Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medievalish Patterns

by Lethe_s Posted 4th Jun 2009 at 7:50 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM by Lethe_s

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:14 PM
I love these Is there a tiny seam showing in the diamond tile pattern though? Mismatched lines? looks like it from the screenshot. I'll test in game and see if it's still there.

Beautiful work, I was just thinking we needed something with Celtic knots
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Srikandi,
I'm afraid that's the way my game renders it. I checked it a zillion times, those lines should be straight
A possible fix is making the line thicker. If it acts like that in everyone's game, I might have to do that.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Oooh, I really like the Fleur de Lys print! I'm glad to see that it's been less than a week and you're making medieval-looking things. :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:22 PM
Nifty! Thanks for making these and for sharing them with all of us.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:19 AM
very nice work! I look forward to more patterns/content from you for TS3 =)

Slowly creating TS3 patterns!
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:27 PM
I love the medieval realms! I saved all of my stories from Sims 2. Thank you not only for the wonderful downloads but for the link to the installation as well. Sims 3 obviously works differently than Sims 2 and the wiki is very thorough.

I know I say it perhaps too often and it may seem disingenuious but I truly appreciate all that you do. I have leukemia and my "adopted" daughter does as well. We play together and she can feel "normal." Sims 1 and 2 helped her gain social skills and gave her so much to look forward to.

We are still truly in awe that so many of you continue to give freely for so many years. You make more of a difference than you realize.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM
Has anyone had trouble getting this to work on Vista? I have followed the tutorial very carefully, and am not using any subfolders under "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" but it isn't working. Someone on another thread suggested it has to do with filepath names being different in Vista than what the resource file directs. Can anyone help?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aeden
Has anyone had trouble getting this to work on Vista? I have followed the tutorial very carefully, and am not using any subfolders under "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" but it isn't working. Someone on another thread suggested it has to do with filepath names being different in Vista than what the resource file directs. Can anyone help?

Aeden your file path may look like this?:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
I haven't ran any downloads yet to see if they actually work. Actually I'm downloading right now X-D I'm so very excited!

Yay! Medieval patterns :-D Thank you!
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:38 PM
Needs to be in the path where the game is installed, wherever that is on your computer. You can do a file search for TS3.exe if you're not sure where that is, or right-click on the game shortcut and choose "properties" and look at the file path.

I use Vista, but I keep all my games in folders under C:\Games, so that's where it is for me.
Instructor
#11 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM
I have almost all of your Sims 2 downloads and happy to see that you may be continuing the medieval theme. I may have to buy Sims 3 afterall

Thanks!

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:07 PM
I've always adored your medieval things, good to see they'll still be here for TS3!
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 3:08 PM
Good to see this, as there aren't many options for a medieval theme in this version of the Sims. I hope to see some more medieval patterns and possibly objects in coming months, and I'm sure I will. Cheers.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 7:59 PM
These are some of my favorite patterns and I use them a lot. They look great in game and I love the many different looks possible with recoloring. I love your creations! Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 12:26 AM
Lovely! Normally I'm a horribly stickler for _really_ medieval stuff (no lace, frills, renaissance looks or similar) but these patterns are so lovely that I don't even care if and how much wall-papers and tiles were used. My merchants will have a lovely wall-paper and some beautifully tiled floors.

(What, the peasants? If god had wanted them to have beautiful houses, he'd have made them nobility. Three estate system in action.)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 9:50 PM
Thank you