Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plain Doors with Doorknobs and Matching Dummy Doors

by Ambular Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 3:20 PM - Updated 6th Oct 2010 at 9:04 AM by Ambular : Fixed wall masks.

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:05 PM
Excellent thank you very much.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:42 PM
thanks, i've really been needing something like this for a long time. these look nice while still being simple, and i do a lot of stuff in the game that calls for that kind of style
Theorist
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:51 PM
Simple doors with door knobs - what a refreshing idea!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:08 PM
These doors are very nice, thank you!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:04 PM
love it. Great idea. :D

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:27 AM
Beautiful doors! Thank you

Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone. (Tommy Cooper)
Instructor
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:12 AM
Dummy doors, what a great idea!
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:18 AM
Nice idea! I don't know if I'll ever use the dummy doors, but I might, if I make a movie or something and want a loooooong hallway...

I have a theory why there's no plain knobbed doors. You know how pregnant sims can't empty the litterbox? It's a reference to real life, where you're not supposed to empty the litterbox while pregnant because of toxoplasmosis. With the doors, knobbed doors are actually illegal in American businesses because of the Americans with Disabilities Act, to accomodate people with damaged, deformed or missing hands.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ErikLeroux
I have a theory why there's no plain knobbed doors. You know how pregnant sims can't empty the litterbox? It's a reference to real life, where you're not supposed to empty the litterbox while pregnant because of toxoplasmosis. With the doors, knobbed doors are actually illegal in American businesses because of the Americans with Disabilities Act, to accomodate people with damaged, deformed or missing hands.

Interesting! That's quite plausible! But still rather unfortunate for those of us who live in old houses with plain, knobby doors. XD
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:06 AM
Alas, most American homes are ADA non-compliant. In any case, I'm happy we have doors that look like doors now. Thanks!
Instructor
#12 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 3:37 AM
This will prove useful indeed!
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 9:03 AM Last edited by Aims : 1st Nov 2009 at 9:06 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Hey does anyone know if it's possible to link these doors to the recolours of the ingame Valuewood door? I love the doors and think they are just the best for internal doors for my houses but would love to have more colours. I have absolutely no idea how to recolour stuff myself. Thanks so much for these Ambular! :-)
PS. Also I was wondering if it's possible to have a silver recolour of the handle? Again I really wish I knew how to do these things myself :-(
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 8:58 AM
Fixed a small wallmask issue only visible when shadows are turned off. Redownload if you like, the GUID's remain the same and the files will overwrite the old ones.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 3:21 PM
Yay! These look SO GOOD! And dummy doors!? How original! Thankyou!
Just to re-assure, does this page already include the dummy doors from you other thread so I don't have to go and download them? Cuz I want dummy doors, but this thread says itincludes them?
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbbe99
Yay! These look SO GOOD! And dummy doors!? How original! Thankyou!
Just to re-assure, does this page already include the dummy doors from you other thread so I don't have to go and download them? Cuz I want dummy doors, but this thread says itincludes them?

The dummy doors here are essentially the same as the ones in the other post, except that they borrow their textures from the matching real doors. If you have these, you don't need to download them from the other thread.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Yay! Plain doors! Finally!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 3:20 AM
thanks