Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quicker Painting

by ButtKoWitz Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 10:23 PM - Updated 30th Jun 2009 at 1:38 PM by ButtKoWitz : removed url to my forum

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
thank you so much! I was getting so sick of waiting
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 12:08 AM
lol thanks for this ButtKoWitz
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 12:52 AM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:01 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU! This is a mod i have been waiting for. Can you do that for novel writing too and provide those options or does it work differently?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 2:21 AM
Welcome all!

Breanan, there is a faster writing mod here, I believe it was posted just a day or two ago. I haven't tried it, but imagen it is possibly what you're after. I haven't yet made one for writing, but plan to (as I typically play artistic/bookworm).

Check the url in my profile for new/other mods (also it's in the readme.txt in the archive you downloaded). I'm much more active there.
Inventor
#7 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:17 AM
This mod works great for making painting faster but I installed your instant one and the paintings have $0 dollar worth value so I can't sell them for profit. I hope you will be able to fix this because I love how fast the painting gets done.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:03 AM
Thank you. I really appreciate this. I have several artist sims and it's so frustrating that it takes them so long to paint. I'm going to test this now.
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:04 AM
This actually means that an artist can contribute to the household. Thanks a lot.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:51 AM
i tried it out and within 15 real minutes theyre done (when sped up)
i just hope its my sim who decides to make them mosaic style paintings and not the hack itself

thanks
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 12:32 PM
I tested all separately, but the pictures have everything only a value of 0! What wrong do I make?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sunny99
I tested all separately, but the pictures have everything only a value of 0! What wrong do I make?

Bluegengitsu(sp?) also seems to have had a $0 issue.

--Make sure the painting was started (new) after the mod was put in. Pre-existing paintings seem to have issues.

--Make sure you only use one of the mods at a time.

--The Instant mod might be buggy. I don't use that one at all so I've only done minimal testing with it (however the pictures did work, and sold). I'm also using a painting value mod (which I've submitted, hopefully it's available soon). I've tested this mod with and without my valuer mod though without issues.

--Might be another mod you have conflicting with mine. See if you have any other mod(s) that modifies painting time and/or skill use time.

--You might even try deleting the easel and buying a new one.

If you continue having issues please check my profile (or the readme) and visit/post on my forum. I'm much more prone to checking that than this forum
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:36 PM
Thank you for your assistance, I have only this Mod in the play which paint concern in the play and I have now after repeated to start again the jgp1_QuickerPaintingExtremelyFast_v1.package in the play and there is again money for it, thanks for yours strives makes in such a way plays fun
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:23 PM
awesome mod thank you!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:06 PM
awsome mod, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
great mod
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:00 AM
I have a bug. With the instant all the paintings I paint are worth 0 dollars even if theyre masterpieces.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 4:37 PM
when installing this, would this technically go in the Installer Monkey created subfolder "hacks" under the 'Packages' folder?

And thanks for this. I have a sim who is a stay at home mom (currently) and she's artistic and I'd like her to be able to earn some Simoleans for her paintings.

Favorite EP(s): Seasons, Open for Business and Free Time

Least Favorite: Pets

Neutral: Nightlife & University
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
that's really good!

Can u do a QUICKER GARDENING?

*__*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by llaminsk
that's really good!
Can u do a QUICKER GARDENING?

I do want to mod gardening. I've made a couple "farmer" sims, but it drives me nuts the amount of time required to make a GOOD farm (talking quite a few plants with 2-6 sims working the fields).

However, it'll probably be a while. Currently working on a "Professional Author" routine.

There are some existing mods for harvesting/plants.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jedilizthesim
when installing this, would this technically go in the Installer Monkey created subfolder "hacks" under the 'Packages' folder?

I have no idea. I never use Installer Monkey. My setup path is:
C:\Sims3\Mods\Packages ...and that's where I put my mods.

Anywho, I'd think it should go wherever your other mod packages are. Although it's possible Installer Monkey creates a number of sub-dirs that are categorized (such as "Homes", "Body", "Hacks", etc). Could be it goes in "Hacks" and that's just the Monkey's way of "helping" you know what type of mod it is.

Perhaps refer to the documentation for that app, or post to a support forum for it. I apologize that I'm completely at a loss about how Installer Monkey works.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButtKoWitz
Bluegengitsu(sp?) also seems to have had a $0 issue.

--Make sure the painting was started (new) after the mod was put in. Pre-existing paintings seem to have issues.

--Make sure you only use one of the mods at a time.

--The Instant mod might be buggy. I don't use that one at all so I've only done minimal testing with it (however the pictures did work, and sold). I'm also using a painting value mod (which I've submitted, hopefully it's available soon). I've tested this mod with and without my valuer mod though without issues.

--Might be another mod you have conflicting with mine. See if you have any other mod(s) that modifies painting time and/or skill use time.

--You might even try deleting the easel and buying a new one.

If you continue having issues please check my profile (or the readme) and visit/post on my forum. I'm much more prone to checking that than this forum

Thanks, for some reason instant makes the paintings cost $0? =(
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:04 PM
finally i can paint my sims and have a gallery with their pictures quicker lol

He who laughs last, does not get it
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:28 PM
Perfect, I got a little tired of waiting around when they come to the last couple of levels.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:51 AM
Default Compatible with World Adventures?
Hi ButtKoWitz

First of all, thanks SO much for this mod, it worked perfectly for me in the base game - it takes way to long to paint EA's way!

Is it compatible with WA?

Thanks a bunch.
Page 1 of 2