Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
My sim was in the park when some guy playing chess died. Everyone ran over to watch. He and Death did their thing and the guy dove into the ground. Death then sat down where the guy had been and started playing chess by himself. The crowd dispersed except for one guy. That guy took one look at Death playing chess and promptly fainted. After a little while he got up, looked at Death and fainted again. This continued for 2 or 3 Sim hours until Death finally left.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM
I've got one hell of a maid. She just used my toilet which she broke and then went on to wash her hands at the sink... which she also broke

Other
extinguish???

bug?
Instructor
#53 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM
My husband found a money tree, he was collecting seeds and found some "unknown" seeds and planted them, one came out as a money tree. I thought it was pretty cool. Also my sim's daughter didn't want to do her homework in the dirty house, so she went into the back yard and did it on the ground.
Also the Frio brothers are a bit of a pain to socialize with. Jared especially, once you get to be really good friends with him, he starts getting annoyed with your sim and insults your sim.
My maid also laughs her butt off the entire time Morti Goth is at my sims' house. She points and just laughs on and on at him. Not sure what is so funny.
The toilet they have in their home- it is the mid price range one and they are constantly watching it flush, getting very mad at it and yelling about it. It breaks every day, but they complain about it even when it's working.
Test Subject
#54 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:00 AM
I'm noting how absent the game is of cute little things to discover, or the minute attention to detail that we loved from the Maxis variants. Most people are just reporting on behavior nuances or bugs; things that already existed.

Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about.

GARDENING

For EA: Force users to repeat cycles and actions, don't explain fertilization and have plants die with no real reason. Seeds are scattered and there is not much to discover.

For Maxis: Some growing fails and succeeds (skill dependent), and you may find an easter egg or unique creature underground which you can save for a recipe in something else. Plus, you may develop green thumb disease or something like that.

Maxis cared and thought of things like this post is talking about. EA doesn't care.
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inabisim
I created a sim to play. She was having a horrible time trying to find a suitable mate. So I say screw it, I'm making one. I go to make a new guy sim and put him in a house and get him ready. Two days pass, and I send him to meet the sim I created.

He walks up to the house.
He knocks on the door and she lets him in.
Sitting there on the floor is a little blue thing.

I literally go "wtf is that thing?!!"

Apparently, not even three days pass from me leaving my sim she goes and has a baby. I have NO IDEA who the father is.

OK EA, CAN I HAS MEMORIES PLZ???
Oh my god, this same exact scenario happened to me too!

I made my female Sim, eventually I decided to make a boyfriend for her.

The strange thing was I didn't even get this guy established. I loaded him onto an empty lot, HIT PAUSE IMMEDIATELY, and built his house. I saved, unpaused, and had him jog over to the girl's house...

Somehow within the span of several seconds of being unpaused she'd gone and had a baby.

I switched her to active household to see who the baby's dad was... it came up as some fat bald NPC I'd never seen before...

After that I deleted her and the boyfriend I'd made...
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
My evil Sim impregnated Agnes Crumplebottom without my consent. Sigh. I think that's probably the weirdest thing.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:13 AM
Mine's with genetics. Sims 3 genetics is definitely a few steps below that of Sims 2, I'm sorry to say, but I won't go into that.

My black-haired Self-Sim and her black-haired husband had a redheaded child. They are both first-gen Sims, with my self-Sim having been created in CAS. How on earth did their kid get RED hair? Even if Dad had a recessive red hair color gene (unlikely), this wouldn't be possible.

Ugh.
Instructor
#58 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:39 AM
Pedophiles! LOL
Quote: Originally posted by Citizen3
L-O-L.

Weirdest thing that's happened in my game so far was Miles, a child Sim, was in the bathroom taking a shower when suddenly an action popped up--something to the effect of: "Shoo Away Peeping Sim". I was like "WHA?" And sure enough, standing outside the house by the bathroom window was a mailwoman. The second I tried to zoom in on her, she ran away, off the lot, and disappeared.

What the heck??? Does my game have pedophile Sims??!! I hope it was a bug :/

haha, I had the same thing happen to my daughter-in-law sim. I was recently elected the "Leader of the Free World" and raking in the cash but while I was out at work nobody was home and the daughter was taking a shower (teenager). Then she started freaking out about something and I saw a man in the window!

After I got home I opted to "obtain" Secret Service protection that any world leader should have... and added some guards to my household. That keeps burglers and pedos away.

Anyways, glad you shared that! I thought it was just some random thing that happened to me.

Loving the stories!
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
The 'stork' must be the mystery, surprise, supernatural character that everyone has been wondering about.

Pyramid Head watches the men and women sleep at night. Do not leave them alone.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:58 AM
Quote:
you may find an easter egg or unique creature underground which you can save for a recipe in something else.

I don't quite understand what that sentence means,I never knew you could get random stuff from gardening in the sims 2? I didn't garden much. Hm.

I did find easter eggs in the sims 3,sort of. There's a painting by Darren Dreamer from the sims 2 and there are books titles similar to the Seuss books. I haven't found other 'easter eggs'. Meh though. Sigh. Yeah,EA is lame. Especially with the traits/animation department. Sims are so dead to me.

Quote:
Maxis cared and thought of things like this post is talking about. EA doesn't care.

I miss Maxis too. :/
Quote: Originally posted by Mahouteki
up as some fat bald NPC I'd never seen before... :(

Wow,that is horrible. :(

Quote:
After that I deleted her and the boyfriend I'd made... :(

Aw you shouldn't have done that. D: Why not just delete the baby with moveobjects? I think that's possible.
Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:00 AM
in between switching to another household and having another sim visit said household, one of the sims in that household had a kid

said household is all guys

?????????
Instructor
#62 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wintermute
Mine's with genetics. Sims 3 genetics is definitely a few steps below that of Sims 2, I'm sorry to say, but I won't go into that.

My black-haired Self-Sim and her black-haired husband had a redheaded child. They are both first-gen Sims, with my self-Sim having been created in CAS. How on earth did their kid get RED hair? Even if Dad had a recessive red hair color gene (unlikely), this wouldn't be possible.

Ugh.

I haven't had this exact problem, but I had a red-headed first gen sim and a black-haired first-gen sim have 5 children. Three of the children have red hair, and two have black. So I'm thinking the rules of dominant/recessive genes have been changed.
Test Subject
#63 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
Well, I was up at my friend's house today and brought the Sims 3. We installed it and he played for a little while.

Eventually he got his Sim to go to the park and play his guitar. Suddenly a police cop comes up and starts to listen. I was like "wait.. shouldn't he be patrolling the city" and all of the sudden he comes up to this obese old guy and starts dancing with him. xD;
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
I married my custom sims last night in the park, and invited mostly the coworkers. I set it for formal, and everyone showed up in relatively nice clothes except for one heavy young guy. I can't remember his name, but he was in a flowered tank top and shorts!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aleeeexxx
I thought i was funny when my sim ate her food while sitting on the bathtub.

haha! My sim went and sat on the toilet to eat her meal. Her son had just gotten out of the shower, and he looked at her and scratched his head, and a question mark was floating over his head.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/...creenshot-3.jpg
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
Well, apparently sim children are smarter than EA. I got a child to gossip to her mom and she was all, 'Someone just had a baby, people say it's cute but to me they all look the same. It's a shame they don't have more hair.'

I burst out laughing.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Lol, I was playing on my family, and suddenly a little toddler crawled over the street o__O The street they live in only contains 3 familys, and they life far from others. What was that baby doing there? o__O Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to check (fire at my house)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hreuye.jpg

ingeborgsk
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:04 PM
Well so far the most interesting thing that happened is that my sim got attacked by a zombie while exploring the catacombs. When he left the catacombs it looked like he was in a fire or explosion. He was covered in black soot and was left in only his underwear.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:17 PM
ok so i have this premade couple and they have a child and later decide to adopt another. well the dad has a nasty mean streak and if i dont watch him hes mean to his own daughters. he will actually make fun of the family. im like wtf dude? you are making fun of yourself pretty much! lol!

lol she knows what he was doing apparently and isnt very happy lol!
Mad Poster
#70 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:18 PM
My family had a birthday party for their kid, and the birthday cake set the kitchen on fire! Then, because of the rubbish pathfinding S3 sims have, all the guests were blocking the door going "OMG fire!" so no one could get in or out, which wasn't helpful when the fireman couldn't get in to put the fire out. A load of sims set on fire, but no one died, and despite it having been ages since the party, there is still a teen wandering my NH all black and burnt.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
My family had a birthday party for their kid, and the birthday cake set the kitchen on fire! Then, because of the rubbish pathfinding S3 sims have, all the guests were blocking the door going "OMG fire!" so no one could get in or out, which wasn't helpful when the fireman couldn't get in to put the fire out. A load of sims set on fire, but no one died, and despite it having been ages since the party, there is still a teen wandering my NH all black and burnt.

The birthday cake has sat the kitchen on fire 3/4 times -.- My guests are also blocking the entrance... I thought the sims were supposed to be smarter in ts3 :P

ingeborgsk
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:32 PM
I was moving my sim Chanel into her starter home when this "Opportunity" popped up.

Apparently, her house got hit with a meteor before she could even get settled in! LOL. The house loaded and there were piles of dirt and rocks scattered everywhere. Her mood immediately turned to red because of the disgusting surroundings.

I had her go around the lot and pick up the pieces of the meteor. There were about 2 large rocks in the house and 6 smaller ones scattered about. It turned out to be a good opportunity because the two large rocks were valued at $300+ simoleons! The smaller ones were from $30-$100.

Not bad for some extra change. The fireman came over and cleaned up a little and tried to chat. Then I called the maid service to finish up. :D
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:40 PM
how cool is that!? i love the random things like that!
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lawnbowls
I was trying to age a sim up eight days early, she was a teen but I was bored of her and her family and keen to move her out. I had no idea whether this was possible or not but threw a party and got her to go blow out the candles.

All of a sudden the cake and counter it was on burst into flames. Luckily she was a brave sim and just put the fire out. It was like EA was trying to punish me for having her birthday early.

She blew out the candles on her second cake without any hassles and is now enjoying young adulthood.

This happened to me too, but I wasn't trying to age my Sim early. I got the popup reminder that he'd be having a birthday soon so I should get a cake. I got the cake, set it out on the table and invited guests. As soon as guests arrived, someone started cooking and set the oven on fire. After that fire was out (the Sims put it out by themselves), they gathered around to the cake and it caught on fire! The fireman came and put it out, but for some reason the birthday Sim just stood there on fire for several game hours because no one would put him out!

Poor guy. Must've been the worst birthday ever.
Test Subject
#75 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
My guy was told to do some fitness stuff, sent him for a jog and afterwards he was to have a swim in the pool. Well that wasn't really a very good idea, because he drowned.

After he had died, the Grim Reaper calmly walks into the house and starts watching TV!
Page 3 of 16