Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:27 PM
As soon as I saw Emalita I knew she was the girl I was going to marry.

Em’s cool.
She’s down to earth, unpretentious, fun, and she makes me happy…and she never takes my ribbing to heart.

We compliment eachother.
While I’m more of your quiet type, Emalita is talkative and spontaneous.
I prefer to keep to myself where Em just lay’s it on the line. I dig that.

I moved here to house sit for my aunt, just a few months before Em moved here so I’m, like her, still adjusting to this strange little neighbourhood.

As you may know, I play lead guitar in a band and play most weekends. Em comes along when she can. She shares the same passion for music I do. And whenever she’s there I just watch her…It’s as if she’s the only person in the whole place.

And as I watch her I know she is the only person I ever want to be with and I couldn’t live without her which is why I’m not waiting any longer.

Like I said on the day we met. Emalita is the girl I’m going to marry and I’m not waiting any longer to ask her..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd May 2007 at 10:49 AM
Default Dog of a Day
It was almost 5 by the time I got home and still raining. I love the rain but it’s ALWAYS raining lately.

Hey! There’s a dog outside. I wonder if he’s the one who’s been digging holes in my yard?

Aww look at him all alone in the rain. I wonder if he’s lost. I’ll go see if he’s alright. God I’m a sucker.

Friendly thing he is. Doesn’t seem to have a collar, I hope he has a home.

Well if he does have a home he’s not been very well trained! He just ran inside and started chewing on my furniture!

Note to self: Don’t greet people or animals if you don’t want them in your house.

‘Bad dog! Bad dog!’ I yelled at him and he hung his big dopey head like he was sorry. Aww I hate that

Thing was. He wouldn’t leave!
I tried ignoring him for a bit but he was happy to frolic around outside so I thought if I play with him a bit he might get the attention he obviously wants and then go home.

I picked up a stick and threw it

but this dog never seemed to get tired!
In the end I simply told him to go home and went back inside.

I told Dave I’d pick him up at 6 and it’s already 5 past and I’ve not even showered or changed!

I think I’ve just had my quickest shower ever. Well I guess this will have to do, Dave will be wondering where the hell I am.

That’ll be him now..

Field Researcher
#53 Old 3rd May 2007 at 2:34 PM
I liked this story. I really enjoy your interpretations of what they think.
#54 Old 3rd May 2007 at 8:23 PM
ahhh wow when i realised that was the last chapter i was like "what the heck i want more that can't be it"
Instructor
#55 Old 3rd May 2007 at 8:29 PM
Eeeee! The cuteness, yay! (I love happymaking stories.) I want more! :D
Theorist
#56 Old 3rd May 2007 at 11:31 PM
That's the ending? I hope Emalita said yes! This was a very good story.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th May 2007 at 10:43 AM
No No No ! That's not the end LOL I've just incorporated a bit of a story into it so things make more sense. I'm moving them so it's a loooong process on my computer won't be too long getting some more chapters up hopefully.

I'm actually not intending for the story to be 'cute' but if that makes any of you happy then i'm happy with that
#58 Old 4th May 2007 at 12:56 PM
I really like the concept of this story, and your a very good writer ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th May 2007 at 1:19 PM
My computer can't handle the sims atm and I'm doing some sorting with Delphy's wonderful Download organizer and moving some files out to hopefully speed things up a bit.
I think i might get a loan and just buy a top of the line computer that can handle the game lol...seriously..i don't think i can live without sims and that's sad.
I will try again to play tomorrow
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:09 PM
Default A light proposal..Over to Dave
I'm going away for a week to South Australia so i won't be able to update, but here's a little something until i get back

Emalita and I both love Asian food and I found this cool restaurant when I was riding past recently.
Em said how gorgeous it was as we stood on one of the bridges and looked into the ponds below.

I didn’t dress up for the occasion because Emalita would have clicked right away that something was up. She looked beautiful as always even if she was paranoid her hair still smelled of chlorine…she worries too much sometimes.

We were shown to our seats immediately and the first thing we noticed was the menu…It’s always the same! We’ve been to few different eateries now and each one serves exactly the same meals.

Emalita and I looked at eachother and raised our brows ‘Fillet Mignon then’ She laughed.
At least the food tasted good.

Em loves to watch other people. This town fascinates her. It fascinates me too! Neither of us have worked out if we like it or not. Em says it sometimes reminds her of the movie Stepford Wives.

I could see Emalita watching people enter the restaurant out of the corner of her eye. She giggles sometimes and her reactions always make me laugh. A man walked in waiting to be seated wearing shorts and socks pulled up to his knees and Em whispers to me ‘Is that your grandad?’ I almost choked on my steak.

(My picture went missing! It was of a male sim in that daggy maxis clothing anyway-sorry-had to insert this one instead)

The whole time all I could think about was the ring box in my pocket. I couldn’t finish my meal …I couldn’t wait any longer.

I leant forward and asked Em if she remembered the first thing I said to her when we met. Of course she did so I pulled out the box….’well?’

I’m a man of few words.
I didn’t even need to say anymore she was already squealing and saying yes!
She was so excited she literally threw the ring box over her shoulder and onto the floor!

The butterflies were just settling back down in my stomach when the waiter leant over in the middle of it all to clear our plates. I could have kicked him!

If Emalita hadn’t have been pouring over the ring she WOULD have kicked him.
#61 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:00 PM
How sweet! Oh *tear tear* Great update!
Instructor
#62 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:35 PM
Awww. So cute!! Great update!! Have fun in Southern Australia. :D
Instructor
#63 Old 9th May 2007 at 7:45 PM
Eeee, yay, the cuteness! Can't wait to see their kids. I love your pictures, and yay, she people-watches too! Lovely update, and have fun! I want to go to Australia...
Field Researcher
#64 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:12 PM
Great update, I can't wait to see what happens with these two. Have a safe trip to Australia!
#65 Old 10th May 2007 at 6:06 PM
wow i can't beleive they are getting married i am so happy for them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 15th May 2007 at 4:11 AM
Thanks peeps
I actually live in Australia i just went to another state...i had only ever been to one other state before so i eventually want to work my way around my own country
obviously i'm back (and stuffed-got home around 2 hours ago) so hopefully i can play my sims tonight or tomorrow....having withdrawals....need to check out the updates pages too see what new stuff i can squeeze into my DL folder and make my game run even slower
#67 Old 15th May 2007 at 4:22 AM
Lol don't you just love to do that? Download til your computer crashes, I mean. It's so fun. I can't wait for the next chapter! That last one was so sweet!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:36 AM
Default New Home
I know my chapter titles are rubbish but it just makes it easier.

Since i'm having game trouble i've thrown together 2 short chapters with what photos i have managed to take

Dave and I bought a house together a few blocks away from my old place. It’s a bit large for us right now but there wasn’t much else on the market, and who knows? Maybe the extra room will come in handy in the near future.

Although I’m not quite ready at the moment I know Dave would love us to have kids one day. I'd be happy with a dog to be honest haha
Well.. At least there’s plenty of room for Dave’s band equipment.

Of course it wasn’t long before the neighbours came to greet us, well me anyway, Dave was at work.
I do find that to be a friendly gesture, apart from certain issues I had last time. I was a little apprehensive at first but I did invite them in for hot chocolate. There was no way I was offering them coffee! That stuff is banned from our house!

I served up the hot chocolate and sat down at the kitchen table with Toby. Suzanne took hers ,walked right past us and sat in the loungeroom.

What! Not good enough for us?
Strangers sit at my table in public areas yet actual visitors sit elsewhere in my home?!?

Well, at least Toby was polite.

They didn’t stay long as I still have this horrid cold that won’t go away and needed to lie down.

I got up when Dave came home we talked about our day and watched TV together…well sort of…Dave’s a channel surfer.

I think I might throw a housewarming party. Have some people over, get to know the neighbours a bit better. Give them a chance….
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th May 2007 at 4:41 AM
Default Still sick
Oh god I feel crap.
This is the longest cold I’ve had yet.

I’d go and see a doctor but there doesn’t seem to be any around here. Which to be honest, I find a little frightening!
I have heard somewhere that I can grow my own fruit and veg which helps a cold but I don’t have a green thumb.
Something to think about though.

I better go and pay the bills before I get another one of those threatening letters from the repo man.

Christ! Don’t people lock up their dogs around here!!

I so don’t have the energy to fill this one.

My beautiful baby came to the rescue! I’m already seeing the joys of living with someone. I don’t have to do Everything myself!

I think this situation with the dogs is pissing Dave off too.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:14 PM
Great update. Love your interpretations. Look forward to next update.
Instructor
#71 Old 18th May 2007 at 1:40 PM
Aw, poor Em... I adore this story! Great update! Dave is so gorgeous. :D
#72 Old 18th May 2007 at 9:38 PM
I'm so loving this! I rate it a 5! Awesome job!
#73 Old 19th May 2007 at 4:59 PM
Oooooo, Great update, for some reason, i think shes pregnant, i may be wrong...
#74 Old 19th May 2007 at 10:44 PM
this is a coool update can't wait to here more
Theorist
#75 Old 19th May 2007 at 11:02 PM
Great updates! Yeah, it is a bit disturbing that there's no doctors when you think about it, the sims have to rely on the player to get better. Of course storywise no one's directly controlling Em and Dave so it's even weirder!
Page 3 of 62