Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 9:50 PM
Default "Soon to be Mom & Me" [Managed by Freelancer]

Contest hosted and judged by Spicycookies. Huge thanks to -shady- and tio_r at MTS2 for their support. This Contest is considered half beauty, have creativity, therefore it should be placed under -OTHER-

Hello everyone! I am Spicycookies, and I am currently hosting a contest that focuses on YOU and YOUR baby! Anybody can enter, even if you aren't so thrilled about your future child! But before you enter, please take the time to read over our rules..
  • The sim you wish to enter must be a female, teen or adult. Any species is permitted. They must also be currently pregnant.
  • There will be four rounds in total. Every round, with the exception of the applications, will be judged according on creativity/beauty, understanding the task, and the storyline.
  • Only one application per person please
  • You can use as much custom content are you please!
  • Photo shopping isn't necessary but may earn you extra points from the judges!

Judges:
These will be the judges.
1) Spicycookies
2) BewitchedPrue
3) Acey
4) IceAngel12891

Applications: There is a maximum of 10 applications, unless said otherwise. To enter, please fill out our simple application form:

Your full name:
Your age:
Create a short biography about yourself:

You must have a minimum of three photos in your entry: A facial shot and two body shots. One body shot must be a picture of your sim before they were pregnant, and the other photo is a picture of them with their baby bump. You can include a free shot if you wish.

Rounds: There will be a total of 4 rounds.

FIRST ROUND - A trip to the past
SECOND ROUND - Opportunity to shine
THIRD ROUND - Special Delivery
FOURTH ROUND - Baby runway

All applications must be in before date limit. Thank you.

PRIZE !!! (Oh yes, It's good :D)

The lovely sims 2 creator known as -shady- has donated to us a pair of her famous EYES as a contest prize! I know you guys will love them just as much as I do! Here is the picture preview:

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 7:21 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 11.18.08
Ends TBD
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 9:13 PM
Contestants
1) Chowgilly - Marissa Taylor: Application, Round 1
2) Cavilez1987 - Anita Dawson: Application, Round 1
3) Summerkelsa - Mienke Brophy:Application, Round 1
4) FrenchFlutie10 - Annabelle Elizabeth Trace: Application, Round 1
5) Beki - Laura Maria Kinsworth: Application, Round 1
6) BubbleTeez - Anastasia Applewhite: Application, Round 1
7) Freelancer - Application, Round 1
8) Simcharley1990 - Sasha Lousia Logan: Application, Round 1
9) Emodawg - Queenie La Rue (Renee Laurence): Application, Round 1
10) Singing_Noel - Landen Crick: Application, Round 1

There will be around 2-3 contestants eliminated each round. If you have any questions or comments, please PM Spicycookies.

Drop outs/Eliminated

1) Zela - Dana E. Lyons: Application (Dropped Out :eviltongu )
2) Deatherella - Debbie Hoyt: Application, Round 1 (Eliminated )
3)Lauratje86 - Alice Newton: Application, Round 1 (Eliminated )
4) Omgitsashley - Carmen Hovannes: Application, Round 1 (Eliminated )
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 11:06 PM
When do apps end?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:15 AM
I'd like to join, but I do not have internet on my sims computer and my jump drive stopped working. Plus my sims is acting weird. So could I be a judge if you still need one?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 3:13 AM
Default Application
Name: Debbie Hoyt
How is the father supporting you? He lives with me. He's a great guy with a family aspiration. This child fulfills his lifetime want of ten children so he's quite excited.
Short Biography:
I live in an old castle that needs alot of work. I'm the first Sim my Great Goddess created and I've had quite an exciting life here in Pleasantville. I've made lots of friends -- especially Raven Macadema, the father of my unborn child. We've had four kids together in the past but they're all off to college now.
I'm at the top of my field. I'm a Mad Scientist and thoroughly enjoy life with a platinum plumbbob over my noggin at all times.
I'm really looking forward to my upcoming child since this big ol' pile sure has been kind of empty lately with only the pitter patter of my adopted daughter's toes. I'm sure she'll enjoy a new sibling, too, since she brings home friends from school almost everyday. I think she'd really like having another "little person" around the house.

Head Shot:

Here I am pillow-fighting with Raven before he put a bun in my oven:

Since, I'm always running amuk in my undies (It's one of Raven's turn-ons.), of course, I got my baby bump while getting up from napping on the divan.

Free Shot: Raven and I were cuddling, while I was trying to convince him that all his children's names don't need to rhyme with his, he distracted me with this sweet kiss.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
#7 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 3:38 AM
I would love to judge as long as you still need one :]
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 12:20 PM
Acey: Thank you for wanted to help judge :D

Deatherella: I'm so glad you caught this for me, I mean, how could I forget the photos? Yes, you will need two photos, a face shot and two before you were pregnant/after(while your pregnant) body shots.
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IceAngel12891
I'd like to join, but I do not have internet on my sims computer and my jump drive stopped working. Plus my sims is acting weird. So could I be a judge if you still need one?

That would be awesome of you two, Chelsea! Thanks!
#10 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 1:06 PM
I had a plot bunny in the shower this morning and figured I should ask first; could we use a Maxis-made sim? I'm figuring the answer would be yes, but thought I should probably ask anyway. (It's not Brandi Broke :P)
Instructor
#11 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 4:04 PM
Default Application Round - Marissa Taylor
Name - Marissa Taylor
Age - 24
Location - Ohio
How is the Father Supportive? Joel is great, he's been working full days as a Gym Instructor, aswell as coming home, doing all the housework and taking care of me, and he never complains, even when he gives me back rubs!
Short Biography This is my third pregnancy,i have PCOS and we were helped to conceive with fertility treatment.We're hoping this one will go to term, and we are expecting twins!
We suffered two painful miscarriages and are so thankful to be pregnant again,and are doing everything we can to prevent miscarrying again, including me giving up work as a teacher, and a lot of bed rest.

Head Shot

Before Pregnancy

While Pregnant

Free Shot

Joel giving me one of his amazing backrubs, I tell you, it pays to have a hubby who does sports physio!

Im done with my app, if theres any probs with it let me know and ill fix it.
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 6:00 PM
Default I have no Title. Yayyyyyyyyy.
Quote: Originally posted by Spicycookies
Acey: Thank you for wanted to help judge :D

Deatherella: I'm so glad you caught this for me, I mean, how could I forget the photos? Yes, you will need two photos, a face shot and two before you were pregnant/after(while your pregnant) body shots.

I'll be back after awhile with pics. I found the problem with my game crashing -- wasn't a download, was Sim2 Categorizer. Should've known. Most of that site's stuff never worked well for me in Sims 1 either. My Sim's belly didn't pop yesterday while I was working on my game so I'm gonna go play long enough for it to pop, take some pics and be back with them.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Forum Resident
#13 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 7:49 PM
Default Application: Anita Dawson
Name: Anita Dawson
How is the father supporting you?: He is the best. I swear, I can't make a sound without him flying down the stairs to check up on me. I am so tempted to send him on a vacation, so at least I can grunt and moan all I want, he he.
Short Biography: I was born and raised here in Iowa. I have always thought to raise all my kids here and I will. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now. We never thought it would be possible to get pregnant, given that I only have one ovary, but when we found out that I was pregnant, I couldn't stop crying and he couldn't stay off the phone.

Head Shot

Before Pregnancy

During Pregnancy
Second Trimester

FreeShot
Amazingly, the baby likes when we dance together.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 7:53 PM
This looks fun . When do apps end?

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 9:14 PM
Currently, I'm scheduling the apps to end before or on Sunday.

BTW, good entries everyone! I'm serious!
#16 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 11:41 PM
im working on an app
Mad Poster
#17 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:45 AM
Default Alice Newton - Application
Ok, here goes :-)

Your full name: Alice Newton
Your age: 28
How is the father supporting you?: The father, my husband Liam, is not too sure about us having a baby. Neither am I, to be honest. But he is being very supportive, and is always willing to cook for me (he's an awesome cook!), and put up with my mood swings!
Create a short biography about yourself: Liam and I recently moved to Maytown, as I had been accepted for a job working as part of the crew for a film. Becoming a film director has always been a dream of mine, so I was so happy to get the job! Liam is a pretty famous football player, so he had no trouble finding a job here too. Now that we are expecting a baby, I'm worried that I may have to give up my dream career, so I'm not really too happy at being a soon-to-be Mom.

Head Shot:

Body Shot - Before Pregnancy:

Body Shot - First Trimester of Pregnancy:

Free Shot - Liam and I love spending time together - I think that he's worried that we may drift apart after the baby is born.

Sorry that the pictures are so incredibly small, I hope they'll do. Obviously I can't really redo them, as Alice is now pregnant so I can't take the before-pregnancy shots again....... Also, I'm going to be away until Sunday, and I won't be taking my laptop with me. I will take bigger ones for future rounds - I just figured out how to use the Prnt Scrn button, which should help!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 5:51 AM
Does this particular baby, have to be their first child?
Scholar
#19 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:54 AM
LOL. I just noticed that so far half of the ap's have the couple kissing for the free shot. And three out of four are of them cuddling in bed.

Guess great minds think alike.

Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:07 AM
Default [ Application - Mienke Brophy ]
Full Name Mienke Brophy

Age 27

Location Currently? Bali - but I'm heading home to South Africa soon.

How is the father supporting you? 'Supporting' isn't the term I'd use.. Let's just say he liked me a lot more before the bump.

Short Biography I'm an free-spiri - er - independent twenty something who had no intention of settling down any time soon. Now, I had worked my bum off for years saving up so I could just do nothing. Why you ask? I wanted to travel the world. And I did just that. Well, started to, anyways. I was living the life I'd always wanted to. No attachments. No obligations. Just l-i-v-i-n'. There was Frikkie, but he and I weren't an item, really. I couldn't say we were in a committed relationship. We were sorta, just, cruising along. Having fun. Granted, we had been travelling (on and off) together and had briefly lived together prior to going off on my big adventure.. but I can't say we were 'together'. And now I have this -waves dramatically at the bump- and, well, it's been tough gettin' my head around it..

Head Shot - Me

Body Shot No. 1 - Hiking in Sequoia National Park (USA)

Body Short No. 2 - Sporting the bump on Sanur Beach, Bali

Free Shot - Frikkie and I - pre bump - in a bar in Brazil

[[ woo first contest eva! Hope everything is alright - something a little different from the others so far ]]

// sun is in the sky oh why, oh why would I wanna be anywhere else //
Forum Resident
#21 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:15 AM
Deatherella: I think its how we include their SO's in the picture, given the situation of course.
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by singing_Noel
Does this particular baby, have to be their first child?

Nope! It can be their first child, second child, fifth child, who knows! It does no have to be their first child.

Laura: Your app is fine, but I'd make your photo's somewhat bigger for the other rounds, which you seem to be already taking care of! :D

Summer: Nice application! I hope you enjoy your first contest!
#23 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 1:11 PM
beautiful entries everyone and great contest Spicycookies. I'll be lurking!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:39 PM
oohh! this looks good!
If i don't join the one at S2S I deff join this one.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#25 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:30 PM
I dunno... I may join but I don't have any of the pregnancy outfits hack so I am stuck with the normal maternity wear... I'll see tomorrow if all the places are full. ^^ Any way... Great contest by the way... I'll definitely lurk what ever happens. ^^

Page 1 of 10