Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 3:57 PM
lol I just finished my story when I went to yours and found you had like just updated it.

I love it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 4:19 PM
As always, great update. And Chloe is such a cute toddler! Can't wait to read more!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#53 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 4:41 PM
Great updates!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Chloe is such a cute toddler!

She didn't used to be... check the before surgery shot... :argh:
Test Subject
#55 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:47 PM
I am adoring this story. It's very cute and I really like the characters; and I love that you update so often. Thanks for a great story!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 8:51 PM
Thanks, everyone! It's good to know you're all enjoying it!
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:52 PM
I love the story. It's one of the best ones I've read on here. Give me more great updates!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 4:16 PM
Default Chapter 11 - Snapshots

And sometimes an unexplained emptiness leaves a greater void than ever imagined.
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 4:27 PM
O me gosh!! Great update!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 6:15 PM
Default Chapter 12 - Who's Your Daddy?
"MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!"

The scream jolted me back to the real world, instead of the daydream I had been in when I was gardening.

"MUUUUMMMEEEEEE!"

I dropped my shears and ran in a panic to the front of the house where Chloe was shouting for me.

"MUUUUUUM!!"

As I turned the corner, my heart was in my mouth, as I imagined a world of terrible things, any of which could have prompted the cries coming from my little girl.

"Mummy!!"

"Mummy, I got an A!! Come look! I got an A!"

Relief flooded through me.

"Is that all?" I laughed.

Chloe looked disappointed. "Aren't you proud?" she asked, hurt.

"Of course I'm proud, I'm so pleased for you honey, but when you were shouting I thought something bad had happened... I was just being silly."

Chloe chuckled. "What could ever happen to me, Mum? This is a nice place."

I smiled at her innocence. "Come on, my little genius. Do you want to help me in the garden?"

Bless her, she worked so hard on that garden.

I came in a few hours later to find her sprawled on the sofa, asleep, with the tv on.

"Chloe? Wake up honey, it's time for bed."

"Hey Mum, can we talk for a sec?"

"Of course we can, honey, what's the matter?"

"Am I normal?"

"What? Of course you're not, honey. You're very special and that's why I love you."

"Oh... ok. Never mind."

She got up to go to bed, looking dejected.

"Chloe, stop. What's wrong? Talk to me."

She sighed, and plonked herself on the floor in a gesture achingly reminiscent of the pose her father had taken on the day we first met.

"Mum..." she said, taking a deep breath. "Why don't I have a daddy?"

Oh, cr*p.

"Honey... you don't have a daddy because... well, you're father isn't a very nice man. There's no easy way to tell you this, so, I guess I'll just start from the beginning..."

As I went through the whole messy history leading up to the birth of my precious little girl, her face became more and more clouded.

"So... I was a mistake? You didn't want me?"

"You are the best thing that has EVER happened to me. EVER. I never thought I'd love anyone as much as I love you, do you hear me? No, you weren't planned but, Chloe, I would be lost without you. You don't have a daddy, and you're better without him. And no, you're not 'ordinary', and I'm so pleased you're not. You're perfect, and I love you very much."

Finally she smiled and got up to go to bed.

"I love you too, Mum."

I gave myself a few minutes after tucking Chloe into bed. Talking to her about Malcolm was hard, but she needed to know the truth about her father. Plus, if she knew the truth about him, she wouldn't be deluded into trying to find him later in life.

As I stood up to go to bed, I noticed a moving van outside Claudia's. There seemed to be a lot of commotion. As I watched, Claudia, Jamie, a man and a little girl, neither of whom I recognised, piled into Claudia's car and drove off, with the van following behind. Patricia stood on the drive by the fountain, watching her daughter drive away. In the darkened window of an upstairs room, I thought I saw the figure of a man, but in a second, he was gone.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 1:02 AM
ooh ah, i hope there's more soon!!!!
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 4:27 AM
I just read through your story and I love it! looking forward to more

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 11:16 AM
Default Chapter 13 - Bump in the Night

"Hey, Beth, its me."

"Claude! How are you? Call me crazy but... did I see you move out last night?"

"Yep, that was me!" Claude chuckled. "Things got a bit... weird at home."

"What happened?"

"Well, you remember that guy from my office that I went on a date with? Well, things have been getting a little serious with him, so I decided to ask him back to my place, to meet Jamie... and, well, Dad was home, and he kinda went mad. He has this thing about deciding who I date and he really didn't like Jasper for some reason and he just went mad and 'forbade' me to date him, like he was some 18th century lord or something!"

"What?!"

"I know! So I just lost it, he's been doing this since I was a teenager, and I'm just so tired of it! So I told him I wasn't a little girl anymore, and I'd see who I wanted to."

"So what did he say?" I asked.

"He threw me out."

"WHAT!"

"It's ok, though. Jasper was there, and he asked me to move in with him. We're living in a little house just the other side of Riverblossom Hills."

"Are you sure you're not moving too fast?"

"Not at all. I know you're edgy about this stuff because of what happened with Malcolm, but... I just know this is the right thing to do. And there was no way I was staying home with Dad."

"Honey, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters. Listen, give me your address and I'll come see you!"

"Sure, but... before you do, I need to tell you something else..."

"I'm having a baby."
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 5:05 PM
I love this story..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 5:15 PM
Default Chapter 14 - Claudia's Big Move

Seeing Claudia again was great, and I can honestly say I've never seen her so happy. She was even putting on weight along with her pregnancy. Its weird, I never realised how stressed she was until it had gone.

"So you must be the lovely Beth!" exclaimed a tall redheaded guy, who smiled warmly at me.

"I'm Jasper. Claudia's told me so much about you."

"Well, I have to be honest Jasper, I haven't heard much about you."

"I know, it all happened a bit fast! I know you're going to worry about her moving too fast because of what happened to you, but...I just couldn't let Claude stay in a house like that. You know what it's like with someone you love."

"You love her?" I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"With all my heart."

I smiled. "Ok, you passed the test. You can stay!"

Jasper laughed, and gave me a hug. "Thanks. That means a lot."

"So," said Claudia, dishing up salad, "Everyone's getting along?"

"He's great." I replied.

"God, look how grown up we are." Claudia said. "It seems like just yesterday that you just moved in, and now all of a sudden I'm having my second baby and your little girl's about to go to high school."

"I know." I replied. "Life's moving so fast."
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 6:46 PM
Good update
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:33 AM
nice updates! Im glad Claudia can finally be happy

#68 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:57 AM
Yay for Claudia. She deserves to be happy!
#69 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 10:23 AM
Ohhh baby time! Claudia's baby will be beautiful ^__^ Awsome story <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 5:32 PM
Default Chapter 15 - Chloe's Choice
I lost some pics, so there's been a bit of a jump here, but hopefully I can catch you all up...

Man, I was pooped. I'd been up all night helping Mum with the garden, and then I'd had to finish my homework. Mum always insisted the garden came first, then my studies. Doesn't she realize I have exams in a few weeks?

Looking out of my bedroom window I could see her in the garden. I didn't understand why she didn't just leave it until the morning; she must be freezing out there.

I came down the next morning to find a bowl of cereal waiting for me, along with Mum.

"How did you sleep, honey?"

"Fine thanks, Mum. You? What time did you go to bed?"

"Oh, it was about one before I turned in."

I groaned inwardly. She couldn't keep doing this, and I didn't have the time to help her what with all my schoolwork.

"Listen, Jamie's coming over later, is that ok?"

Mum raised her eyebrows.

"That's fine, honey. Anything I should know about you two?"

"Mum, for goodness' sake. Jamie is my oldest friend, I've known him ever since I can remember. He's like a brother to me. Nothing... gross is happening. He's just coming over to see me before he leaves for college."

"That's a shame." Mum sighed. "You're really going to miss him, aren't you? I'm glad you're staying here with me, I don't know how I'd cope without you."

"Yeah..."

Guilt knotted in my stomach; I hadn't told Mum about the applications I'd sent to Sim State University, let alone the acceptance letter that I'd hidden under my mattress. I hadn't even decided if I was going yet. I'd deal with that later.

Later that morning, Jamie and I were standing on the front lawn.

"So, what's new?" I asked.

"Not much. Mum's preggo again. You'd have thought me and the little sister from hell were enough. But enough about me. Have you told her yet?" he asked.

"No," I grimaced, "She gave me the whole 'I can't imagine being without you' speech and I chickened out."

"Chloe! You can't keep letting her rule your life... Come on, when was the last time you actually made your own choice?!"

"Hmm... let me think... never?" I joked. "Come on, Jamie, you know my Mum, she's so over protective it's scary."

I glanced over Jamie's shoulder, and lo and behold, there was Mum, embarrassing me as always, smooching her boyfriend in full view of the neighbours.

Leod. I actually quite liked the guy; he made Mum happy, and it had been a long time since I'd seen her happy. I actually couldn't remember a time when she didn't look like there was something on her mind.

"We should go upstairs; if I have to watch those two pash any more I won't be able to eat tonight." I led Jamie up to my room.

Upstairs, I tried to steer the conversation away from my Mum and her vice-like grip on my life, but Jamie wasn't having any of it.

"You can't keep letting her her ruin your life, Chlo. You're almost eighteen, she's not going to be able to hold onto you forever."

"Try telling her that. What am I supposed to do?"

"You need to show her you're an adult, that you're in charge of your own decisions now."

"And how would you suggest I do that?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "When I turned 18, I got access to the trust fund Grandma set up for me when Dad died, I think Mum wasn't keen but I was old enough to make my own decisions. I think she expected me to buy a car or something, so she was pleasantly surprised when I opened a savings account. Just show her you can make good decisions without her help."

All of a sudden, it hit me. I knew exactly what I had to do to show my choices were my own. She'd hate it at first, but she'd get over it.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 12:28 AM
So is this story going to be from the daughters point of view now?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 9:26 AM
For the moment, yes.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 6:09 PM
I just read the last couple of updates and I really love what you're doing with the story! can't wait to read more, as always, happy simsing.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#74 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 8:58 PM
Default Chapter 16 - Big Changes

Later that afternoon, Mum, Leod, Jamie and I were sat having dinner. Jamie and I had just got back from town, where I'd been stocking up on essentials for the big change.

"So Jamie," Mum said, "Chloe tells me you're deserting us all."

"I don't see it like that, Ms. Mossberg. I see it more as an opportunity to see more of the world, better myself, you know?"

"Yes, I have been to college, and I can tell you it's not all it's cracked up to be. And Leod didn't go, and he's doing okay for himself, aren't you dear?"

Mum stretched her hand across the table and started canoodling with Leod again.

"Well, I'd better go," said Jamie, as I rolled my eyes at my mother. "Chloe, that... textbook you wanted, I put it in your drawer for you."

"Um, thanks Jamie. See you later."

I showed Jamie out, then headed upstairs, making up some stuff about research, pulled out the package from my drawer and locked myself in my bathroom.

"What the h*ll have you done to yourself?!" Mum screamed. She'd come in to the bathroom just as I was putting the finishing touches to my hair.

"Your beautiful hair!" she moaned. "How could you be so stupid!"

"I'm not stupid, Mum!" I yelled. "This is what I've wanted for ages, and I've been too scared to do it because you're so bloody controlling you'd probably choke me on cotton wool!"

"I can't believe you! You are so immature!"

"Well, Sim State must think I'm mature, seeing as they've offered me a place there!"

Mum recoiled into stunned silence.

"What? You applied to college and didn't even tell me?"

"What was I supposed to say, Mum? Everytime college is mentioned, you just talk about how awful your experience was, and how you'd fall apart without me."

"I love you, Mum, but you can't make my choices for me any more. I'm old enough to make my own mistakes, and you need to let me. Did you really think I'd stay here on the farm forever?"

"Well, that's kind of what I'd hoped." Mum replied.

"I'm going to college, Mum. I don't need your approval, but it would still mean a lot to me to have it."

"I'm sorry, Chloe, but you're not going to get it. I've worked every single day since you were born to provide for you, but you've just thrown it back in my face. I can't stop you going, but don't think for one second I'm happy about it."

With that she turned and left, leaving me to get dressed, guilt and confusion buzzing around my head.

The next morning, I packed my things and called a taxi to take me to Sim State. I left the house alone, with Mum in the lounge, staring at the wall with Leod's arm around her. Apparently he was moving in. I was pleased she wouldn't be alone, but at the same time there was no way I was going back in there. It was time to start living my own life.
Instructor
#75 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 10:49 PM
Great updates! Things have really progressed along since I have last read. Just hope things start looking up for Chloe.

Auroraspirit :angel:
Page 3 of 11