Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 2:17 AM
Default Chapter nine
Thanks Evangeline, that means alot to me

Chapter 9

His name was, Ian

At first I though he was what I needed. He helped me out of my bad run and helped me deal with Fallon’s death, least I thought he did. You see Ian was a controlling man and liked to have things his own way.
I had never been a weak person and was always able to stand up for myself, and not once did I ever let anyone put me down or make me feel any less then a person. But I wasn’t myself and Ian knew it. Ian wooed me at first. Like most men, he took me out for the romantic dinners, walks in the park, we even went clubbing together.

He was so sweet.
Before I knew it, we were living together. Not long after that we were engaged. He didn’t like it but I wore Fallon’s ring on my other finger. He would make snide comments about it. Basically he was jealous of Fallon and all he had been to me. They weren’t the only comments he made, he made me feel like I was nothing. He would tell me at every opportunity that I was useless and wouldn’t amount to anything. That it was a good thing I had him to help me. I ended up believing his words and took them as my gospel.

I guess that’s why we still went ahead with the wedding. I felt I needed a way to make myself feel better.
Kyle had flown back especially for the wedding to be my ‘man of honor’. It was meant to be an outdoor wedding, for which I am grateful, never happened. Ian left me at the alter.
Kyle and I were waiting in a tent, set up just for us at the venue, ready for the ok to start walking down the isle.

We had been waiting ½ an hour, when the wedding planner came in with a note and handed it to me. I remember it word for word…

Ariannah,

I don’t love you anymore. Actually to be honest, I never did. I don’t know why I thought you would change, and I am kicking myself I wasted so much time trying. You are useless and always will be. I am better off without you
Don’t bother contacting me, I want nothing more to do with you.

Ian.

It was almost a relief not to be marrying Ian. I had always known I didn’t want to be with him, and reading that note was like being let out of prison.
After that day I got myself a new life. With help and a lot of counseling I became me again. Life was great for the longest time; it was nice to be me and to feel free…until I got the bombshell of my life!

my stories:
Something Lost
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 3:09 AM
Ouch, I just read the past few updates, and I feel so bad for her! At least she still seems to be a good caring persona dn all that, I hope things turn out better for her! Update soon and happy simsing!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#28 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 3:26 AM
Awww....Arianah doesn't have that much good luck with guys, does she? I agree with FurryPanda; she seems to be a very nice person. Hopefully everything will turn out good in the end for her. Great update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 2:21 AM
Default Chapter ten
Thanks Evangeline and FurryPanda for your comments. And no she doesn't have any luck. She isn't meant to.

Sorry for the short chapter.

Chapter 10

I was driving to my parents place for dinner with them. Something I hadn’t done in the longest time, and I was completely looking forward to it.

It had been raining most of that day and the roads were a bit slippery. It never fazed me. I had always loved everything about the rain and was always careful to take my time when driving in it. If I knew what was going to happen I wouldn’t have been in my car at the time.
I was singing away to the radio, watching the car in front of me, playing with their brakes.

Figuring they must have got them new for Christmas I didn’t take much notice. The next thing I knew their brakes became a reddish blur, then disappeared altogether. Then everything went black. I couldn’t see. Going into panic, I slammed my foot on my own breaks I swerved onto what I thought was the medium strip. It wasn’t. I found out later that I had swerved into an on coming truck. All I remember after that is hearing an almighty crash, and then there was nothing.
The next thing I heard was crying. I willed myself to try to get to the person who was doing the crying. When I was able to get my eyes open, it was to see my mum sitting next to the bed crying.

I tried to speak to her, but I didn’t have a voice and only made a squeaking sound. Mum was beside herself that I had finally woken up. She told me later I had been like that for four weeks, she also told me how I had got there and that I was lucky I was alive. My car was a complete right off. But that wasn’t the worst thing. No the worst was yet to come.

my stories:
Something Lost
#30 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 11:31 PM
That stinks. Hopefully she'll recover soon, though I sort of doubt it. And I wonder what the horrible thing she keeps talking about is? Hmm.
Great update!
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 12:21 AM
Oh, poor thing getting in a car accident! that is so sad. I love this story, but may I agains uggest you use the grammar check, or get someone to look it over for you? Breaks are what happen to your bones. Brakes are on tires. Choppy and fragmentary sentences are also annoying to read. I still am because those sentences are telling a fine story, but the storytelling itself could be worked on. I hope I haven't offended you. Update soon and happy simsing!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 2:02 AM
Thanks (again) Evangeline and you will find out in the next chapter. And FurryPanda, you have far from offended me. I would like to say thank-you for pulling me up on my grammar (i am constantly in trouble for it). I appreciate your honesty! (and thanks for pointing out the 'breaks' i didn't even notice).

my stories:
Something Lost
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 3:34 AM
Default Chapter eleven & Epilogue
Chapter 11

After the nurses had cleared away the tubing and machines surrounding my body and bed and made me comfortable in my own pjs, the doctor came in, his face was somber. Mum took hold of my hand and gave it a squeeze, reassuring me of something she knew but I didn’t. It left me more confused.
The doctor took the biggest breath I had seen anyone take, then he started talking.

He told me that the accident may have saved my life, as when I was brought in I was given a scan and they had found a tumor in my brain. He said that’s what had cause the black out while I was driving. They took me to theater straight away to not only fix my injuries from the accident, but they were also able to remove most of the tumor and sent it off for testing, he had received the results on the sample that day. The news gutted us.
It was cancerous, and because there was still some of it left, there was a chance it would grow back. He said that chemo it should shrink it and eventually, with any luck get rid of it. I felt like I had when Fallon died…numb.
With the support from Kyle, my family and friends, I had the chemo. Loosing my hair had to be one of the worst part of it. Mum kept telling me it would grow back. Kyle gave me the ultimate gift, he came over one day, completely bald.

I couldn’t believe my eyes, but he managed to give me something to smile about.

Everything was fine a year after the chemo was over, the tumor hadn’t grown, but my hair had and I hadn’t suffered any side affects, Kyle was even thinking of leaving us again to go back overseas. Life was what it was meant to be, until one fatal check up. The tumor had grown back, fast, and it was continuing to grow at a very fast rate. The doctors gave me mere weeks to live. There was nothing they could do to help me. The hardest thing was telling everyone, especially my best friend who had been there for me, for everything!

Epilogue
I am dying, and the story you have read is the flash back of my life, my romantic life…because that’s what I am and always will be a romantic.

My name is Arianah Jessamine Emily Bella Lucas, and to understand the end you will always need to understand the beginning….

my stories:
Something Lost
#34 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 9:45 PM
Aww, it's over? Well, this was a wonderful story. I enjoyed every second of it. I like how you described everything. The ending was sad and yet optimistic. Again, this was a great story, and I can't wait to see more from you.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 4:10 AM
Wow. I am in awe. That was such a beautiful ending, so soft and sad and poignant. Wow. I like how it gives no hint of it through the whole story, but the general vibe once you know how it ends points to it. And I keep wanting to say 'Wow, this was so fracking awesome!" but you deserve more articulate comments than that for somehing this amazing. on second thought, no you don't.

WOW! This was so fracking awesome!! I hope you write more stories here, you are amazing.

#36 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 11:45 AM
That was such a beautiful story. I'm sad to see it end

Like the others, I too hope to see more stories from you! I've enjoyed this one very much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:08 AM
Thanks to everyone that commented (it means a lot to me). Special thanks (again) to Furry Panda for pointing out my grammar, you have made me more aware of it (hopefully i can improve it).
As for more stories, I guess i will have to see. This story didn't generate much interest and i am not sure if another one written by me will also. BUT you never know.
Thanks again for reading.

my stories:
Something Lost
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:21 AM
It didn't generate alot of interest because it was short and you're newish. I'm convinced the only reason that the stories that get tons of comments is because the members are well known and there's a little button in your siggie that's all over the place. For something to be noticed jsut on its own merits takes alot of time, which a short story typically can't manage. Don't be discouraged that your first story didn't get a lot of attention, the more you write, and post, the bigger the following you get is.

Oh and this is probably shameless, but the more people whose stories you comment in the more likely that the author will comment in yours, and if you're witty there, some of their readers might take a peek. That's hardly guaranteed though.

Page 2 of 2