Locked thread | Replies: 42 (Who?), Viewed: 11058 times. | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See new sticky.
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:17 PM
The Sims 3 "Downtown"
In TS3, do you think that there will be a Nightlife like expansion? There really isnt much need for one i think since we already have a downtown and we can already take our sims on "dates" What do you think about this? IS this type of expansion pack needed if indeed EA decides to make one like this? I dont think so since we've got cars, (more cars would be cool though), we've got dates,downtown, and parties, I see no point, what do you think?

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:41 PM
We definately need clubs. I miss clubs. Why Clubs? Why.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:50 PM
Somehow I don't think that' going to happen. I've been looking inside the community buildings with the Tab view and they don't look like they've been made with the intention to open them up at a later time. Unless they make them to load separately when the sim enters them, the same way they would load a community lot in Sims2. But considering how rushed and with a total lack of consideration for players wishes they made the basegame, I really doubt they will go to that much trouble just to enable sims to go shopping, clubbing or anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:51 PM
The thing about that is if we do get clubs back you probably wont be able to see inside them just like every other community lot.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
"Every other community lot" meaning the library, the gym, the art gallery, the parks...
Theorist
#6 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:23 PM
Unless you can actually go into the buildings and see the insides of them, downtown makes no sense at all
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:28 PM
Actually, if there is a downtown area then clubs won't be rabbit holes as long as Sims cannot be employed there. I could be wrong but I noticed that all 'rabbit hole' lots (rabbit hole?) are places where sims have to go to work and, therefore, have nothing inside, while other lots are fully explorable.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocobaura
But considering how rushed and with a total lack of consideration for players wishes they made the basegame, I really doubt they will go to that much trouble just to enable sims to go shopping, clubbing or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafoe2029
The thing about that is if we do get clubs back you probably wont be able to see inside them just like every other community lot.

Angry consumers are angry! D:<

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:32 PM
It should be an expansion pack with a seperate downtown... Like in nightlife. Then we can go there, and be at clubs and everything. The only stupid thing is that we probably get the loading screen back :P

ingeborgsk
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
I can't imagine they'll require all non-outdoor dates and outings to take place in rabbit-holes forever.

I mean, even when you eat outside at the bistro you can't interact with the date during the meal.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGirl
I can't imagine they'll require all non-outdoor dates and outings to take place in rabbit-holes forever.

I mean, even when you eat outside at the bistro you can't interact with the date during the meal.

I think that's how they wanted things to be. There's no more passion in woohoo and makeout, and they chaperoned the dates. No more feed bites ove the table to the dates and such.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
I've said this before, but I'm willing to bet that the next expansion pack will be a sort of Urban expansion pack (sims 3: City Life?) that will incorporate elements of NL, OFB and maybe hopefully apartment life.

At the least I can dream! :D

I miss Nightlife for Ts3 too.
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Actually, you can see the insides of some of the town buildings if your sims throw a party there. One of my politician sims had a fundraiser at the art gallery, and it turned into a playable lot. The only problem was that there was no food on the lot and I couldn't figure out how to get food there (ordering pizza, buffet table, etc.) so everybody got hungry. The party was a success anyway.
Instructor
#14 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 9:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by botanycreek
Actually, you can see the insides of some of the town buildings if your sims throw a party there. One of my politician sims had a fundraiser at the art gallery, and it turned into a playable lot. The only problem was that there was no food on the lot and I couldn't figure out how to get food there (ordering pizza, buffet table, etc.) so everybody got hungry. The party was a success anyway.

The buildings with red tags are the rabbit holes that you can't see in, the ones with blue tags are regular community buildings. You can go in those any time, like the art gallery, the library and the gym.

To get food there you need to go to edit town and place a buffet table on that lot ahead of time.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 11:49 PM
There's no way EA is going to drastically change what they've already implemented into the game. The rabbit holes are objects, not buildings... So they will always be objects, always rabbit holes. To make-up for this, though, I'm sure they'll allow us to make our own community lots and (please, god) be able to purchase them and turn them into Sim-Run Businesses.

Open for Business was the best Expansion Pack for Sims 2, because it gave the player an actual goal, rather than just making babies and making money... It was about being well-known and having a successful business. And you actually got perks from it, which you get by default in Sims 3.

If they could recreate Purchaseable Business Community Lots, like in OFB, then I think a lot of Sims 3 players will be satisfied and maybe even forget about the Rabbit Hole issue. I know I will.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 12:25 AM
I hope that if they do have an open for buisness expansion you can still have a home buisness. There are a few things that I wanted to try out with the OFB objects on my sims lot but I didn't get a chance cause my open for buisness had some stupid random issue with it(don't ask) and then the sims 3 came out. Sigh. I hope I can try out my "idea's" in the sims 3. Muahahahaha! I mean, sigh. lol
Theorist
#17 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
Yeah I agree OFB was the coolest EP along with NightLife. I miss home businesses with their perks, too, as well as owning real lots (not rabbit-holes).
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 5:55 AM
I don't think there will be a downtown expansion. The only things I used in that game were the cars and the ability to make sub-hoods.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:32 AM
I recall reading somewhere that they intended to have expansion packs build upon neighborhoods, so there would be a suburban area, a downtown area, a college area, etc. eventually making what they called 'a sim nation'. I certainly hope that they make a downtown sort of expansion where you can interact within the buildings; if not, just give me vampires- please! ;_; I need my vampires!
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:46 AM
I hope there's a dating expansion, with scored dates, turn-ons and turn-offs, and most importantly, chemistry. Building up relationships without chemistry is really hard.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:36 AM
I feel you, HazelEyes... But I'd really like them to incorporate memories before they even touch turn-ons and turn-offs... How is my sim supposed to remember a great date with their significant other?
Banned
#22 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 9:50 AM
I hope they leave memories out. I hated feeling like I *had* to play by continuety. Lack of memories is one reason why I *like* TS3 :/
Forum Resident
#23 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:29 PM
Look at you lot, talking about what's "definitely, absolutely NOT" gonna be in the game.
You must have some pretty sweet connections with EA.

"Sims 3 will definitely, absolutely NOT be moddable." Remember that?

Can we all just try to chill and adopt a wait-and-see mentality? Because frankly, it seems like there are people in the community who are not happy unless they're grousing about something.

And now I'm confused. Didn't someone somewhere say that EA mentioned the first expansion would have to do with the rabbit holes? That means it's possible to do, right? In a way, it made sense that they didn't open them up from the get-go. It would be that much more to troubleshoot, that much more time it would've taken to develop, that many more bugs to miss--heh--and I would NOT want to see the riot the fans would pitch (self included) if they had to push the game back again.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:47 PM
Quote:
Can we all just try to chill and adopt a wait-and-see mentality? Because frankly, it seems like there are people in the community who are not happy unless they're grousing about something.

I agree with that. Everyone likes to pitch a fit over nothing.

That being said, I don't see why they couldn't do a Nightlife-like expansion, and I'd def like to see one. Right now, community activities are limited to basicly gyms, parks and fishing ponds. Which is cool, I like it, but one of my favorite things in TS2 was building cool community lots.

I'd love some objects that could be used to make things like coffee shops, clothing stores, diners, clubs, hotels and things like that. I'm not saying they ought to open up the rabbit holes. I like them for what they are, and really, who wants to watch their sim watch a movie? Prob pretty boring.

But yeah, I'd like to see some seperate, playable community dining spots and clubs. And maybe this time the clubs could be reasonably well populated. I hated that there would be like ten sims max at a club. It just doesn't give off the right vibe.

ETA: Actually, I'd like to see my sims watch a movie if they had interactions like "share popcorn/candy" and "hold hands" or "hide eyes during scary scene" or something like that.

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.

Forum Resident
#25 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 3:59 PM
You do make a good point about some rabbit holes being left closed. But restaurants where you can't even pick what your Sims eat? And I think it would be somewhat interesting to actually be able to walk your Sim through their workday instead of picking things from a dropdown menu. (Though that IS an improvement from the last game). Think about it, how much of our Sims' lives gets fast-forwarded between work and sleep alone? As long as the job is engaging to watch, I can see going through a workday in real time.

Yeeah cluuubs! It was so much fun to watch a bunch of Sims on the dancefloor...and then those few off to the side laughing at them. XD

I do also want the dating system back, (along with all of those cutesy romantic interactions) but maybe this time with more realistic progression. I'm sure people remember how easy it was to max out to the Dream Date level in TS2.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: See new sticky.
Page 1 of 2