pushing past him into the room.

As usual, Griffin's dorm room is a cluttered mess. I give the room a quick one
over and quickly decide the floor is the cleanest place to sit. "Whats wrong?"
Griffin asks, now fully awake. Dammit, I never meant to cry but when I
reach my fingers up I can feel hot tears on my face and before I know it,
I'm blubbering like a two year old. "I...I'm pregnant" I gulp before being
hit by a wave of fresh tears.

Instructor
#46 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 6:45 PM
*gasps* Ooooh! Griffin, be nice to her! I love Kamryn and Kyla's relationship, it's very real. Great update, I missed this!
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:28 AM
I love this so far! great story

Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:10 PM

Chapter Eleven

Silence. Words are powerful but silence is just as much so. I want so bad
for Griffin to do something. Cry, scream, throw something, anything. But
all he does is sit there, looking at nothing and saying nothing. For some reason,
this makes me so angry. It makes me want to scream at him to do something, to
say something. But just like him, I say nothing.

I stay the night with Griffin. We order take out and watch a movie, acting like nothing
is different even though our whole lives are upside down. Griffin falls asleep on the couch
but I can't sleep so I just sit and stare out the window, watching the rain.

I wake up the next morning to Griffin making breakfast. Stumbling over, I sit down at the
bar, trying in vain to wipe the sleep from my eyes.
"Griff, can we talk about something?" I ask quietly.
Griffin doesn't say anything.
"I- I really think we need to talk about...what we're going to do now.."
Silence.

"Um, I have a little bit of savings but I guess I'm going to try to find a job and
I'm not really sure where to put baby furniture.."
Silence.
"Dammit Griffin say something, anything so I know what your thinking!"
"Do you want your eggs scrambled or fried?"

"Argh! Boy's are so stupid!" I explode,stalking through the door.
"Uh,ok..." Kamryn says, looking up from the book she's been reading.
"I tried to talk to Griffin about the baby and he wouldn't say anything!"
I grumble, flopping down on the couch. " I mean, I knew he'd be upset but
I thought he'd atleast talk to me!"
"He's scared Kyla, not everybody wants to talk when their upset.." Kamryn
explains gently.

" But he has to say something, how else am I going to know if I'm alone in this."
I squeak. Dammit, I'm crying again. Kamryn comes over and sits next me, putting
an arm around my shoulder.
"Sweetie, even if Griffin wants nothing to do with the baby you won't be alone, I'll
be right here."
"That's totally corny, but thank you." I snuffle.

That evening I spend some time playing with Kirby, hoping the fresh air will clear
my head. Kirby couldn't care less that I'm scared, sad, or worried. She just wants
me to throw the stick. Suddenly, Kirby gives a loud bark and dives around the corner.
"Kirby! your not suppose to do that until I actually throw the stick!" I yell. 'You can't
fetch if I don't throw it!" But she does fetch something, she fetches Griffin.

"Oh, hi" I say, trying not to sound pissed. "What are you doing here?" Griffin
gives me a sheepish smile. "Sucking up. Hoping you'll understand that I do care.
I just- I didn't know what to say..." Damn. Why does he make it so hard to be
mad at him."Griff," I say, voice tight with tears "what are we gonna do?"
"I don't know, but we'll figure it out together, I promise your not alone in this."
He says, putting an arm around me. "I love you".
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:31 PM
I'm loving the story...but I have to ask how Kirby changed breeds! (I'd noticed before what a cute husky she was...and now she's a black lab??)
Inventor
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EdieBird
I'm loving the story...but I have to ask how Kirby changed breeds! (I'd noticed before what a cute husky she was...and now she's a black lab??)

Yeah, my computer crashed and I lost everything so I had to remake it all. I know I downloaded that husky somewhere but I can't remember where so I'm gonna keep looking and Kirby should be a husky again by the next chapter. :D
Page 2 of 4